Catfish TV show motos

Related:
Create New Tag

3/14/2018 6:08 AM

So about two years ago me and my cousin were at Gorman trail riding. Halfway through a loop we run into two random dudes with new bikes that seem lost, they ask if they can follow us. "Sure".

Went on the single track loops. Some pretty tech stuff. Went at a good pace for about an hour. They kept up just fine. We get back to the track and we're sitting there talking for a bit. And I say "hey you sound like that guy from cat fish". Dude took off his goggles and says "dammit how'd you know!" And it was Nev and the grey haired dude. Not bad riders either.

Thought I'd share. I woke up and the show is on MTV right now.

My buddy's dad also had a Fabio encounter at Gorman about 20 years ago and they became loose friends.

Anyone else have any celebrity encounters with Moto?

|

3/14/2018 6:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2018 6:33 AM

I met Joey from friends at the Wisp GNCC years ago.

|

3/14/2018 6:38 AM

agn5009 wrote:

I met Joey from friends at the Wisp GNCC years ago.

Was he riding or just hanging out?

|

3/14/2018 6:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2018 7:12 AM

agn5009 wrote:

I met Joey from friends at the Wisp GNCC years ago.

rongi#401 wrote:

Was he riding or just hanging out?

Just hanging out. I think his sister is married to Rodney Smith or something? I am probably wrong on that lol.

Anyways, he was a really cool guy. Very nice guy and a huge fan of dirt bikes.

Edit: I am wrong. Rodney's wife is the sister of one of the members from the band ten man push.

|

3/14/2018 6:50 AM

That’s a pretty cool story man! I actually watch their catfish show. Some episodes seem really fake, but a couple are kinda interesting to watch for the drama and weirdos on there. Lol

|

3/14/2018 7:03 AM

Cokeham23 wrote:

That’s a pretty cool story man! I actually watch their catfish show. Some episodes seem really fake, but a couple are kinda interesting to watch for the drama and weirdos on there. Lol

I like it too. My wife picks on me all the time for watching it. I feel bad for some of the people who think they're dating a girl/guy who is clearly a model or something. It's sad but then again I can't help but feel amazed how dumb some of these people are.

|

3/14/2018 7:16 AM

That's pretty sweet. What was Nev riding?

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

3/14/2018 7:32 AM

Hahaha that’s awesome

|

3/14/2018 8:20 AM

agn5009 wrote:

I like it too. My wife picks on me all the time for watching it. I feel bad for some of the people who think they're dating a girl/guy who is clearly a model or something. It's sad but then again I can't help but feel amazed how dumb some of these people are.

Did you see the one where the dude thought he was talking/dating Katy Perry for like 2 years?!

|

3/14/2018 8:27 AM

Back in December 2015/Jan2016, me and my local moto buddy (Dustin) were in an episode of MTV's Suspect, which Nev hosted alongside iO. The Episode was sort of moto themed. It was a pretty cool experience.

Here's the link if you want to check it out: http://www.mtv.com/episodes/mmhanf/mtv-suspect-anthony-dustin-and-brendan-jamar-season-1-ep-105

|

3/14/2018 11:52 PM

Stuntman949 wrote:

That's pretty sweet. What was Nev riding?

He was riding a ktm with a headlight. Trail version of 450 I think

|

3/15/2018 12:47 AM

I'll take Threads Never Expected in a Million Years for $1000, Alex

Wow, crazy random but pretty cool at the same time

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

3/15/2018 1:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2018 1:33 AM

agn5009 wrote:

I met Joey from friends at the Wisp GNCC years ago.

Yea, Matt Leblanc (no relation to the upcoming 250 rider) is a big moto guy





?start=75
|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

3/15/2018 2:23 AM

I remember Matt LeBlanc once said on a late night talk show (can't remember which) that the last time he was star struck was meeting James Stewart.. I just tried to find it but couldn't
I also remember seeing fox stickers on his fridge on friends and there's an episode of friends and McGrath and Lawrence were extras in the coffee shop.. I think Colin Edwards was there too

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

3/15/2018 7:16 AM

Cokeham23 wrote:

That’s a pretty cool story man! I actually watch their catfish show. Some episodes seem really fake, but a couple are kinda interesting to watch for the drama and weirdos on there. Lol

agn5009 wrote:

I like it too. My wife picks on me all the time for watching it. I feel bad for some of the people who think they're dating a girl/guy who is clearly a model or something. It's sad but then again I can't help but feel amazed how dumb some of these people are.

Cokeham23 wrote:

Did you see the one where the dude thought he was talking/dating Katy Perry for like 2 years?!

I don't remember seeing that one lol. It's a crazy world we live in.

|

3/15/2018 11:31 AM

jemcee wrote:

I remember Matt LeBlanc once said on a late night talk show (can't remember which) that the last time he was star struck was meeting James Stewart.. I just tried to find it but couldn't
I also remember seeing fox stickers on his fridge on friends and there's an episode of friends and McGrath and Lawrence were extras in the coffee shop.. I think Colin Edwards was there too

I have some mid 2000s Moto dvd box set that has a different host per each DVD. I can't remember the name of the series, but there were 3 DVDs in the box, one for SX, one for MX, one for off-road. I think McGrath was the host for SX, Pastrana (I think?) was the host for MX, and Matt Leblanc was host for off-road. At the time I was very confused why they put the guy from Friends in my Moto video... He actually seems like he's a pretty decent rider from the few clips they had of him.

|