Chad Reed!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

4/7/2018 10:03 PM

I have no idea after watching that effort from Reed in that final corner how you can say he's in it for the money. The guy has heart like no other rider in the field. I've always been a huge Reed fan and always will be with determination like that!

|

4/7/2018 10:05 PM

what a legend

|

4/7/2018 10:09 PM

Gave it everything he had. Still loves it and that's awesome. Crowd went wild as usual for him.

Pumped for Reed.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

4/7/2018 10:10 PM

Haters will always find a way to hate on him for it, but that was pretty telling how hard he was fighting for that top 5. He's a racer through and through.

|

4/7/2018 10:12 PM

I’m not a reed fan but I was definitely cheering my ass off for him tonight. True heart was shown there

|

4/7/2018 10:17 PM

Guy showed he has the desire to win. Great to see a guy worth $50M out there putting himself through that for the love of the sport.

|

4/7/2018 10:17 PM

People's champ!!!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

4/7/2018 10:19 PM

I was really hoping he would just launch that bike up over the finish line. I'm glad he was at least able to will it past the line.

|

4/7/2018 10:22 PM

Absolute legend!!
Bowers comments about him in the interview= douchebag!! ??

|

4/7/2018 10:22 PM

He’s our Rossi. Such a badass for still going out there and giving it his all. Legend is the best word to describe him.

|

4/7/2018 10:24 PM

Dave #125 wrote:

Absolute legend!!

I agree, dude has barely seen the top 10 in the 450 class. He’s lucky Reeds bike was barely functioning

|

4/7/2018 10:28 PM

Dave #125 wrote:

Absolute legend!!

iudi2006 wrote:

I agree, dude has barely seen the top 10 in the 450 class. He’s lucky Reeds bike was barely functioning

I actually don't think he meant it as an insult they came up on him pretty quick and on that track there was plenty of lappers that aren't normally lappers!

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

4/7/2018 10:32 PM

I feel like bowers was just being honest (not a dick) when he said he thought reed was a lapper,

|

4/7/2018 10:45 PM

Reed is an icon. Last 10 feet...the crowd were showing their appreciation for the legend that is CR22. Awesome!

|

4/7/2018 10:55 PM

Never been a Reed fan, but wow! I remember how excited I was when his bike died in 08 at the Daytona mudfest. I was a huge KDub fan and that is one of my fondest sx memories; seeing him pass a stalled Reed and taking the win.
Fast forward 10 years later, and that's about as pumped as I've ever been...seeing Reed grind out those last few feet will always be a cherished memory. I stood and clapped...Bravo!! THAT was epic!!!

|

4/7/2018 10:58 PM

If he only threw the bike on his back and threw it over the finish line jump!

|

4/7/2018 11:03 PM

smoothwakey wrote:

I feel like bowers was just being honest (not a dick) when he said he thought reed was a lapper,

Fair comment about being a lapper but the st louis part ??
Bowers has done some controversial stuff too- show some class when u are in the spot light.

|

4/7/2018 11:04 PM

How do you not cheer for the guy, especially after that? That showed me how much the guy loves racing and how his heart is still in it. He’s definitely not doing it for the money.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

4/7/2018 11:05 PM

5280mx wrote:

Never been a Reed fan, but wow! I remember how excited I was when his bike died in 08 at the Daytona mudfest. I was a huge KDub fan and that is one of my fondest sx memories; seeing him pass a stalled Reed and taking the win.
Fast forward 10 years later, and that's about as pumped as I've ever been...seeing Reed grind out those last few feet will always be a cherished memory. I stood and clapped...Bravo!! THAT was epic!!!

So your fondest memory ever is watching someone hopelessly watch on as one of their competitors takes the win with two corners to go. Flash forward 10 years later and nearly same thing happens. WTF.

|

-streets-

4/7/2018 11:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/7/2018 11:07 PM

As the final active legend of the last two (maybe three) previous generations, he deserves some respect. Money? Someone actually said that? Dude is driven by heart, family, love of the sport and ego at this point. He rode a black bike tonight for christs sake. I think he still wants to win. Great finish, it'll be remembered.

|

4/8/2018 12:14 AM

Track and Trail wrote:

As the final active legend of the last two (maybe three) previous generations, he deserves some respect. Money? Someone actually said that? Dude is driven by heart, family, love of the sport and ego at this point. He rode a black bike tonight for christs sake. I think he still wants to win. Great finish, it'll be remembered.

Oh yea. I've seen slot of comments how reed is just racing to collect sponsor money blah blah blah. He clearly and legitimately just loves to race. If the dude was in it for money he would of cashed out after the 2010 season. Imagine how much money he lost doing his own racing gig? Had to of been in the millions.

|

4/8/2018 12:26 AM

He burned that bike to the ground!!!!

|

4/8/2018 1:04 AM

Epic finish for Reed and anyone that watched this race. I'm looking fwd to some great photos !

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

4/8/2018 2:33 AM

At the end, clutch was out, and the rear wheel wasn't spinning one iota. The bike was toast.

Reed is a freaking Bad Ass!
It sucked that his bike gave out with only a few feet left.
In the post race interview, I got the feeling that he knows that he's back.

I can't wait for the next race.

|

4/8/2018 2:39 AM

ledger wrote:

Epic finish for Reed and anyone that watched this race. I'm looking fwd to some great photos !

Same here, hopefully some members will post some.
Did Reed realise that he actually finished? It seemed like he wasn’t aware that he had crossed the finish line.

|

4/8/2018 3:59 AM

after this many years of reedy being the legend he will always be, you make this post?

|

4/8/2018 6:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2018 6:43 AM

Epic ride. Between the we went fast article this week and the ride put in last night how could anyone not appreciate the effort by the REEDS.

|

4/8/2018 7:03 AM

He knew this was his best chance to do well and did not have to risk injury to do it. Thats his problem. He still has the speed, just at that age you dont want to get banged up. That feeling gets worse every year. Its why dungey quit really among other things.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

4/8/2018 7:10 AM

5280mx wrote:

swedishfishmx wrote:

So your fondest memory ever is watching someone hopelessly watch on as one of their competitors takes the win with two corners to go. Flash forward 10 years later and nearly same thing happens. WTF.

Was his post that hard to understand? Very clearly said he was a kdub fan. That race put kdub back in the title chase. Why would it not be memorable?
Watching reed's grit and determination last night = respect, why is that not memorable?
Sheesh. Do you not have a favorable rider that was the beneficiary of odd events?
It's all good bro, sometimes they are the hammer and sometimes the nail.
Last night reed showed he was the hammer.

|

www.alljackedupinc.com home of the Switch Hauler, the only modular hauling system www.sprocketstuff.com home of the Counter Sprocket Tool

4/8/2018 7:12 AM

He is a legend.

|