Chad Reed is he back or

Edited Date/Time 1/8/2014 5:38pm
So was wondering what everybody thinks. This might be his year or could this be his last year
|
EricY
1/6/2014 9:18am
I need to see some more before I say he's back, but I think the potential is there. Even he knows he needs to ride better than he did at A1.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
1/6/2014 9:28am
I was a litle dissappointed with his ride late in the race, he was right on Roczen there for a while. Not sure if his times late in the race were because of fitness or he knew he had 3rd locked up. I would say we will have a better idea after the next 2-3 rounds.
RedRum666
1/6/2014 9:31am
I agreee with EricY..... The cliche is " never count Reed out"...and you cant ....He had a good ride on Saturday and he turns it up when he needs too....when he starts up front he usually stays there however, although he landed on the podium at A1 I need to see more....he will certainly have those good nights and round one does not set the tone for the year....RV and Stew had their issues, Barcia was not up front

Reed started up front with a good start (3rd or 4th) A few dudes fell back and I think he passed only one guy (Grant )the first lap....the rest of the time he was either being passed or riding passed fallen dudes (RV and Stew)...he hung on to Kroc there for a bit but once Stew came through he and Dungey fell back as Stew went on to catch Roczen ..Reed later fell victim to Dungey..... Stewart passed Reed and Dungey pretty easily and smooth ..... I think RV just played it cool since the rest of the pack was WAAAAAY back....Had RV and Stew not fallen, Reed would have been 5th or 6th and this thread would not have been started....but the cards fell how the did and Reed was there like always...and thats what matters.....
peelout
1/6/2014 9:32am
i wish i was able to get a podium spot and have people be disappointed in my ride... some fickle fans for sure

The Shop

jamma10
1/6/2014 9:38am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2014 9:38am
There wasn't much between any of the top guys on Saturday, Reed included.

If that was him riding "tight" I can't wait to see him riding relaxed...
jamma10
1/6/2014 9:39am
He did look ok. But I just don't think the drive is there.
I think it will be when he realises he still has it. He was probably doubting himself until saturday night.
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
1/6/2014 9:40am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2014 9:40am
peelout wrote:
i wish i was able to get a podium spot and have people be disappointed in my ride... some fickle fans for sure
I was thinking the same
A podium is a podium
He had to put in the 20 laps..

That being said imo he backed it down a little and settled
for being on the podium
nothin wrong with that .I'd call it smart
2 podium spots went to 2 of the most consistent
guys in the sport . Reed and Dungey
1/6/2014 9:41am
Look at Stewart. From 7th to 2nd. He looked good until the crash but he had the drive. He wanted to win I just didn't see that in Reed. I do hope he comes around next weekend
Spagina767
1/6/2014 9:42am
He did look ok. But I just don't think the drive is there.
What do you know about his drive?

Seriously, I do not understand comments like this. What is your reasoning for making this comment? Did you not see enough "drive" on facebook, or twitter? Unless you are actually friends with Reed and see what he does day in, and day out, how do you have a clue?

Reed looked good. He didnt look like the best guy out there, but i don't think many people expected that. Judging by laptimes, and where everyone else finished compared to him, he did very well. I think he can build from here. After all, RV had 9 laps to pass him, and didn't, so he must not have been TOOO slow.
Spagina767
1/6/2014 9:43am
Look at Stewart. From 7th to 2nd. He looked good until the crash but he had the drive. He wanted to win I just didn't see...
Look at Stewart. From 7th to 2nd. He looked good until the crash but he had the drive. He wanted to win I just didn't see that in Reed. I do hope he comes around next weekend
Thats not drive lol, thats SPEED, and Stewart had a ton of it.
RedRum666
1/6/2014 9:52am
We'll just have to see via more races.......lots of " If's and scenarios"..... Reed is no slouch and has proven record to stay up front in the mains even when he has bad qualifying or even heat race performances....you have to be in it to win it.....he was in it.... but much more to come before he wins it....Looking forward to PHX....all the hype settles down a notch and people get down to business....
thormx11
1/6/2014 10:18am
Chad hasn't looked as good as he has since his crash in 2012? when he was battling with RV for the lead. That season he looked like the only guy as fast/faster than RV, but when he crashed and fucked his knee up, he hasn't seemed the same since.

I seen an interview with him saying it (2012) was going to be his last season, until he crashed out and said he didn't want to go out like that. Not sure how many more seasons we will see Reedy out there

It'll be a sad day when he does retire
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/6/2014 10:22am
Look at Stewart. From 7th to 2nd. He looked good until the crash but he had the drive. He wanted to win I just didn't see...
Why didn't you have that in the original post? It would have made it easier to put the whole thread in the dumbgeon early.

You asked for people's opinions.
Titan1
1/6/2014 10:29am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2014 10:34am
I LOVE the close racing...one mistake and RV goes from a win and 25 points, to 4th and 18 points (I think? How many points for 4th?). And that was with Tomac and Stewart out and Barcia with a bad start....the fact that their is little difference in speed between 1st and about 6th or 7th, will magnify mistakes and keep the points chase close.

Last year, if RV lost the front end in that corner...he'd of finished 2nd, this year he finishes 4th (which should have been 5th if Stewart didn't fall...which could have been a 8th if Tomac and Barcia were there with good starts)? I'm excited...

I think if Reed can ride in the 3rd-5th range every weekend, he'll be right in the championship hunt all season, because I think 1st and 2nd will be a whole bunch of different riders...

Is Reed back? I don't know he left...but he'll be there battling for top 5's every week (just like 6 or 7 other guys).
machine
1/6/2014 10:36am
He said he was riding tight in the Racer X interview, he will be fine. That was quite an accomplishment from where he was last year.
machine
1/6/2014 10:37am
Titan1 wrote:
I LOVE the close racing...one mistake and RV goes from a win and 25 points, to 4th and 18 points (I think? How many points for...
I LOVE the close racing...one mistake and RV goes from a win and 25 points, to 4th and 18 points (I think? How many points for 4th?). And that was with Tomac and Stewart out and Barcia with a bad start....the fact that their is little difference in speed between 1st and about 6th or 7th, will magnify mistakes and keep the points chase close.

Last year, if RV lost the front end in that corner...he'd of finished 2nd, this year he finishes 4th (which should have been 5th if Stewart didn't fall...which could have been a 8th if Tomac and Barcia were there with good starts)? I'm excited...

I think if Reed can ride in the 3rd-5th range every weekend, he'll be right in the championship hunt all season, because I think 1st and 2nd will be a whole bunch of different riders...

Is Reed back? I don't know he left...but he'll be there battling for top 5's every week (just like 6 or 7 other guys).
I agree..
Titan1
1/6/2014 10:47am
I think the number of guys so close in speed (Villopoto, Stewart, Dungey, Reed, Roczen, Tomac, Barcia) plays into Dungey's hand for the title. He is the definition of "there every week"...he won't win the most races...but he'll also likely be on the podium the most.

While guys like Stewart and RV are faster, and will probably win more races...they'll also be outside the top 5 more often than Dungey, and those outside-the-top-five finishes will really hurt them this year.

I think the championship this year will come down to a bit of strategy...and that, to me at least, seems to be how Dungey rides every championship...the difference is that in years past...worst case, RV finishes 2nd...and wins more races...

I'm so pumped for this year.
SethCo117
1/6/2014 10:54am
Titan1 wrote:
I LOVE the close racing...one mistake and RV goes from a win and 25 points, to 4th and 18 points (I think? How many points for...

There won't be a better answer to the question than this
1/6/2014 10:56am
I think he's back. Just look at the lap times...he may have faded a little at the end but he still ran consistent 58's most of the main event.
toroP
1/6/2014 12:18pm
results

Who got the most out of their effort?

Who has the drive for the title win?
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
1/6/2014 12:25pm
Reed rode great new bike and all! Whoever podiums every single week will be a contender for the title!
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
1/6/2014 2:28pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2014 2:29pm
peelout wrote:
go back and watch the race... go to 8 mins in and watch Reed. He is right on Rocze for a while. He falls back behind Stewart and Dungey and never passed Roczen.

Not very impressive from the halfway point on.

1/6/2014 2:39pm
Let's look at Reed's lap times.

Practice 1: 8th fastest
Practice 2: 7th fastest
Heats: 5th fastest
Main: 7th fastest

Reed is definitely back. I don't think it's premature to crown him as the 2014 champion.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
1/6/2014 3:03pm
I feel he was right about where he should be, he was quick, but when push came to shove he didn't push it, get out of A1 safe. I think he will get more comfortable, and will get better as we move on. imo
mx836
1/6/2014 3:53pm
TripleFive wrote:
Let's look at Reed's lap times. Practice 1: 8th fastest Practice 2: 7th fastest Heats: 5th fastest Main: 7th fastest Reed is definitely back. I don't...
Let's look at Reed's lap times.

Practice 1: 8th fastest
Practice 2: 7th fastest
Heats: 5th fastest
Main: 7th fastest

Reed is definitely back. I don't think it's premature to crown him as the 2014 champion.
Not a Reedy fan? Thanks for the stats. That paints a different picture, but a good ride nonetheless.
kiwifan
1/6/2014 6:10pm
All comes down to starts, Reed had a good start, lets see how he fares when he gets a bad or average start.

Congrats on his podium though.
1/6/2014 6:22pm
Two of the three fastest riders hit the dirt....Chad had a great start...and finished P3. If that is being 'back', then he is back.

Post a reply to: Chad Reed is he back or

The Latest