Chad Reed - My plans for 2019

Related:
Create New Tag

9/27/2018 12:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2018 1:42 PM

What’s up guys,

I thought I'd send you all a note to say hey and thanks for all of the messages of support and give you a little update of what's been happening.

As you can see I've been spending a lot of time riding and testing with the JGR Suzuki guys. I'm really excited to announce that I'll be riding this bike at the AUS-X Open Sydney and S-X Open Auckland events. I feel really comfortable on it and feel like I'm really enjoying my riding again, which is great because the start of the year was tough.

I've been training really hard throughout the summer here in the US and honestly feel like I'm in the best shape I've been in, in years. I'm coming to Australia and Auckland to win the S-X Open FIM Oceania Championship. There's going to be a lot of good guys this year, but I know I'll be ready for it.

I'm really looking forward to coming to Sydney and Auckland. I'll be bringing Ellie and the kids with me for the first time, which will be awesome.

As far as 2019 goes, I still don't have a ride locked in. My plan right now is to do the best I can at the Monster Cup, Sydney and Auckland and try to use my results there to lock in a deal for next year. I'm 100% aiming to line up for A1 ready to race for podiums and wins and will be doing everything I can to do that.

Well, it's time for me to get back to work. Thanks again for your support and I can't wait to see you all.

Cheers

CR22

|

9/27/2018 12:59 PM

As I said in a different thread, I would not be surprised if Vegas comes around and Chad is in title contention, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's retired by Vegas 2019. I hope he goes out with a bang, it would be an awesome story line for one of the greats of the sport.

|

9/27/2018 1:19 PM

That guy is a legend of the sport !

Am i the only one exciting about his futur results on the zook ? Damn i hope he kill these off season races and come with a bang to A1 ! He looks in shape and so motivated right now

|

9/27/2018 1:23 PM

Legend

|

9/27/2018 2:07 PM

Really happy this message is not crypted. Full transparency on what is going on, i am 100% behind him ; as the best privateer in 2018, whereas he started the season way off due to his ankle injury pre RBSR, he really deserves a good ride. No doubt there is still a podium and some top 5 in him, and no doubt a ride will be there too as each year some unfortunate attrition comes into play.

|

9/27/2018 3:24 PM

Kudos to Reed for being out there racing. Title. Contender. Lol, stop it.

|

9/27/2018 7:30 PM

Every year we have the same people come out and say the same thing.. and every year he does the same thing and puts in solid results.
the the exception of his injury and lack of preparation...Look at the guys who finished in front of him and the guys who where behind him.

His last result at MX shows his fitness is still up there. a mud race isn't the easiest race to get through.

Id put Reed Top 5 through the year and and a possible few podiums here and there.

If reed won a race.. (IF being the key word) could you imagine the internet and the outcome that would bring!!! it would be a huge deal! chances are slim but not out of the question.

|

9/27/2018 8:01 PM

If Chad comes into the season fit and healthy he is going to surprised all the haters for sure....However, I just have the feeling that with all this build up, straight rythym(if he does go) and the Aus - x races, a pre-season injury may get him. Fucking hope not though he is still well and truly capable of a win on a good day. And I havent seen him this motivated for years which will make a big difference.

|

9/27/2018 8:21 PM

devindavisphoto wrote:

As I said in a different thread, I would not be surprised if Vegas comes around and Chad is in title contention, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's retired by Vegas 2019. I hope he goes out with a bang, it would be an awesome story line for one of the greats of the sport.

I'm with Devin.. Honestly won't be surprised either way

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

9/27/2018 8:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2018 8:41 PM

Chad is still hungry, fit, and fast. Experience can work in his favor. Anderson had a heroic season avoiding big mistakes and I can't really see him having another flawless season, same can be said with Kenny, Marv, and Eli. Reed managed to make the main every week and average around 12th each week as a privateer with an injured foot all season long. I wouldn't bet against him when he's on a factory bike and healthy. Am I going to bet the house on him winning in 2019? Hell no, but it's possible.

|

9/27/2018 10:59 PM

No matter how Chad does, I'm just happy to see him out there doing what he loves, He's an accomplished competitor who has swallowed a lot of pride to still be out there. This sport needs more people like him. Championships don't sell bikes and gear... coolness does!

|

9/27/2018 11:05 PM

Why have all my posts disappeared???

|

9/28/2018 12:25 AM

Photo
|

9/28/2018 12:53 AM

If Reed wins a main am setting my house on fire.
Photo

|

9/28/2018 1:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2018 1:16 AM

DoubleA wrote:

Photo

Damn bro RIP your trash can if he wins.

|

9/28/2018 1:28 AM

devindavisphoto wrote:

Photo
|

9/28/2018 1:38 AM

DoubleA wrote:

Photo

|

9/28/2018 1:43 AM

He looks fitter now than the previous years on the Yamaha and Husqvarna.

A 100% healthy and fit Chad will get multiple podiums and maybe a win.

|

9/28/2018 1:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2018 7:21 AM

#beerfactory wrote:

No matter how Chad does, I'm just happy to see him out there doing what he loves, He's an accomplished competitor who has swallowed a lot of pride to still be out there. This sport needs more people like him. Championships don't sell bikes and gear... coolness does!

Yes Sir , real racers that find a way to keep doin it ...

|

9/28/2018 2:43 AM

Reed is a bloody good salesman damn it

|

9/28/2018 3:18 AM

mxb2 wrote:

Kudos to Reed for being out there racing. Title. Contender. Lol, stop it.

Lol look at CR22's perfectely chiseled jaw.....
Does that jaw look like a chad fit enough to win....................

2019 AMA MONSTER ENERGY SX CHAMPION complete with a SURPRISE LUCAS OIL MX CHAMIONSHIP FOR A PERFECT CHAMPIONSHIP YEAR

CR22 FTW

|

9/28/2018 6:27 AM

DoubleA wrote:

Photo

All the Democrats were moving out of the country when Trump Won also.....Yet here they all are so I call BS on your Fire Plans smile

|

9/28/2018 6:29 AM

DoubleA wrote:

Photo

We'll cook the mountain pies & s'mores from a helicopter.

|

9/28/2018 6:54 AM

Does anybody really care what his results are? He's a bad motherfucker. He's fun to watch and he interacts with fans quite a bit via social media. I hope the dude has a good time.

|

9/28/2018 7:01 AM

One of the greats without a doubt. Would love to see him with a competitive ride, healthy and have a great 2019 SX season.

|

9/28/2018 11:04 AM

Ewan49 wrote:

Why have all my posts disappeared???

Mine too. I think it was because we were quoting an idiot and his post were deleted.

|

9/28/2018 11:16 AM

I’ll echo what others have said...I like Chad, I respect his passion & heart for my favorite sport and that he has the balls to go out and ride with the best in the world. I hope he lands a class ride for 2019...but, a contender for win? Ummm...no.

|

9/28/2018 11:22 AM

Title contender, not in my opinion. I wouldn’t be that surprised if he had one great night and pulled a podium or win though. He can be a different rider when up front and is feeling it on a given night.

|

9/28/2018 11:22 AM

*unzips

go on...

|