Chad Reed - Whiskey throttle show

Ted722
8/8/2020 1:18am
Good show, looking forward to Part 2. What a career. Reed’s a good listen.

Speaking of listen, I like Langston’s input especially with Reed. Competitors, Teammates, GP’s, world travel, off-track engagements, etc. Some great bench racing.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
8/8/2020 1:31am
Ted722 wrote:
Good show, looking forward to Part 2. What a career. Reed’s a good listen. Speaking of listen, I like Langston’s input especially with Reed. Competitors, Teammates...

Speaking of listen, I like Langston’s input especially with Reed. Competitors, Teammates, GP’s, world travel, off-track engagements, etc. Some great bench racing.
Absolutely nothing wrong with what GL does or how he interacts. It's bench racing..couch munching...call it what you will.
8/8/2020 4:08am
Ted722 wrote:
Good show, looking forward to Part 2. What a career. Reed’s a good listen. Speaking of listen, I like Langston’s input especially with Reed. Competitors, Teammates...

Boomslang wrote:
Absolutely nothing wrong with what GL does or how he interacts. It's bench racing..couch munching...call it what you will.
Reedy didn’t seem to have a problem cutting him off anyway lol
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
8/8/2020 4:26am
Ted722 wrote:

Boomslang wrote:
Reedy didn’t seem to have a problem cutting him off anyway lol
They've known each other for years, raced each other, partied together and share a common interest. People that keep criticizing is what gets me....

The Shop

AxlBundy
8/8/2020 4:29am
I thought it was fabulous. Stoked for part 2. What a leap of faith by Chad and Ellie. Not often do you see a couple last on at that level of sucess
8/8/2020 5:30am
tobz wrote:
Pretty good listen, ya-know.
Ya know, ya know, ya know. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
TimR
8/8/2020 5:45am
Whiskey throttle show is awesome. Just listened to Chad episode part 1 and was not dissapointed. I usually cringe abit when GL interrupts a guest with his own storys but this time it was really intresting hearing GLs side aswell since he raced and partyed with Chad.

Keep it up Ping and GL.
CPR
8/8/2020 5:49am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2020 5:50am
I’ve always loved Reedy the racer, because of his style, drive and grit. But what stands out to me more these days, is the sharpness of his mind, in business, engineering and tuning.
I could see him being the next ‘Roger Decoster’.
toroP
8/8/2020 6:39am
CPR wrote:
I’ve always loved Reedy the racer, because of his style, drive and grit. But what stands out to me more these days, is the sharpness of...
I’ve always loved Reedy the racer, because of his style, drive and grit. But what stands out to me more these days, is the sharpness of his mind, in business, engineering and tuning.
His memory is remarkable. He’ll recall races from 15-20 years ago, name the city, describe a specific rhythm section, and the riders who had issues. He does this kind of thing all the time. I can’t remember if this is my first or second cup of coffee.
8/8/2020 7:19am
TimR wrote:
Whiskey throttle show is awesome. Just listened to Chad episode part 1 and was not dissapointed. I usually cringe abit when GL interrupts a guest with...
Whiskey throttle show is awesome. Just listened to Chad episode part 1 and was not dissapointed. I usually cringe abit when GL interrupts a guest with his own storys but this time it was really intresting hearing GLs side aswell since he raced and partyed with Chad.

Keep it up Ping and GL.
That was good actually, gl forgets he not the guest at some points on each show. Chad wasn’t letting him hijack his interview 😂😂😂😂
stonerb
8/8/2020 8:14am
I’ve reached out... but he’s a unicorn. Maybe someday.
I know it will be a hard one to get, but it would be a damn good episode!
mooch
Fantasy
501st
8/8/2020 10:51am
A lotta awesome shows...RC and this have been my favorites so far. Keep up the great work!

I'm assuming the Yamaha management Reed's referring to is McCarty?

8/8/2020 10:57am
We finished part two... and only made it up to the start of TwoTwo Motorsports. Part two will go up next week, part 3 will follow...
We finished part two... and only made it up to the start of TwoTwo Motorsports. Part two will go up next week, part 3 will follow that. His recollection is so sharp, and he isn't afraid to tell stories, so it's taking some time to get through it all. I'm enjoying the hell out of it. stay tuned...
stonerb wrote:
Fuck yeah! Now, lure Bubba out of his cave and get him on and I can die happy.
I’ve reached out... but he’s a unicorn. Maybe someday.
James SR would also be awesome
8/8/2020 1:13pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2020 1:14pm
I’ve loved all WTS episodes so far, but this is by far my favorite. Reed is so honest and cool and his stories are just amazing. Thank you Ping, GL and co. for making these
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2410th
8/8/2020 1:56pm
We finished part two... and only made it up to the start of TwoTwo Motorsports. Part two will go up next week, part 3 will follow...
We finished part two... and only made it up to the start of TwoTwo Motorsports. Part two will go up next week, part 3 will follow that. His recollection is so sharp, and he isn't afraid to tell stories, so it's taking some time to get through it all. I'm enjoying the hell out of it. stay tuned...
Love what you are doing Ping... you keep things on track. You are well spoken, and know when to let the guest speak. Very good show brother.
byke
8/8/2020 3:54pm
+1, great interview. He's looking pretty lean too.
CPR
8/8/2020 4:51pm
mooch wrote:
A lotta awesome shows...RC and this have been my favorites so far. Keep up the great work! I'm assuming the Yamaha management Reed's referring to is...
A lotta awesome shows...RC and this have been my favorites so far. Keep up the great work!

I'm assuming the Yamaha management Reed's referring to is McCarty?

Yeah from this interview and others, it’s pretty obvious he believes Keith McCarty is where the issues start at Yamaha.
Reed’s not the only one to infer that as well.
TogaSet
Fantasy
3894th
8/8/2020 8:05pm
Decoster is the man. Reed is “ the Boss”.
Talisker
8/8/2020 8:14pm
Wow, great casual interview!!! Can’t wait for episodes 2 and 3.
8/8/2020 9:12pm
Just listening to it now - was curious why Chad kept referencing his kelpie, Shawn so much...

Then I realised he was saying Mickael Pichon, not my kelpie shawn.

Duh.
dvfan12
8/8/2020 9:21pm
Great show....! Great insight. thanks, Ping & GL
8/8/2020 9:31pm
Sounded like GL might have the Rona, or just a smokers cough. I noticed McGrath seemed to be intrigued that they came to him....sounds like you need to work that angle
RudyRayMo
8/9/2020 1:24am
stonerb wrote:
Fuck yeah! Now, lure Bubba out of his cave and get him on and I can die happy.
His will be the only one to tops Carey Hart’s.... I love to hear the other pros talk about him too, doing crazy ish they never could do. Tedesco brought up a story about the quad in Dallas in 02 lol
Sully
8/9/2020 6:24am
Talisker wrote:
Wow, great casual interview!!! Can’t wait for episodes 2 and 3.
He seemed to start really warming up just prior to the halfway point of the show. Once he and GL started sharing combined stories, it went from interview to three buddies shooting the shit about great old stories. Really looking forward to eps. 2 & 3.
Moto520
8/9/2020 7:54am
Great show! Much appreciated
8/10/2020 9:09am
face biter wrote:
Another great episode, I’m looking forward to the next installments. It is pretty cool to hear the stories and experiences vs the usual interviews that are...
Another great episode, I’m looking forward to the next installments.
It is pretty cool to hear the stories and experiences vs the usual interviews that are nothing more than a chance to pump up some exposure for the guests, and give them yet another chance to pimp their sponsors.
In my opinion the show is perfect, they’re having a BS session and DP has his notes handy to keep things moving. I personally think it would be a mistake to change the format and turn it in to a dry, formal interview.
This ^
AH387
8/10/2020 9:22am
CPR wrote:
I’ve always loved Reedy the racer, because of his style, drive and grit. But what stands out to me more these days, is the sharpness of...
I agree. His whole story is just remarkable. And he just seems to be so keen on everything. How he remembers everything, his knowledge about the bike and how they work etc. Plus his whole business approach I have always admired. He just sees a broad picture to everything, not just show up and ride. And I think that is why he could be like a Decoster type. I don't know if he would want to do that, but I think he could.
kawboy627
8/10/2020 10:22am
You guys do an amazing job with the show, keep up the good work!

Post a reply to: Chad Reed - Whiskey throttle show

The Latest