Carson Mumford

Related:
Create New Tag

3/13/2021 5:26 PM

Anyone else expected more? Coty is running rings round him on lesser equipment

|

3/13/2021 5:28 PM

He is better than this. I don’t what is going on. It has to be a confidence issue because he is a good rider and he is on good equipment.

|

3/13/2021 5:30 PM

Right wtf. Was fine in qualifying. He’s a product of a good upbringing but maybe the talent just isn’t there??

|

3/13/2021 5:33 PM

shortshift5 wrote:

Right wtf. Was fine in qualifying. He’s a product of a good upbringing but maybe the talent just isn’t there??

He showed promice in outdoors I thought at the end of season, but imagine circumstances being different not qualifying on a geico bike

|

3/13/2021 5:35 PM

Just another example of how pathetic these amateur programs are. They set the riders up for failure. We’re about to see this exact thing happen to the new wave of star riders etc..... mum will be ok but it will take a season.

|

3/13/2021 5:37 PM

He’s fucked me on fantasy twice now, we are breaking up for good.

|

3/13/2021 5:39 PM

Totally screwed me in fantasy this week.

|

MCM2 name - RXR_ProKawi24
PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2 (soon to be MES3)

3/13/2021 5:39 PM

bigk218 wrote:

Just another example of how pathetic these amateur programs are. They set the riders up for failure. We’re about to see this ...more

Agreed

|

3/13/2021 5:41 PM

Not at all where I expected him.... 5-6 in the heats and 10-11 in the mains, and it's not happening. He's not qualifying in a regional event. Hope he finds it soon.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

3/13/2021 5:41 PM

bigk218 wrote:

Just another example of how pathetic these amateur programs are. They set the riders up for failure. We’re about to see this ...more

More like another example of factories not allowed to sponsor amateurs or a salary cap and then use that money to support privateers trying to make it professionally on your brand

|

3/13/2021 5:46 PM

Lesser equipment? Shock’s bike is different?

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

3/13/2021 5:50 PM

He sooo needs to get better starts

|

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.

3/13/2021 5:55 PM

hubbardmx50 wrote:

I believe so, maybe ML can
Confirm

|

3/13/2021 8:51 PM

Yeah I think they should have raced East coast to be honest...I get their contract says "west" but man Carson would be doing a lot better on the East coast and giving him confidence going into outdoors and 2022. Big BUMMER

|

3/13/2021 8:52 PM

hubbardmx50 wrote:

jg393 wrote:

I believe so, maybe ML can
Confirm

Bikes are equal

|

3/13/2021 9:00 PM

I definitely expected better from him, but he will get better. I have faith in the kid. He’s getting beat by guys he’s for sure faster than. He will get it together.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

3/13/2021 9:23 PM

Kids got skills we got a taste of it outdoors so I think he will come around. I just hope it happens before he’s out of a ride. I hate to see these kids get spit out so fast. How about Coty though? Damn he has improved tons

|

3/13/2021 10:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2021 10:06 PM

I feel for this kid because I'm a fan of his. He comes across as sincere and genuine in his videos. Seems something is in his head from what I have seen and his struggles show on the track in supercross. Hope he figures it out and somehow can be racing for the top 10 where he should be.

|

3/14/2021 6:17 AM

Yes, has to be frustrating for him. These rides will only push his ego and confidence down when he’s way better than the results on the board. I had him pegged as one of the underdogs this season placing in the top 10 consistently. Fan of his and hope he gets it together!

|

3/14/2021 6:30 AM

I think this is one of those occasions where lack of confidence and doubt is running the show. Out of all the kids from the Geico fall out he got the short end of the stick ride wise. Then the first round goes into the toilet and now he is probably just in his own head from flailing in front of his peers and sponsors. That is usually followed by over thinking and pushing himself in the wrong way. Clearly there is talent there but probably not the right situation currently for a hyped up kid not coming through. But it appears when everyone was deciding to scoop up the Geico riders, the teams got it right to take others before him.

|

3/14/2021 10:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/14/2021 10:56 AM

Imagine if Mumford had ended up on the Geico bike like he was supposed to. He would have been the biggest Supercross rookie let down since Big Air Tom.
Schock has shown that the bike is plenty capable.

|

3/14/2021 11:01 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

He sooo needs to get better starts

This.... He is a product of his environment. Start well and he will do well. Start in the back of the pack and he runs that pace. He seems to be lacking aggression and that means confidence.

|

3/14/2021 11:04 AM

Kyle978 wrote:

He’s fucked me on fantasy twice now, we are breaking up for good.

Haha this is funny

|

3/14/2021 12:42 PM

quadzrulebro wrote:

Imagine if Mumford had ended up on the Geico bike like he was supposed to. He would have been the biggest Supercross rookie ...more

He's not even close to being as disappointing as Big Air Tom

|

3/14/2021 12:55 PM

quadzrulebro wrote:

Imagine if Mumford had ended up on the Geico bike like he was supposed to. He would have been the biggest Supercross rookie ...more

Chris_Buehler wrote:

If he had been on a Geico Honda bike and failed to make main events like he has, I would say that qualifies. The Husky team that Big Air Tom rode for certainty didn’t have the pedigree that Geico Honda did.

|

3/14/2021 1:03 PM

quadzrulebro wrote:

Chris_Buehler wrote:

quadzrulebro wrote:

If he had been on a Geico Honda bike and failed to make main events like he has, I would say that qualifies. The Husky team ...more

True. I'm also looking at how disappointing Tom was in mx too where he was sopposed to be a title contender. We're just talking sx here though.

|

3/14/2021 2:22 PM

You guys are quick to write off a rookie. It's not going great, but he didn't get to where he is without having some talent.

During practice yesterday it appeared a few times that he may have had a knee/leg/ankle issue of some sort bothering him. Perhaps he's been riding through an injury or something also that is holding him back beyond just being a rookie.

|

Race Tech Director of Marketing
www.racetech.com
Proud supporters of VitalMX. Ask me about the VitalMX Discount!

3/14/2021 2:24 PM

Riesenberg448 wrote:

You guys are quick to write off a rookie. It's not going great, but he didn't get to where he is without having some talent.

...more

I saw that too, looked like he jarred a knee at the end of quali... if the guy is injured, tell us and let him heal up. Not making the main in a series that is half the guys is never gonna help.

|

3/14/2021 2:49 PM

Honestly I was wondering what was going on with him also. He is better then this maybe he has or had a injury that is causing a issue.

|

3/15/2021 11:26 AM

Riesenberg448 wrote:

...more

Wouldnt we have seen anything from either ML or Carson? I heard rumors of him ”flying at the testtrack” and on instagram videos it looked great, it certainly looks as if he is injured now though.

|