Official: Chad Reed has been Penalized and Fined

4/4/2017 12:42am
GuyB wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/04/03/185681/s1200_040317keith.jpg[/img]

Is that Mike Gosselaar?
FIREfish148
4/4/2017 12:58am
Mickolobe7 wrote:
Ive have been waiting along time for someone to comment on Chad's whole CRtutu. Love the picture fits him good. I was a never a Reed...
Ive have been waiting along time for someone to comment on Chad's whole CRtutu. Love the picture fits him good. I was a never a Reed fan but still had respect for the guy now Reed who? He needs to hang the boots up for a tutu with a butt patch. Sore Loser
He needs to hang the boots up for a tutu with a butt patch? Wtf does that even mean? Like a butt patch that says "sore loser", Or just a blank butt patch?

Sure he's a sore loser, that's why he has more wins than all but 4 riders in supercross, ever.
CalRMX
4/4/2017 1:10am
They should remove his US ciitzenship and send him back to Australia, what he did was treason
Crush
4/4/2017 1:24am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2017 1:24am
GuyB wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/04/03/185681/s1200_040317keith.jpg[/img]

Is that Mike Gosselaar?
McCarty holding the sign, Bevo on the far left, Ozzy with the JT board.

The Shop

harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
4/4/2017 1:32am
kaptkaos wrote:
Wow, Feld/FIM did something....impressed!

GuyB wrote:
Feld's not in charge of enforcing the rules. That's the AMA/FIM domain.
What rules? The penalty imposed is not listed in the rulebook as a penalty for this particular offense. I don't agree with what Reed did, but you can't make up penalties as you go along...
ctbale
4/4/2017 2:01am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2017 2:05am
What rules? The penalty imposed is not listed in the rulebook as a penalty for this particular offense. I don't agree with what Reed did, but...
What rules? The penalty imposed is not listed in the rulebook as a penalty for this particular offense. I don't agree with what Reed did, but you can't make up penalties as you go along...
Yes, yes, yes they can, and per the rules, aint nuthin nobody can do about it!! They could have suspended him for the rest of the series, end of story. Hell they could have givin chads 5 points to dungey, nuthin, done, no avenue for appeal. (that would have really pissed off tutu!!

4/4/2017 2:22am
Crush wrote:
McCarty holding the sign, Bevo on the far left, Ozzy with the JT board.
Damnit Crush! You ruined my bad joke.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
4/4/2017 2:31am
moscrop940 wrote:
Chad didn't ride crazy, he held his line...if Dungey is so much faster it shouldn't have been an issue. What I do love though is Dunge...
Chad didn't ride crazy, he held his line...if Dungey is so much faster it shouldn't have been an issue.

What I do love though is Dunge made his comment on the podium, Chad didn't say shit, didn't get all tough on twitter, but he SHOWED Dungey how he felt....nothing wrong with that.

Something to be said for no talk and all action in a generation full of snowflakes
burnside wrote:
Held his line? He blocked the race line... Have you seen the lap times? Reed sped up significantly to stay in front of Dungey. They were...
Held his line? He blocked the race line... Have you seen the lap times? Reed sped up significantly to stay in front of Dungey. They were his fastest 3 laps. Kind of ironic.

Theres no excusing this and what a terrible sportsman example to give to kid racers out there.

Im huge Reed fan, but this was a really shitty move that tarnishes his epic legacy.

I really hope he gets in front of this and apologises publicly.

As a fan, I have faith that he will.

toroP wrote:
Fiction. Those were not his fastest 3 laps.
You are correct, there was only two laps when improved his lap time, laps 16 and 17 (17 and 18 for Dunge)

His fastest lap was a 52.9 early in the race, then a 53.1 he then dropped into the high 54 to low 55s until he was about to be lapped by Dungey and then posted his 3rd and 4th fastest laps times, a 53.1 and 53.3 from memory before then dropping back in to the high 54s low 55s

Long time Reed fan, and it looks pretty clear why he done what he did.

It was not a great look, but I doubt he would take it back or really care what anyone else thinks, but who knows for sure.

He was getting lapped he should have moved out the way with in a couple of corners, he eventually did pull over, no reason it could not have been done earlier.

The penalty is fair and we all move on.

Would love to see Chad Reed Battling Dungey again next weekend, hopefully this time for the main event win.

As for Dungey he did not have a lap time above the 53 second mark until lap 17, he was able to get past the five other lapped riders prior to getting to Reed without dropping his lap time for what it is worth.
51xc
4/4/2017 3:38am
now we can probably listen to that riders union crap again for the next 2 months. well done dungey...Silly
kijen
4/4/2017 4:20am
While they are passing out fines, why not fine the track builder for building a track with only one racing line, they say it themselves in their press release. This is why I view sx as an exibition of riders with great talent, mx is those guys actually racing.
Crush
4/4/2017 4:26am
kijen wrote:
While they are passing out fines, why not fine the track builder for building a track with only one racing line, they say it themselves in...
While they are passing out fines, why not fine the track builder for building a track with only one racing line, they say it themselves in their press release. This is why I view sx as an exibition of riders with great talent, mx is those guys actually racing.
Fuckin lot of 90s on that track.

I wish they'd just get like the 10 best tracks that produced the best racing the last 20 years and just copy them...
ayearinmx
4/4/2017 4:27am
"handed the win to his title rival."

Anyone else seeing the irony with this statement after Dungey got so (rightfully) pissed after Roczens crash when someone said he's been handed the title. Tomac must read that and be like.... Wait a second....
Funyun
4/4/2017 4:57am
moscrop940 wrote:
Chad didn't ride crazy, he held his line...if Dungey is so much faster it shouldn't have been an issue. What I do love though is Dunge...
Chad didn't ride crazy, he held his line...if Dungey is so much faster it shouldn't have been an issue.

What I do love though is Dunge made his comment on the podium, Chad didn't say shit, didn't get all tough on twitter, but he SHOWED Dungey how he felt....nothing wrong with that.

Something to be said for no talk and all action in a generation full of snowflakes
I agree, snowflakes like Reed riding around in 16th place and blocking people because their feelings got hurt by some words are ridiculous.
YamaLink
4/4/2017 5:25am
ACBraap wrote:
And Davalos will come up just short of the points that would bump to 450s. Glad to see the officials get something right. A little light...
And Davalos will come up just short of the points that would bump to 450s.

Glad to see the officials get something right. A little light on the penalty, but not the worst they've done.
Now that was funny!
YamaLink
4/4/2017 5:31am
Can't wait for Jamie Little's Q&A with 22 as he's preparing for the Heat. Will we hear "it was a racing incident" or "it is what it is" like Chad always says. Could surpass the Davalos deer-in-headlights look after his heat race interview.
Kenny Lingus
4/4/2017 6:56am
It's been my experience that when a penalty like this is given post race (Chad should have been black flagged), it is usually the result of teams going to the race director and basically pulling the 'Do this or I take my toys home' type of bs. They have a black flag for just this purpose. Does KTM or Dungey think Chad will be over it now? Next week will be epic.

I still haven't received my refund from last week.Laughing
GangGreen
4/4/2017 7:09am
What rules? The penalty imposed is not listed in the rulebook as a penalty for this particular offense. I don't agree with what Reed did, but...
I think most everyone here agrees that the AMA has been inconsistent in handling rules since the 1980’s. Not sure FIM or Feld handles this piece of the event.

During the March 26th RacerX Podcast;

Jason Weigant, “We’ve now seen what, 13 different types, of penalties?”
Jason Thomas , “It’s just crazy”
Jason Weigant, “Black Flags, Suspension, Probation, Positions Taken Away, Last Gate Pick in Main, Warnings. It’s impossible to be consistent now.”

Although the 14.7 Flags and Lights Rule should probably be changed, more in line with how Formula 1 handles on-track situations. If they Black Flag a rider, and then realize they made a mistake, there’s no undoing it. All penalties are handled after the event, except fighting. It gives the teams a chance to appeal and both teams and officials time to watch additional video. Maybe this incident will bring about change.
4/4/2017 7:21am
Paul333 wrote:
I've read that the crowd was actually booing Reed during or immediately after the race. Is this true?
I was there. The crowd definitely realized what was happening after about the 2nd time Dungey *almost got by Reed but then Reed would hit the gas. So then every time it seemed like Chad could move over but didn't, there was a very audible exasperation "Ohhh..." (not really a boo, but not cheering either) from the crowd. It was kind of like the sound the crowd makes when someone almost crashes but saves it. It was extremely obvious in person what was going on.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
4/4/2017 7:26am
GIwasB4 wrote:
I would expect better out of the man moderator? Racing is racing and if you have to pass me while lapping me, you best pass me...
I would expect better out of the man moderator?
Racing is racing and if you have to pass me while lapping me, you best pass me, I'm not moving over.
Pussies.
How about get your slow ass out of the way.
mototyme
Fantasy
4389th
4/4/2017 8:56am
Does this mean that the FIM/AMA will be enforcing the blue flag rule for all riders not complying?
4/4/2017 9:10am
mototyme wrote:
Does this mean that the FIM/AMA will be enforcing the blue flag rule for all riders not complying?
HAHAH!

Great joke man.
thearclite
4/4/2017 11:16am
New Rule: Once you go a lap down, you must pull off into the safe space.
So the leader has to deal with traffic, and second gets a clear track?? This might work!
kiwifan
4/4/2017 12:12pm
Reggsie wrote:
Maybe it's just because I'm Australian, but I really feel this is all overblown. The punishment seems fair enough, but the reaction is weird. I don't...
Maybe it's just because I'm Australian, but I really feel this is all overblown. The punishment seems fair enough, but the reaction is weird.

I don't know about you guys, but I never saw Reed block Dungey in any way. There were times when Dungey would drop more than a second back behind Reed. It didn't look like a blocker intentionally taking away better lines from a faster rider, it looked like someone struggling to pass someone not much slower than them.

Someone said before that those three laps were Reed's fastest. I don't doubt that, and I don't doubt that he sped up in order to keep in front of Dungey. But he was just riding. Riding faster, and therefore Dungey found it hard to pass him. He did it for a bit of payback for sure, but that's not the same as intentionally blocking a faster rider.

Lappers aren't obliged to pump out slow laps. They're obliged to stay out of the way, they're not obliged to get passed.

Just like the Stewart situation last year, massively overblown.
TbonesPop wrote:
It's because you are Australian and you are biased for Reed. I was at the race in person, and Reed was riding intentionally in the main...
It's because you are Australian and you are biased for Reed. I was at the race in person, and Reed was riding intentionally in the main race line and in some cases going out of his was to ride in lines that would slow down Dungey. The rules are very clear - they are already posted all over this website in various threads. Reed wasn't "holding his line" and "letting the faster riders pass". He road blocked him for 3 laps. He was cross jumping the first jump out of the finish line corner going from the left line to the right line, then after the ensuing rhythm section he would take the inside line on the 180 then cross jump to the outside left line. Then after the 2 dragon backs he would jump from the outside line to the inside right line. He was all over the place and most certainly "wasn't holding his line". He was definitely guilty of what he was penalized for. I get that he was pissed about what Dungey said, and he had every right to be pissed. Reed rode a great heat race and Dungey was whining over nothing. But in the main event, he proved his new nickname to be accurate - "douche douche" because he was blatantly ignoring the blue flags and intentionally trying to hold up Dungey. Then at the end of the race after it was over, Dungey made a WTF-man hand gesture to Reed and Reed gave him a little hand gesture back insinuating paybacks a bitch, he knew what he was doing.

Trying to rationalize what he did as anything other than what he was penalized for is ridiculous. I don't know how well it was shown on TV, but in person it was blatant.
Agreed, well said.

Post a reply to: Official: Chad Reed has been Penalized and Fined

The Latest