Cdn Moto - $100k payout for 2018

Related:
Create New Tag

8/14/2017 2:48 PM

And a ton of other changes! If you have the time check out the presser, http://www.ride-motox.com/2017/08/14/jetwerx-press-conference/ it's about 35 min.

If not, here's the coles notes version:

Travel money for teams at factory, satellite, and privateer levels. And a "team incentive program"
Better sound & viewing at tracks.
Better media access - wifi, food, etc
Saturday racing
More outreach - involvement in local visits - schools, hospitals, colleges
Start doing press conferences
VIP areas

And, new for 2018, it's now "Motorcross" and "Superrcross" according to the logos. unsure

Photo



Photo

|

8/14/2017 2:57 PM

Based on the press conference I guess it's pretty much a done deal that Rockstar is pulling their sponsorship from the other series. Unless some big changes I think the regular Canadian MX series is going to struggle next year, with such low purse I can't see many riders wanting to do it.

|

8/14/2017 3:02 PM

jorgechavez wrote:

Based on the press conference I guess it's pretty much a done deal that Rockstar is pulling their sponsorship from the other series. Unless some big changes I think the regular Canadian MX series is going to struggle next year, with such low purse I can't see many riders wanting to do it.

What's the current purse?

|

8/14/2017 3:04 PM

100k canadian? So like 10 bucks USD?

|

8/14/2017 3:09 PM

St Ann More wrote:

What's the current purse?

I'm not 100% sure but I believe it's something like $600 for a win? Don't quote me on that, though.

|

8/14/2017 3:10 PM

crowe176 wrote:

100k canadian? So like 10 bucks USD?

Yes, 10 or 78,540. C'mon, man.

|

8/14/2017 3:11 PM

Good:
Purse + incentives
Triple crown concept
Some interesting venues
FIM affiliation

Bad:
No TV announcement
No news on committed teams
TBAs


Battle lines are being drawn, no CMRC venues appear to have swapped over.

So far, I'm not sure that Jetwerx has built such a compelling package that we will see a mass exodus from CMRC.

CMRC's strongest asset has always been their TV production. These guys hint at shopping around a live package that sounds a long ways from a sure thing.

In a perfect world, everyone would get along. We can only hope that whatever comes to be is an improvement.

|

8/14/2017 3:18 PM

Adam43 wrote:

Good:
Purse + incentives
Triple crown concept
Some interesting venues
FIM affiliation

Bad:
No TV announcement
No news on committed teams
TBAs


Battle lines are being drawn, no CMRC venues appear to have swapped over.

So far, I'm not sure that Jetwerx has built such a compelling package that we will see a mass exodus from CMRC.

CMRC's strongest asset has always been their TV production. These guys hint at shopping around a live package that sounds a long ways from a sure thing.

In a perfect world, everyone would get along. We can only hope that whatever comes to be is an improvement.

The wording they used was "staying with Conx2share" for the live production.

As far as if/when that production ends up on TV, I seem to recall that being discussed in the original announcement but can't find it now.

|

8/14/2017 4:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2017 4:12 PM

I'm not seeing the "Motorcross" and "Superrcross" typos, where are they? Or...did you quote them and then mis "kwote" them?

Fake noose.

|

8/14/2017 4:23 PM

byke wrote:

I'm not seeing the "Motorcross" and "Superrcross" typos, where are they? Or...did you quote them and then mis "kwote" them?

Fake noose.

Aw crap, the bottom of the second pic is cut off. Lemme search around see if I can find a different one.

|

8/14/2017 4:24 PM

You're serious, that's what they wrote? Haha!

|

8/14/2017 4:27 PM

Photo

|

8/14/2017 4:29 PM

byke wrote:

You're serious, that's what they wrote? Haha!

Posted different shot, pretty small but you should be able to see it.

I saw the Superrcross one first and thought maybe it was a trade mark thing. Then I saw motoRcross.

|

8/14/2017 5:27 PM

wait what, this makes absolutely no sense

so rockstar is pulling out of Cmrc? and starting their own series that pays 100k?
100k per race? or 100k for the championship?

So a canadian sx and mx series?

|

"Life is Too Short To Last Long"

8/14/2017 6:21 PM

Aside from the AX and SX series', which are great ideas, the MX series needs work. It has CMA/FIM affiliation, great.. but that calendar doesn't exactly do much for me. Only 8 rounds, and no Walton, Gopher, Ste. Julie, etc.

|

8/14/2017 7:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2017 7:24 PM

Supercross ? Why not just call all of them arenacrosses too lol, I looked the one place up it's a hockey rink

|

8/14/2017 8:02 PM

jorgechavez wrote:

Based on the press conference I guess it's pretty much a done deal that Rockstar is pulling their sponsorship from the other series. Unless some big changes I think the regular Canadian MX series is going to struggle next year, with such low purse I can't see many riders wanting to do it.

St Ann More wrote:

What's the current purse?

jorgechavez wrote:

I'm not 100% sure but I believe it's something like $600 for a win? Don't quote me on that, though.

I'd be interested to see the run down, anyone got anything?

|

8/14/2017 8:12 PM

Unless CMRC can get Redbull as a sponser they are done pros and privateers will follow the money CMRC has already gone through Monster and now Rockstar as sponsers plus they've pissed off everyone along the way.

|

8/14/2017 8:16 PM

CSMX ranch is a great track. It will be the Red Bud of Canada . Stamped it.

|

8/14/2017 8:30 PM

kevin204 wrote:

Aside from the AX and SX series', which are great ideas, the MX series needs work. It has CMA/FIM affiliation, great.. but that calendar doesn't exactly do much for me. Only 8 rounds, and no Walton, Gopher, Ste. Julie, etc.

I'll 2nd that. This year's series had 10 I believe and I thought that was kind of short, 12 sounds like a good number for some reason. Moving to Saturday doesn't seem like a great move with the US series already there. It will be tough trying to setup something like the nbcsn gold package if everyone's watching the ama nationals. I didn't mind the conx2share deal, I watched the replay Sunday nights so I could skip forward and not have it take up 5 hrs of my Sunday. I really get a kick out of the commentating, those Canadians are something else and are actually less painful to listen to than Timmy and Jeff most of the time.
I watched every round this year and it was some good racing. There were a few riders (Clason, Epstein, Maffenbeier) that really surprised me with their speed. Would like to see Maffenbeier come down for the last few nationals to see where he stands.

|

8/14/2017 8:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2017 8:35 PM

Where is the CSMX Ranch and how come I've never heard of it?

Edit, google is my friend, duh

|

8/14/2017 9:13 PM

mx617 wrote:

And a ton of other changes! If you have the time check out the presser, http://www.ride-motox.com/2017/08/14/jetwerx-press-conference/ it's about 35 min.

If not, here's the coles notes version:

Travel money for teams at factory, satellite, and privateer levels. And a "team incentive program"
Better sound & viewing at tracks.
Better media access - wifi, food, etc
Saturday racing
More outreach - involvement in local visits - schools, hospitals, colleges
Start doing press conferences
VIP areas

And, new for 2018, it's now "Motorcross" and "Superrcross" according to the logos. unsure

Photo



Photo

So Prince George (Blackwater) just made an announcement on their social media page that they aren't hosting a Jet Werk race?

|

8/14/2017 9:19 PM

St Ann More wrote:

What's the current purse?

jorgechavez wrote:

I'm not 100% sure but I believe it's something like $600 for a win? Don't quote me on that, though.

St Ann More wrote:

I'd be interested to see the run down, anyone got anything?

Found this, granted it's from 2011 but I don't think there's been any major changes. $400 for mx2 moto win and $1000 for mx1. Maybe teamgreen or mav can confirm if it's still accurate?

https://m.facebook.com/notes/cmrc-motocross-pro-national-series/payout-schedule-for-pro-racers/202681196431363/

|

8/14/2017 9:22 PM

kevin204 wrote:

Aside from the AX and SX series', which are great ideas, the MX series needs work. It has CMA/FIM affiliation, great.. but that calendar doesn't exactly do much for me. Only 8 rounds, and no Walton, Gopher, Ste. Julie, etc.

MohMoto14 wrote:

I'll 2nd that. This year's series had 10 I believe and I thought that was kind of short, 12 sounds like a good number for some reason. Moving to Saturday doesn't seem like a great move with the US series already there. It will be tough trying to setup something like the nbcsn gold package if everyone's watching the ama nationals. I didn't mind the conx2share deal, I watched the replay Sunday nights so I could skip forward and not have it take up 5 hrs of my Sunday. I really get a kick out of the commentating, those Canadians are something else and are actually less painful to listen to than Timmy and Jeff most of the time.
I watched every round this year and it was some good racing. There were a few riders (Clason, Epstein, Maffenbeier) that really surprised me with their speed. Would like to see Maffenbeier come down for the last few nationals to see where he stands.

Overall the number of pro races is up I think, if you add all three together.
Conx2sgare sounds like it will be back next year. And yeah the announcing is great, little creepy on the girls at times. But I don't know if they'd bail on the cmrc. Or if jetwerx might want new guys in for fresh blood.

|

8/14/2017 9:25 PM

Motodave15 wrote:

wait what, this makes absolutely no sense

so rockstar is pulling out of Cmrc? and starting their own series that pays 100k?
100k per race? or 100k for the championship?

So a canadian sx and mx series?

Yes, rockstar pulling out of cmrc nationals.

No they're not starting their own series, they are sponsoring the one jetwerx is starting. Jetwerx already runs multiple series in Canada and the US.

The 100k I'm a little fuzzy on, not 100% sure but I think it's the total purse for the 3 championships. But it also sounded like it could be $100k total payout for winning the 3 series. Pretty sure it's the first option though.

|

8/14/2017 9:28 PM

r.sal923 wrote:

CSMX ranch is a great track. It will be the Red Bud of Canada . Stamped it.

Great track... maybe. But a long long ways from a national caliber track. Lack of anything exciting or areas to stretch out a bike. Lots of potential with the property but needs some work. In my opinion.

And in the middle of no where for a national.

|

8/14/2017 9:36 PM

r.sal923 wrote:

CSMX ranch is a great track. It will be the Red Bud of Canada . Stamped it.

Lunch_Box wrote:

Great track... maybe. But a long long ways from a national caliber track. Lack of anything exciting or areas to stretch out a bike. Lots of potential with the property but needs some work. In my opinion.

And in the middle of no where for a national.

A stretch to say it's in Calgary. 1hr east of Calgary maybe.

|

8/14/2017 9:38 PM

mx617 wrote:

Yes, rockstar pulling out of cmrc nationals.

No they're not starting their own series, they are sponsoring the one jetwerx is starting. Jetwerx already runs multiple series in Canada and the US.

The 100k I'm a little fuzzy on, not 100% sure but I think it's the total purse for the 3 championships. But it also sounded like it could be $100k total payout for winning the 3 series. Pretty sure it's the first option though.

Did your mom tell you they are pulling out?

|

8/14/2017 9:48 PM

jorgechavez wrote:

I'm not 100% sure but I believe it's something like $600 for a win? Don't quote me on that, though.

St Ann More wrote:

I'd be interested to see the run down, anyone got anything?

mx617 wrote:

Found this, granted it's from 2011 but I don't think there's been any major changes. $400 for mx2 moto win and $1000 for mx1. Maybe teamgreen or mav can confirm if it's still accurate?

https://m.facebook.com/notes/cmrc-motocross-pro-national-series/payout-schedule-for-pro-racers/202681196431363/

I was a tad off haha.. but yeah that should be I think the purse has been the same for awhile now.

|

8/14/2017 10:12 PM

Motodave15 wrote:

wait what, this makes absolutely no sense

so rockstar is pulling out of Cmrc? and starting their own series that pays 100k?
100k per race? or 100k for the championship?

So a canadian sx and mx series?

mx617 wrote:

Yes, rockstar pulling out of cmrc nationals.

No they're not starting their own series, they are sponsoring the one jetwerx is starting. Jetwerx already runs multiple series in Canada and the US.

The 100k I'm a little fuzzy on, not 100% sure but I think it's the total purse for the 3 championships. But it also sounded like it could be $100k total payout for winning the 3 series. Pretty sure it's the first option though.

kstyle wrote:

Did your mom tell you they are pulling out?

Lol no but the press conference did

|