Chad Reed Bike for sale on ebay

zach247
Anybody else see that someone is selling a Chad Reed bike on ebay? Starting bid is at $16,000...?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Kawasaki-KX/123399208847?hash=item1cbb2a7…
|
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
10/3/2018 10:11pm Edited Date/Time 10/3/2018 10:12pm
zach247 wrote:
Anybody else see that someone is selling a Chad Reed bike on ebay? Starting bid is at $16,000...?

DTR830 wrote:
First Post. Crazy your both from Jacksonville
And the sellers name starts with a Z....and Zach here joined today
js451
10/3/2018 10:15pm
There’s a for sale section you can post in, you might get a proper response. Prob less likely now though
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
10/3/2018 10:59pm
Fuck yeah! I haven't even looked at the ad... Is it the KX he rode in opening ceremonies?

The Shop

r18b
10/3/2018 11:11pm
"He put the motor back to stock with brand new parts"

So only for nr 22 and reed as a previous owner this standard bike is 16k?? Blink

What a joke
Yeti365
10/4/2018 12:42am
$12k for a used stock bike?

We're you stroking Mr. Biggelsworth with your pinky in your mouth when you made the ad?
jeffro503
10/4/2018 12:51am Edited Date/Time 10/4/2018 12:51am
That bike aint worth more than about $4,000.00. It's basically a stocker , with a powder coated frame , stock motor and some graphic's. You want $16,000.00 for that? Zach , do you have proof that was even chad's bike as far as that goes? If it is.......they must of stripped about 90% of the good shit off.

Two thing's here....

1.) Either you or someone else got ripped off to the point of sheer ridiculousness .

Or....

2.) You're trying to sell a bike on Ebay to some poor sap for 4 X more than that bike's worth.

You can see where this is head , right Zach?
DTR830
Fantasy
1105th
10/4/2018 2:07pm
zach247 wrote:

DTR830 wrote:
First Post. Crazy your both from Jacksonville
APLMAN99 wrote:
Did he already change the address of his profile to Birmingham?
Yes, he sent a PM & said good catch. "marketing"
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3711th
10/5/2018 5:34am
No hubs, no suspension no thank you.
kb228
10/5/2018 6:20am
Ill give you $4500 for a stock kx450 with a pipe and gfx kit.
GregDVT
10/5/2018 11:37am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2018 11:37am
AJ Catanzaro was on one of chads old Honda’s for his school at Millville Wednesday. I had to double take when I saw the Australian twotwo graphics. It looked like it may have still had the correct triples.
jeffro503
10/5/2018 12:22pm
Haha....I still can't get over the $16,000.00 asking price. Haven't seen him come back and explain why he wants so much.
BR8ES
10/5/2018 12:57pm
Maybe a superfan who is one can short of six pack will buy it?
zach247
10/5/2018 1:21pm
Hello fellow moto fans! I received a lot of slack for this so I figured I would post back.

Most complaints have been about the price, thank you for your feedback as I have lowered the listing price. I bought the bike for $10k then paid for shipping so I have around $12k in the bike and only rode it 3 times. I currently have it sitting in my house office on display for friends and people that come over. I am a mega Chad Reed fan and I'm sure there are others that would love to have this bike. The bike means more to me than just $10k which is why I have the bike listed that price. I wanted to get my money back and also give back to the riding community by donating money to the Road 2 Recovery. If it doesn't sell then oh well I still have my dream bike and life is still good. I currently have a factory edition 450 and KTM 300 that I ride so the bike will continue to sit as a trophy.

Hope this helps explain my thinking. I know that there will always be people who disagree on these forms which is ok. Chad Reed is one of the biggest names in the sport and there are plenty of his super fans in the world. My goal in posting on here was to get people viewing and talking about my listing to help spread the word and reach these super fans.

Godspeed and Ride safe!!
yz133rider
10/5/2018 1:34pm Edited Date/Time 10/5/2018 1:35pm
zach247 wrote:
Hello fellow moto fans! I received a lot of slack for this so I figured I would post back. Most complaints have been about the price...
Hello fellow moto fans! I received a lot of slack for this so I figured I would post back.

Most complaints have been about the price, thank you for your feedback as I have lowered the listing price. I bought the bike for $10k then paid for shipping so I have around $12k in the bike and only rode it 3 times. I currently have it sitting in my house office on display for friends and people that come over. I am a mega Chad Reed fan and I'm sure there are others that would love to have this bike. The bike means more to me than just $10k which is why I have the bike listed that price. I wanted to get my money back and also give back to the riding community by donating money to the Road 2 Recovery. If it doesn't sell then oh well I still have my dream bike and life is still good. I currently have a factory edition 450 and KTM 300 that I ride so the bike will continue to sit as a trophy.

Hope this helps explain my thinking. I know that there will always be people who disagree on these forms which is ok. Chad Reed is one of the biggest names in the sport and there are plenty of his super fans in the world. My goal in posting on here was to get people viewing and talking about my listing to help spread the word and reach these super fans.

Godspeed and Ride safe!!
Nobody would really be bashing you if you hadn't of tried to act like you just happened to see it for sale and were just mentioning it on here.

But u paid like 2k for shipping?
zach247
10/5/2018 1:44pm
zach247 wrote:
Hello fellow moto fans! I received a lot of slack for this so I figured I would post back. Most complaints have been about the price...

Godspeed and Ride safe!!
yz133rider wrote:
Nobody would really be bashing you if you hadn't of tried to act like you just happened to see it for sale and were just mentioning...
Nobody would really be bashing you if you hadn't of tried to act like you just happened to see it for sale and were just mentioning it on here.

Yes, 2k for shipping and taxes. The bike was in California not Dade City, Florida unfortunately. And thats true I'm new to Vital and didn't know it shows your location.
10/5/2018 2:01pm
zach247 wrote:

Godspeed and Ride safe!!
yz133rider wrote:
Nobody would really be bashing you if you hadn't of tried to act like you just happened to see it for sale and were just mentioning...

zach247 wrote:
Yes, 2k for shipping and taxes. The bike was in California not Dade City, Florida unfortunately. And thats true I'm new to Vital and didn't know...
Yes, 2k for shipping and taxes. The bike was in California not Dade City, Florida unfortunately. And thats true I'm new to Vital and didn't know it shows your location.
Being new to vital doesn't matter, you got caught being a d-bag. Good Luck
BReid271
10/5/2018 2:04pm
Lol at the "Factory front brake and front brake rotor"
ocscottie
10/5/2018 2:07pm
zach247 wrote:

Godspeed and Ride safe!!
Good on ya for coming clean Zach, haters gonna hate, ignore them.
uk125250
10/5/2018 3:50pm
Bike shipping must be a lucrative industry to be in.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
10/5/2018 3:57pm
zach247 wrote:

Godspeed and Ride safe!!
ocscottie wrote:
Hush newbie
macz400
10/5/2018 4:03pm Edited Date/Time 10/5/2018 4:03pm
uk125250 wrote:
I shipped a CR125 from south east Texas to Montana for less than $500. 2k is rediculous
zach247
10/5/2018 5:03pm
uk125250 wrote:
macz400 wrote:
I shipped a CR125 from south east Texas to Montana for less than $500. 2k is rediculous
You are forgetting taxes too my dude! That's $725. Also shipping from Cali to Jacksonville is a lot further than Texas to Montana.
APLMAN99
10/5/2018 5:49pm
zach247 wrote:

Godspeed and Ride safe!!
ocscottie wrote:
Scottie, I'm not sure what "coming clean" means, but I wouldn't say that's the case here. He's advertising a bike as raced by Chad Reed that doesn't appear to have even some of the most basic items that would have been on a bike raced by him. He changed his location after being called out for referring to the eBay ad as if he just happened to stumble across it, etc.

Everything about it looks like he's trying to scam some unsuspecting sucker into overpaying for an ordinary, 5yo bike by lying about its history.
make1go
10/5/2018 5:52pm
yes there are lots of mugs here, but there are still a few who can spot bs from miles away....

and did

now that we can hear the sound of pedalling backwards, kinda hard to believe anything you say.

Jrewing
10/5/2018 6:15pm
Even if it had Ellie’s snail-trail on it it isn’t worth half that.. well maybe
Jrewing
10/5/2018 6:21pm
Btw I can’t find the link anymore to the 1996 Stefan Everts RC250 for sale.

Post a reply to: Chad Reed Bike for sale on ebay

The Latest