Chad Reed on the MXGP of UK

line-up
Edited Date/Time 6/20/2016 1:54pm
https://www.instagram.com/p/BG3pClfGpFD

crtwotwoHad a blast this weekend
The feeling is actually pretty good pace not so bad just not in Mx shape pretty simple really.
Track was awesome love and prefer the euro style of riding comes a little more natural to me
Really surprised how decent the feeling with the bike and track was probably the most fun I've had outdoors since 2011
Track was super gnarly with huge jumps to no landings so woke up Sunday morning already beat up
|
line-up
6/20/2016 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2016 2:23pm

Thanks to the whole @monsterenergy @yamaharacingcomofficial @mxgp team next level race team for sure I've learned a lot over the past weeks with them and even fixed a few issues we struggled with in SX
gt80rider
6/20/2016 4:30pm
What little they showed of him on TV he looked to be hauling ass... glad to hear he had a good time and learned a lot...
sundios
6/20/2016 4:43pm
Why is he using a letter on his number?
what does that means?

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
6/20/2016 5:21pm
line-up wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BG3pClfGpFD crtwotwoHad a blast this weekend The feeling is actually pretty good pace not so bad just not in Mx shape pretty simple really. Track was...

The feeling is actually pretty good pace not so bad just not in Mx shape pretty simple really.
Track was awesome love and prefer the euro style of riding comes a little more natural to me
Really surprised how decent the feeling with the bike and track was probably the most fun I've had outdoors since 2011
Track was super gnarly with huge jumps to no landings so woke up Sunday morning already beat up
G was for guest. Why they had him run it I don't know
6/20/2016 5:23pm
line-up wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BG3pClfGpFD crtwotwoHad a blast this weekend The feeling is actually pretty good pace not so bad just not in Mx shape pretty simple really. Track was...

mattyhamz2 wrote:
"G" was for Guissepe
vschaik141
6/20/2016 5:30pm
line-up wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Kevin Strijbos is in the MXGP class with #22
vschaik141
6/20/2016 5:31pm
Juat great to see him at matterley! He was the reason i went there and there were so many people cheering for m! Can't wait for mantova we start drivin thursday to get there. Remember his 1st moto there at the of nations him vs cairoli
kevin204
Fantasy
2870th
6/20/2016 6:08pm
He looked pretty good in the first moto until the 20 minute mark, then he was moving out of the way.
mx_563
6/20/2016 9:30pm
I went to a lot of GPs in 2001 when Reed rode for Jan de Groot's Kawi team. Other than the win in Lierop, he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire. The following year he was in the US. So I don't know about this "I prefer Euro tracks" comment. The tracks he was mediocre at in 2001? Are those the tracks he's talking about?

I'm not saying the tracks are better or worse, but I don't remember him praising the "Euro" tracks after the various MXoN events he's raced in over there.

I wonder if he would enjoy Bellbuig, Sevlievo or Kartenring. Those are Euro tracks too.

The tracks are so different anyway. What is a "Euro Track" ? What does Loket have in common with Lommel? Flat landings? That might be the only thing.

I don't know man, I'm reading his comments and just rolling my eyes. It's like Luongo was telling him what to type or something.
Crush
6/20/2016 9:38pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2016 9:48pm
mx_563 wrote:
I went to a lot of GPs in 2001 when Reed rode for Jan de Groot's Kawi team. Other than the win in Lierop, he wasn't...
I went to a lot of GPs in 2001 when Reed rode for Jan de Groot's Kawi team. Other than the win in Lierop, he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire. The following year he was in the US. So I don't know about this "I prefer Euro tracks" comment. The tracks he was mediocre at in 2001? Are those the tracks he's talking about?

I'm not saying the tracks are better or worse, but I don't remember him praising the "Euro" tracks after the various MXoN events he's raced in over there.

I wonder if he would enjoy Bellbuig, Sevlievo or Kartenring. Those are Euro tracks too.

The tracks are so different anyway. What is a "Euro Track" ? What does Loket have in common with Lommel? Flat landings? That might be the only thing.

I don't know man, I'm reading his comments and just rolling my eyes. It's like Luongo was telling him what to type or something.
He's made this comment in the past... and it kinda goes back to Oz tracks and Euro tracks sticking to their own natural state a little more, instead of AMA's attempts to homogenise with woodchips, sawdust, sand and tons of water at each round...

It means the tracks form a little more naturally, the dirt is true its own state no matter how deep the rut and the lines are generally more flowing.

Re his results... what is fire for a rookie then? Round race results read:

3, 2, 1, 2, 3, 2, 9, 3, 3, 11, 5, 6, DNF, 8.... from http://www.yamaha-racing.com/mxgp/results/race/116678/federici-s-first-…
kevin204
Fantasy
2870th
6/20/2016 9:55pm
mx_563 wrote:
I went to a lot of GPs in 2001 when Reed rode for Jan de Groot's Kawi team. Other than the win in Lierop, he wasn't...

A lot of sweeping wide through turns and carrying momentum, as opposed to point and shoot in AMA racing is mostly what he's referring to, IMO.
DoctorJD
6/21/2016 11:56am
Not a popular opinion here...but I agree.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
6/21/2016 12:22pm
line-up wrote:

I think Reed is and has pretty much always been very much into the moment. Meaning whatever he is doing or wherever he is at that point in time is always the best ever until he gets burned out and moves onto something different. I think humans are like that in general and there's nothing wrong with it but it tends to lead to people over analyzing and making too much out of things that people say and do.
500guy
6/21/2016 12:25pm
mx_563 wrote:

This is just another way to get a dig in on the series he blames for not wanting to follow the rules.

Monster pays the bills , He's going to suck up to them. and dis the Red Bull series devils.
Dave #125
6/21/2016 2:02pm
Im a Reed fan but how can he say the pace wasnt gnarly?? 3-4secs off each lap??
Walloper
6/21/2016 3:28pm
Dave #125 wrote:
Im a Reed fan but how can he say the pace wasnt gnarly?? 3-4secs off each lap??
He said it wasn't too gnarly.
hillbilly
6/21/2016 3:52pm
I used to hate hearing the mini dads complaining about the un ripped track knowing they would bend to them.

Rutted fubar tracks make a man of you,plowed is like riding in my cornfield,point and shoot.
struth
6/21/2016 3:55pm
So why did m .alessi suck so bad last year at mxgp...n reed did OK coming off a break.
DPW
6/21/2016 4:02pm
struth wrote:
So why did m .alessi suck so bad last year at mxgp...n reed did OK coming off a break.
Comparing Reed to Alessi? Wink
mx317
6/21/2016 4:24pm
DoctorJD wrote:
I agree too! Too many local tracks ripped so deep it's like riding a mud race.
motomike137
6/21/2016 4:32pm
DoctorJD wrote:
mx317 wrote:
I agree too! Too many local tracks ripped so deep it's like riding a mud race.
I hate it when they turn into slot car tracks.

Post a reply to: Chad Reed on the MXGP of UK

The Latest