Chad, One and Done?

HuskyEd
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:01am
MXA reports after Chad Reeds win he pulls out of series.

Hope it's not true. MXA has dropped the the ball before on their on-line reports.

http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/CHAD-REED-WINS-IN-AUSTRALIA-BUT…

|
10/16/2010 9:51pm
HuskyEd wrote:
MXA reports after Chad Reeds win he pulls out of series. Hope it's not true. MXA has dropped the the ball before on their on-line reports...

Hope it's not true. MXA has dropped the the ball before on their on-line reports.

yup the vodafone deal was for one race only now he will concentrate on getting a US ride
10/16/2010 9:51pm Edited Date/Time 10/16/2010 9:52pm
HuskyEd wrote:
MXA reports after Chad Reeds win he pulls out of series. Hope it's not true. MXA has dropped the the ball before on their on-line reports...

or going aussie V8 car racing as a plan B
JB 19
10/16/2010 10:06pm
Interesting........seems like it could be a good deal for both parties if Pro Circuit provided engines and suspension if Chad could secure outside sponsorship to pay his own salary.

Chad could ride for Brand X Products/ Pro Circuit.

The Shop

MCfan4life
10/16/2010 10:36pm Edited Date/Time 10/16/2010 10:38pm
Chad can easily win every race of this series without any training or practice during the week - he's that far ahead of his competition speed wise. He could fly in for the weekend, clean up, then spend all week working on his 2011 deals.

Not racing the rest of the series is a huge slap in the face (and wallet) of everyone who has pre-purchased tickets to other events expecting him to race. It is still advertised on the SuperX website that Reed will be racing all rounds even though he has said he won't be. That's just wrong...

Blake
10/16/2010 11:48pm
McLaren F1. Only way he's gonna trump RC.
10/16/2010 11:50pm
MCfan4life wrote:
Chad can easily win every race of this series without any training or practice during the week - he's that far ahead of his competition speed...
Chad can easily win every race of this series without any training or practice during the week - he's that far ahead of his competition speed wise. He could fly in for the weekend, clean up, then spend all week working on his 2011 deals.

Not racing the rest of the series is a huge slap in the face (and wallet) of everyone who has pre-purchased tickets to other events expecting him to race. It is still advertised on the SuperX website that Reed will be racing all rounds even though he has said he won't be. That's just wrong...

well if this deal that he's supposed to hear about on tuesday doesnt pull though who knows what he will do?
MCfan4life
10/17/2010 12:17am
MCfan4life wrote:
Chad can easily win every race of this series without any training or practice during the week - he's that far ahead of his competition speed...

well if this deal that he's supposed to hear about on tuesday doesnt pull though who knows what he will do?
Pretty sure he said he's going to fly to the Gold Coast for the weekend to watch the V8 races. It was right after he said he was going to be real busy this week Blink

This is the same weekend that Round 2 of SuperX is on. You know, that series that is promoting Chad Reed racing the entire series...

Chad Reed and SuperX have ripped off tens of thousands of fans...
tobz
10/17/2010 12:56am
no shit, i'm glad i never bought plane tickets. Chad looked great on the Honda, dissapointing that he can't do the rest of the series. hope it's worth it in 2011
mxmaniac08
10/17/2010 1:35am
Its a shame he wont be there, but it also creates the opportunity for another aussie to stand on the box as now there is 3 spots instead of 2.
10/17/2010 4:16am
MCfan4life wrote:

MCfan4life wrote:
Pretty sure he said he's going to fly to the Gold Coast for the weekend to watch the V8 races. It was right after he said...
Pretty sure he said he's going to fly to the Gold Coast for the weekend to watch the V8 races. It was right after he said he was going to be real busy this week Blink

This is the same weekend that Round 2 of SuperX is on. You know, that series that is promoting Chad Reed racing the entire series...

Chad Reed and SuperX have ripped off tens of thousands of fans...
Yeah, that sounds like total bullshit.

So he's going to be at a car race when he should be racing SX in his own series. Unreal.

Have any of the reporters there called him on this?
ando
10/17/2010 5:39am
It is a possibility that

(a) the promoters are using Chad's name to promote the series (as they no doubt have the rights to do so), despite what Chad himself is saying;

(b) contractually, Chad might still be bound to race, and in that sense the promoters might feel they still have reasonable grounds to say he is racing.

Sounds to me like the promoters are more to blame than Chad.

I know everyone doesn't read message boards and follow the sport that closely, anyone who does would surely know that Chad has been saying for weeks that he is only racing the first round.
MX_Andrew83
10/17/2010 5:42am
It does suck for those who purchased tickets expecting to see Chad ride, however it is a good opportunity for another Aussie rider to shine.
bobby397
10/17/2010 8:06am
ando wrote:
It is a possibility that (a) the promoters are using Chad's name to promote the series (as they no doubt have the rights to do so)...
It is a possibility that

(a) the promoters are using Chad's name to promote the series (as they no doubt have the rights to do so), despite what Chad himself is saying;

(b) contractually, Chad might still be bound to race, and in that sense the promoters might feel they still have reasonable grounds to say he is racing.

Sounds to me like the promoters are more to blame than Chad.

I know everyone doesn't read message boards and follow the sport that closely, anyone who does would surely know that Chad has been saying for weeks that he is only racing the first round.
Chad is the promoter....... His twitter Bio: PRO MX/SX athlete. Part time SX promoter.
KAWboy14
10/17/2010 8:08am
MCfan4life wrote:

if he wins every round of that series he would go broke.......why do it at all?
10/17/2010 8:31am
KAWboy14 wrote:
Go broke, damn he must be worse off financially then everbody else thinks.
10/17/2010 11:35am
Blake wrote:
McLaren F1. Only way he's gonna trump RC.
how about Wardy, 2nd in the biggest single motorsports event in the world, the Indy 500! assuming my recollection is correct, I do know he is the only rider to win all 4 AMA titles when they existed, against some bad-ass competition, and 7 mx-des wins, another record,...oh yeah and he wins a lot of supermoto races, titles? He is damm near close to the Goat.
10/17/2010 5:39pm
if i was a team manager i would stay away form reed. if he wins, he is reed after all. if he loses, he blames the bike and the team. Reed is always full of excuses. bad start, dislocated shoulder(riiiight...), etc etc. he is rude to a lot of people in the industry
redalert144
Fantasy
3083rd
10/17/2010 5:59pm
if i was a team manager i would stay away form reed. if he wins, he is reed after all. if he loses, he blames the...
if i was a team manager i would stay away form reed. if he wins, he is reed after all. if he loses, he blames the bike and the team. Reed is always full of excuses. bad start, dislocated shoulder(riiiight...), etc etc. he is rude to a lot of people in the industry
Your Reed hate is unfounded, sure he was unhappy at L&M, kook at bubbles right now. Thats the way that LB wants his riders to be. How is breaking your hand and the contracting ebs a downplay on him? I say more riders should be the way CR was with the Kawi, and not just roll around top 5 and take their money. Chad wants to win and didn't feel he could on that bike. RV has cetainly showed that it can be done, so how is it a knock on Kawi? Different strokes for different folks I say
MCfan4life
10/17/2010 6:58pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
Go broke???

Put down your crack pipe!
MCfan4life
10/17/2010 7:00pm
* wrote:
Yeah, that sounds like total bullshit. So he's going to be at a car race when he should be racing SX in his own series. Unreal...
Yeah, that sounds like total bullshit.

So he's going to be at a car race when he should be racing SX in his own series. Unreal.

Have any of the reporters there called him on this?
Call him out? He's Chad f**kin Reed. They're too busy blown smoke up his ass
morning_stiffy
10/17/2010 8:12pm
if i was a team manager i would stay away form reed. if he wins, he is reed after all. if he loses, he blames the...
Your Reed hate is unfounded, sure he was unhappy at L&M, kook at bubbles right now. Thats the way that LB wants his riders to be...
Your Reed hate is unfounded, sure he was unhappy at L&M, kook at bubbles right now. Thats the way that LB wants his riders to be. How is breaking your hand and the contracting ebs a downplay on him? I say more riders should be the way CR was with the Kawi, and not just roll around top 5 and take their money. Chad wants to win and didn't feel he could on that bike. RV has cetainly showed that it can be done, so how is it a knock on Kawi? Different strokes for different folks I say
Its true. Reed wins, and hes nice. He loses, he puts the blame on someone/something else... He needs to grow up already. Isnt he 28? He should start acting like it. And stop acting like he can still win in America.
redalert144
Fantasy
3083rd
10/17/2010 8:27pm
Its true. Reed wins, and hes nice. He loses, he puts the blame on someone/something else... He needs to grow up already. Isnt he 28? He...
Its true. Reed wins, and hes nice. He loses, he puts the blame on someone/something else... He needs to grow up already. Isnt he 28? He should start acting like it. And stop acting like he can still win in America.
Obviously you haven't watched any SX or MX the last 2 years
morning_stiffy
10/17/2010 8:30pm
Its true. Reed wins, and hes nice. He loses, he puts the blame on someone/something else... He needs to grow up already. Isnt he 28? He...
Yes, i have. I didnt say he couldnt win in the past... I said he cant STILL win...

Learn to comprehend posts better before you reply.

moron.
redalert144
Fantasy
3083rd
10/17/2010 8:40pm
Yes, i have. I didnt say he couldnt win in the past... I said he cant STILL win... Learn to comprehend posts better before you reply...
Yes, i have. I didnt say he couldnt win in the past... I said he cant STILL win...

moron.
Sorry bud, you're the moron
the_wood109
10/17/2010 10:45pm Edited Date/Time 10/17/2010 10:54pm
Yes, i have. I didnt say he couldnt win in the past... I said he cant STILL win... Learn to comprehend posts better before you reply...

moron.
So Reedy can't STILL win, but he just did? Is this starting before or after the last race?

Better yet....when was the last time he didn't win? Would he have any reason to think that he can't win races this year?

On which date can Reed no longer win? While you are at it, provide some examples of him "not acting grown up" in the last 2 years.

He is a potential employee seeking employment. Do you not sell yourself when you apply for a job? Not to mention the fact that the guy has the resume to back it up...

The easy part is to make the name of "morning_stiffy" and call people morons.

Post a reply to: Chad, One and Done?

The Latest