Chad Reed refused to sign replica front plate made by factory Fx

ramey23
2/29/2020 6:38am
"Replica"...is the motocross memorabilia seller's synonym for counterfeit!
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2892nd
2/29/2020 6:42am
mxdad92 wrote:
Ya and Cbd has underage kids smoking all over the globe ruining there future because they are getting high. Think Reed cares about that. Nope just...
Ya and Cbd has underage kids smoking all over the globe ruining there future because they are getting high. Think Reed cares about that. Nope just the money flow
You need to stay in your lane amigo. Your lane being the dumbgeon. WOW. You have successfully posted some of the dumbest shit I’ve read on here.
Mr. Afterbar
2/29/2020 6:49am
I have an authentic Reed Jersey. He didn’t seem to have a problem signing that.

The Shop

OldPro277
2/29/2020 6:54am
I can't understand all the 22 bashing going on. He has always been a cool, laid back dude in my experiences. . My daughter and son-in-law have gotten multiple number plates and a couple of jerseys signed by Chad. They even ran into him on vacation one year at Universal Studios in Orlando while he was with Elle and the kids and he even signed their hats and the shirt my daughter was wearing,took pics with them ,etc etc.
They were in line behind them for a ride and my daughter didn't want to bug them, but she leaned forward and whispered to him " Don't mean to bother you, but you look just like Chad Reed" lol.

There has to be a legit reason that he wouldn't sign that plate replica for the young dude, my daughter and her husband are 30yo and hes never had issues signing anything for them. And being that he offered to sign other items for the kid , I don't understand why all the hate spewing out here.
Mr. Afterbar
2/29/2020 6:54am
I got a dumb question how do y'all get those front plates off there bikes? id like to get my son a Roczen one hes a...
I got a dumb question how do y'all get those front plates off there bikes? id like to get my son a Roczen one hes a huge fan
Ask mxb2. He must be waiting in the pits before the race is even over.
APLMAN99
2/29/2020 6:59am
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Reed continuing to be a life long dbag. Wonder if an NBA or NFL star would refuse to sign shoes and jerseys for that little guy...
Reed continuing to be a life long dbag. Wonder if an NBA or NFL star would refuse to sign shoes and jerseys for that little guy? Sheesh.
I know one professional athlete that would refuse to sign. Nike owns Michael Jordan’s signature. He is legally forbidden to sign memorabilia.
It wasn't Nike, it was Upper Deck that he's had the autograph contract with. He could still sign autographs, just not things like cards, jerseys, basketballs, etc.
mxb2
2/29/2020 7:04am
I got a dumb question how do y'all get those front plates off there bikes? id like to get my son a Roczen one hes a...
I got a dumb question how do y'all get those front plates off there bikes? id like to get my son a Roczen one hes a huge fan
Nope, a few phone calls. Nice try though.
Mr. Afterbar
2/29/2020 7:11am
mxb2 wrote:
You seem to be the master at leeching memorabilia. Figured you could help the guy out.
mxb2
2/29/2020 7:14am
mxb2 wrote:
You seem to be the master at leeching memorabilia. Figured you could help the guy out.
Clueless, but keep going.
Dtat720
2/29/2020 7:21am
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Reed continuing to be a life long dbag. Wonder if an NBA or NFL star would refuse to sign shoes and jerseys for that little guy...
Reed continuing to be a life long dbag. Wonder if an NBA or NFL star would refuse to sign shoes and jerseys for that little guy? Sheesh.
You would be amazed at how many NBA and NFL "stars" are complete assholes that would do exactly what Chad did and be an asshole about it, unlike Chad. Even more so, how many would ask you for payment before giving an autograph. Consider yourselves fortunate these racers still have autograph lines for free
2/29/2020 7:24am Edited Date/Time 2/29/2020 7:28am
I'm an idiot. It is older gen numberplate. Still, no Two Two branding makes it look suspicious. Parents use their kids for sports memorabilia all the time.
2/29/2020 7:43am
I can totally understand why people would be against selling signed merchandise, but at the same time it would suck loads for someone like myself that cant get to any of the events to get a poster signed, let alone a number plate, if they weren't sold online. I could do without the markup ($150 for a signed plate, even a replica? Sure. $200+? Thats getting a little steep) but for some people its the only chance they'd have at anything signed.
2/29/2020 7:49am Edited Date/Time 2/29/2020 7:50am
mxdad92 wrote:
Ya and Cbd has underage kids smoking all over the globe ruining there future because they are getting high. Think Reed cares about that. Nope just...
Ya and Cbd has underage kids smoking all over the globe ruining there future because they are getting high. Think Reed cares about that. Nope just the money flow
We’d be far better off if kids were smoking the CBDs. Their lives would be free of pain, cancer, depression, anxiety, sleep disorders, arthritis, and a whole variety of other debilitating ailments. They would also see an increase in athletic acuity and brain function.

It’s the THCs that make them retarded and on a certain path to unruly civil protest and willful homelessness.
TxGuy
2/29/2020 7:51am
GuyB wrote:
So now you're on here blowing him out for it.

I can't imagine fans being that dickish.
You are never going to get it.
Zaugg
2/29/2020 8:06am
If the OP wanted a signature for his nephew, why not have Chad sign the kid's T-shirt or a poster when he declined to sign the number plate?

Sounds like getting the signature on a fake "trophy" piece (number plate) was more important to the OP than to the nephew.

OP - "Can you sign my nephew's number plate?"
Chad - "Sorry Mate...I can't sign that."
OP - "Right on...can you sign my nephew's t-shirt or a poster then?"
Chad's most likely response - "Sure"

I don't see why this is such an issue.

Because the OP didn't get what he wanted, he decided it was a better idea to put Chad on blast in the biggest MX forum on the planet. Smart move bud. If he had any remorse for not signing that number plate, I'm sure he DGAF now.

toroP
2/29/2020 8:12am
GuyB wrote:
This might have to be our next t-shirt. ;) [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/02/28/407470/s1200_Screen_Shot_2020_02_29_at_12.21.15_AM.jpg[/img]
This might have to be our next t-shirt. Wink

1911 wrote:
It’s a cool shirt, but would you autograph it? Lol
Did you get something else signed by Reed?
Or were you only interested in getting the plate signed?
Kelz87
Fantasy
1372nd
2/29/2020 8:13am
sumdood wrote:
Maybe when he gets number plates to sign he should sign the word "Fake" on them and hand them back. No one does any profiting and...
Maybe when he gets number plates to sign he should sign the word "Fake" on them and hand them back. No one does any profiting and the kid still has a number plate signed by Chad Reed, win win.

“..Here ya are mate, enjoy the show!”
Lol I know that’s not what you meant, but it was kinda funny in my head
SwingHard
2/29/2020 8:18am
OldPro277 wrote:
I can't understand all the 22 bashing going on. He has always been a cool, laid back dude in my experiences. . My daughter and son-in-law...
I can't understand all the 22 bashing going on. He has always been a cool, laid back dude in my experiences. . My daughter and son-in-law have gotten multiple number plates and a couple of jerseys signed by Chad. They even ran into him on vacation one year at Universal Studios in Orlando while he was with Elle and the kids and he even signed their hats and the shirt my daughter was wearing,took pics with them ,etc etc.
They were in line behind them for a ride and my daughter didn't want to bug them, but she leaned forward and whispered to him " Don't mean to bother you, but you look just like Chad Reed" lol.

There has to be a legit reason that he wouldn't sign that plate replica for the young dude, my daughter and her husband are 30yo and hes never had issues signing anything for them. And being that he offered to sign other items for the kid , I don't understand why all the hate spewing out here.
My son and I had a similar experience at Hangtown a few years ago. We are cruising the pits in our golf cart late Friday afternoon, we stop in front Chad Reeds pit , my son wanted to take a few pics. Dave Osterman walks over and comments on our golf cart saying he really likes how we set it up, rims, color etc. Now my son has some difficulty walking from a car accident in which he suffered a T.B.I., Chad Reed sees this and walks over to say hi and take a few pics with my son, I believe he said something to Mr.Osterman because Dave walks into the truck and returns with goggles and a few other souvenirs, needless to say my son was on cloud nine. Osterman & Reed engaged with a fan without being asked,we were gonna snap a couple of pics and drive on. Fans of both gentlemen for life!
toroP
2/29/2020 8:24am
mxdad92 wrote:
Memorabilia is a legit buisness. Bought and sold everyday. Reed has made millions off this country but seems it would belittle him to give $200 back?
“Reed makes money off of Reed, why can’t I make money off of Reed?”Sad
2/29/2020 8:26am
It's a sad fact of reality that there will always be people who will try and profit from from anything they can. This puts the riders in a peculiar situation because they don't want to turn people down, but at the same time, they don't want to sign something and have it passed off as authentic. Back in the 80s and early 90s before the sport became mainstream, we'd all gather around the back of box vans and the riders would hand out posters with their autograph. Every now and then, you'd see someone with a helmet to sign but it was usually just a bunch of kids wanting a picture and autograph. I have a ton of posters with riders autographs from the 80s and 90s, and I still enjoy looking at them now and then.

Now, it's all a commodity.
Sparkey
2/29/2020 8:27am
GuyB wrote:

Not at all, always been a CR22 fan just trying to find out the backstory on why he doesn’t sign plates.
mxdad92 wrote:
Guy B its ok man. He is just a fan wondering why the sport he loves and pays money for cant even sign something.
Right??? Geez, back off turbo. Dude asked a legit question
BobbyM
2/29/2020 8:48am
Since when did MXers turn into whiney sniveling bitches, 2004...1989 maybe?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/29/2020 8:54am
GuyB wrote:

TxGuy wrote:
You are never going to get it.
I completely get it. You’re never going to be happy with anything I post.

I checked this morning. It’s bootleg stuff. I don’t blame him for not signing bootleg stuff.
racin mason
2/29/2020 9:01am
BobbyM wrote:
Since when did MXers turn into whiney sniveling bitches, 2004...1989 maybe?
I wish it wasnt true,but it is....
2/29/2020 9:11am
This sounds like the time I was at Red Bud and the guy was using his kid to get autographs. He was begging Roczen as he walked to his motor home in his underwear. Then freaked out when Dungey didn't sign his kids pee wee trophy.
steve_97060
2/29/2020 9:25am
My 12 year old nephew stood in line to see Chad Reed tonight in Atlanta to get a Replica Kawasaki Lucas oil #22 front plate made...
My 12 year old nephew stood in line to see Chad Reed tonight in Atlanta to get a Replica Kawasaki Lucas oil #22 front plate made by factory FX signed and Chad Reed refused to sign it. “I can’t sign this, I’m sorry.” Then his entourage questioned me about who and where I bought the plate from. Any one know why Reed would refuse to sign a plate in his final year of racing? I can’t understand what the issue is?
But in your original post you say "My 12 year old nephew stood in line to see Chad Reed tonight in Atlanta to get a Replica Kawasaki Lucas oil #22 front plate made by factory FX signed and Chad Reed refused to sign it."

But in this post you say it was going to be wall art in your garage...

So what really happened is you used your 12 yo nephew as a prop in all of this...

You, must be a great uncle there James...
BobPA
2/29/2020 9:31am
I am not the biggest fan of Chad Reed....But, from what I have seen at the Nationals, he is always good with the fans. He can pick and chose what he wants to sign, none of us know the real reason he did not sign the number plate.

Also, selling signed memorabilia is dumb. When I was a kid I tried my hardest for some factory plastics after the race....Every single piece and poster ended up on the wall.....Now it sits in storage haha, but the real cool stuff is on the wall of my game room.

Post a reply to: Chad Reed refused to sign replica front plate made by factory Fx

The Latest