Chad Reed in for 2019... BUT

BobKerr
7/16/2018 3:34pm
I'm real curious to know the details of all these offers that Reed has turned down because they were not enough money. I hope the experts here on Vital can help.
gerg
7/16/2018 3:52pm
God some of you get so upset over this shit.

That "one guy" that annoys the piss out of everyone on the ride with the constant whining is 90% of the posters here.
beamer
7/16/2018 8:13pm
I just had a chance to watch the MCR video, Reed does not deserve a ride there and would be an absolute cancer to that organization. Truth hurts but that’s the way it is. I’m sure Mike G and Tony realize this so don’t expect to see him there.

The Shop

Pedrotbitt
7/16/2018 8:20pm
He got 100k/year from Yamaha on his last factory contract so I don't think he is demanding loads of money for a ride. The attention he draws back is worth every penny even if he finishes outside the top 10.
TeamGreen
7/16/2018 8:33pm
BroFoSho wrote:
As of the start of the 2019 SX season... - Five years since Reed last won a race (January 2015) - Four years since Reed got...
As of the start of the 2019 SX season...

- Five years since Reed last won a race (January 2015)
- Four years since Reed got back-to-back podiums (January 2016)
- Three years since Reed last got a podium (January 2017)
- Nearly three years since reed last got a Top 5 (March 2017)

I'll GLADLY take that bet... I'll pay out $100 for every top 5 Reed gets and get paid $100 for every finish outside of the Top 5 (injuries or mechanical issues I'll even allow for a wash).
Your math needs help.
shiftmx_22 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/07/16/274950/s1200_th.jpg[/img]

Best post up in h'yar!
milliebays
7/16/2018 10:05pm
kb228 wrote:
Reeds results arent there. Thats all there is to it. A team has the choice between 10th place guys and reed. One is 18 and can...
Reeds results arent there. Thats all there is to it. A team has the choice between 10th place guys and reed. One is 18 and can be molded and worked into someone great. The other is 36 and has been stuck in his ways and wants a huge paycheck. Simple really. You want to pay $40,000 for 10th place or $500,000 for 10th place? I want to see reed race as much as the next guy but he needs to realize hes past his prime.
WarrenMX wrote:
This. I don't think teams are unaware of Chad's pulling power, but that pulling power comes at a cost. 1. Monetary - Chad isn't going to...
This.

I don't think teams are unaware of Chad's pulling power, but that pulling power comes at a cost.

1. Monetary - Chad isn't going to ride for little or no money (like the guys he's placing next to) and teams have obviously decided that having the longest autograph line in the pits is not worth the money he's asking.

2. Ego - I don't see Chad being a good #2 on any team. If I was a team manager I'd be worried about that.
kage173 wrote:
I think the reason the teams don't want him is because he trashes the bike if he doesn't do well. They'd pay the price and they're...
I think the reason the teams don't want him is because he trashes the bike if he doesn't do well.

They'd pay the price and they're fine with top 10s and a big autograph line, but what good does it do you if he then starts blaming the bike? Then he's actually hurting your brand. And he has done that with every single bike he's ridden.
this. he seems to burn bridges.
7/16/2018 11:43pm
Chad needs to stop hinting for a des nations ride. He doesn't ride MX so he needs to forget it. Hell, he doesn't even have a bike right now. To put it into perspective, he wouldn't see which way Jed Beaton or Hunter Lawrence went if he raced those two. I also doubt he'd go top 5 in Australia now.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
7/16/2018 11:47pm
Chad needs to stop hinting for a des nations ride. He doesn't ride MX so he needs to forget it. Hell, he doesn't even have a...
Chad needs to stop hinting for a des nations ride. He doesn't ride MX so he needs to forget it. Hell, he doesn't even have a bike right now. To put it into perspective, he wouldn't see which way Jed Beaton or Hunter Lawrence went if he raced those two. I also doubt he'd go top 5 in Australia now.
Who do they take then?

Hunter Lawrence
Todd Waters (if he's available)
?????

Gibbs is injured.
Mosig's gone for a few years
Ferris, Melross, Clout etc. etc are more than likely all contracted for the supercross series that clashes
Metty if he can get some good equipment sorted maybe?
jemcee
7/17/2018 12:33am Edited Date/Time 7/17/2018 1:19am
haydos25 wrote:
Who do they take then? Hunter Lawrence Todd Waters (if he's available) ????? Gibbs is injured. Mosig's gone for a few years Ferris, Melross, Clout etc...
Who do they take then?

Hunter Lawrence
?????

Gibbs is injured.
Ferris, Melross, Clout etc. etc are more than likely all contracted for the supercross series that clashes
Yeah I was against sending him too but it might be a perfect storm for him to get his send off..
Metty would be the only guy better that could afford/be available

Unless we went Melross, Lawrence, Waters.. That's if Waters still has access to a bike although he'd prob still get one somewhere
Edit I missed where you said Melross is contracted to the Aus SX
Dougy1
7/17/2018 2:41am
Pedrotbitt wrote:
He got 100k/year from Yamaha on his last factory contract so I don't think he is demanding loads of money for a ride. The attention he...
He got 100k/year from Yamaha on his last factory contract so I don't think he is demanding loads of money for a ride. The attention he draws back is worth every penny even if he finishes outside the top 10.
Unfortunately the attention he gave Yamaha was not what they needed, I read alot of really bad comments on Yamaha social page after the lapping debacle with Dungey .It really did hurt Chad. Lost Yamaha and Monster at season end.
Cortami79
7/17/2018 3:32am
Dougy1 wrote:
Unfortunately the attention he gave Yamaha was not what they needed, I read alot of really bad comments on Yamaha social page after the lapping debacle...
Unfortunately the attention he gave Yamaha was not what they needed, I read alot of really bad comments on Yamaha social page after the lapping debacle with Dungey .It really did hurt Chad. Lost Yamaha and Monster at season end.
Even though I loved him the years before and I admire his dedication with the TwoTwo team, he lost a lot of my respect that night..
wicksy85
Fantasy
1579th
7/17/2018 7:48am
haydos25 wrote:
Who do they take then? Hunter Lawrence Todd Waters (if he's available) ????? Gibbs is injured. Mosig's gone for a few years Ferris, Melross, Clout etc...
Who do they take then?

Hunter Lawrence
?????

Gibbs is injured.
jemcee wrote:
Yeah I was against sending him too but it might be a perfect storm for him to get his send off.. Metty would be the only...
Yeah I was against sending him too but it might be a perfect storm for him to get his send off..
Metty would be the only guy better that could afford/be available

Unless we went Melross, Lawrence, Waters.. That's if Waters still has access to a bike although he'd prob still get one somewhere
Edit I missed where you said Melross is contracted to the Aus SX
Clout
Waters
Lawrence.

Ferris has stated he isnt interested this year, im sure Clout would do it, he has been before and with KTM support it'll be good for him and also with Waters and HRC
MX690
7/17/2018 2:46pm
beamer wrote:
I just had a chance to watch the MCR video, Reed does not deserve a ride there and would be an absolute cancer to that organization...
I just had a chance to watch the MCR video, Reed does not deserve a ride there and would be an absolute cancer to that organization. Truth hurts but that’s the way it is. I’m sure Mike G and Tony realize this so don’t expect to see him there.
If you have ever listened to any interviews with Tony you would know that Tony has huge respect for Chad and thinks quite highly of him and holds what he says in high regard.
gerg
7/17/2018 4:04pm
Honestly it's not sounding great and like him or not, being forced to retire because he can't get a ride is not a great way to end his career.

Post a reply to: Chad Reed in for 2019... BUT

The Latest