Awesome, thanks for sharing Big Lenny.
B Lenny
5/11/2021 10:31pm
66TR66 wrote:
Awesome, thanks for sharing Big Lenny.
Man..Him and TP were goin' at it...Shocked
66TR66
5/12/2021 12:22am
Yeah, Chad had a point to prove at that race.
That was his first supercross after coming home from Europe where he had just finished 2nd to Pichon and immediately said he was going to the States to race.
I remember at the time (and i wasn't Robinson Crusoe) thinking he should stay in Europe and make his career there.
So for him to straight up beat Travis at that race you can see how much confidence it gave him to go to the States and make a sudden impact was huge.
As they say the rest is history. and i'm glad he never stayed in Europe.
Chad's always been like that, an absolute go getter.
CPR
5/12/2021 3:36am
His intention was always to go to the States to race SX. Unfortunately he had to go the long way round to prove himself.

I defy anyone to watch that and not agree that he’s one of the best of all time.

The Shop

B Lenny
5/12/2021 5:12am
CPR wrote:
His intention was always to go to the States to race SX. Unfortunately he had to go the long way round to prove himself. I defy...
His intention was always to go to the States to race SX. Unfortunately he had to go the long way round to prove himself.

I defy anyone to watch that and not agree that he’s one of the best of all time.
Yep...
Zycki11
5/12/2021 7:19am
Hands down my favorite. Gritty, intelligent, badass. Takes a ton to be able to battle the likes of Stewart and Ricky.
toroP
5/12/2021 7:24am
2006 LV, smallest whoops in SX history?
Merry Christmas RC.
Zycki11
5/12/2021 8:38am
toroP wrote:
2006 LV, smallest whoops in SX history?
Merry Christmas RC.
Consecutive breaking bumps evenly distributed
kijen
5/12/2021 9:04am
Agree great rider, but the best vid ever is James slowing down so he can re pass him, and that daytona mudder, the look of frustration, and em...guess the chadapult.
Fun to watch race as he was willing to bang bars.
CPR
5/12/2021 1:29pm
kijen wrote:
Agree great rider, but the best vid ever is James slowing down so he can re pass him, and that daytona mudder, the look of frustration...
Agree great rider, but the best vid ever is James slowing down so he can re pass him, and that daytona mudder, the look of frustration, and em...guess the chadapult.
Funny how when people tell the ‘re-pass’ story, they always leave out that Reed had just dislocated his shoulder and was having trouble holding on. Definitely an awesome calculated mental game by Stew, but you have to put it in context. Stew never took that risk with a healthy charging Reed.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
5/12/2021 4:02pm
kijen wrote:
Agree great rider, but the best vid ever is James slowing down so he can re pass him, and that daytona mudder, the look of frustration...
CPR wrote:
Funny how when people tell the ‘re-pass’ story, they always leave out that Reed had just dislocated his shoulder and was having trouble holding on. Definitely...
Funny how when people tell the ‘re-pass’ story, they always leave out that Reed had just dislocated his shoulder and was having trouble holding on. Definitely an awesome calculated mental game by Stew, but you have to put it in context. Stew never took that risk with a healthy charging Reed.
was about to say the same thing.. he refused to go to the medics because he wouldn't have been cleared.
gerg
5/12/2021 4:28pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2021 4:32pm
kijen wrote:
CPR wrote:
Funny how when people tell the ‘re-pass’ story, they always leave out that Reed had just dislocated his shoulder and was having trouble holding on. Definitely...
was about to say the same thing.. he refused to go to the medics because he wouldn't have been cleared.
Well there you go I never knew that minor detail.

Put's the "re-pass story" in a whole new light doesn't it.

I always thought that was the moment the JS totally dominated Chad but now knowing this it makes the re-pass look totally lame.
Nairb#70
5/12/2021 6:08pm
gerg wrote:
Well there you go I never knew that minor detail. Put's the "re-pass story" in a whole new light doesn't it. I always thought that was...

I always thought that was the moment the JS totally dominated Chad but now knowing this it makes the re-pass look totally lame.
Reminds me of all the unneeded brake checks and stuffs RC leveled on a lot of people early in his career.
Forty
5/12/2021 6:56pm
Reed, fast and focused. Not a favorite of mine but he brought the shit every week.
Denn700
5/12/2021 7:47pm
CPR wrote:
gerg wrote:
Well there you go I never knew that minor detail. Put's the "re-pass story" in a whole new light doesn't it. I always thought that was...

Another detail no one talks about is at the next race Chad ran down Stew and passed him. James blamed it on the tires. JS did beat him the second moto though.
CPR
5/13/2021 2:56am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2021 3:44am
They missed it in the video, but this is when Reedy really announced his international arrival- by putting a hard block pass on the King at the 2001 Bercy SX, as a relatively unknown 19yo.

resetjet
5/13/2021 5:27am
Watching that reminds me of how great supercross used to be.
Crush
5/13/2021 6:54am
resetjet wrote:
Watching that reminds me of how great supercross used to be.
So aggro watching the good guys rail a 250 two stroke in SX hey!

Post a reply to: Chad Reed...

The Latest