Chad reed/matthes interview

peltier626
2/6/2019 4:47pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2019 8:30am
Seems livid. Understandably so. He always speaks his mind. https://racerxonline.com/2019/02/06/observations-san-diego
|
CPR
2/6/2019 5:49pm
I wouldn't say "livid", more beyond frustrated. He's always spoken out about issues that have effected other riders and teams, but then gotten plenty of flack from fans and the industry when no one else would have the balls to back it up.

This is not a new issue, yet no ones done anything about it. Seems he's lost faith and just wants to race his bike.
carmfarm
2/6/2019 11:00pm
CPR wrote:
I wouldn't say "livid", more beyond frustrated. He's always spoken out about issues that have effected other riders and teams, but then gotten plenty of flack...
I wouldn't say "livid", more beyond frustrated. He's always spoken out about issues that have effected other riders and teams, but then gotten plenty of flack from fans and the industry when no one else would have the balls to back it up.

This is not a new issue, yet no ones done anything about it. Seems he's lost faith and just wants to race his bike.
I think Reed likes to hear himself talk
shuggs
2/7/2019 12:30am
Bit of a reality check when he says no-one else will speak out
Crush
2/7/2019 1:06am
I've posted here a few times before that the teams are the ones who should be getting together and forming some sort of owner's corp that dictates what happens. They're really the ones who could and should and are silly for not.

In the end, they're investing money in bikes, teams, personnel and the riders and every shit circumstance, and let's be honest there's a lot, ultimately affects them as much as the riders. And they're being told to travel here, suck this rule up, oh sorry about the lime, no you can't sell that. Fucking ridiculous and not seeing wood for trees...

Different business models doesn't even matter. A rising tide helps every ship.

The Shop

Cortami79
2/7/2019 5:51am
Everts did something in his prime when he delayed the start of the race with his fellow riders. It affected the broadcast so the organisation had to do something. I think it was about Youthstream not paying purse money anymore.

newmann
2/7/2019 6:55am
Popcorn gif...

Funny that Reed call the industry types pusses. Laughing
shuggs
2/7/2019 7:23am
Cortami79 wrote:
Everts did something in his prime when he delayed the start of the race with his fellow riders. It affected the broadcast so the organisation had...
Everts did something in his prime when he delayed the start of the race with his fellow riders. It affected the broadcast so the organisation had to do something. I think it was about Youthstream not paying purse money anymore.

I think he tried but Luongo made it clear he had to ride, think this was in South Africa
carmfarm
2/7/2019 7:34am
newmann wrote:
Popcorn gif...

Reed is a pussy also then bc Reed wont do shit about it either except act big and bad in this interview
Motofinne
2/7/2019 7:42am Edited Date/Time 2/7/2019 7:47am
There is a huge difference between what happened at San Diego and any other incident that Reed thinks of where he has been involved in.

This influenced every single rider on the track. This is so much bigger than black flag-gate or anything else that has happened through the years.

I don't think that the riders and teams will ever get a better chance to make a difference for the future. I would like to think that a smart guy like Reed would understand that (although i understand if he feels like nothing is going to change). This is it for the riders and the teams if they want change. As much as what happened sucks it also opened a door.
Donovan759
2/7/2019 7:49am
carmfarm wrote:
You would know better than anyone.
peltier626
2/7/2019 8:54am
Motofinne wrote:
There is a huge difference between what happened at San Diego and any other incident that Reed thinks of where he has been involved in. This...
There is a huge difference between what happened at San Diego and any other incident that Reed thinks of where he has been involved in.

This influenced every single rider on the track. This is so much bigger than black flag-gate or anything else that has happened through the years.

I don't think that the riders and teams will ever get a better chance to make a difference for the future. I would like to think that a smart guy like Reed would understand that (although i understand if he feels like nothing is going to change). This is it for the riders and the teams if they want change. As much as what happened sucks it also opened a door.
Agree. This lime accident could possibly be an opportunity to make needed changes to the entire process. It's paramount that the OEM's and PARTICIPANTS of this sport should collaborate and utilize this opportunity. Could possibly be a blessing in disguise.
10000hrs
2/7/2019 8:58am
Cortami79 wrote:
Everts did something in his prime when he delayed the start of the race with his fellow riders. It affected the broadcast so the organisation had...

Similarly, The top twenty rider could claim they the have debilitating chemical burns and sit out the next round injured.
greenmx5
2/7/2019 10:33am
newmann wrote:
Popcorn gif...

carmfarm wrote:
Reed is a pussy also then bc Reed wont do shit about it either except act big and bad in this interview
Reed's been trying to do shit for years. But every time he did before, everyone said he was a crybaby. So why should he step up now when this is his last year?
mauidex
2/7/2019 10:39am
oh I can hardly wait for Ralph and Ricky to tell us all about it!!!!
2/7/2019 10:43am
newmann wrote:
Popcorn gif...

carmfarm wrote:
greenmx5 wrote:
Reed's been trying to do shit for years. But every time he did before, everyone said he was a crybaby. So why should he step up...
Reed's been trying to do shit for years. But every time he did before, everyone said he was a crybaby. So why should he step up now when this is his last year?
He should step up because now there would probably be more solidarity amongst the teams and riders. The fact that he just says “I told you so” accomplishes nothing. I get his frustrations but now is the time to try and get some changes put in place so the riders and teams have a voice.
500guy
2/7/2019 10:52am
Cortami79 wrote:

shuggs wrote:
I think he tried but Luongo made it clear he had to ride, think this was in South Africa
The FIM threatened to give him a lifetime ban, He apologized and went back to racing.
plowboy
2/7/2019 11:22am
The issue of a riders union or advocacy group is more complicated than it appears at first glance fellas. This is exactly why "think tanks and focus groups" exist.

Top 20 riders refuse to race until demands are addressed.
Outcome A (optimal): Promoters comply and teams/riders happy.
Outcome B (fail): Race is held with whatever riders turn up that wouldn't normally qualify.

I reckon it would take the manufacturer's and sponsors, in total support of the riders, to have enough influence to affect change.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
2/7/2019 11:25am
plowboy wrote:
The issue of a riders union or advocacy group is more complicated than it appears at first glance fellas. This is exactly why "think tanks and...
The issue of a riders union or advocacy group is more complicated than it appears at first glance fellas. This is exactly why "think tanks and focus groups" exist.

Outcome B (fail): Race is held with whatever riders turn up that wouldn't normally qualify.

I reckon it would take the manufacturer's and sponsors, in total support of the riders, to have enough influence to affect change.
Option B would end in whatever riders turning up losing any possible support from manufacturers and series sponsors. Would not be good for them in the long run.
BikeGuy321
2/7/2019 11:30am
I could see KTM, Husky corporate making a stink about this and getting some resolution. Japanese OEMs might have too much of a 'salary man' slave labor mentality to care.
Question
2/7/2019 11:51am
Cortami79 wrote:

shuggs wrote:
500guy wrote:
The FIM threatened to give him a lifetime ban, He apologized and went back to racing.
I did not know this episode (I worked a lot these years and stept out of mx for a bit).

To put it politely:

Suddently the promoter decide to not pay anyone anymore, so would the FIM force the riders to ride for free and to shut the fuck up ?

I have only 1 word, corruption, and it is PATHETIC. If someone understand better please elaborate.

Thanks for refreshing/updating my memory.
St Ann More
2/7/2019 12:01pm
Cortami79 wrote:

shuggs wrote:
500guy wrote:
Lifetime ban? Link? Source?
plowboy
2/7/2019 12:04pm
plowboy wrote:
The issue of a riders union or advocacy group is more complicated than it appears at first glance fellas. This is exactly why "think tanks and...

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Option B would end in whatever riders turning up losing any possible support from manufacturers and series sponsors. Would not be good for them in the...
Option B would end in whatever riders turning up losing any possible support from manufacturers and series sponsors. Would not be good for them in the long run.
Unless the riders that ignored the protest are "skin of the teeth" privateers with little to no mfg or industry support. They have nothing to lose and much to gain. I'd guess at least half the people at an SX event have no clue who the riders are. They came to see big jumps and crashes. They don't know who's out there and really don't care.

My point was this needs lots of thought. Like a troubleshooting tree...what are the possible outcomes of each action and secondary, tertiary...and so on. So many factors to consider.
plowboy
2/7/2019 12:23pm
shuggs wrote:
500guy wrote:
Lifetime ban? Link? Source?
I won't pretend to know how the GP's work but my dim recollection is that riders are paid by the teams/sponsors. There is no longer start or prize money paid by promoters.

Before anyone rags on the FIM series for that policy (which sucks)...the pay outs at the SX/MX series are a joke. And they are so small because the riders capable of getting on the box are paid by factories and industry sponsors. It's dog eat dog. Always has been. It's a shame that those "other rans" can't at least make a living while they chase the dream.
DoctorJD
2/7/2019 12:24pm
newmann wrote:
Popcorn gif...

carmfarm wrote:
LOL, dang dude, you don't like Reed do you? Did he not sign your Chad Reed lunch box, or something. Wait...carmfarm...Carmichael Farm...RC, is that YOU?
peltier626
2/7/2019 12:34pm
It's paramount that the OEM's and PARTICIPANTS of this sport collaborate and utilize this opportunity.
Kenny Lingus
2/7/2019 12:54pm
OEM's are the only ones with enough power to get anything done, whatever that may be.
plowboy
2/7/2019 1:22pm
OEM's are the only ones with enough power to get anything done, whatever that may be.
I believe you are correct.
plowboy
2/7/2019 1:26pm
peltier626 wrote:
It's paramount that the OEM's and PARTICIPANTS of this sport collaborate and utilize this opportunity.
I'd like to believe it's possible for them to use this opportunity to advance their agenda but I think old Chad is more right than folks can /will admit.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
2/7/2019 1:36pm
CPR wrote:
I wouldn't say "livid", more beyond frustrated. He's always spoken out about issues that have effected other riders and teams, but then gotten plenty of flack...

carmfarm wrote:
Damn dude... Did Chad and Ellie steal your girl or something?
toroP
2/7/2019 2:41pm
carmfarm wrote:
He was interviewed, you dope. It requires talking. Jeez, this place.

Post a reply to: Chad reed/matthes interview

The Latest