jg393
Edited Date/Time 4/19/2021 6:02pm
Anyone else expected more? Coty is running rings round him on lesser equipment
|
JJO741
Fantasy
3035th
3/13/2021 5:28pm
He is better than this. I don’t what is going on. It has to be a confidence issue because he is a good rider and he is on good equipment.
shortshift5
3/13/2021 5:30pm
Right wtf. Was fine in qualifying. He’s a product of a good upbringing but maybe the talent just isn’t there??
jg393
3/13/2021 5:33pm
Right wtf. Was fine in qualifying. He’s a product of a good upbringing but maybe the talent just isn’t there??
He showed promice in outdoors I thought at the end of season, but imagine circumstances being different not qualifying on a geico bike
bigk218
Fantasy
3155th
3/13/2021 5:35pm
Just another example of how pathetic these amateur programs are. They set the riders up for failure. We’re about to see this exact thing happen to the new wave of star riders etc..... mum will be ok but it will take a season.

The Shop

Kyle978
3/13/2021 5:37pm
He’s fucked me on fantasy twice now, we are breaking up for good.
jg393
3/13/2021 5:39pm
bigk218 wrote:
Just another example of how pathetic these amateur programs are. They set the riders up for failure. We’re about to see this exact thing happen to...
Just another example of how pathetic these amateur programs are. They set the riders up for failure. We’re about to see this exact thing happen to the new wave of star riders etc..... mum will be ok but it will take a season.
Agreed
Press516
Fantasy
126th
3/13/2021 5:41pm
Not at all where I expected him.... 5-6 in the heats and 10-11 in the mains, and it's not happening. He's not qualifying in a regional event. Hope he finds it soon.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
3/13/2021 5:41pm
bigk218 wrote:
Just another example of how pathetic these amateur programs are. They set the riders up for failure. We’re about to see this exact thing happen to...
More like another example of factories not allowed to sponsor amateurs or a salary cap and then use that money to support privateers trying to make it professionally on your brand
hubbardmx50
3/13/2021 5:46pm
Lesser equipment? Shock’s bike is different?
jg393
3/13/2021 5:55pm
I believe so, maybe ML can
Confirm
3/13/2021 8:51pm
Yeah I think they should have raced East coast to be honest...I get their contract says "west" but man Carson would be doing a lot better on the East coast and giving him confidence going into outdoors and 2022. Big BUMMER
Archer285
3/13/2021 8:52pm
jg393 wrote:
I believe so, maybe ML can
Confirm
Bikes are equal
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/13/2021 9:00pm
I definitely expected better from him, but he will get better. I have faith in the kid. He’s getting beat by guys he’s for sure faster than. He will get it together.
jk367
3/13/2021 9:23pm
Kids got skills we got a taste of it outdoors so I think he will come around. I just hope it happens before he’s out of a ride. I hate to see these kids get spit out so fast. How about Coty though? Damn he has improved tons
mb60
3/13/2021 10:05pm Edited Date/Time 3/13/2021 10:06pm
I feel for this kid because I'm a fan of his. He comes across as sincere and genuine in his videos. Seems something is in his head from what I have seen and his struggles show on the track in supercross. Hope he figures it out and somehow can be racing for the top 10 where he should be.
foreman52
Fantasy
3178th
3/14/2021 6:17am
Yes, has to be frustrating for him. These rides will only push his ego and confidence down when he’s way better than the results on the board. I had him pegged as one of the underdogs this season placing in the top 10 consistently. Fan of his and hope he gets it together!
3/14/2021 6:30am
I think this is one of those occasions where lack of confidence and doubt is running the show. Out of all the kids from the Geico fall out he got the short end of the stick ride wise. Then the first round goes into the toilet and now he is probably just in his own head from flailing in front of his peers and sponsors. That is usually followed by over thinking and pushing himself in the wrong way. Clearly there is talent there but probably not the right situation currently for a hyped up kid not coming through. But it appears when everyone was deciding to scoop up the Geico riders, the teams got it right to take others before him.
3/14/2021 10:52am Edited Date/Time 3/14/2021 10:56am
Imagine if Mumford had ended up on the Geico bike like he was supposed to. He would have been the biggest Supercross rookie let down since Big Air Tom.
Schock has shown that the bike is plenty capable.
Zycki11
3/14/2021 11:01am
TeamGreen wrote:
He sooo needs to get better starts
This.... He is a product of his environment. Start well and he will do well. Start in the back of the pack and he runs that pace. He seems to be lacking aggression and that means confidence.
Lightning78
3/14/2021 11:04am
Kyle978 wrote:
He’s fucked me on fantasy twice now, we are breaking up for good.
Haha this is funny
3/14/2021 12:42pm
Imagine if Mumford had ended up on the Geico bike like he was supposed to. He would have been the biggest Supercross rookie let down since...
Imagine if Mumford had ended up on the Geico bike like he was supposed to. He would have been the biggest Supercross rookie let down since Big Air Tom.
He's not even close to being as disappointing as Big Air Tom
3/14/2021 12:55pm
Imagine if Mumford had ended up on the Geico bike like he was supposed to. He would have been the biggest Supercross rookie let down since...
If he had been on a Geico Honda bike and failed to make main events like he has, I would say that qualifies. The Husky team that Big Air Tom rode for certainty didn’t have the pedigree that Geico Honda did.
3/14/2021 1:03pm
If he had been on a Geico Honda bike and failed to make main events like he has, I would say that qualifies. The Husky team...
If he had been on a Geico Honda bike and failed to make main events like he has, I would say that qualifies. The Husky team that Big Air Tom rode for certainty didn’t have the pedigree that Geico Honda did.
True. I'm also looking at how disappointing Tom was in mx too where he was sopposed to be a title contender. We're just talking sx here though.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
3/14/2021 2:22pm
You guys are quick to write off a rookie. It's not going great, but he didn't get to where he is without having some talent.

During practice yesterday it appeared a few times that he may have had a knee/leg/ankle issue of some sort bothering him. Perhaps he's been riding through an injury or something also that is holding him back beyond just being a rookie.

philG
3/14/2021 2:24pm
You guys are quick to write off a rookie. It's not going great, but he didn't get to where he is without having some talent. During...
You guys are quick to write off a rookie. It's not going great, but he didn't get to where he is without having some talent.

During practice yesterday it appeared a few times that he may have had a knee/leg/ankle issue of some sort bothering him. Perhaps he's been riding through an injury or something also that is holding him back beyond just being a rookie.

I saw that too, looked like he jarred a knee at the end of quali... if the guy is injured, tell us and let him heal up. Not making the main in a series that is half the guys is never gonna help.
djc
3/14/2021 2:49pm
Honestly I was wondering what was going on with him also. He is better then this maybe he has or had a injury that is causing a issue.
Lastander
3/15/2021 11:26am
You guys are quick to write off a rookie. It's not going great, but he didn't get to where he is without having some talent. During...

Wouldnt we have seen anything from either ML or Carson? I heard rumors of him ”flying at the testtrack” and on instagram videos it looked great, it certainly looks as if he is injured now though.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
3/15/2021 11:46pm

Lastander wrote:
Wouldnt we have seen anything from either ML or Carson? I heard rumors of him ”flying at the testtrack” and on instagram videos it looked great...
Wouldnt we have seen anything from either ML or Carson? I heard rumors of him ”flying at the testtrack” and on instagram videos it looked great, it certainly looks as if he is injured now though.
Hard saying with our industry. I can imagine sponsors invested heavily into the idea of having Carson there because he is a talent that excites people... which is why I say, give him time.

ML from what I've seen and heard is:

1) Super busy trying to make sure this team succeeds and gives his guys the best which limits his time to pop in.
2) Making sure he's being a team manager and going through proper channels to release info. (speculation, he's always been a super open book)

I hate speculating that Carson is hurt, but watching what I saw as a rider looked like at the minimum a jammed knee or ankle... a stinger.... could just be that.

Regardless, the kid has skills, he has a fantastic support system, and he's only 3 races into his professional SX debut. Remember at one point JMart didn't qualify for his first SX main ever and has 2 AMA National titles.

I just say, give him time and let's see. He could bust, or he could be legit and stay around. It's a tough field too, remember that and he was good outdoors.

Luckily Schock is "shocking" everyone, otherwise everyone would blame the program. I heard through the industry guys questioning ML512 going racing with Coty, and I don't blame their questions, but Coty and Michael and crew are definitely justifying that decision. The dude has improved his SX skills a ton, the program is clearly growing, and I'm so proud of them.

Post a reply to: Carson Mumford

The Latest