Chad Reed Team Manager for the USA at MXdN?

VetTracker
12/20/2018 5:29pm
Listened to his podcast and he said he wants the job! Love Roger but he's probably over it at this point. Maybe a fresh approach could yield better results. Obviously the fact that he is not a US born American (he is a citizen) shouldn't matter as neither is DeCoster

Has my vote!
|
byke
12/20/2018 5:52pm Edited Date/Time 12/20/2018 5:52pm
Chad has become a real finger pointer prima donna kind of guy that always has to have the full high end kit or else he's not riding, unlike Wilson or Barcia who will do whatever it takes. That's something I've never liked about him. Maybe a change is needed, but I wouldn't vote for Reed to go. Maybe somebody like Erik Kehoe, Steve Lamson, Jimmy Button...basically an ex-racer that has some decent experience running something and doesn't like to blame the hardware.
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
12/20/2018 5:54pm
Nothing against Chad.
But I would much rather see R.C as Team USA Manager.
mx317
12/20/2018 5:55pm
Decoster is still doing fine.
beamer
12/20/2018 5:56pm
Fawk no !!!

The Shop

olds cool
12/20/2018 5:57pm
If there's going to be a change, my vote goes to someone who has been there and actually won that, like RJ. No disrespect to Chad 'cause the guy is a bad man on a dirtcicle.
Natester551v
12/20/2018 6:07pm
I'd love to see Larocco do it...no excuses, former champion, former team manager. Chad would be good too...RC would be cool as well. Those other guys are awesome, but no championships between them...I dunno if they bring the same panache...
mxb2
12/20/2018 6:32pm
Rc, or rv ,dunge. But they probably wdnt want to do it. Reed has had a great career, but not racing outdoors lately. I say no.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2550th
12/20/2018 6:35pm
byke wrote:
Chad has become a real finger pointer prima donna kind of guy that always has to have the full high end kit or else he's not...
Chad has become a real finger pointer prima donna kind of guy that always has to have the full high end kit or else he's not riding, unlike Wilson or Barcia who will do whatever it takes. That's something I've never liked about him. Maybe a change is needed, but I wouldn't vote for Reed to go. Maybe somebody like Erik Kehoe, Steve Lamson, Jimmy Button...basically an ex-racer that has some decent experience running something and doesn't like to blame the hardware.
"always has to have the full high end kit" did you not see what he was racing last year?

and as far as experience.. he started his own team from nothing and was able to win races and be a threat. and with his business mind out side of the MX world. he's got more business knowledge then any other motocross rider ever.

So.

- ex racer
- team owner
- successful business man
- and some one that is able to fight and give the team the best there is for the best possible sucess.

sounds like Reed..
DPR250R
12/20/2018 6:37pm
I would like to see someone that WANTS to do it get the job. Same as the riders.

Gimmie a team with something to prove over a team that feels obligated any day.
VetMX.com
12/20/2018 6:42pm
RV since he raced there and lived there a while or RD.
Natester551v
12/20/2018 6:44pm
mxb2 wrote:
Rc, or rv ,dunge. But they probably wdnt want to do it. Reed has had a great career, but not racing outdoors lately. I say no.
Totally spaced Dunge - he would be an amazing choice!
12/20/2018 6:51pm
You know I'd put Aldon before all of those already listed because just like a great football player doesn't make a great coach, a great MX rider doesn't make a great team manager. That guy Aldon seems to have a way of making guys do better and the runs on the board don't lie.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2550th
12/20/2018 6:56pm
You know I'd put Aldon before all of those already listed because just like a great football player doesn't make a great coach, a great MX...
You know I'd put Aldon before all of those already listed because just like a great football player doesn't make a great coach, a great MX rider doesn't make a great team manager. That guy Aldon seems to have a way of making guys do better and the runs on the board don't lie.
Aldon isn't for every one though.. Its known he has struggled with certain people. AC92 and Kroc for example.I don't think he has the knowledge to make a wining team within a month.

But stats don't lie. he has made some champions over a period of time.
byke
12/20/2018 7:13pm
byke wrote:
Chad has become a real finger pointer prima donna kind of guy that always has to have the full high end kit or else he's not...
"always has to have the full high end kit" did you not see what he was racing last year? and as far as experience.. he started...
"always has to have the full high end kit" did you not see what he was racing last year?

and as far as experience.. he started his own team from nothing and was able to win races and be a threat. and with his business mind out side of the MX world. he's got more business knowledge then any other motocross rider ever.

So.

- ex racer
- team owner
- successful business man
- and some one that is able to fight and give the team the best there is for the best possible sucess.

sounds like Reed..
Yes, but he also said he's not doing it again. He's too into blaming things. That's why I like Roger, no bs, just go do the job and leave.

And no RC either. Have you seen his barn? Bunch of old trick stuff just tossed all over the place and rotting away. Out here that'd be a meth house. I don't think he's organized enough to be a good manager.

https://motocrossactionmag.com/ricky-carmichaels-barn-dust-relics-works…
TeamGreen
12/20/2018 8:56pm
I’d pick Jeremy McGrath
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
12/20/2018 10:00pm
If you are going to pick an ex rider , wouldn’t you want someone who has won the des nations as part of a team ?
T-Fish
Fantasy
199th
12/20/2018 10:42pm
Oh, Chad Reed is still around?
Akira
12/20/2018 11:09pm
The Man or the man on the chair period.
12/20/2018 11:56pm
mxb2 wrote:
Totally spaced Dunge - he would be an amazing choice!
Nah, he‘s too nice. Take RC! According to Matthes, he knew how to motivate his teammates when he was MXdN team captain Evil
12/21/2018 1:36am
FU Chad Greed
None of you realise this is out of spite towards his old mate Micheal Byrne and the rest of the selectors who left him off this years Australian MXoN team. I've been a supporter of the guy since before most of you even knew who he was. No more. The guy is burning bridges faster than the Nazi's in retreat.
Ewan49
12/21/2018 1:45am
FU Chad Greed
None of you realise this is out of spite towards his old mate Micheal Byrne and the rest of the selectors who left him off this...
None of you realise this is out of spite towards his old mate Micheal Byrne and the rest of the selectors who left him off this years Australian MXoN team. I've been a supporter of the guy since before most of you even knew who he was. No more. The guy is burning bridges faster than the Nazi's in retreat.
"None of you realise this is out of spite towards his old mate Michael Byrne and the rest of the selectors who left him off this year's Australian MXoN team."
You are 100% right....nobody realises....but they don't realise because what you are saying is wrong!
12/21/2018 1:49am
FU Chad Greed
None of you realise this is out of spite towards his old mate Micheal Byrne and the rest of the selectors who left him off this...
Ewan49 wrote:
"None of you realise this is out of spite towards his old mate Michael Byrne and the rest of the selectors who left him off this...
"None of you realise this is out of spite towards his old mate Michael Byrne and the rest of the selectors who left him off this year's Australian MXoN team."
You are 100% right....nobody realises....but they don't realise because what you are saying is wrong!
So they're buddies again?
Ewan49
12/21/2018 1:54am
Ewan49 wrote:
"None of you realise this is out of spite towards his old mate Michael Byrne and the rest of the selectors who left him off this...
So they're buddies again?
I have no idea whatsoever if they're buddies again.
But there is no way his motive is out of spite!
12/21/2018 2:35am Edited Date/Time 12/21/2018 2:39am
so you want a aussie SX rider to manage a US MX team ? thats a refreshing view ... i would go for Dungey , has won MXON and a lot more recent MX experience
420sendit
12/21/2018 2:44am
I found that a pretty interesting comment during the podcast as well. I would love to see Mitch Payton leading the effort, however I think Reed would make a good team manager also, just cause he hasn’t won doesn’t mean that he cannot lead a team to victory, he has that fighting sprit and being that USA has been a second home to him it wouldn’t be a huge deal for him to take on the job. MA has sort of turned their nose up at him unfortunately so I don’t blame him for setting his sights at team USA.
Ewan49
12/21/2018 2:46am
so you want a aussie SX rider to manage a US MX team ? thats a refreshing view ... i would go for Dungey , has...
so you want a aussie SX rider to manage a US MX team ? thats a refreshing view ... i would go for Dungey , has won MXON and a lot more recent MX experience
Yeah Reed has never finished 2nd in the MXGP championship, won an AMA MX championship, won individually at the MXoN, raced MX at the very top for years....he has never done any of these things has he?
He is more than capable!

Post a reply to: Chad Reed Team Manager for the USA at MXdN?

The Latest