Create New Tag

3/24/2020 7:18 PM

Photo
|

3/24/2020 8:05 PM

Yes it appears that way. Legend.

|

3/24/2020 8:09 PM

The last two rounds just got cancelled and he's not doing outdoors so why would he hang on to them? I'd assume if he's finishing out the series in October he'd want to pick up some 2021 bikes to use....

|

Unfortunately all good things come to an end, what a career though.

|

Might be a good buy...those dual exhaust Hondas will be considered vintage soon.

|

3/24/2020 8:22 PM

You all don’t believe he’s DONE done do you?

|

3/24/2020 8:44 PM

Weirdly fitting that if this is the end, then it ends at Daytona, close to his longtime home and a race he has a strong passion for.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

3/24/2020 9:01 PM

Anyone know how much?

|

3/24/2020 9:14 PM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

Anyone know how much?

Email Dan and see.

|

3/24/2020 9:16 PM

Pretty sure the next time I'll see him race he'll be in a Lambo.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

3/24/2020 9:19 PM

Adam43 wrote:

If I was going to guess? He has a bunch of car Lamborghini races coming up. Doing those, and then going back to finish up SX might not be in the cards.

|

3/24/2020 10:36 PM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

Anyone know how much?

yes

|

3/24/2020 11:51 PM

I'd say he's 50/50 on 2021 plans.

He and Ellie both stated how sad it would be to go out this way, and Chad has mentioned multiple times how he's just starting to enjoy racing again, and how his fitness is coming around etc. That said, a very similar situation played out in Seattle (?) last year when he got injured, and after being super motivated to return as early as Vegas (didn't happen), he then found car racing over the summer and his tune completely changed towards his 2020 plans (losing the JGR ride didn't help).

Considering its looking like a wash for 2020 for him at least, it makes sense to sell the bikes, free up some funds, and see where the wind takes him.

|

3/25/2020 12:08 AM

It’s been a hell of a run. I’m not one to bet, but in this scenario I do believe he’s calling it a career and rightfully so. He’s got other obligations now and nothing to prove on a dirt bike. Z

|

3/25/2020 12:42 AM

Vet raced, no practice hours.

|

3/25/2020 1:05 AM

BMc914 wrote:

Vet raced, no practice hours.

Beat me too it. Instagram bike classified of the day!" LOL

|

3/25/2020 1:38 AM

I guess he bets on no more racing this year. It makes sense for him to start selling his stuff if that is the case. But somehow i wouldn't be surprised if he turns up next year considering that this is not how he wanted to end his legendary career?

|

3/25/2020 1:50 AM

Motofinne wrote:

I guess he bets on no more racing this year. It makes sense for him to start selling his stuff if that is the case. But somehow i wouldn't be surprised if he turns up next year considering that this is not how he wanted to end his legendary career?

^^^This^^^

|

3/25/2020 4:03 AM

Sadly, chances are high that we won't see him again. He had no fun barely getting into the main events and it wasn't fun to watch too.
Man, the last time it was clicking for him was 2014 on his TwoTwo Kawi. His Anaheim II wins was glorious!
I watched the 2006 outdoor races, which was Ricky's last full season, and it seems like half a lifetime ago. Given that Ricky is only a two and a half years older than Chad, it's crazy how long he (sorry for the word) drug it out.

|

3/25/2020 4:35 AM

Adam43 wrote:

GuyB wrote:

If I was going to guess? He has a bunch of car Lamborghini races coming up. Doing those, and then going back to finish up SX might not be in the cards.

He wont be doing those either...

|

If the glass is half full it's twice as big as it needs to be.

3/25/2020 5:56 AM

Would be cool to see him raffle them off or donate them to someone in need rather than “sell” them or better yet why not just keep them. Always puzzled me that a pro retires and sells off everything then when they find riding fun again they expect someone (old sponsors) to give them fresh stuff...

|

3/25/2020 6:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2020 6:03 AM

Didn't he say that he wants to race Daytona again in the future?

Can definitely see him doing an Aussie race when schedule would allow as well... Money always makes the monkey dance wink nah, Chad does it cause he loves it. I'd bet we haven't seen the last of CR22 on 2 wheels; whether it be Daytona, Oz, or some kind of one-off event

|

3/25/2020 6:17 AM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

Anyone know how much?

I bet 20k plus

|

3/25/2020 6:26 AM

brocster wrote:

Would be cool to see him raffle them off or donate them to someone in need rather than “sell” them or better yet why not just keep them. Always puzzled me that a pro retires and sells off everything then when they find riding fun again they expect someone (old sponsors) to give them fresh stuff...

I would think the money would be going to the sponsors, (I imagine Mountain Motorsports owns the bikes, not Chad) and he is just using his platform to get the most eyes on it to get top dollar for them since they are losing out.

|

3/25/2020 6:46 AM

If you had the extra spending money, I'd verify the vin# to the bike raced at Daytona and buy It. It could be the last bike raced by one of the sports true legends...

|

3/25/2020 6:57 AM

slipdog wrote:

If you had the extra spending money, I'd verify the vin# to the bike raced at Daytona and buy It. It could be the last bike raced by one of the sports true legends...

Appreciating asset that one.
Keep it in the man cave while it appreciates....

|

3/25/2020 8:15 AM

brocster wrote:

davis224 wrote:

I would think the money would be going to the sponsors, (I imagine Mountain Motorsports owns the bikes, not Chad) and he is just using his platform to get the most eyes on it to get top dollar for them since they are losing out.

X2, and if ya want the bike , buy it. It shdnt be given away.

|

3/25/2020 8:32 AM

Tony Alessi with the deal of the day (sorry Chad), selling a CRF with new crate motor, suspension, wheels $7500.

|

3/25/2020 10:12 AM

seth505 wrote:

Tony Alessi with the deal of the day (sorry Chad), selling a CRF with new crate motor, suspension, wheels $7500.

Link?

|

3/25/2020 10:14 AM

Bummer way to put the stamp on his career....

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.