Chad Reed to contest the Ironman National with the Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team

8/24/2018 10:31pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/24/282587/s1200_39067218_1497274217041517_6249089630843437056_n.jpg[/img]
Now he's back on the bike's where he started his pro career
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
8/24/2018 11:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/24/2018 11:19pm
*Mid '99, club day at Cessnock (Keith Allen Park) on his clapped-out Silkolene RM250 practice bike.
Jono Porter was there on his M&M CR125 too, he was such a friendly dude. Ride In Peace JP.

I've got footage of Chad from riding 60's and 80's, Junior 125's at Cessnock and Lakes on his RM125 wearing that RAM gear or whatever it was... I've gotta pull my finger out and get this stuff uploaded.

mxgoon
8/24/2018 11:18pm Edited Date/Time 8/24/2018 11:19pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
*Mid '99, club day at Cessnock (Keith Allen Park) on his clapped-out Silkolene RM250 practice bike. Jono Porter was there on his M&M CR125 too, he...
*Mid '99, club day at Cessnock (Keith Allen Park) on his clapped-out Silkolene RM250 practice bike.
Jono Porter was there on his M&M CR125 too, he was such a friendly dude. Ride In Peace JP.

I've got footage of Chad from riding 60's and 80's, Junior 125's at Cessnock and Lakes on his RM125 wearing that RAM gear or whatever it was... I've gotta pull my finger out and get this stuff uploaded.

First time I saw him race was 99 on those RMs at the King Of The Mountain Classic at Mount Kembla. Dont think he won that day but there was something about him. I couldn't take my eyes of this young 16 or 17 year old kid who was racing the big boys in the 250 class as a rookie.

I've watched every race he's raced since that day.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
8/24/2018 11:25pm
mxgoon wrote:
First time I saw him race was 99 on those RMs at the King Of The Mountain Classic at Mount Kembla. Dont think he won that...
First time I saw him race was 99 on those RMs at the King Of The Mountain Classic at Mount Kembla. Dont think he won that day but there was something about him. I couldn't take my eyes of this young 16 or 17 year old kid who was racing the big boys in the 250 class as a rookie.

The crazy thing is, and me and my best mate talk about this often, we wondered what it would be like to watch a McGrath or any one of the top American riders at our local tracks... We were watching it every weekend! He was one of the boys back then too, shit van, no flash, turning up to club days on off weekends and just letting everyone go for half a lap. Anderson would do the same, I've got footage of him on his WMW CR80, Castrol KTM 620, they were good times to live around here.

The Shop

mxgoon
8/24/2018 11:31pm
mxgoon wrote:
First time I saw him race was 99 on those RMs at the King Of The Mountain Classic at Mount Kembla. Dont think he won that...

EZZA 95B wrote:
The crazy thing is, and me and my best mate talk about this often, we wondered what it would be like to watch a McGrath or...
The crazy thing is, and me and my best mate talk about this often, we wondered what it would be like to watch a McGrath or any one of the top American riders at our local tracks... We were watching it every weekend! He was one of the boys back then too, shit van, no flash, turning up to club days on off weekends and just letting everyone go for half a lap. Anderson would do the same, I've got footage of him on his WMW CR80, Castrol KTM 620, they were good times to live around here.
Oh those WMWCR80s......

I use to drool over those things as a kid.
Dougy1
8/24/2018 11:59pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
*Mid '99, club day at Cessnock (Keith Allen Park) on his clapped-out Silkolene RM250 practice bike. Jono Porter was there on his M&M CR125 too, he...

Yeh bro upload that shit
make1go
8/25/2018 2:19am
Ewan49 wrote:
Let me guess....you find that line interesting because you think he has used those words so he has an excuse if he doesn't do any good...
Let me guess....you find that line interesting because you think he has used those words so he has an excuse if he doesn't do any good on the weekend...am I close?
Just in case I am close....there is nothing interesting about that line at all. The guy had a plan in place to be at his best fitness in six weeks time and not at his peak this weekend. He is merely stating a fact. Chad does not need to use his fitness, or lack of preferred race fitness as an excuse if things don't go as well as he plans this weekend. Sure if it goes that way this weekend he may well say my fitness wasn't there but not in the sense of using it as an excuse, merely just stating a fact.
Haters will say he is using that as an excuse....real mx fans will know otherwise!
not just haters, complete and utter fckwits, who for the most part never won a race ever or never even had the guts to race in the first place.....

your post is one out of the box here, an inteligent one..
davis224
Fantasy
138th
8/25/2018 3:54am
His chances at doing good went up... going to be a slop fest today most likely
swtwtwtw
8/25/2018 12:45pm
swtwtwtw wrote:
I bet he wants to show Australia that they ought to have chosen him for MXDN team. I say he finishes top 6 both motos.
Do it again!
Dougy1
8/25/2018 12:53pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2018 12:54pm
davis224 wrote:
His chances at doing good went up... going to be a slop fest today most likely
Can he podium now
BobKerr
8/25/2018 2:48pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2018 2:49pm
WOW!!! That was an impressive performance by Chad!

I hope JGR is considering hiring him for SX in 2019.
cbuehler767
8/25/2018 2:55pm
BobKerr wrote:

Yes it was. I didn't expect much from him and like any legend does he showed me I don't know shit LoL
Deja New
8/25/2018 3:02pm
mxgoon wrote:

EZZA 95B wrote:
The crazy thing is, and me and my best mate talk about this often, we wondered what it would be like to watch a McGrath or...
mxgoon wrote:
Oh those WMWCR80s......

I use to drool over those things as a kid.
I had a woodies cr80 we traded it on a stock rm80 in 89 as the rm was better. Woodie put an answer roost boost on a Honda 80 and painted the stock pipe white all did nothing the suspension was done whole thing cost a mint and wasn’t really any good. Was my last Honda before a long rung of Suzuki’s that’s still going almost 30 years later.
Deja New
8/25/2018 3:03pm
BobKerr wrote:

He did awesome first ride back outdoors. I’d love to see him on that bike for SX too.
motogrady
8/25/2018 4:34pm

Think about how many RMZs the guy will sell, with this showing, for Zook in the next few weeks.
PJRAUS
8/25/2018 4:58pm
Well he backed up his claim...well done!
All I can say is how much better it would have been if he had not run his mouth on team Australia, instead just wished them well, then went out and got this good result.
Hope he gets a ride and has a good year in 2019.
I'm not a fan anymore though..
mxgoon
8/25/2018 5:16pm
PJRAUS wrote:
Well he backed up his claim...well done! All I can say is how much better it would have been if he had not run his mouth...
All I can say is how much better it would have been if he had not run his mouth on team Australia, instead just wished them well, then went out and got this good result.
Run his mouth?
There's a difference between at 36 saying I think I can still beat those guys and saying those guys are shit I should have been picked.
If your heating on the guy for believing in himself then that says more about you than it does about him.
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
8/25/2018 5:40pm
PJRAUS wrote:
Well he backed up his claim...well done! All I can say is how much better it would have been if he had not run his mouth...

i always get a chuckle when internet shit talkers feel the need to tell everyone they're no longer fans Laughing
MJC
8/25/2018 6:23pm
PJRAUS wrote:
mxgoon wrote:
Run his mouth? There's a difference between at 36 saying I think I can still beat those guys and saying those guys are shit I should...
Run his mouth?
There's a difference between at 36 saying I think I can still beat those guys and saying those guys are shit I should have been picked.
If your heating on the guy for believing in himself then that says more about you than it does about him.
Yeah actually read what his Instagram post said! It wasn’t that bloody bad
mxgoon
8/25/2018 6:26pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2018 6:35pm
PJRAUS wrote:
mxgoon wrote:
Run his mouth? There's a difference between at 36 saying I think I can still beat those guys and saying those guys are shit I should...
Run his mouth?
MJC wrote:
And he ain't backing down an inch. Lol

PULPCAST

Dougy1
8/25/2018 6:33pm
PJRAUS wrote:
Stoop wrote:

i always get a chuckle when internet shit talkers feel the need to tell everyone they're no longer fans Laughing
He has been dribbling nonsense for days now.. Lol
Ewan49
8/25/2018 7:36pm
mxgoon wrote:
Run his mouth?
MJC wrote:
mxgoon wrote:

PULPCAST

And nor should he back down regardless of what went down this weekend, but especially he shouldn't back down after his performance today!
mxgoon
8/25/2018 8:14pm
MJC wrote:
mxgoon wrote:

PULPCAST

Ewan49 wrote:
And nor should he back down regardless of what went down this weekend, but especially he shouldn't back down after his performance today!
It's over when he fuckin says it's over! Lol
bama205
8/25/2018 8:37pm
Lapped in the first moto, DNS/DNF second moto. Toss coin between fitness or bike to take the blame. Fitness is odds on now he's already making...
Lapped in the first moto, DNS/DNF second moto. Toss coin between fitness or bike to take the blame. Fitness is odds on now he's already making excuses. Here comes the pain!
Say again?
make1go
8/25/2018 8:41pm
suprise supprise eat shit and die..
he just slapped thousands of mouths shut and threw egg on their faces.
awsome result for him and fans of the sport..

at least a few have shown they are strong enough to own their
slagging...

fan for life
SoCalMX70
8/25/2018 8:58pm
I'd say there's a lot of people here who should be eating crow... Some should EAD.
AZ35
Fantasy
550th
8/25/2018 9:32pm
swtwtwtw wrote:
I bet he wants to show Australia that they ought to have chosen him for MXDN team. I say he finishes top 6 both motos.
swtwtwtw wrote:
Do it again!
You called it, congrats on a great prediction!

It was fantastic to see him out there, and even better to see him running in the top 5-10 as an underdog. Never count him out....

Post a reply to: Chad Reed to contest the Ironman National with the Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team

The Latest