Chad Reed Bike Problem at Tampa??

KDXGarage
Edited Date/Time 2/27/2018 1:38am
Hi. Did anyone read about any further details on what exactly went wrong on Chad Reed's bike at Tampa?

Thanks.
|
kongols
2/26/2018 1:58am
My guess would be- mission accomplished.
pmshortt2
2/26/2018 3:03am
KDXGarage wrote:
Hi. Did anyone read about any further details on what exactly went wrong on Chad Reed's bike at Tampa?

Thanks.
The new Huskys have lots of electrical issues to the point that they shouldn’t even be selling them the way they are. 3 people at my local track have all had horrible wiring problems costing them motos and money. Each had to get new wiring harness’...

The Shop

Marcello10
2/26/2018 3:38am
He said his bike kept cutting off, one time even before one of the big jumps. Too risky to ride it so he decided to pull off
kb228
2/26/2018 4:15am
Problem is its a husky
Zycki11
2/26/2018 6:25am
Heeer Yeee, get that logic out of here!
HD1200
2/26/2018 6:26am
Actually he said 3 times but the first thought did it really just do that.
aees
2/26/2018 7:06am
You should silicone all open ends of cables, and also add some sillikone where they disappear in to the components. Do that and use shrinking tape and you are good to go.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
2/26/2018 7:39am
It was a shame he had mechanicals. There was a good chance for a top ten finish
mx317
2/26/2018 7:43am
kb228 wrote:
Problem is its a husky
I guess that is points leader Anderson's problem also.Whistling
b_kowalsk
2/26/2018 7:46am
Honda should bring Chad on board.... Then he'll have a factory ecu and no more electrical issues.
2/26/2018 8:08am
aees wrote:
You should silicone all open ends of cables, and also add some sillikone where they disappear in to the components. Do that and use shrinking tape...
You should silicone all open ends of cables, and also add some sillikone where they disappear in to the components. Do that and use shrinking tape and you are good to go.
You'd think that Goose would know stuff like that. Wink
p0wn
2/26/2018 10:30am
pmshortt2 wrote:
The new Huskys have lots of electrical issues to the point that they shouldn’t even be selling them the way they are. 3 people at my...
The new Huskys have lots of electrical issues to the point that they shouldn’t even be selling them the way they are. 3 people at my local track have all had horrible wiring problems costing them motos and money. Each had to get new wiring harness’...
I've had this experience with new KTM's and Huskys. This last year friends and I have bought 5-6 of em and all had different electrical issues. If you look at the wiring it's super shitty and not weather proofed at all. The connectors are dirt cheap. Within a summer my wiring had all corroded at the connectors. Pretty sad.
aees
2/26/2018 10:46am
aees wrote:
You should silicone all open ends of cables, and also add some sillikone where they disappear in to the components. Do that and use shrinking tape...
You'd think that Goose would know stuff like that. Wink
Note was more for us regular riders. I assume they replaced the wiring with factory stuff, or make their own. KTM used to have a "airline grade" cable-package as Powerparts, but dont anymore.

Could be anything of course. Most problem came from old way of mounting the capacitor which has been corrected since late 2016 and 2017. But, again, to be sure wires does not brake take 10min and some silicone. Dont have to remove cabling for that. Seat and just lifting the fuel tank some + behind number plate and you are good.

If you have not done it when it was new, you need to cut open all the plastic wrappers and drain them from mud, gravel and water.
BobPA
2/26/2018 10:53am
pmshortt2 wrote:
The new Huskys have lots of electrical issues to the point that they shouldn’t even be selling them the way they are. 3 people at my...
p0wn wrote:
I've had this experience with new KTM's and Huskys. This last year friends and I have bought 5-6 of em and all had different electrical issues...
I've had this experience with new KTM's and Huskys. This last year friends and I have bought 5-6 of em and all had different electrical issues. If you look at the wiring it's super shitty and not weather proofed at all. The connectors are dirt cheap. Within a summer my wiring had all corroded at the connectors. Pretty sad.
What are you guys doing to your bikes? No issues from any bikes for my riding crew. Have not seen and electrical problem from the Japanese or the Austrian bikes in quite some time.
Lurk Ing
2/26/2018 11:24am
pmshortt2 wrote:
p0wn wrote:
I've had this experience with new KTM's and Huskys. This last year friends and I have bought 5-6 of em and all had different electrical issues...
BobPA wrote:
What are you guys doing to your bikes? No issues from any bikes for my riding crew. Have not seen and electrical problem from the Japanese...
What are you guys doing to your bikes? No issues from any bikes for my riding crew. Have not seen and electrical problem from the Japanese or the Austrian bikes in quite some time.
Big difference with bikes that actually get ridden and washed. Even on bikes with a premium
aees
2/26/2018 11:37am
p0wn wrote:
BobPA wrote:
What are you guys doing to your bikes? No issues from any bikes for my riding crew. Have not seen and electrical problem from the Japanese...
Lurk Ing wrote:
Big difference with bikes that actually get ridden and washed. Even on bikes with a premium
In my experience these problem comes when people wash of their bikes, and dont use air compressor to remove water and moisture. Also gets worse if you put the bike in a non-humidity controlled area, specially if you dont remove excessive water and moisture.

Same thing that kills linkage and svingarm bearings.

Since i started doing this, i run 80h easilly in 6 months on my bearing. And we are talking about me that rides in rain, sand tracks etc so bike gets washed after every 1h.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
2/26/2018 11:38am
p0wn wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Lurk Ing wrote:
Ah, the ol "if you have a KTM/Husky then you don't ride" argument. Real brain surgeons in here per usual.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
2/26/2018 11:43am
pmshortt2 wrote:
p0wn wrote:
A buddy of mine just took his bike to Ktm last week so they could replace the entire wiring harness for him because he was having electrical issues.
RCMXracing
2/26/2018 11:46am
pmshortt2 wrote:
p0wn wrote:
Disagree on the “dirt cheap” connectors. The connectors are marine grade, what they use out on the good ol’ high seas. I will agree that the wiring could use some tidying up, prevent chaffing points.
rikhek
2/26/2018 12:05pm
I love it when the biggest prick on track has issues. Cock sucker deserves everything that happens to him. Karma is a bitch.
kiwifan
2/26/2018 12:08pm
Nothing wrong with Husky's !!!
captmoto
2/26/2018 12:13pm
OCD pressure washing? I have only removed my seat and side panels once to clean my bike. I pull the panels after I wash the rest of the bike to hand wash if needed. You know all the big time riders pressure wash after every practice and heat and probably again if they have to ride the LCQ and then before the main. While my Husky is low hours I've had no problems electric or otherwise with mine.
Asimo
2/26/2018 12:13pm
Haven't had an electrical issue since the days of points.
gerg
2/26/2018 1:53pm
rikhek wrote:
I love it when the biggest prick on track has issues. Cock sucker deserves everything that happens to him. Karma is a bitch.
Awwwww sure we can't turn that frown upside down?
Racer111
2/26/2018 2:17pm
pmshortt2 wrote:
p0wn wrote:
Exactly why I will never own either of those pieces of shit.

Post a reply to: Chad Reed Bike Problem at Tampa??

The Latest