Chad Reed's Kid

Edited Date/Time 1/7/2014 2:53pm
Anyone else get an uneasy feeling seeing all the profile Chad is giving his little kid. I have NEVER seen that end well. You dont want stuff like that going to the head of a 3 year old. It MATTERS in the long run.
|
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/7/2014 10:28am
No.

The Shop

DavidR
1/7/2014 10:41am
Jealous much? I see a father who appears to love spending time with his son and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure his son would be much better off staying home and only seeing his dad once in a while though.
Chappy 651
1/7/2014 10:43am
you must not have a kid to know how freakin awesome that would be to do with your son
huck
1/7/2014 10:44am
Who wouldn't want their son to have a little fun? It's not like he put him in a Honey Boo Boo show...
peelout
1/7/2014 10:49am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2014 10:49am
all i could think of when seeing it all is, "damn, that would be a cool experience growing up around that atmosphere with your dad, one of the best ever in the world"

guess i'm not a bitter and jealous fucktard like some of the crusty bitches on Vital.

get over yourself for fukksakes
1/7/2014 10:59am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2014 11:11am
LOL....it is no different than some celeb taking his / her kids to premieres and publicizing them. It has nothing to do with 'jealously'. I have friends with means who specifically choose to live a lifestyle far far below their means (they once owned their own jet before they had kids) specifically to shelter their kids from the sense of entitlement that sort of lifestyle brings. In other words...they went out of their way to not let their kids know how well off they are. It can be poison. Why do you think so many super successful people start dirt poor. Not all of course...but many...

I find the responses here interesting....ie everyone accusing me of being jealous...which says more about you than me. My question was more along the lines of a sincere interest in the way people develop..based on what I have seen in my life.

Some very good friends of my parents owned a ski resort where I grew up. They had two kids, similar ages to me and my sister. One turned out GREAT. The other is a night mare. Drug addicted...self entitled..just a horrible person...and the genesis of that child's behavior was apparent at a VERY young age from being spoiled by the situation and the high profile at a young age. That stuff matters. It has just been my experience that the more profile and ego building put on a kid at a young age...the more likely it is to blow up.... Of course I know Nothing about 99.999% of Chad's kids life...so I could be jumping to conclusions there...which would be a valid criticism of my comments.
RedRum666
1/7/2014 10:59am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2014 11:18am
As a dad, I think the openening ceremonies piece would be a blast for any kid..probably scared the kid a little with all that noise, but he is used to it by now I am sure.... I remember a SX race last year, seeing little Tate cruising through the pits on his bike and people were screaming his name like he was Ozzy Osbourne..kind of felt bad because he is just a little grom and he looked frightened almost..thats a lot to take in I would think.....But im in no place to tell 22 what to do with his kid.....its great to see father and son having fun together....
HOPSTOOPID
1/7/2014 11:10am
Chad isn't forcing his son into any of this, his kid loves it.

Tate overload? Stop following Chad on social media. Done.

Is it Saturday yet?
Lucifa.
1/7/2014 11:22am
None of our business what Chad does with his kid. Move along please.
mccread
1/7/2014 11:23am
I think it's cool. Everts took Liam everywhere when he was racing too.
Big Lenny
1/7/2014 11:28am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2014 11:30am
Any man in that position would be proud of his kid I'll bet Chad was misty eyed at one point...and for Tate to pull it off shows the kid will build confidence as he grows...
1/7/2014 11:29am
No. Especially teaching them that it comes from working.....and Reeds have earned it.

Plus as they get older it's better than the alternative of running around with the local punks and getting into trouble possibly.

They'll be fine parents.
DavidR
1/7/2014 11:29am
LOL....it is no different than some celeb taking his / her kids to premieres and publicizing them. It has nothing to do with 'jealously'. I have...
LOL....it is no different than some celeb taking his / her kids to premieres and publicizing them. It has nothing to do with 'jealously'. I have friends with means who specifically choose to live a lifestyle far far below their means (they once owned their own jet before they had kids) specifically to shelter their kids from the sense of entitlement that sort of lifestyle brings. In other words...they went out of their way to not let their kids know how well off they are. It can be poison. Why do you think so many super successful people start dirt poor. Not all of course...but many...

I find the responses here interesting....ie everyone accusing me of being jealous...which says more about you than me. My question was more along the lines of a sincere interest in the way people develop..based on what I have seen in my life.

Some very good friends of my parents owned a ski resort where I grew up. They had two kids, similar ages to me and my sister. One turned out GREAT. The other is a night mare. Drug addicted...self entitled..just a horrible person...and the genesis of that child's behavior was apparent at a VERY young age from being spoiled by the situation and the high profile at a young age. That stuff matters. It has just been my experience that the more profile and ego building put on a kid at a young age...the more likely it is to blow up.... Of course I know Nothing about 99.999% of Chad's kids life...so I could be jumping to conclusions there...which would be a valid criticism of my comments.
Your exhaustive research, which includes very good friends of your parents, has found that 1 out of 2 children of families who own ski resorts turns out to be drug addicts and horrible people. Seems like you've got some solid research there to back up your conclusion, well done.
jonesaustin
1/7/2014 11:30am
the only way these guys think it's a "jealousy" issue is because they saw having family and kids as a competition in the first place! i'm loling at you guys calling him out as being jealous. what jokes! kids are awesome, family is awesome, but yeah i'm a little tired of the tate thing myself. sooooooory dads =)
SEE ARE125
1/7/2014 11:38am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2014 11:39am
I agree with the OP. Tate's at the very beginning of a downward spiral. It starts innocent enough with SX intros on your PW50 with your dad, then next thing you know he's stealing tablecloths and using them as capes while pretending to be Batman.
hvaughn88
1/7/2014 11:42am
I have a 6 year old and a 1 year old and I can tell you that kids in that age range just wanna kick it with dad. Tate's around 3 or 4, right? I really doubt it's anything more to him than just having a good time with dad. And as far people getting tired of it...I don't think it's been forced down anyone's throat. Don't like it, then keep scrolling past his twitter feed, or scroll past this thread, or just get over it and appreciate that chad is actually spending time with his kid, not forgetting their names like Antonia Cromartie (Jets Wide Receiver).
munsch121
1/7/2014 11:42am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2014 11:44am
Anyone else get an uneasy feeling seeing all the profile Chad is giving his little kid. I have NEVER seen that end well. You dont want...
Anyone else get an uneasy feeling seeing all the profile Chad is giving his little kid. I have NEVER seen that end well. You dont want stuff like that going to the head of a 3 year old. It MATTERS in the long run.
Do you have kids ? anyone who has kids dreams about walking through the spotlight doing what they love with their kid....if you don't, you should have never had any. For every kid who ends up with ego issues from this type of stuff, there are hundreds who turn out to be great kids.
1/7/2014 11:44am
When you grow up around it, it's normal and it's usually those people that are more humble. It's like people that grew up with money vs. the 30 somethings that made it big late in life.
Darryl916
1/7/2014 11:45am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2014 12:38pm
Typical douchebag Vital comments here on a totally constructive adult conversation.

At first glance it does seem like that could be a little much to put a 3yo thru that can't possibly fully understand what's going on. Who also hasn't done anything to earn that type of attention besides mistake of birth. He may be turning over desks in 2nd grade saying F this math shit and tell the teacher "bish I had 100,000 fans when I was 3, I don't need this education crap".

Every child and person is different though. He could turn out just fine. As a dad of an 11yo son myself who I kinda spoiled early on with dirbikes and stuff I feel it's best to provide basic tools and let them develop on their own. Money, fame, and all that is the root of a lot of evil in life. I'm not sure I'd wanna "expose" my child to that so early on.
Holigan
1/7/2014 11:50am
As a father of three, I thought it was cool.
Darryl916
1/7/2014 11:50am
Anyone else get an uneasy feeling seeing all the profile Chad is giving his little kid. I have NEVER seen that end well. You dont want...
munsch121 wrote:
Do you have kids ? anyone who has kids dreams about walking through the spotlight doing what they love with their kid....if you don't, you should...
Do you have kids ? anyone who has kids dreams about walking through the spotlight doing what they love with their kid....if you don't, you should have never had any. For every kid who ends up with ego issues from this type of stuff, there are hundreds who turn out to be great kids.
Everything that would be cool as hell to do with your kids isn't automatucally good for them though. Did I think it was cool as hell for Tate to roll out in front of all those people and have that experiance, HELL YES, becasue he's not my kid and it doesn't effect me how he turns out. If it were my kid I'd think a little more into it though I'm sure.
MT MX
1/7/2014 11:53am
Don't really mean to interrupt the shit-show going on because of your post, but.................
I can see your point, but I think Chad is just being truthful though. I think his whole persona these days is that TwoTwo is his life and his family, and he just wants his family to be included in anything he does.
I've never really been a huge fan of Reedy, but never really hated him either. I've grown to understand him I think a little bit better and how some of the things in his career effected how he was portrayed. His career is winding down, he knows it, and he's making a smart decision (like Kdub did) to just enjoy what's left it and take it for what it is.
When's his stupid fuggin book coming out?

Post a reply to: Chad Reed's Kid

The Latest