Chad done?? Race bikes for sale..

m21racing
3/28/2020 5:45pm
Hopefully some collector with stacks of cash buys the bikes, as it's probably a write off. I just hope that Art of War took out any proprietary stuff out of the suspension before it sells, or at least was given the option.
Momus
3/28/2020 9:32pm
Why are you so concerned about Art of War's bits?
JohnnyD13
3/29/2020 5:55am
JohnnyD13 wrote:
What have you given away? And on that note why don’t you put something up for raffle? I’ll buy a ticket
H4L wrote:
GTFO ! You have no idea..
That question was for broster. Didn’t mean to direct it to you.
lumpy790
3/29/2020 7:27am
As one of Chads sponsors we do not have the right to demand getting used or extra parts back.

We are interested in buying 1 of his bikes.

The Shop

H4L
3/29/2020 7:43am
JohnnyD13 wrote:
Ok. My bad..
m21racing
3/29/2020 8:14am
Momus wrote:
I've had people sell bikes with parts I wanted back, as they didn't pay for it. He may have spent a tonn of time on that setup, and wants to keep it proprietary; he should have the choice imo.
brocster
3/29/2020 8:16am Edited Date/Time 3/29/2020 8:22am
JohnnyD13 wrote:
What have you given away? And on that note why don’t you put something up for raffle? I’ll buy a ticket
H4L wrote:
JohnnyD13 wrote:
Laundry list that I don’t need to explain to you, but I’ll ditto what H4L said “GTFO ! You have no idea”

I have given a shit ton to underprivileged kids in a sport I was trying to grow and sustain. Still do in fact but am now a couple people detached from the actual giving. I know where product comes from and how it gets distributed so fugg off

Thanks for shedding some light on the subject Lumpy. Didn’t want to over step my bounds. Not tied to Chad at all but nearly all sponsorship work exactly the same or are very close in similarity.

JohnnyD13
3/29/2020 8:40am
H4L wrote:
JohnnyD13 wrote:
brocster wrote:
Laundry list that I don’t need to explain to you, but I’ll ditto what H4L said “GTFO ! You have no idea” I have given a...
Laundry list that I don’t need to explain to you, but I’ll ditto what H4L said “GTFO ! You have no idea”

I have given a shit ton to underprivileged kids in a sport I was trying to grow and sustain. Still do in fact but am now a couple people detached from the actual giving. I know where product comes from and how it gets distributed so fugg off

Thanks for shedding some light on the subject Lumpy. Didn’t want to over step my bounds. Not tied to Chad at all but nearly all sponsorship work exactly the same or are very close in similarity.

Seems like I pissed you off? Directing the same question you had about chads bikes. If this causes you to react like you did, wouldn’t that make you think twice before calling for someone to raffle their bikes? Hal was also reacting to a question that was for you. No one likes to be called out as selfish. Especially when the person calling you out has no clue.
brocster
3/29/2020 3:14pm
JohnnyD13 wrote:
brocster wrote:
Laundry list that I don’t need to explain to you, but I’ll ditto what H4L said “GTFO ! You have no idea” I have given a...

JohnnyD13 wrote:
Seems like I pissed you off? Directing the same question you had about chads bikes. If this causes you to react like you did, wouldn’t that...
Seems like I pissed you off? Directing the same question you had about chads bikes. If this causes you to react like you did, wouldn’t that make you think twice before calling for someone to raffle their bikes? Hal was also reacting to a question that was for you. No one likes to be called out as selfish. Especially when the person calling you out has no clue.
Not pissed at all brother and you still don’t friggin get it, at all...

Nowhere you will find that I called anyone selfish, nowhere!

I’ll echo your last statement and leave it at that...

JBlain619
3/29/2020 7:16pm
brocster wrote:

Not all sponsorships work like you are insinuating. Some have specific guidelines in the contracts that you are not allowed to sell products, not excluding installed, in the sale of the motorcycle that they are being used on. Those parts MUST be removed. They are proprietary parts (exhaust, head, pistons, valve train, ECU, wheels, air box) on it that must be removed and returned to the sponsor at the end of the season. So you cannot buy the exact bike he is riding this season, and he is an amateur. I do not know Reed’s deal, he may be using an off the shelf pipe and doesn’t have that addendum in his contract. To say all sponsorships are the same is well, wrong.
brocster
3/29/2020 8:06pm
brocster wrote:

JBlain619 wrote:
Not all sponsorships work like you are insinuating. Some have specific guidelines in the contracts that you are not allowed to sell products, not excluding installed...
Not all sponsorships work like you are insinuating. Some have specific guidelines in the contracts that you are not allowed to sell products, not excluding installed, in the sale of the motorcycle that they are being used on. Those parts MUST be removed. They are proprietary parts (exhaust, head, pistons, valve train, ECU, wheels, air box) on it that must be removed and returned to the sponsor at the end of the season. So you cannot buy the exact bike he is riding this season, and he is an amateur. I do not know Reed’s deal, he may be using an off the shelf pipe and doesn’t have that addendum in his contract. To say all sponsorships are the same is well, wrong.
guess You just glazed right over the last sentence eh?
APerry151
3/29/2020 8:37pm
GuyB wrote:
If I was going to guess? He has a bunch of car Lamborghini races coming up. Doing those, and then going back to finish up SX...
If I was going to guess? He has a bunch of car Lamborghini races coming up. Doing those, and then going back to finish up SX might not be in the cards.
Respectfully, I disagree. He’ll be back. He made mention of how he’d just started having fun again and his speed was trending in the right direction.

I think he sees an opportunity here to get in shape and come in healthy. Sure seems to be spending a lot of time in the gym and on a road bike lately.

Plus there’s these tweets.

3/29/2020 10:19pm
I’m hoping the lambo racing goes ass up and Chad HAS to keep racing SX 🤣
mxmaniac
3/29/2020 10:30pm
I hope Chad and James do some two stroke laps or something on their old race bikes for 2021. Maybe even get RC MC Timmy DV and Kdub to spin a few with them
Momus
3/30/2020 8:27am
Momus wrote:
m21racing wrote:
I've had people sell bikes with parts I wanted back, as they didn't pay for it. He may have spent a tonn of time on that...
I've had people sell bikes with parts I wanted back, as they didn't pay for it. He may have spent a tonn of time on that setup, and wants to keep it proprietary; he should have the choice imo.
Nope. Unless it was an equipment lease deal his intellectual property, and some hardware presumably, was the sponsorship that he was to leverage into sales.
He cannot have it both ways. Sponsorship is just that and Reed took a risk that he wouldn't get issues.
CPR
3/30/2020 6:01pm
Momus wrote:
m21racing wrote:
I've had people sell bikes with parts I wanted back, as they didn't pay for it. He may have spent a tonn of time on that...
Momus wrote:
Nope. Unless it was an equipment lease deal his intellectual property, and some hardware presumably, was the sponsorship that he was to leverage into sales. He...
Nope. Unless it was an equipment lease deal his intellectual property, and some hardware presumably, was the sponsorship that he was to leverage into sales.
He cannot have it both ways. Sponsorship is just that and Reed took a risk that he wouldn't get issues.
You know guys there's this little thing called 'communication' where said rider can actually talk to his sponsors and know what is theirs and they want back, or what is his to keep or sell.
I believe it may actually be one of the things they work out during sponsorship negotiations? Maybe, just guessing....

Post a reply to: Chad done?? Race bikes for sale..

The Latest