Chad Reed in for 2019... BUT

Related:
Create New Tag

7/14/2018 7:27 AM

He's not willing doing it on his own this time. He wants a ride for '19 or it's quits.

Thoughts? I think he'd make a fantastic backup rider, for what will likely be his last year.

Listen/watch here (TWMX):

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

7/14/2018 7:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/14/2018 7:30 AM

Grant/Reed on AARP/Bass Pro/Copper Fit/Glucerna Kawis FTW!!

|

7/14/2018 7:31 AM

ga_pike wrote:

Grant/Reed on AARP/Bass Pro/Copper Fit/Glucerna Kawis FTW!!

+1

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

7/14/2018 7:32 AM

I just don't see him getting a ride.

|

7/14/2018 7:36 AM

Tampax/Kleenex factory Husqvarna.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

7/14/2018 7:40 AM

Bye Felicia. I've never been a fan of Chad Reed the human being. His true persona shined through in that video. I won't miss him.

|

7/14/2018 7:47 AM

Teams are looking for marketability. Reed is a master at that. Reed draws a lot of eyeballs!

|

www.alljackedupinc.com home of the Switch Hauler, the only modular hauling system www.sprocketstuff.com home of the Counter Sprocket Tool

7/14/2018 7:55 AM

I hope he gets a ride. Thanks for the video! I'm have obvious bias. I don't see a problem with someone being honest like Reed but whatever.

|

7/14/2018 8:06 AM

It's an automatic mention every week if your team signs him. Who would you rather sign Joe Nobody who rides around in 10-15 and MAYBE makes it on tv and gets to mention your sponsorship or one of the most successful SX riders of all time on his farewell tour.

Also I'll add no disrespect to Joe Nobody as he has more skill in his pinkie than I will ever dream of having.

|

2018 CRF250R

7/14/2018 8:09 AM

Be better off as an ambassador...I can only imagine a bunch of mediocre races at this point.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

7/14/2018 8:14 AM

He rode injured all last year.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

7/14/2018 8:21 AM

He will be much better this year. People forget he was hurt all last year, trying a new bike, and out of shape. Is the guy course and brutally honest? Sure... but I dig that. So many fake personas in this sport and Reed is badass. He looks like he is trimming down well and will be good to go barring injuries during the offseason.

|

7/14/2018 8:25 AM

Was he racing 2018?

|

7/14/2018 8:30 AM

feelit2morrow wrote:

It's an automatic mention every week if your team signs him. Who would you rather sign Joe Nobody who rides around in 10-15 and MAYBE makes it on tv and gets to mention your sponsorship or one of the most successful SX riders of all time on his farewell tour.

Also I'll add no disrespect to Joe Nobody as he has more skill in his pinkie than I will ever dream of having.

My thoughts too. He may not win every weekend but he knows how to represent a brand.

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

7/14/2018 8:31 AM

tek14 wrote:

Was he racing 2018?

Yeah, he did the 2018 SX season on a privateer Husky.

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

7/14/2018 8:36 AM

MXD wrote:

Bye Felicia. I've never been a fan of Chad Reed the human being. His true persona shined through in that video. I won't miss him.

I'm baffled by this post. Care to elaborate on what exactly was so stand offish by this video? Seems pretty straight forward and honest to me.

|

7/14/2018 8:37 AM

He seems fit this time Photo

|

7/14/2018 8:38 AM

gt757 wrote:

He seems fit this time Photo

I thought that but couldn't tell from the video. he looks great! (no homo)

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

7/14/2018 8:46 AM

He looks thin! Been doing something! You don't look like that sitting on the couch.

|

Did i do that?

7/14/2018 8:47 AM

100 bux if he he finishes top 5.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

7/14/2018 8:48 AM

BR8ES wrote:

100 bux if he he finishes top 5.

You pay 100 if he finishes top 5 in any race?

|

7/14/2018 8:50 AM

"I feel I've taken a step back. I realize who I am; what I've accomplished. The markets that I reach and the products I can sell on a global basis and I feel I EASILY do that better than anybody currently racing. Um, and I'm not prepared to go racing on my own anymore. Somebody needs to help or it's time to do something else."

It's time to do something else.

|

7/14/2018 8:51 AM

Good riddance

|

7/14/2018 8:55 AM

"The sport pushed all its superstars away."

Meanwhile, Tomac, Roczen, Musquin, Anderson, et al all seem to be doing just fine.

|

7/14/2018 8:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/14/2018 8:58 AM

BR8ES wrote:

100 bux if he he finishes top 5.

crusty_xx wrote:

You pay 100 if he finishes top 5 in any race?

No!! Season and to me if he doesn't,
If he does them i pay out. May be a tall feat for even a race.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

7/14/2018 9:01 AM

tingo wrote:

"The sport pushed all its superstars away."

Meanwhile, Tomac, Roczen, Musquin, Anderson, et al all seem to be doing just fine.

Maybe he's referring to Stewart...

|

7/14/2018 9:02 AM

tingo wrote:

"The sport pushed all its superstars away."

Meanwhile, Tomac, Roczen, Musquin, Anderson, et al all seem to be doing just fine.

I think he was talking about the early departures of the past.

|

Did i do that?

7/14/2018 9:03 AM

BR8ES wrote:

100 bux if he he finishes top 5.

crusty_xx wrote:

You pay 100 if he finishes top 5 in any race?

BR8ES wrote:

No!! Season and to me if he doesn't,
If he does them i pay out. May be a tall feat for even a race.

For a race I'd be in. For a season not pinch

|

7/14/2018 9:15 AM

Nobody is better about making people talk about Chad Reed than Chad Reed

No way he calls it quits without some kind of "farewell tour" for the fans. Maybe select races with some kind of limited help, like a certain team hauls his bike or lets him pit under their tent, etc.

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

7/14/2018 9:23 AM

The guy can still be a top 10 threat, don't see him being top 5 with the field as deep as it is.

Where would he go? The only realistic option is a team like Motoconcepts. I don't see any of the factory teams investing in Chad.

|