Chad Reed All-In for 2021?

AP_151
Was listening to the pod w/ Matthes... they were talking about the fitness level it takes to be at the front of the pack and pick up those tenths here or there. Previously he’s mentioned having no desire to put the work in to be at that level anymore, however...

This time he says: “There’s a part of me... and it feels like I’m contradicting myself even in my own mind but... and I really can’t say it’s motivation stopping me because I do want to do it, but a part of me wants to go through that bootcamp just one more time and then come out and say okay I got smoked I really suck now, OR wow now I can run with the big boys again.”

If the Lambo deal doesn’t materialize, and Chad still has the backing of MMS and cbdMD, I wouldn’t rule out another 17 rounds for 22, potentially with a full offseason where he’s all-in. Call me crazy but I think the guy could still throw down if he wanted too. Age is but a number.

The haters will have their comments, sure but who wouldn’t want to see one of the sports greatest go for it one more time?
|
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
6/22/2020 7:49am Edited Date/Time 6/22/2020 7:50am
He said that that he was not interested in doing all 17 rounds. So we may see him at some of his Favourate venues. I sure hope so...
Crush
6/22/2020 7:50am
I think it’d be pretty fuggin hard to put that extra effort in for a part time season, especially when it’s RE-gaining that fitness... not just continuing it.

I actually hope he hangs it up, OR he comes back full time: I think Sx is too dangerous to half ass it.
FHKRacingZ
6/22/2020 8:26am Edited Date/Time 6/22/2020 8:27am
AP_151 wrote:
Was listening to the pod w/ Matthes... they were talking about the fitness level it takes to be at the front of the pack and pick...
Was listening to the pod w/ Matthes... they were talking about the fitness level it takes to be at the front of the pack and pick up those tenths here or there. Previously he’s mentioned having no desire to put the work in to be at that level anymore, however...

This time he says: “There’s a part of me... and it feels like I’m contradicting myself even in my own mind but... and I really can’t say it’s motivation stopping me because I do want to do it, but a part of me wants to go through that bootcamp just one more time and then come out and say okay I got smoked I really suck now, OR wow now I can run with the big boys again.”

If the Lambo deal doesn’t materialize, and Chad still has the backing of MMS and cbdMD, I wouldn’t rule out another 17 rounds for 22, potentially with a full offseason where he’s all-in. Call me crazy but I think the guy could still throw down if he wanted too. Age is but a number.

The haters will have their comments, sure but who wouldn’t want to see one of the sports greatest go for it one more time?
I'd be surprised if you see cbdMD next year involved in many sporting events. The CBD and Hemp industry have taken a huge nose dive the past 10 months. With FDA consumer product guidelines, you are stuck purchasing at estores, gas stations and other non-traditional channels of retails. Sad but true =/
155hk
6/22/2020 12:33pm
All we want is him to return for us fans to show him some love and a farewell for all the great racing he's given us over his career.

Anything more than that is just chad being chad and doing what he loves, it'll be the icing on the cake to see him ride more next year.

The Shop

Falcon
Fantasy
856th
6/22/2020 1:14pm
I'm calling A1 and Daytona in 2021
Add San Diego and I think you're there.
toroP
6/22/2020 1:18pm
He likes Indy, too. (I can hope, right)
kiwifan
6/22/2020 1:24pm
AP_151 wrote:
Was listening to the pod w/ Matthes... they were talking about the fitness level it takes to be at the front of the pack and pick...

So anyone who disagrees with you is a hater?

My opinion is he will not be SX racing in 2021 regardless of the Lambo/car racing deal(s).
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
6/22/2020 1:41pm
I doubt racing at this point in his life is even fun. It seems like he genuinely loves racing on 4 wheels and I wouldn't mind seeing him completely retire and fully transition into the roll cage. There's a reason why he's the only guy in the sport with as many starts and years racing at this level... its taxing on the body and he's given more than 100% effort towards the sport and he deserves to step away. If he wants to come out at A1 and ride opening ceremonies with his kids and Ellie and give a short speech as he steps away then that's great, but we don't need him going out and risking injury another season.
mxnick
6/22/2020 3:03pm
MMS and the car deal are linked, FYI. Same owner.
mxgoon
6/22/2020 5:53pm
mxnick wrote:
Not according to Chad but maybe you know more??
APLMAN99
6/22/2020 6:32pm
mxnick wrote:
I think that he co-drives with one of the founders of Mountain Motorsports. Or perhaps another family member.

So..., close enough!
VetMX.com
6/22/2020 7:30pm
You pretty much need to come back and give 100% for 17 rounds to keep your mind in it. If he did that and got in the top 15 overall, I would call that a win.
Either way, it has been great watching him through the years.
Moto520
6/22/2020 8:02pm
I think his wife wants him to stop. Anyone else see this? Am i off on this?
kage173
6/22/2020 8:16pm
The longest goodbye.

Like Grandma at the airport. Still waving after shes already gone through security.
mxnick
6/22/2020 8:29pm
mxnick wrote:
mxgoon wrote:
Dustin Farthing is Chads sponsor, he used to be part onwner of MMS. He is the car guy and the is also his car racing partner on the 4 wheel side. He might not own the shop anymore, but its close enough.
ProKawi24
6/22/2020 8:30pm
I'm a wrestling fan and been watching the new Undertaker documentary, he talks about how he's always chasing the dragon of his last performance. When he has a bad match, he just has to go back out for 1 more match to have a proper "send off". When he has a great match, he so badly wants to come back and feel that once more.

Seems like Reed is going through a similar situation. Bad results - wants to come back and prove to himself he's still got it. Has great results - loves the feeling and wants it 1 more time.

Taker had a great quote..."I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was." Loved that.
AP_151
6/22/2020 8:52pm
kiwifan wrote:
So anyone who disagrees with you is a hater?

My opinion is he will not be SX racing in 2021 regardless of the Lambo/car racing deal(s).
Not at all. Just those who want him to hang it up for god knows what reason. There’s people who believe he’s taking a spot in the main from a young guy by being out there. It’s not like he qualifies then rides around in last in the main.

The guy got 10th this weekend and I don’t think he’s near 100% of what he’s still capable of. So if he feels up to coming back I’m all for it.
mxgoon
6/22/2020 10:12pm Edited Date/Time 6/22/2020 10:14pm
mxnick wrote:
mxgoon wrote:
mxnick wrote:
Dustin Farthing is Chads sponsor, he used to be part onwner of MMS. He is the car guy and the is also his car racing partner...
Dustin Farthing is Chads sponsor, he used to be part onwner of MMS. He is the car guy and the is also his car racing partner on the 4 wheel side. He might not own the shop anymore, but its close enough.
That’s not the part I was referring too. According to Chad on his pod with Mathes the deal is not finalised.
rongi#401
6/22/2020 10:15pm
Never count out chad reed, he’s made a career out of proving people wrong
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
6/23/2020 4:27am
I'm calling A1 and Daytona in 2021
If Chad rocks up at A1 then I can see him hitting San Diego as well.
6/23/2020 7:34am
In some ways I think it’s weird that so many fans Of supercross want him to retire.
Personally I’m happy to see how he genuinely loves the sport. No he isn’t the chad of old, but he loves racing and he can still make mains.
Heck I can ride around like a goon and be old and no-one cares. Why can’t our champions do the same if they desire?
It doesn’t ruin his legacy at all for me.. my memory is better than that.
Adam43
6/23/2020 8:02am
Chad has learned enough about the car world to know that tooling around with rich guys in Super Trofeo is not comparable to racing SX at the highest level.

He has been an elite athlete for 20 years. That feeling is not going to be replaced.

He believes he can run up front again with proper preparation and support. I can't disagree.

Post a reply to: Chad Reed All-In for 2021?

The Latest