Chad Reed jersey for sale with a twist (not sure if this will get moved)

Related:
Create New Tag

1/12/2020 7:21 PM

I am auctioning off my only pro, race worn jersey. It is a Chad Reed 2011 Atlanta SX jersey.I bought it back in 2011 or 2012 for around $225-250 online. I have the listing on eBay. I promoting it here, because I will donate half of the funds the jersey sells for if it goes above $600.

I am a man of my word and will send a snip/e-mail to the buyer after I have donated the funds. Will donate to Road 2 Recovery, St. Jude Hospitals, or the wildfire in Australia. Buyer can pick the charity, will support other charities as well, but those 3 came to mind first.

Questions feel free to ask.

eBay listing

|

1/12/2020 7:24 PM

mx 219 wrote:

I am auctioning off my only pro, race worn jersey. It is a Chad Reed 2011 Atlanta SX jersey.I bought it back in 2011 or 2012 for around $225-250 online. I have the listing on eBay. I promoting it here, because I will donate half of the funds the jersey sells for if it goes above $600.

I am a man of my word and will send a snip/e-mail to the buyer after I have donated the funds. Will donate to Road 2 Recovery, St. Jude Hospitals, or the wildfire in Australia. Buyer can pick the charity, will support other charities as well, but those 3 came to mind first.

eBay listing

man.. 2011 Atlanta. what a wild race that was!

|

1/12/2020 7:44 PM

mx 219 wrote:

eBay listing

You, sir, are a fantastic human being......

Until I find something to disagree with you on sometime.

😎

Seriously, outstanding thing for you to do!!!!

|

1/12/2020 8:54 PM

I can't afford it at present time , but that's pretty badass. Good luck with the auction!.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/12/2020 9:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2020 9:08 PM

Very honorable of you. Always thought that particular Shift gear was great looking. I shall go bid now...or first thing in the morning.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

1/12/2020 10:02 PM

So just to be clear, if it sells for $599 or less, nothing gets donated to charity?

|

1/13/2020 5:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2020 5:10 AM

aeffertz wrote:

So just to be clear, if it sells for $599 or less, nothing gets donated to charity?

I haven't changed the list on eBay yet, but I kind of reconsidered my thoughts on how much to donate a few minutes after I posted the auction. I was going to post it on here 15 minutes after I initially posted this last night, but after I get $400 I will donate the rest to charity.

So if it sells for $500 I will donate the $100 to charity. I want at least $300 for myself, thus why I initially I said would split half after $600. If it goes for $1000, I will now donate $600 instead of $500, etc. Shoot, even if it only sells for $400, I will still give something to charity.

|

1/13/2020 5:47 AM

cool idea! but with ebay fees, and shipping cost it will kill this vibe

|

1/13/2020 6:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2020 6:23 AM

Payup_199 wrote:

cool idea! but with ebay fees, and shipping cost it will kill this vibe

Shipping costs shouldn't be much more than $12 and will only lose 11%ish to eBay and paypal in fees. Im eatting that out of the $400, if it gets that high.

|

1/13/2020 7:21 AM

Keep the jersey and send $100 to your charity. Dang.

|

1/13/2020 8:06 PM

So I just watched his podium interview from that race and I'm not convinced that is the jersey. I'm not calling you out, I'd just love to see more pics to line up the dirt stains. On the podium there seems to be a dirt stain on his left shoulder under the 22, and when he lifts his arm a couple times to wipe his face the right arm of the jersey is super dirty. I wish there was a good tv shot of his belly, but I can't find it. Nice jersey though, just not sure if it's exactly as advertised. Good luck!

|

1/14/2020 12:52 AM

Yeah sorry but dont think this is cool. Using the shit situation down in aus to sell your jersey for a profit.

|

There are two kinds of people against dirt bikes, those who never tried and those who weren't good at them.

1/14/2020 3:49 AM

Aussie_power_sports wrote:

Yeah sorry but dont think this is cool. Using the shit situation down in aus to sell your jersey for a profit.

He could just keep it, and donate nothing. He also mentioned other charities he was considering, and said he was open to others if the buyer wanted. Nice try though.

|

1/14/2020 5:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2020 7:21 AM

adastramx wrote:

So I just watched his podium interview from that race and I'm not convinced that is the jersey. I'm not calling you out, I'd just love to see more pics to line up the dirt stains. On the podium there seems to be a dirt stain on his left shoulder under the 22, and when he lifts his arm a couple times to wipe his face the right arm of the jersey is super dirty. I wish there was a good tv shot of his belly, but I can't find it. Nice jersey though, just not sure if it's exactly as advertised. Good luck!

Thanks for pointing that out. I will take another look at it when I get home.If I come to find it is not the Atlanta jersey I will probably change the listing to Chad Reed jersey if I can do that on eBay. I will also contact both current bidders.

When I bought the jersey the guy selling it had two Chad Reed jerseys for sale along with a few other pro jerseys, I seem to remember a Weimer 32 jersey, and some other signed Two Two motorsports memorabillia., He claimed both Reed jerseys were race worn jerseys, this one and a blue one (see image below). I actually liked the blue one better but he said the yellow one was from Atlanta 2011, and with that being such a great race that is why I bought it over the blue one.

@Aussie_power_sports sorry that you feel that way. I am trying to be more of a glass half full guy. I am trying to do something good with the proceeds from the jersey. I am fairly confident I could sell it for $300-400 eventually without giving money away to support any cause, but figured why not add something to the listing to try to do a little more good in the world.

I saw an article last night criticizing Jeff Bezos for only giving 1 mill AU dollars = 690k in USD to aid Australia with the wild fires. WIth as much money as Jeff has he certainly could give more, or have Amazon give more, but at the same time isn't it nice that he gave anything at all? He certainly didn't have to. Sometimes I think it's nice to be thankful for what someone will give rather than criticize it.

To anyone reading this, if you are one of the 2 bidders on the jersey and want to retract your bid please go ahead and do so. I will look at the jersey later this evening and put an update on here and if needed change the eBay listing.

|

1/14/2020 4:48 PM

I hate to admit this but I believe adastramx is right. I dont believe this is the jersey Chad wore in the main event at Atlanta in 2011 based on the dirt (and blood) marks on the jersey.

I have already spoken to the high bidder on ebay and let him know that. I am also going to contact the first bidder and will change the lsiting as best as I can.

As stated earlier, I specifically bought this jersey over another because I was told it was from the main in Atlanta 2011. A little bummed about that and sorry for the incorrect information on the listing. If it doesnt sell I will just keep it.

|

1/14/2020 6:26 PM

That sucks man. I was just checking it out because that would be a cool jersey to have, and really, $300 for any Reed jersey seems like a decent price, let alone from such an iconic race. Maybe it was from the heat or practice session.

|

1/14/2020 6:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2020 6:34 PM

adastramx wrote:

That sucks man. I was just checking it out because that would be a cool jersey to have, and really, $300 for any Reed jersey seems like a decent price, let alone from such an iconic race. Maybe it was from the heat or practice session.

I actually started searching images from 2011 to see if he wore it in another main. I saw he wore a yellow one in san diego in the rain i dont think it was that race. i checked like the first 8 rds and stopped there for now. Not sure if i will continue or not.

Like you said, maybe a heat race or practice session. I think that leaves the possibilities endless, could have even been a moto outdoors or practice outdoors. Hard to say.

The markings on the front of the jersey are blood, so whenever it was worn he took a digger.

|

1/14/2020 8:56 PM

mx 219 wrote:

I actually started searching images from 2011 to see if he wore it in another main. I saw he wore a yellow one in san diego in the rain i dont think it was that race. i checked like the first 8 rds and stopped there for now. Not sure if i will continue or not.

Like you said, maybe a heat race or practice session. I think that leaves the possibilities endless, could have even been a moto outdoors or practice outdoors. Hard to say.

The markings on the front of the jersey are blood, so whenever it was worn he took a digger.

It’s not outdoors because the ama logo is supercross specific. Each round gets somewhere between like 4-6 of each jersey so it very well could still be from Atlanta, just not the main. Hope you figure it out man!

|

1/14/2020 9:55 PM

ts.p311 wrote:

He could just keep it, and donate nothing. He also mentioned other charities he was considering, and said he was open to others if the buyer wanted. Nice try though.

Not trying anything....

There are alot of buisness and people using these fires in the wrong way to promote or sell stufd.

To me OP could of just sold the jersey and donated the amount and not told everyone. Or hell even donate the whole amount, but to advertise it and still make a profit after the donation isnt cool IMO.

|

There are two kinds of people against dirt bikes, those who never tried and those who weren't good at them.

1/15/2020 12:02 AM

ts.p311 wrote:

Not trying anything....

There are alot of buisness and people using these fires in the wrong way to promote or sell stufd.

To me OP could of just sold the jersey and donated the amount and not told everyone. Or hell even donate the whole amount, but to advertise it and still make a profit after the donation isnt cool IMO.

i have to agree seems like tryna price bump to me, i dont know why anyone would pay $600 for it, if it was of good intentions half would be donated no matter what price it reaches

|