Official: Chad Reed has been Penalized and Fined

dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
4/5/2017 8:47am
dsmith wrote:
Yamaha corp. has got to have smoke coming out of their ears.....im sayin hes fired before the end of the season or at the end.
stremme12 wrote:
I'll take that bet that he doesn't get fired. $100?
Crush wrote:
If he's not riding next year it won't have shit to do with this event.
where in my post does it say bet?.just sayin thatd be my guess...

https://youtu.be/N57SxyxUhTQ?ecver=2" width="480" height="360
moco
4/5/2017 8:49am
StevieD113 wrote:
I dont get it. If Dungey couldn't pass a guy lapping 2 seconds slower than him for 3 laps what makes people think he could have...
I dont get it. If Dungey couldn't pass a guy lapping 2 seconds slower than him for 3 laps what makes people think he could have made a pass on Eli who was lapping at, at least the same pace if not faster....
I saw loads of opportunities Dungey could have passed him. Reed wasn't swerving all over the track blocking him, he was holding his line.
All Dungey needed to do was to show Reed a wheel. (you know.. actually go faster than Reed!..) He never once got close enough to do so
He simply slowed down to his pace and followed.

Maybe Reed was pushing his luck a little, was it was intentional? Maybe... probably... but Dungey should have just blown past him or parked him. We all know Reed wouldn't have hesitated if the roles were reversed...
Awesome post. Maybe you will have time to review the tape with Dungey to show him the "loads of opportunities" that he had to pass Reed...
Awesome post. Maybe you will have time to review the tape with Dungey to show him the "loads of opportunities" that he had to pass Reed. While you're at it, maybe you can also show Dungey how easy it is to park someone at Supercross speeds, without impeding your own progress. And your "showing him a wheel" concept.... that is world class strategy.
The issue at this point is not of the potential effect of the race outcome.
Its about officially establishing Reed as douchebag.
4/5/2017 10:56am
resetjet wrote:
X2

Markee wrote:
Hell yeah
agn5009 wrote:
Obviously Dungey was faster, he was battling for the lead while Chad was battling for 16th. Last time I checked, dungey is currently winning the championship...
Obviously Dungey was faster, he was battling for the lead while Chad was battling for 16th. Last time I checked, dungey is currently winning the championship and reed is in...... I don't even know, 10th or 12th maybe? I have no idea because he's been irrelevant all year.

Chad didn't get tough on Twitter because he got his Peter slapped by someone and had to go inactive for a while. Which basically tells me he was being a jack ass there too and had to take a break.

Chad sure showed how tough he was, getting lapped, magically upping his pace 2 seconds a lap faster while Dungey was behind him (why didn't mister tough guy go that fast all race long and finish better?) and impeding an actual championship contenders race. Do you know how hard it is to pass a professional on a supercross track? Any lapper could easily end a leaders night if they wanted. The fact is, most guys out there are better than that.

I will say this though, considering Reed has been irrelevant all year he did need to do something to get back in the spotlight. It's only fitting that he chose a championship contender that is highly respected in the pits and is without a doubt one of the cleanest riders out there. Maybe Chad should have taken on the knight and shining armour role and take out barcia or freise? That would have at least given him a little bit of the spotlight.

Edit since internet people aren't good at sarcasm, those last few sentences are sarcasm. I wouldn't want to see Chad take freise or barcia out.
Right on man!!!!! Reed made a mistake. He should have been blacked flagged after ignoring over 36 blue flags!!! I used to love that guy. I've met him many many times being an ex pro photographer for the series. But damn man. This sucks for him. He's probably going to lose lots of old school clean credit from a lot of us. Why can't he ride like Kdub? Never messing with anyone!!!!
Singer is respected for being one of the cleanest and intelligent riders to ever make it to the podiums this much. He could have taken chad out about 25-30 times and he chose not too. Probably thinking at any second reed will finally love over. I respect finger even more now for that. Everyone would have been backing dungey if he would have taken him out on a corner because that's what he deserved. But we all should be giving props to dungey for NOT doing that.

I've interviewed him, reed and windham and dungey and windham take the cake as for being highly intelligent racers even while they are in the heat of a race!!!!!! It's one of the most difficult things to do. I've been racing for 31yrs and I still can't think my best when in the heat of racing. I can never stay calm enough. I also failed at making an attempt at the old BooKoo arenacross series and was about the slowest rider out there with no support and I couldn't even do all the sections. There is so much pressure when you are on floor racing that I almost had a heart attack and I sucked at arenacross. I can't imagine what they go through. They make it look so much easier than it really is.

Just go try and race Expert or pro near district 37 in California or an arenacross race and you will see and feel what these guys go through.
Chad fucked up!!!!!!!!!!!! It should have been a black flag with $10,000 fine so everyone would learn from it. He still made money by racing this race. He gets paid even if he doesn't finish the race. It's part of his contract.
SLYDER
4/5/2017 11:55am
okay i guess i will add my opinion
here it is..........

The Shop

4/5/2017 1:47pm Edited Date/Time 4/5/2017 1:47pm
IceMan446 wrote:
He has had no problem bumping and banging with other riders. His problem is if they are a "bigger" name rider he wont do it. Always...
He has had no problem bumping and banging with other riders.

His problem is if they are a "bigger" name rider he wont do it. Always been that way.

Edit* Except for Stew, no problem torpedoing him lol
He has had no problem bumping and banging with other riders.

For a position, that's the whole point. Bumping and banging with reed wouldn't gain him a position. And he shouldn't have to move him out of the way, since he's a lapper.
4/5/2017 1:54pm
SLYDER wrote:
okay i guess i will add my opinion here it is.......... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/04/05/185970/s1200_chad_reed_loves_dungey_1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/04/05/185971/s1200_chad_reed_t_p_1.jpg[/img]
here it is..........

How much is Tampax paying him? Must be a pretty big sponsor if he got a tat on his arm.
SLYDER
4/5/2017 3:13pm
SLYDER wrote:
okay i guess i will add my opinion here it is.......... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/04/05/185970/s1200_chad_reed_loves_dungey_1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/04/05/185971/s1200_chad_reed_t_p_1.jpg[/img]
here it is..........

How much is Tampax paying him? Must be a pretty big sponsor if he got a tat on his arm.
no cash just a lifetime of tampax pearlsSmile
SLYDER
4/7/2017 4:42pm
chad reed has sent out a apology to ryan dungey.
the end !

Monte122
4/7/2017 5:01pm
I don't know if this has been mentioned, he was able to up his pace by 2 sec a lap while holding Dungey.
My question is this.. Would the team manager or mechanic question Reed about this?
It was obvious he could go faster, but chose not to until Dungey was behind him.
Corey_Tallent
4/8/2017 9:18pm
I dont know what the double standard for the AMA/FIM precedents they are setting the past couple of years. Yes, Reed should have gotten out of the way and penalized and he was, but the thing that gets me is when Peick punched Friese and the AMA/FIM made such a big deal about it and fined Peick, etc....but I noticed they used the footage of the punching incident in advertisements for Supercross this year, so I am assuming they must have actually thought it was great promotional material for the sport. Double standard.
F.B
4/8/2017 9:39pm
I dont know what the double standard for the AMA/FIM precedents they are setting the past couple of years. Yes, Reed should have gotten out of...
I dont know what the double standard for the AMA/FIM precedents they are setting the past couple of years. Yes, Reed should have gotten out of the way and penalized and he was, but the thing that gets me is when Peick punched Friese and the AMA/FIM made such a big deal about it and fined Peick, etc....but I noticed they used the footage of the punching incident in advertisements for Supercross this year, so I am assuming they must have actually thought it was great promotional material for the sport. Double standard.
The AMA/FIM has nothing to do with the broadcast, advertisements etc...

Post a reply to: Official: Chad Reed has been Penalized and Fined

The Latest