Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/12/2018 3:53 PM

Anyone have experience with this? I'm unwilling to go with fusion...

Thx..

|

2019 KTM 350 XC-F
Daytona Dirt Riders (DDR)
Floridatrailriders.org (FTR)

1/12/2018 5:21 PM

I had my pelvis and first vertebrae fused because my first vertebrae had broke. Then I was still having trouble and had my second vertebrae fused to the the first and pelvis.
They went in through my stomach and took out the disc and put shins in. Sewed me up and flipped me over and cut into my back and put the rods and studs in then sewed that side up. Had that operation twice in a year. But I’m good to go now!!Photo

|

1/12/2018 5:23 PM

That was the first one. Can’t get the second image to load...
But Christian Craig has his back fused from the pelvis up to about his shoulder blades. Google it, it’s nasty..

|

1/12/2018 5:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2018 5:27 PM

EastFlorida wrote:

Thx..

Have you officially been told you are a candidate for it?

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

1/12/2018 5:40 PM

EastFlorida wrote:

Thx..

kzizok wrote:

2 level herniation 10 years ago. They wanted to fuse it then. Over a year, I got better but was told I'm on borrowed time. 10 years later it looks like my time is up...

Insurance requires x-ray before MRI. X-ray completed yesterday, MRI next week I hope because I'm in terrible agony...

|

2019 KTM 350 XC-F

1/12/2018 5:49 PM

Just had two level ACDF and a fusion in October. Whole neck was wrecked, so decided on ACD at C4 and C5, so I could have range on motion and then fusion of C6/C7. Also had a stability stint put in T1 due to stress fracture. I'm about 3 months post-op, and neck feels great, plus. We've function has returned to arm and hand. Just have that gnarly neck scar

|

1/12/2018 5:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2018 5:54 PM

EastFlorida wrote:

Thx..

kzizok wrote:

EastFlorida wrote:

2 level herniation 10 years ago. They wanted to fuse it then. Over a year, I got better but was told I'm on borrowed time. 10 years later it looks like my time is up...

Insurance requires x-ray before MRI. X-ray completed yesterday, MRI next week I hope because I'm in terrible agony...

I take that as a no (specifically been told you are a candidate). My point is, it may or may not even be an option.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

1/12/2018 6:11 PM

kzizok wrote:

EastFlorida wrote:

kzizok wrote:

I take that as a no (specifically been told you are a candidate). My point is, it may or may not even be an option.

I was a candidate for the Neodisc FDA study back in 2007. I didn't go through with it as I had a 50/50 change of the ADR or Fusion. 9 months later I got better. Now 10 years later it is back. I was told then it was just a matter of time, so I'm thinking my time is up...

|

2019 KTM 350 XC-F

1/13/2018 5:50 AM

EastFlorida wrote:

Thx..

Just curious, besides the lack of flexibility why are you opposed to fusion? I m heading down that road also and would like to get input from fellow moto guys.

|