Chad Reed putting his own deal together for 18

Spooner
8/18/2017 7:20pm
Not to mention there will be another all new KTM 450 for 2018.
Sully
8/18/2017 7:30pm
If he does his own thing on Orange, how much factory support will he get? Between Red Bull and RMC, KTM seems to have a pretty full plate already.
Radical
Fantasy
2384th
8/18/2017 9:42pm
FahQ wrote:
Team RC/CR Yoshimura Suzuki...
Don't forget RC has alot of respect for "that guy"
Yeah, but if Reed and Stewart were out riding fast at Ricky's Ranch, Ricky might want to suit up.

8/19/2017 2:29am
Anyone know how tight is the FOX/Reed relationship after moving from/being bumped? from Shift for Roczen?
If he felt like he was being diplaced there, moving to Fly to align with an existing team would be that much easier. Throw in the Byrner equation ......

The Shop

Crush
8/19/2017 3:03am
Anyone know how tight is the FOX/Reed relationship after moving from/being bumped? from Shift for Roczen? If he felt like he was being diplaced there, moving...
Anyone know how tight is the FOX/Reed relationship after moving from/being bumped? from Shift for Roczen?
If he felt like he was being diplaced there, moving to Fly to align with an existing team would be that much easier. Throw in the Byrner equation ......
Other way around Bro, Chad was the architect of that deal and the resistance was from Kenny.
ob
8/19/2017 8:36am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2017 8:37am
Spooner wrote:
Not to mention there will be another all new KTM 450 for 2018.
Mostly all new. I think the frame is going to be the same.
ob
8/19/2017 8:40am
Anyone know how tight is the FOX/Reed relationship after moving from/being bumped? from Shift for Roczen? If he felt like he was being diplaced there, moving...
Crush wrote:
Other way around Bro, Chad was the architect of that deal and the resistance was from Kenny.
I would think Chad got the better end of that deal. I was really suprised Kenny when to shift.
gt80rider
8/19/2017 8:56am
Swann wrote:
I heard from a reliable source who heard from an even more reliable source (that's 2 layers of reliability), that James Stewart and Chad Reed are...
I heard from a reliable source who heard from an even more reliable source (that's 2 layers of reliability), that James Stewart and Chad Reed are teaming up and will ride Hondas. Steve Matthes is slated to be team mechanic.
Mookie serving as the semi driver and is their trainer.
So the semi driver is the fastest Rider on their team?
mxb2
8/19/2017 9:25am
Swann wrote:
I heard from a reliable source who heard from an even more reliable source (that's 2 layers of reliability), that James Stewart and Chad Reed are...
I heard from a reliable source who heard from an even more reliable source (that's 2 layers of reliability), that James Stewart and Chad Reed are teaming up and will ride Hondas. Steve Matthes is slated to be team mechanic.
Mookie serving as the semi driver and is their trainer.
gt80rider wrote:
So the semi driver is the fastest Rider on their team?
Whoever can ride a full moto or main without fading or pulling off is the teams fastest. Tongue
Crush
8/19/2017 10:40am
Crush wrote:
ob wrote:
I would think Chad got the better end of that deal. I was really suprised Kenny when to shift.
Financially? I'd almost assume he was anyways.

Brand wise? Wash out. Shift made sense for Chad when he was anti-establishment on his own team. He's elder statesman family guy now, hence he wanted the switch.

Shift actually suits Roczen, bit rebellious and what not.
8/19/2017 9:47pm
Couple of things.

Reed got some airtime today on the KMC Wheels commercial which I hadn't seen before. Neat family footage. Along with Clint Bowyer. Pretty cool.

If I were Chad, I'd be careful of Party Marty, I'm pretty sure he'd dongoffer Ellie, like most of you horny bastards would.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
8/19/2017 9:55pm
Crush wrote:
Not the way I heard it.... Chad was not happy with the switch.
Zycki11
8/19/2017 10:34pm
Crush wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Knowing a few blokes from the fox/shift family. It's one and the same. Kenny is a special athlete for fox. He can as well as Chad are part of the developemebt team. Toes were not stepped on as both athletes were good with the "switch"
mxgoon
8/19/2017 11:04pm
Crush wrote:
langhammx wrote:
You heard it wrong.

He even went as far as saying it has been a dream of his to ride for Fox.
kiwifan
8/19/2017 11:06pm
Personally, the bikes are all so damn good these days that he could hop on any one and win, to say that it can only be KTM (as a few are saying in this thread) is a bit short sighted...I think he will be on a Suzuki ...no facts behind it, call it gut feeling...happy to be proven wrong
cali11
8/19/2017 11:39pm
kiwifan wrote:
Personally, the bikes are all so damn good these days that he could hop on any one and win, to say that it can only be...
Personally, the bikes are all so damn good these days that he could hop on any one and win, to say that it can only be KTM (as a few are saying in this thread) is a bit short sighted...I think he will be on a Suzuki ...no facts behind it, call it gut feeling...happy to be proven wrong
I think they were saying KTM was the only factory he has not rode for
kiwifan
8/19/2017 11:44pm
kiwifan wrote:
Personally, the bikes are all so damn good these days that he could hop on any one and win, to say that it can only be...
cali11 wrote:
ah so because he hasnt raced for them (or Husky), then that is what he will ride? Fair enough I suppose
8/20/2017 12:18am
Crush wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Well I'm no better to knowing if he's happy and loyal there or happy to jump over to FLY/RM if that is an possibility. FOX lost Dungey this year so I'm thinking they may not want to loose another markee rider just yet.

Bridges burnt and the way KTM is making factory equipment more readily available through KTM Factory Services to more teams gives the prospect of Reed turning up on a SX-F a very real possibility. How he gets it to the races is another thing though. I do know it wont be in a pick up or box van
team 822
8/20/2017 12:47am
cali11 wrote:
I can't see him doing that again. Pretty much everyone who has tried it has folded. Nope not going to happen!
Really?
8/20/2017 12:53am
langhammx wrote:
I remember JT$ saying on one of Matthes' podcasts that Reed had wanted to wear Fox for awhile but couldn't.
8/20/2017 1:43am
Reed will be on a 2018 RMZ 450, hes been riding those too. Tongue
Crush
8/20/2017 2:48am
langhammx wrote:
I remember JT$ saying on one of Matthes' podcasts that Reed had wanted to wear Fox for awhile but couldn't.
Yeah he said he's been trying to get it done for a couple years...
8/20/2017 2:55am
kiwifan wrote:
cali11 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
ah so because he hasnt raced for them (or Husky), then that is what he will ride? Fair enough I suppose
If he's buying the bikes himself I could see him riding anything but Yamaha and Kawasaki. If he's getting support KTM or Husky seems more logical.

I'll be surprised if its big support after his 2017 results. Especially with so many young guys looking for a spot.
defeatist45
8/20/2017 6:00am
mxgoon wrote:
You heard it wrong.

That was said in the PR of him going to Fox. Do you think he would say Fox sucks and I wanted to stay in shift?
8/20/2017 6:42am
Where's the guy with the plane that likes to snap a few pics over riders' properties? Surely he could clear this all up pretty quickly. LMAO
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
8/20/2017 8:07am
mxgoon wrote:
You heard it wrong.

That was said in the PR of him going to Fox. Do you think he would say Fox sucks and I wanted to stay in shift?
Exactly !!
(He was being politically correct on their decision to switch him and Kenny)

Shift was making Chad Reed inspired gear, which I'd imagine he got a piece of. I haven't seen any new Chad Reed FOX gear.
kiwifan
8/20/2017 1:24pm
cali11 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
If he's buying the bikes himself I could see him riding anything but Yamaha and Kawasaki. If he's getting support KTM or Husky seems more logical...
If he's buying the bikes himself I could see him riding anything but Yamaha and Kawasaki. If he's getting support KTM or Husky seems more logical.

I'll be surprised if its big support after his 2017 results. Especially with so many young guys looking for a spot.
thats the thing.....and as per a previous post by me he could really ride any brand....experts here said he would never go back to Yamaha but he did....so whats stopping him going back to Kawasaki/Suzuki/Honda? ....and as I said before I think Suzuki much more likely imho

Post a reply to: Chad Reed putting his own deal together for 18

The Latest