Chad Reed Believes Austin Forkner Should Turn Pro Now - What do You Think?

h&m_cycle
2/11/2016 6:18pm
Crush wrote:
I don't know man. I get both sides... but it's pretty hard to argue that he's not ready, he just went 1-1 at an arenacross...`
GangGreen wrote:
Why not race the Daytona Supercross? It's a more physical test and he could see where he's at speed-wise. If he's 18 yrs, and not 16...
Why not race the Daytona Supercross? It's a more physical test and he could see where he's at speed-wise. If he's 18 yrs, and not 16 yrs, I'd say race, Where's he been for 2 years?
Although still dangerous, the sports different now. People keep forgetting that 10 years ago most local pros didn't even have Supercorss tracks to practice on.
Here he is in the Amateur Race the Day after...

https://youtu.be/6zbwqyvHC0I
1SickLT1
2/11/2016 6:24pm
I finally got around to watching his AX debut, and I have to say he looked dominant. With that said, I think he should do whatever he feels is the right thing for his career.
hvaughn88
2/11/2016 6:34pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Just got his "endorsement" for SX by racing Bumper-Cross (AX - Jan, 2016.) That gives him Feb thru Mid-May to work on his National Bike/set-up. I...
Just got his "endorsement" for SX by racing Bumper-Cross (AX - Jan, 2016.)

That gives him Feb thru Mid-May to work on his National Bike/set-up.

I think it's genius.
jeffro503 wrote:
I'm with you 100% on this Manny. I think Austin's game plan is the smart thing to do. He'll have a long career , and I...
I'm with you 100% on this Manny. I think Austin's game plan is the smart thing to do. He'll have a long career , and I don't see any need to rush right into it. I wish more rookies would start in the outdoors instead of SX. Seems to me that's the smarter plan.
TeamGreen wrote:
Well, here's one that'll get some arguing... I'm sooooo tired of these kids NOT going to regular schools; 'cause, they have to train...so they home study...
Well, here's one that'll get some arguing...

I'm sooooo tired of these kids NOT going to regular schools; 'cause, they have to train...so they home study or whatever. Am I against homeschooling? Hell no! Am against screwing up a kids life by pushing them in to this stuff? Hell yes. Some of these kids are getting robbed of "growing up". That's INSANE. I can go all the way back to Rick Ryan...we need to let these kids have a normal life.

Oddly, lately we are seeing a few more "normal kids" making the cut to the top.

So, I'm hopeful...

Rant over.
Manny, I completely agree! I don't mean to offend those that aren't guilty of this, but it's very obvious the Moto community is making a mockery of the education system. Please stop leaving your kids without an education to fall back on.
jemcee
2/11/2016 6:54pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Well, here's one that'll get some arguing... I'm sooooo tired of these kids NOT going to regular schools; 'cause, they have to train...so they home study...
Well, here's one that'll get some arguing...

I'm sooooo tired of these kids NOT going to regular schools; 'cause, they have to train...so they home study or whatever. Am I against homeschooling? Hell no! Am against screwing up a kids life by pushing them in to this stuff? Hell yes. Some of these kids are getting robbed of "growing up". That's INSANE. I can go all the way back to Rick Ryan...we need to let these kids have a normal life.

Oddly, lately we are seeing a few more "normal kids" making the cut to the top.

So, I'm hopeful...

Rant over.
I agree as well! Also from where I'm sitting over here, it seems like everyone knows about families going broke chasing the amateur races yet more and more 'big/must attend' amateur races pop up.. I reckon there should be only Loretta Qualifiers and Loretta's (although that is a monopoly, and that obviously isn't ideal either)
Let kids go to school and experience life and get into real situations..
People wonder why dudes like Webb are making silly decisions when frustrated it's because they've never been punched in the face after making said silly decision when frustrated haha

The Shop

1SickLT1
2/11/2016 6:58pm
jemcee wrote:
I agree as well! Also from where I'm sitting over here, it seems like everyone knows about families going broke chasing the amateur races yet more...
I agree as well! Also from where I'm sitting over here, it seems like everyone knows about families going broke chasing the amateur races yet more and more 'big/must attend' amateur races pop up.. I reckon there should be only Loretta Qualifiers and Loretta's (although that is a monopoly, and that obviously isn't ideal either)
Let kids go to school and experience life and get into real situations..
People wonder why dudes like Webb are making silly decisions when frustrated it's because they've never been punched in the face after making said silly decision when frustrated haha
So much truth in one post!
Roscoe33
2/11/2016 7:03pm
SX racing is the BIG leagues where the bar banging is intentional,

AX racing is the AA of racing where you learn those skills.
Mit12
2/11/2016 7:21pm
With confidence being such a big deal in racing, I believe that it is in his best interest to race the 12 national rounds (24 motos) of racing on MX tracks some of which he has already raced on rather than jump head first into the high pressure and much shorter SX series.
2/11/2016 9:40pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2016 9:42pm
Cygnus wrote:
He should have tweeted back that he thinks that Reed should retire. How old was chad at his forst 125/250f SX race?
Lol. Chad turned pro at 16 (youngest age you can in Aus) and jumped straight into the 250cc 2 stroke class battling the big boys in supercross. Had Chad had the opportunity he would of raced ama at 16 without a question.
rileymx
2/11/2016 10:35pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2016 10:36pm
Maybe thats why usa is loosing its dominance of mxdn...while in usa one of the most talented and suported young racer is considered still a kid at 17 and is still wainting to race the pros...in mx2 pauls Jonas was vice champ at 18 ( 1-13-97) and tim gajser was world champ at 19( 9-8-96) and is now in mx1with a full factory bike..
zehn
2/11/2016 11:07pm
rileymx wrote:
Maybe thats why usa is loosing its dominance of mxdn...while in usa one of the most talented and suported young racer is considered still a kid...
Maybe thats why usa is loosing its dominance of mxdn...while in usa one of the most talented and suported young racer is considered still a kid at 17 and is still wainting to race the pros...in mx2 pauls Jonas was vice champ at 18 ( 1-13-97) and tim gajser was world champ at 19( 9-8-96) and is now in mx1with a full factory bike..
really m8
Trav138
2/11/2016 11:14pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2016 11:35pm
rileymx wrote:
Maybe thats why usa is loosing its dominance of mxdn...while in usa one of the most talented and suported young racer is considered still a kid...
What do they have to do with Austin racing Supercross. This has absolutely nothing to do with MXDN.
The kid wants to turn pro at the nationals, and that sounds like a great plan to me
Turning pro at 15/16 is such an individual thing. Some do great and some can benefit from the extra time, especially when we are talking Supercross.
rileymx
2/11/2016 11:47pm
Kids in us used to go pro right after lorettas, then they had to be 16, now austin is just an exemple, is 17 and still to go pro...
The top kids take to long, get to much hype and when turn pro are right away expected to win even racing against much more experince racers...its not good for them, most get hurt....and that makes the level of the riding drop in long term
Thats just my opinion...
block75
2/12/2016 1:50am
block75 wrote:
How does racing the arenacross series not make him have turned pro already? he has finished school hasn't he? Does he get paid to ride? Pretty...
How does racing the arenacross series not make him have turned pro already? he has finished school hasn't he? Does he get paid to ride? Pretty sure that makes him a professional!
neysbo wrote:
Yes , he is considered a Pro but he is waiting until Hangtown to debut. That has been his and the teams plan all along so...
Yes , he is considered a Pro but he is waiting until Hangtown to debut. That has been his and the teams plan all along so I agree - stick to the plan.
How do you debut at hang town as a pro if he has already done so in arena cross though, I think he is either pro or he isn't!
h&m_cycle
2/12/2016 3:22am
rileymx wrote:
MXDN WTF??? We're talking whether he should race supercross which I wouldn't mind him NEVER RACING...
Forkner will be racing M-O-T-O-C-R-O-S-S at the top level come H-A-N-G-T-O-W-N.

please note: out of respect..Whistling . supercross (the stunt show) will always be spelled in small leters... Laughing
fidiot
2/12/2016 5:41am
Stick with the original plan.
neysbo
2/12/2016 5:51am
block75 wrote:
How does racing the arenacross series not make him have turned pro already? he has finished school hasn't he? Does he get paid to ride? Pretty...
How does racing the arenacross series not make him have turned pro already? he has finished school hasn't he? Does he get paid to ride? Pretty sure that makes him a professional!
neysbo wrote:
Yes , he is considered a Pro but he is waiting until Hangtown to debut. That has been his and the teams plan all along so...
Yes , he is considered a Pro but he is waiting until Hangtown to debut. That has been his and the teams plan all along so I agree - stick to the plan.
block75 wrote:
How do you debut at hang town as a pro if he has already done so in arena cross though, I think he is either pro...
How do you debut at hang town as a pro if he has already done so in arena cross though, I think he is either pro or he isn't!
Actually after some research , it looks like Forkner may not be a PRO yet. This is out of the Arenacross Rulebook, you only have to be an 'A" rider.

In addition he is planning to race a couple of the Amateur Spring Nationals so I guess his Pro Debut will be Hangtown
Eligibility:

To be eligible to compete in the
Arenacross
Class riders must be 14 years of age or older as
of January 1st, 201
, and be an “A” level rider.

A pro license is not required to race the
Arenacross
C
lass.

All participants in the
Arenacross
Class must hold a current AMA membership
bish153
2/12/2016 5:52am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2016 5:52am
Who? Chad Kardashian?
Nah, never heard of him...
1SickLT1
2/12/2016 6:00am
neysbo wrote:
Actually after some research , it looks like Forkner may not be a PRO yet. This is out of the Arenacross Rulebook, you only have to...
Actually after some research , it looks like Forkner may not be a PRO yet. This is out of the Arenacross Rulebook, you only have to be an 'A" rider.

In addition he is planning to race a couple of the Amateur Spring Nationals so I guess his Pro Debut will be Hangtown
Eligibility:

To be eligible to compete in the
Arenacross
Class riders must be 14 years of age or older as
of January 1st, 201
, and be an “A” level rider.

A pro license is not required to race the
Arenacross
C
lass.

All participants in the
Arenacross
Class must hold a current AMA membership
Do you not have to have a pro license to qualify for points in AX? Every announcer claimed that to be his pro debut.
Gringoe
2/12/2016 6:01am
1SickLT1 wrote:
Do you not have to have a pro license to qualify for points in AX? Every announcer claimed that to be his pro debut.
No
cable
2/12/2016 6:23pm
Like machine says. crap shoot. could get hurt at amateur national, local track or pro super cross. Whats the upside? Contract pays same?
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
2/12/2016 10:10pm
This really is one of the more bizarre things to happen in MX. At what point did this cross Reeds desk that made him think that it was relevant enough for him to make a social media post about it? What does it matter to him whether he rides supercross this year or not? I mean, the post is without merit as there really is no connection whatsoever with Forkner and Reed. I imagine Mike (Austins dad) and Austin are thinking where the hell did this come from and why is it any of Reeds business? Truly, Reeds post is non-sensical and irrelevant. How it even made it this far is the real question we should be asking.
mccread
2/13/2016 2:27am
Austin should be racing MX2 GPs until Hangtown. That would prepare him much better than riding Cali practice tracks.
51xc
2/13/2016 3:06am
reed being reed I guess.

Post a reply to: Chad Reed Believes Austin Forkner Should Turn Pro Now - What do You Think?

The Latest