Chad reed wouldn't sign my replica front plate

PastranaWho
11/13/2017 10:00am
kkawboy14 wrote:
How much is a signed Reed replica plate Worth? $8?
whatever the replica plate is worth.
coolhand
11/13/2017 10:02am
Damn,

It must be that time of month for you,

AS64
Fantasy
2175th
11/13/2017 10:03am
kkawboy14 wrote:
How much is a signed Reed replica plate Worth? $8?
Less than a new, untouched one.
11/13/2017 10:10am
Global warming is Chads fault too

The Shop

Rockinar
11/13/2017 10:32am

I dont see the issue. The OP said himself he "had a whole heap of replica plates" to sign. Sounds like he got singed out as a profesional autograph seeker and Chad refused. Non issue.

The KX250 deal was non issue too. Chad signed his jersey and pants and gave them to the guy as a thanks. The guy then tried to flip the bike on Ebay.

mxb2
11/13/2017 10:41am
Rockinar wrote:
I dont see the issue. The OP said himself he "had a whole heap of replica plates" to sign. Sounds like he got singed out as...

I dont see the issue. The OP said himself he "had a whole heap of replica plates" to sign. Sounds like he got singed out as a profesional autograph seeker and Chad refused. Non issue.

The KX250 deal was non issue too. Chad signed his jersey and pants and gave them to the guy as a thanks. The guy then tried to flip the bike on Ebay.

Reed got butthurt because the guy was going to sell it. Not sure why, it's his bike to sell.
OldPro277
11/13/2017 11:13am
Although Im not the biggest Chad Reed fan in the world,I will relate a story that happenned to my daughter and son-in-law approx 5 weeks ago. We live in western Pa, but the two of them were in Orlando at Universal Studios celebrating their 3rd wedding anniversary ,a place they've gone to on every anniversary they've had since starting dating 8 years ago. Anyhoo, while there, they were in the Harry Potter area of Universal, and ran across who they thought was Chad, Elle and the kids doing the basic family vacation. They poked around a little to make sure,but obviously not wanting to bug them on vacation ,kind of just laid low eating their ice cream. My daughter slid up next to Chad and whispered to him "Hate to bother you ,but are you Chad Reed?" She said his eyes lit up and said "as a matter of fact ,Iam" so they talked for a few minutes, my son-in-law races Yamaha's and told Chad that he was happy that he was back on blue (funny now,lol). After exchanging a few laughs , Chad asked if they wanted a pic with him so they both got pics with him ,but since no one was carrying anything to sign,all they got were those couple pics and a great memory. Even better than a signed piece of paper. If I were him, I probably would have been irritated that somebody was bugging me when i was with my wife and kids on vacation,but he seemed genuinely happy to see fans outside of a track/race, so with that being said, Chad went up a few rungs on my ladder.

imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
11/13/2017 11:13am
Rockinar wrote:
I dont see the issue. The OP said himself he "had a whole heap of replica plates" to sign. Sounds like he got singed out as...

mxb2 wrote:
Reed got butthurt because the guy was going to sell it. Not sure why, it's his bike to sell.
Stone mentioned in the eBay ad that it was the bike Reed rode in opening ceremonies. A teen girl cry's less.
pmshortt2
11/13/2017 11:17am
A guy running around with a stack of signed number plates is a bit silly.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
11/13/2017 11:18am
He apologized for not being able to sign the plate. Obviously there is a reason for it, he wasn't just being a knob. Then he proceeded to sign a poster and give it to the OP. It wasn't a 2 hour wait for nothing, it was a 2 hour wait for exactly what was advertised, an autograph signing.

He was there handing out free posters and autographs that can easily go in the mancave, maybe not as cool as a plate for some people but still memorabilia that can go in the "man cave". Non issue, good bloke, carry on with your lives everyone.
mxb2
11/13/2017 11:26am
Rockinar wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
imoto34 wrote:
Stone mentioned in the eBay ad that it was the bike Reed rode in opening ceremonies. A teen girl cry's less.
Yep, he rode it, dude got it back. Put it up for sale, no biggie.
11/13/2017 11:37am Edited Date/Time 11/13/2017 11:39am
OldPro277 wrote:
Although Im not the biggest Chad Reed fan in the world,I will relate a story that happenned to my daughter and son-in-law approx 5 weeks ago...
Although Im not the biggest Chad Reed fan in the world,I will relate a story that happenned to my daughter and son-in-law approx 5 weeks ago. We live in western Pa, but the two of them were in Orlando at Universal Studios celebrating their 3rd wedding anniversary ,a place they've gone to on every anniversary they've had since starting dating 8 years ago. Anyhoo, while there, they were in the Harry Potter area of Universal, and ran across who they thought was Chad, Elle and the kids doing the basic family vacation. They poked around a little to make sure,but obviously not wanting to bug them on vacation ,kind of just laid low eating their ice cream. My daughter slid up next to Chad and whispered to him "Hate to bother you ,but are you Chad Reed?" She said his eyes lit up and said "as a matter of fact ,Iam" so they talked for a few minutes, my son-in-law races Yamaha's and told Chad that he was happy that he was back on blue (funny now,lol). After exchanging a few laughs , Chad asked if they wanted a pic with him so they both got pics with him ,but since no one was carrying anything to sign,all they got were those couple pics and a great memory. Even better than a signed piece of paper. If I were him, I probably would have been irritated that somebody was bugging me when i was with my wife and kids on vacation,but he seemed genuinely happy to see fans outside of a track/race, so with that being said, Chad went up a few rungs on my ladder.

Cool story, thanks for posting! This kind of speaks to what I posted about earlier in the thread about how we as fans really only get to interact with the riders on the most important day of the week for them and try to make judgments of character from that one day. (Obviously the OP situation is different, but I'm speaking in general)

I've seen so many people post on here like "Rider X was about to go do a heat race and wouldn't sign my shirt, he must be an asshole!" and it's just comedy to me every time. These riders job is to put in good results so sorry if they are focused on that during race day. Most of these riders are really good people, and will chat with almost anyone but you can't expect them to give you much time when you bug them right before they go and throw down.

Once again, I'm not speaking in regards to the OP, I'm just speaking in general.
Flip109
11/13/2017 11:55am
I think most these guys are good dudes. Chad included. Internet is hell these days for em if they don’t bend over or jerk a fan off at a moments notice. BlinkLaughing
peelout
11/13/2017 12:11pm Edited Date/Time 11/13/2017 12:12pm
well, his name is Chad after all
FlaNard
11/13/2017 12:45pm
Ran into Chad at the U.S Open back in the day. His first year on the big bikes I think. Chad literally could not have been a nicer guy to all of us. Very friendly and took the time to have a little conversation with us which we didn't expect. The crazy thing is that out of nowhere he opened up a gear bag full of replica plates and just started signing replica plate after replica plate. We told him to please stop and that we now had more than enough of them for everyone but Chad refused to take no for an answer. We ended up with about 100 replica plates all together. Chad then leaned in and whispered "Nobody will ever believe you" and skipped off humming a Men at Work song. What a bloke!
Snapper
11/13/2017 1:50pm
FlaNard wrote:
Ran into Chad at the U.S Open back in the day. His first year on the big bikes I think. Chad literally could not have been...
Ran into Chad at the U.S Open back in the day. His first year on the big bikes I think. Chad literally could not have been a nicer guy to all of us. Very friendly and took the time to have a little conversation with us which we didn't expect. The crazy thing is that out of nowhere he opened up a gear bag full of replica plates and just started signing replica plate after replica plate. We told him to please stop and that we now had more than enough of them for everyone but Chad refused to take no for an answer. We ended up with about 100 replica plates all together. Chad then leaned in and whispered "Nobody will ever believe you" and skipped off humming a Men at Work song. What a bloke!
Brilliant Wink
51xc
11/13/2017 2:02pm
one of the most pointless things people do when it comes to VIP's: asking for a signature. top tipp: maybe try to have fun instead.
DC
11/13/2017 2:02pm
kkawboy14 wrote:

Signed Chad Reed number plate: $5.00 value

Starting a thread about not getting one: PRICELESS

Get a cat!

That's pure, laugh-out-loud funny. Good stuff.

DC
Racer X
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
11/13/2017 2:18pm
Who promised you an autograph?
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
11/13/2017 4:12pm
I don't think it would be due to resale items ect.. Im sure it would have something to do with sponsors and fall outs with other company's or along them lines. Reeds known for company's not willing to help him, to make sure there logos that are not shared.. But signed plates and stuff, be interesting to know why. can only think it would have something to do with prizes from his sponsors for his fans or promotions from the big company's getting in the way.

CalRMX
11/13/2017 4:17pm
I have a wrist pin from a P51 Merlin engine that was signed by Bob Hannah, which I bought at the Reno air races.

If I went up to Bob Hannah with another P51 wrist pin, what do you think the chances are he'd sign it? somewhere between 0% and 0%.
thereal87
11/13/2017 4:32pm
Rockinar wrote:

I ment a whole heap as in the top US riders, it's not every day they come to Australia
jrrundle
11/13/2017 4:36pm Edited Date/Time 11/13/2017 5:16pm
Don’t forget you need to take pictures of him signing it, you’ll need to prove it’s “authentic”.

Next time find Roczen, I heard he’ll sign anything.
Myke
Fantasy
2887th
11/13/2017 5:35pm
pmshortt2 wrote:
yup I agree
Old-Man
11/13/2017 5:43pm
Untill the powers at be quits suckling his balls( Davey, Steve) He has the right to do whatever he pleases.
Old-Man
11/13/2017 5:46pm
pmshortt2 wrote:
Myke wrote:
yup I agree
Unless you're a huge Fan building a Man-Cave.

Only one way to see this is the Vital way I guess. Anybody else gets clipped.
Old-Man
11/13/2017 5:57pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Unless the OP is 9yo or under, this is one of the stupidest complaints I've seen in a little while. I take it that the Aussie...
Unless the OP is 9yo or under, this is one of the stupidest complaints I've seen in a little while.

I take it that the Aussie motto of "harden the f*ck up" never quite made it to him. Or maybe he's one of the reasons for it in the first place.......
But yet you and 90% of Vital would give "Pinkies up" on a pic of his "Man cave" with all his collection of Plates signed hanging on the wall above the Bar wall in his house.

Vital at it's best right here, hypocritical A-Holes drinking the Vital Kool-aid.
Do any thinking of your own?
kkawboy14
11/13/2017 6:40pm
DC wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote: Signed Chad Reed number plate: $5.00 value Starting a thread about not getting one: PRICELESS Get a cat! That's pure, laugh-out-loud funny. Good stuff...
kkawboy14 wrote:

Signed Chad Reed number plate: $5.00 value

Starting a thread about not getting one: PRICELESS

Get a cat!

That's pure, laugh-out-loud funny. Good stuff.

DC
Racer X
Thx Smile
MX690
11/13/2017 7:01pm
haydos25 wrote:
He apologized for not being able to sign the plate. Obviously there is a reason for it, he wasn't just being a knob. Then he proceeded...
He apologized for not being able to sign the plate. Obviously there is a reason for it, he wasn't just being a knob. Then he proceeded to sign a poster and give it to the OP. It wasn't a 2 hour wait for nothing, it was a 2 hour wait for exactly what was advertised, an autograph signing.

He was there handing out free posters and autographs that can easily go in the mancave, maybe not as cool as a plate for some people but still memorabilia that can go in the "man cave". Non issue, good bloke, carry on with your lives everyone.
Don't go bringing common sense into this thread, just let the judgmental fans continue to throw Reed under a bus because they THINK it was all about eBay and money.

Post a reply to: Chad reed wouldn't sign my replica front plate

The Latest