Chad Reed to contest the Ironman National with the Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team

usafwx
8/23/2018 8:10am
brocster wrote:
And so are the anti Chad guys in positve thread about Chad Reed. If you don’t like him just stay away. WGAF about where he finishes...
And so are the anti Chad guys in positve thread about Chad Reed. If you don’t like him just stay away. WGAF about where he finishes. No one expects him to show up at the last national and win. So yeah 5 to 15 is realistic what else would you expect??? Its not hurting a damn thing him being out there...Let it be

Steakhead
8/23/2018 11:33am
So I might be dumb for asking, but I’ve heard there’s something between him at Scott goggles. What’s the beef or past drama going along with...
So I might be dumb for asking, but I’ve heard there’s something between him at Scott goggles. What’s the beef or past drama going along with that?
JGR Team Deal with Scott, Chad has a personal deal with Oakley. From what pictures have been released it looks like he's running Scott on the...
JGR Team Deal with Scott, Chad has a personal deal with Oakley.

From what pictures have been released it looks like he's running Scott on the bikes graphics and Oakley goggles.

Glad to see two brands come together to get a bike on the track.
I would be willing to bet he is in SCOTT Goggles on Saturday. No beef there O just paid more $$$$
three9zero
8/23/2018 11:40am
three9zero wrote:
I think some of you are underestimating Chad. Other than Marvin, Eli, Barcia, Ken, or Blake,, who is has the resume to beat him ?
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Anderson is going pretty good.
Forgot about him, 4-dnf last weekend what happened ?
three9zero
8/23/2018 11:43am
three9zero wrote:
I think some of you are underestimating Chad. Other than Marvin, Eli, Barcia, Ken, or Blake,, who is has the resume to beat him ?
The resume to beat him? 2011 was a long time ago. Anderson Peick Bloss Nicoletti of the top of my head will beat him
Anderson yes, the rest no. I could be wrong...always fun to bench race about it.

The Shop

SoCalMX70
8/23/2018 11:48am
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Reed is still fast outdoors...

And with the field the way it is I think he will have a very good first moto. Fitness will play a part in the second Moto, but definitely not going to DNS/DNF because of it. He will finish barring any unforeseen circumstances.

6-12 finishes
Donovan759
8/23/2018 11:56am
Reed is going to make it a point to back his words about not being picked for MXdN. The man has 2 motos to prove a point. He has to go fast for one day. I'd put my money on the fact that he lands in the top 10 for the day.
ga_pike
8/23/2018 12:12pm
ga_pike wrote:
Interesting the line about "wasn't planning on being in race shape for 6 weeks..."
Ewan49 wrote:
Let me guess....you find that line interesting because you think he has used those words so he has an excuse if he doesn't do any good...
Let me guess....you find that line interesting because you think he has used those words so he has an excuse if he doesn't do any good on the weekend...am I close?
Just in case I am close....there is nothing interesting about that line at all. The guy had a plan in place to be at his best fitness in six weeks time and not at his peak this weekend. He is merely stating a fact. Chad does not need to use his fitness, or lack of preferred race fitness as an excuse if things don't go as well as he plans this weekend. Sure if it goes that way this weekend he may well say my fitness wasn't there but not in the sense of using it as an excuse, merely just stating a fact.
Haters will say he is using that as an excuse....real mx fans will know otherwise!
Actually you're completely wrong about my intention and you can keep your sarcasm to yourself.

I was actually referring to my personal thinking that he was planning on being ready for a certain event that's about 6 weeks away and his desired to compete in said event. Then, in my brain somewhere, I sorta felt like he still has a reason to believe there might be a chance he gets to suit up for said event. Thus, he now has an opportunity to race this weekend and while it may not have been the original plan, he is going for it anyways.

I wonder if at the time of the interview, he was aware that Ronnie Mac wouldn't be in for PR and perhaps they had reached out to him to gauge his interest? Or he simply could have been referring to his desire to compete for Team Aus.
TeamGreen
8/23/2018 12:27pm
I hope the time off the bike has allowed him to FINALLY heal. I remember during Supercross season...the dude could hardly walk by the end of the night..
But, he was still out there.
I really like that. The dude ain’t a quitter.

I’m thinking he’s in the top 10 of both Motos. I expect him to start out each Moto REALLY FAST & he’ll probably take a good whoopin from that track...
It’s brutal!
It’s a real Rut-Fest.
The competition ain’t slow.
But, I suspect Chad will do pretty damn well and he’ll REALLY enjoy simply showing up with his gear & jumping on a Factory Bike...again.
I’ll bet he be smiling no matter how he does.
Good luck, Chad!
(If you “Top 5” the day...there’ll be another Big Case of Goose in it for ya)
Manny
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
8/23/2018 12:45pm
It'll be neat to see him on a Zuk again
Payup_199
8/23/2018 12:51pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2018 12:52pm
three9zero wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
three9zero wrote:
4-DNS* He decided not to race 2nd moto, not in race shape. killed a lot of our PulpMX fantasy scores!
three9zero
8/23/2018 4:24pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
three9zero wrote:
Payup_199 wrote:
4-DNS* He decided not to race 2nd moto, not in race shape. killed a lot of our PulpMX fantasy scores!
thanks for the 411. Jason is a great rider, sucked to see him and Dean get taken out at GH.
jemcee
8/23/2018 6:11pm
Donovan759 wrote:
Reed is going to make it a point to back his words about not being picked for MXdN. The man has 2 motos to prove a...
Reed is going to make it a point to back his words about not being picked for MXdN. The man has 2 motos to prove a point. He has to go fast for one day. I'd put my money on the fact that he lands in the top 10 for the day.
I really hope he does back up his words and I hope he's hauling.. I'm assuming that ego (good thing) can push the fitness a few extra laps haha.. Then hopefully he can replace Gibbs as team leader and go out of outdoors the way he wants and deserves..
(I do kinda wish Evans and Gibbs were there though, to really see what's what haha)
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
8/23/2018 7:07pm
PJRAUS wrote:
I hope Chad does well so he doesn't look like a complete tosser for saying he can beat anyone on our mxon team,based on his present...
I hope Chad does well so he doesn't look like a complete tosser for saying he can beat anyone on our mxon team,based on his present practise form ( well he does look like a tosser for saying that at all)
I wonder what people think ...how do you think Kirk Gibbs and Mitch Evans would go at Iron man in the 450 class?

How do you think Hunter Lawrence would go in the 250 class? Chad just stated that he's faster than all of them..
Remember when Ferris was coming to race that national last year? Most Americans here thought he wouldn't bust the top 10..he proved otherwise and Gibbs and Evans are his main rivals here...

Does Chad back up his statement by going top 10 overall, or does he need to finish higher to convince us he's faster than the others?
mxgoon wrote:
Doesn't need to convince me of shit. I already know that if he's fit and able he's the better option. Not all of Aussie moto fans...
Doesn't need to convince me of shit. I already know that if he's fit and able he's the better option.

Not all of Aussie moto fans are shitting on a guy that put us on the map.
jemcee wrote:
Well I don't think that's true.. So if he's fit and able he's instantly a better option than Gibbs and Evans? Dunno what evidence you're relying...
Well I don't think that's true.. So if he's fit and able he's instantly a better option than Gibbs and Evans?
Dunno what evidence you're relying on there. Maybe he is but what are you going on?

Just because I'm not accepting everything he says as truth doesn't mean I'm shitting on him.. I was happy if he was to get his final des nations, but then he started spruiking about how much he deserved it and how he could beat the guys chosen while not doing any races or showing any video of him riding. Then having a go at Byrner and shit! Just rubbed me the wrong way. Given all his recent outdoor results and effort at past des nations (the Latvia interview is still ringing in my ears) I can't believe he expected to just get the nod..
As I've said I'm still a fan and can still see him (hopefully) gettin podiums in SX next year.
So where’s the evidence Evans and Gibbs can beat Reed, is it Evans couple of super poles and no wins or Gibbs coming 12th in the Aussie series ?

Reeds raced the best of the best for 15 years, if he says he will be fit and ready well that all the evidence I need.
motogrady
8/23/2018 7:30pm
mxgoon wrote:
Doesn't need to convince me of shit. I already know that if he's fit and able he's the better option. Not all of Aussie moto fans...
Doesn't need to convince me of shit. I already know that if he's fit and able he's the better option.

Not all of Aussie moto fans are shitting on a guy that put us on the map.
jemcee wrote:
Well I don't think that's true.. So if he's fit and able he's instantly a better option than Gibbs and Evans? Dunno what evidence you're relying...
Well I don't think that's true.. So if he's fit and able he's instantly a better option than Gibbs and Evans?
Dunno what evidence you're relying on there. Maybe he is but what are you going on?

Just because I'm not accepting everything he says as truth doesn't mean I'm shitting on him.. I was happy if he was to get his final des nations, but then he started spruiking about how much he deserved it and how he could beat the guys chosen while not doing any races or showing any video of him riding. Then having a go at Byrner and shit! Just rubbed me the wrong way. Given all his recent outdoor results and effort at past des nations (the Latvia interview is still ringing in my ears) I can't believe he expected to just get the nod..
As I've said I'm still a fan and can still see him (hopefully) gettin podiums in SX next year.
Stoop wrote:
So where’s the evidence Evans and Gibbs can beat Reed, is it Evans couple of super poles and no wins or Gibbs coming 12th in the...
So where’s the evidence Evans and Gibbs can beat Reed, is it Evans couple of super poles and no wins or Gibbs coming 12th in the Aussie series ?

Reeds raced the best of the best for 15 years, if he says he will be fit and ready well that all the evidence I need.

Talk is cheap. It's countless the times guys have said whatever just to get a ride.
But when a guy shows up lean, like Reed has looked these past few weeks, that means something imo.

Plus, don't forget, he's not having to run everything. He should be mentally well rested.
I have a feeling the guy is gonna do pretty good,
jemcee
8/23/2018 7:58pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2018 8:00pm
Stoop wrote:
So where’s the evidence Evans and Gibbs can beat Reed, is it Evans couple of super poles and no wins or Gibbs coming 12th in the...

There isn't any but they also didn't say they could (Edit should mention there's a tonne more recent evidence of their outdoor credentials than Reed's).. You seem to have not seen any Aussie rounds or know anything about it, that's cool but those things you mentioned don't tell half the story.. Super poles meaning he was faster than Dean Ferris around a MX track! No wins cause he was racing Dean Ferris same Dean Ferris that Reed said he himself couldn't beat.. Gibbs got 12th after an injury that took him out of a few rounds..
Yep Reed has raced the best and says those things but he hasn't raced outdoors in years and went terrible when he did Evans is 20 years old and hauling and Gibbs has shown he has world class speed..

Again I feel I need to mention I'm a Reed fan just don't believe in talking shit
mxgoon
8/23/2018 8:46pm
Stoop wrote:

jemcee wrote:
There isn't any but they also didn't say they could (Edit should mention there's a tonne more recent evidence of their outdoor credentials than Reed's).. You...
There isn't any but they also didn't say they could (Edit should mention there's a tonne more recent evidence of their outdoor credentials than Reed's).. You seem to have not seen any Aussie rounds or know anything about it, that's cool but those things you mentioned don't tell half the story.. Super poles meaning he was faster than Dean Ferris around a MX track! No wins cause he was racing Dean Ferris same Dean Ferris that Reed said he himself couldn't beat.. Gibbs got 12th after an injury that took him out of a few rounds..
Yep Reed has raced the best and says those things but he hasn't raced outdoors in years and went terrible when he did Evans is 20 years old and hauling and Gibbs has shown he has world class speed..

Again I feel I need to mention I'm a Reed fan just don't believe in talking shit
I love the passion some of you guys are showing to the Aussie MX series but truth be told it's like comparing the NBA and NBL. Its just not the same thing.

I've been to enough Ama nationals to know that that shit is on a different level and Reeds been there done that.

That and his obvious improvement in his fitness since May tells me all I need to know.
jemcee
8/23/2018 9:16pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2018 9:17pm
mxgoon wrote:
I love the passion some of you guys are showing to the Aussie MX series but truth be told it's like comparing the NBA and NBL...
I love the passion some of you guys are showing to the Aussie MX series but truth be told it's like comparing the NBA and NBL. Its just not the same thing.

I've been to enough Ama nationals to know that that shit is on a different level and Reeds been there done that.

That and his obvious improvement in his fitness since May tells me all I need to know.
Oh really it's a different level? I wasn't aware of that thanks for letting me know haha but I'd say comparing them to Ferris' obvious world class speed this year, is better than just goin oh well he's skinny and says he can and he did 3 years ago so that's good enough yeah?
Now I love me some Chad Reed but I also know he has a way of inflating his own confidence (It's helped make him a champion so there's no 'hate' from me there)..
I've never said Reed couldn't be or isn't faster just that I need more to go on than just his word especially if I was picking the des nations team! As I said though I hope he is hauling and I hope he does prove his point and if he is I'll have no issue him replacing Gibbs as team leader.. I guess we'll see
Ewan49
8/23/2018 9:16pm
Stoop wrote:

jemcee wrote:
There isn't any but they also didn't say they could (Edit should mention there's a tonne more recent evidence of their outdoor credentials than Reed's).. You...

mxgoon wrote:
I love the passion some of you guys are showing to the Aussie MX series but truth be told it's like comparing the NBA and NBL...

mxgoon I agree with everything you said in your post. And I think Chad should have been the first one picked on the team! But I believe Chad's current speed, fitness, preparation and all that stuff had nothing to do with him not being selected on the team. Even if he was racing all of the outdoor series, was challenging for wins every weekend and showing everybody he was the fastest Aussie around anywhere, I strongly believe he still would not have been selected on the team. Certain people did not want Chad on the team this year regardless of anything. Sad but true! Chad never stood a chance!
Crush
8/23/2018 9:42pm
The NBL/NBA thing is probably valid, but even more so than that, stage fright is a thing.

Doing it over there is waaaay harder not just because of the level, but because you're in the big show. It's the same as going pro, moving up, whatever. Pressure's on, and it affects people, not easy to achieve their best in those situations.
mxgoon
8/23/2018 10:02pm
I'm with ya.
As big a Reed fan as I am I'm well aware of the reasons some Aussies would not want him on the team and truth be told his last MXDN performance still stings but then I remember when he won a motor and took us to the podium.
mxgoon
8/23/2018 11:34pm
mxgoon wrote:

jemcee wrote:
Oh really it's a different level? I wasn't aware of that thanks for letting me know haha but I'd say comparing them to Ferris' obvious world...
Oh really it's a different level? I wasn't aware of that thanks for letting me know haha but I'd say comparing them to Ferris' obvious world class speed this year, is better than just goin oh well he's skinny and says he can and he did 3 years ago so that's good enough yeah?
Now I love me some Chad Reed but I also know he has a way of inflating his own confidence (It's helped make him a champion so there's no 'hate' from me there)..
I've never said Reed couldn't be or isn't faster just that I need more to go on than just his word especially if I was picking the des nations team! As I said though I hope he is hauling and I hope he does prove his point and if he is I'll have no issue him replacing Gibbs as team leader.. I guess we'll see
No probs mate glad I could help.

Since we both agree there is a big difference between the two how can you use Ferris who has only been racing here against local competition for the last two seasons (on concrete freeways we call tracks here I might add) as the bench mark and no offense to Ferris but what has he done on the world stage that tells me he should be the bench mark?
Has he won a GP? AMA sx or Mx? Des nations moto?
I dont know much about Evans except he is over 200 points behind Ferris for the title and Gibbs has been injured just like Reed.
It was only 18mnths ago Reedy smoked em all at AusSx and yeah I know it supercross but he's won titles I'm both disciplines so that dont mean shit.

You dont like the fact Reed claimed he can beat Evan's and Gibbs? Fair enough but that's the difference between someone who has been at the top of the sport for 15 years and someone who would never make it out of Australia. Champions mentality. Fuck i would back a fit and motivated Reed over Ferris every day and twice on Sundays and Ferris isn't even in the discussion.

I hope he goes well this weekend too. From all reports his times this week have been comparable to Weston and Hill at the JGR track and wasn't far off Rocsen on Wednesday. Should be fun to watch.
BobbyM
8/23/2018 11:41pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I hope the time off the bike has allowed him to FINALLY heal. I remember during Supercross season...the dude could hardly walk by the end of...
I hope the time off the bike has allowed him to FINALLY heal. I remember during Supercross season...the dude could hardly walk by the end of the night..
But, he was still out there.
I really like that. The dude ain’t a quitter.

I’m thinking he’s in the top 10 of both Motos. I expect him to start out each Moto REALLY FAST & he’ll probably take a good whoopin from that track...
It’s brutal!
It’s a real Rut-Fest.
The competition ain’t slow.
But, I suspect Chad will do pretty damn well and he’ll REALLY enjoy simply showing up with his gear & jumping on a Factory Bike...again.
I’ll bet he be smiling no matter how he does.
Good luck, Chad!
(If you “Top 5” the day...there’ll be another Big Case of Goose in it for ya)
Manny
Holeshot 1 of 2 motos.
Ewan49
8/24/2018 12:52am
19 - DNS
I don't agree with your 19th in 1st moto, but I have to ask why do you think a DNS in 2nd moto?
jemcee
8/24/2018 12:56am
mxgoon wrote:
No probs mate glad I could help. Since we both agree there is a big difference between the two how can you use Ferris who has...

Since we both agree there is a big difference between the two how can you use Ferris who has only been racing here against local competition for the last two seasons (on concrete freeways we call tracks here I might add) as the bench mark and no offense to Ferris but what has he done on the world stage that tells me he should be the bench mark?
I dont know much about Evans except he is over 200 points behind Ferris for the title and Gibbs has been injured just like Reed.
It was only 18mnths ago Reedy smoked em all at AusSx and yeah I know it supercross but he's won titles I'm both disciplines so that dont mean shit.

You dont like the fact Reed claimed he can beat Evan's and Gibbs? Fair enough but that's the difference between someone who has been at the top of the sport for 15 years and someone who would never make it out of Australia. Champions mentality. Fuck i would back a fit and motivated Reed over Ferris every day and twice on Sundays and Ferris isn't even in the discussion.

I hope he goes well this weekend too. From all reports his times this week have been comparable to Weston and Hill at the JGR track and wasn't far off Rocsen on Wednesday. Should be fun to watch.
hahaha Well you certainly seem to know what you're talking about.. Ya might've missed High Point last year where Ferris went over in an off week got 3rd fastest lap time in qualifying and beat everyone but Baggett in the first moto..

Well Reed wouldn't back himself over Ferris. He said so

From all reports? you mean from that one guy? or is there other reports
mxgoon
8/24/2018 2:46am
mxgoon wrote:
No probs mate glad I could help. Since we both agree there is a big difference between the two how can you use Ferris who has...

jemcee wrote:
hahaha Well you certainly seem to know what you're talking about.. Ya might've missed High Point last year where Ferris went over in an off week...
hahaha Well you certainly seem to know what you're talking about.. Ya might've missed High Point last year where Ferris went over in an off week got 3rd fastest lap time in qualifying and beat everyone but Baggett in the first moto..

Yeah i remember he got 7th over all....
PJRAUS
8/24/2018 2:54am
jemcee wrote:

mxgoon wrote:

Ewan49 wrote:
mxgoon I agree with everything you said in your post. And I think Chad should have been the first one picked on the team! But I...
mxgoon I agree with everything you said in your post. And I think Chad should have been the first one picked on the team! But I believe Chad's current speed, fitness, preparation and all that stuff had nothing to do with him not being selected on the team. Even if he was racing all of the outdoor series, was challenging for wins every weekend and showing everybody he was the fastest Aussie around anywhere, I strongly believe he still would not have been selected on the team. Certain people did not want Chad on the team this year regardless of anything. Sad but true! Chad never stood a chance!
Well as you know , I disagree...cant think of any good reason to pick Chad, hasn't raced mx in 3 years, his last year in mx wasn't good, he had his worst season ever in sx and has no support from any team ( at time of team selection)
So he loses a few pounds at Jenny Craig or whatever and does a couple motos at the jgr facility and all of a sudden we are talking about his current speed? What speed? The speed he says he has or the speed his mate says he has? And we are all supposed to go " wow! Reed"s really back! ..bench Gibbs...hell never do as good as Reed...that fifth in his class at mxon last year means nothing...last time Reed raced mxon he got....errm , no we'll just talk about this speed he has now at the jgr facility?

It's interesting that you dont believe he'd have been chosen if he was racing mx in the US and challenging for wins...I for one dont believe that...If he was doing that and he got left out, there would be genuine uproar!
You reckon someone has it in for him..fair enough...spill the beans..who do you reckon it is and why?

I just think the reason is cut and dry...hasnt raced in 3 years, doesn't have a ride and hasn't even been doing any good in his speciality, supercross
PJRAUS
8/24/2018 2:59am
mxgoon wrote:

jemcee wrote:
hahaha Well you certainly seem to know what you're talking about.. Ya might've missed High Point last year where Ferris went over in an off week...

mxgoon wrote:
Yeah i remember he got 7th over all....
Yes and he went down in the first turn of the second moto then again a corner or so later and seeing as how he was leading the AUS championship at the time and under orders to not do anything stupid like getting hurt...he just basically trail rode the second moto...he was tired though...tired and jet lagged from the 15 hour flight to the USA he made a couple days before the race
mxgoon
8/24/2018 3:07am
I look at it like this.

I support a footy team. Its had the same captain for 10 seasons. He's towards the end of his career and has a rough couple of seasons but is keen as mustard to run out for one more grand final. You wanna see your captain go out with one last gutsy effort win or lose.

Chad Reed has been the captain of the aussie MXDN Team since what 2002?

Lest be honest. The team as picked will be maybe top 5? So what if Evans was held back till nest year to watch our old captain give it one more gutsy effort. And I truely believe he would have given it.

Im not looking for an argument. Thats all I have to say about it. Good luck to the boys!!
PJRAUS
8/24/2018 3:18am
mxgoon wrote:
I look at it like this. I support a footy team. Its had the same captain for 10 seasons. He's towards the end of his career...
I look at it like this.

I support a footy team. Its had the same captain for 10 seasons. He's towards the end of his career and has a rough couple of seasons but is keen as mustard to run out for one more grand final. You wanna see your captain go out with one last gutsy effort win or lose.

Chad Reed has been the captain of the aussie MXDN Team since what 2002?

Lest be honest. The team as picked will be maybe top 5? So what if Evans was held back till nest year to watch our old captain give it one more gutsy effort. And I truely believe he would have given it.

Im not looking for an argument. Thats all I have to say about it. Good luck to the boys!!
It's gonna be tough, USA, France, Netherlands, Germany ,UK....all pretty good. Top 5 for us would be very good
I think the USA should dominate, but that crazy bad luck thing that seems to strike teams at that race....hope we dodge it for a change...look what happened to Ferris last year..
It's sure gonna be interesting! The American fans are going to be going absolutely berserk that's for sure...sure wish I could be there..

Post a reply to: Chad Reed to contest the Ironman National with the Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing Team

The Latest