Carson Brown pro debut at high point?

Rickyisms
His most recent IG post hints at it. Sorry if a thread has already been made for this.
|
bsharkey
6/14/2018 8:35pm
Should be interesting I'm going to say 15 through 20th
bsharkey
6/14/2018 8:36pm
Should be interesting I'm going to say 15 through 20th. The lights Class is stack full of vet Talent and good young Talent right now.
Slaughter612s
Fantasy
215th
6/14/2018 9:14pm
Surprised he just didn't jump on a 450 and give it hell. Hope he can make something happen, kid has great style and seems like a nice guy. Good luck.

The Shop

visser62
6/14/2018 9:25pm
I'll be rooting like hell for him.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
6/14/2018 9:42pm Edited Date/Time 6/14/2018 9:43pm
I'm going to be realistic and say 25th-30th.

I know he's talented, but some of you guys around here think he's the next Forkner or something. He's been a decent amateur, nothing to knock your socks off except for some videos of him railing on a pit bike, which if you were around during the mini-bike craze, every amateur would look like Herlings on one of those things.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
6/14/2018 9:47pm
Another amateur making their pro debut is Brock Papi. He won the 450 B title at Loretta's last year.

Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
6/14/2018 9:51pm
If he doesn't learn to shift that son of a gun .....he won't be top 20.
loftyair
6/14/2018 9:59pm
Marchbanks has been ripping. You never know. Maybe 10iSH. Most likely 15.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
6/14/2018 10:00pm Edited Date/Time 6/14/2018 10:00pm
loftyair wrote:
You consider him on the same level as Marchbanks when he went 1-1-1 at LL in 250 B and Brown went 12-DNF-6?

I'm not hating on the kid, but there's a reason Marchbanks got picked up by Mitch and Brown is privateering it.
loftyair
6/14/2018 10:21pm
No. Marchbanks in top ten on pc, I said he might do good, 10-15, which is below Marchbanks. Which leaves room meaning he might not do good, 15-25.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
6/14/2018 10:55pm
He has cool style, and I hope he does well. My prediction is something like 27-23 though.
6/14/2018 11:06pm
If he doesn't learn to shift that son of a gun .....he won't be top 20.
It ain't a 450. Tuned 250 wants to be ridden that way
Question
6/15/2018 7:36am
It is a bit a pity that the bike plays such a big role in the results. I think he is got a strong fan base, put him on a Kawi PC or something and see where he stands. Of course on a semi privateer bike he will not crack the top 15 in the 250 class.
Rickyisms
6/15/2018 8:27am
Is he going to be riding for someone or privateering it?
I think he's riding for Ti lube Honda.
hamncheeze
6/15/2018 8:35am Edited Date/Time 6/15/2018 8:36am
If his bike holds together I see him just inside the points, 18-20. He's a PNW kid so I'm pulling for him!

Papi on the 450 is interesting from a Pulp Fantasy standpoint....
6/15/2018 8:46am
I'm going to be realistic and say 25th-30th. I know he's talented, but some of you guys around here think he's the next Forkner or something...

I know he's talented, but some of you guys around here think he's the next Forkner or something. He's been a decent amateur, nothing to knock your socks off except for some videos of him railing on a pit bike, which if you were around during the mini-bike craze, every amateur would look like Herlings on one of those things.
i kind of agree here the kid is definitley fast but i think he is just the king of Instagram 1 lap fast laps. No way he is pushing like that for 30 mins.
aroark247
6/15/2018 8:51am
loftyair wrote:
You consider him on the same level as Marchbanks when he went 1-1-1 at LL in 250 B and Brown went 12-DNF-6? I'm not hating on...
You consider him on the same level as Marchbanks when he went 1-1-1 at LL in 250 B and Brown went 12-DNF-6?

I'm not hating on the kid, but there's a reason Marchbanks got picked up by Mitch and Brown is privateering it.
After loretta's Carter Halpain will impress. He took it to Marchbanks multiple times over the last few years. He got injured at Daytona RCSX when Marchbanks torpedoed him
Rickyisms
6/15/2018 9:15am
loftyair wrote:
You consider him on the same level as Marchbanks when he went 1-1-1 at LL in 250 B and Brown went 12-DNF-6? I'm not hating on...

aroark247 wrote:
After loretta's Carter Halpain will impress. He took it to Marchbanks multiple times over the last few years. He got injured at Daytona RCSX when Marchbanks...
After loretta's Carter Halpain will impress. He took it to Marchbanks multiple times over the last few years. He got injured at Daytona RCSX when Marchbanks torpedoed him
Im pretty excited to see Halpain outdoors next year. Hope he secures a good ride.
TJ 755
6/15/2018 10:30am
I'm going to be realistic and say 25th-30th. I know he's talented, but some of you guys around here think he's the next Forkner or something...

i kind of agree here the kid is definitley fast but i think he is just the king of Instagram 1 lap fast laps. No way...
i kind of agree here the kid is definitley fast but i think he is just the king of Instagram 1 lap fast laps. No way he is pushing like that for 30 mins.
You are wrong. He pushes harder late in moto's. One of the best races I have ever witnessed in person was last years 125 dream race. He crashed 3 times. picked it up and charged harder than ever came from way back and not only caught up and passed everyone he gapped them big time on the last lap. this was not a 4 lap exhibition either it was a full 30 min. and he was on an 04 Kawi giving up major H.P. to all the husky's and KTM's.
I'm sure these first couple races will be a big learning experience but trust me he will come around and be towards the front.

King of instagram. What a joke and insult.
BigDaddyG
6/15/2018 10:42am
I wish him the best of luck on his pro debut! I am assuming he will be on the TiLube Honda's and wonder if he is teamed up with Matt Biscaglia who looks to be making his debut on a Ti Lube honda in the 450 class.

I was in shock when Carson gave up his PC ride......(or however it went down)
Tracktor
6/15/2018 11:13am

i kind of agree here the kid is definitley fast but i think he is just the king of Instagram 1 lap fast laps. No way...
TJ 755 wrote:
You are wrong. He pushes harder late in moto's. One of the best races I have ever witnessed in person was last years 125 dream race...
You are wrong. He pushes harder late in moto's. One of the best races I have ever witnessed in person was last years 125 dream race. He crashed 3 times. picked it up and charged harder than ever came from way back and not only caught up and passed everyone he gapped them big time on the last lap. this was not a 4 lap exhibition either it was a full 30 min. and he was on an 04 Kawi giving up major H.P. to all the husky's and KTM's.
I'm sure these first couple races will be a big learning experience but trust me he will come around and be towards the front.

Yeah, every race I have sen him in he has no problem running the speed for as many laps as necessary. Who knows how he will do in the long run but one lap wonder? Social media has really made people a bit ignorant............From what I have heard over years they have done it mostly on their own dime and always kept a low profile. Kid just loves to ride.....
6/15/2018 11:34am
TJ 755 wrote:
You are wrong. He pushes harder late in moto's. One of the best races I have ever witnessed in person was last years 125 dream race...

Tracktor wrote:
Yeah, every race I have sen him in he has no problem running the speed for as many laps as necessary. Who knows how he will...
Yeah, every race I have sen him in he has no problem running the speed for as many laps as necessary. Who knows how he will do in the long run but one lap wonder? Social media has really made people a bit ignorant............From what I have heard over years they have done it mostly on their own dime and always kept a low profile. Kid just loves to ride.....
Easy there fellas i never said he wasnt extremly fast im just saying pushing like that for 30 during a national with how gnarly those tracks get? Not likley. And sorry to say but a 125 race will be different from a national.

Doing it on their own dime? the family owns BBR.
mxpro252
6/15/2018 11:43am
Seems a good guy and i hope the best for him. Guessing 15th-20th OA
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
6/15/2018 1:02pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2018 1:03pm
TJ 755 wrote:

Tracktor wrote:
Yeah, every race I have sen him in he has no problem running the speed for as many laps as necessary. Who knows how he will...
Easy there fellas i never said he wasnt extremly fast im just saying pushing like that for 30 during a national with how gnarly those tracks...
Easy there fellas i never said he wasnt extremly fast im just saying pushing like that for 30 during a national with how gnarly those tracks get? Not likley. And sorry to say but a 125 race will be different from a national.

Is BBR some multi-million dollar company? Doing it on your own dime, even if you own a business, is still money out of your own pocket.

Good luck Carson, love watching your Instagram vids
early
Fantasy
2231st
6/15/2018 1:09pm
yak651 wrote:
Is BBR some multi-million dollar company? Doing it on your own dime, even if you own a business, is still money out of your own pocket...
Is BBR some multi-million dollar company? Doing it on your own dime, even if you own a business, is still money out of your own pocket.

Good luck Carson, love watching your Instagram vids
Bro, my BBR stock is banging right now, I got so many pizzas ordered!
Tracktor
6/15/2018 5:32pm
TJ 755 wrote:

Tracktor wrote:
Easy there fellas i never said he wasnt extremly fast im just saying pushing like that for 30 during a national with how gnarly those tracks...

And BBR isn't doing all that well in later years. Other part of your own dime is access to the trick shit that team riders might have.
I have no dog in fight just trying to offset a tiny bit of the ignorance being spewed as actual knowledge? I mean you are getting your info from IG which is kinda laughable but you go girl!.............Besides, fun beats results sheets almost every time in this sport. If you are doing it for the money you are a stupid SOB...
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/15/2018 6:29pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2018 6:39pm
Is he going to be riding for someone or privateering it?
Watched Carson sign his pro license stuff today.

New team. Phoenix Racing.

Carson Brown, Ben LaMay, Heath Harrison, Jace Owen, and Isaac Teasdale. Based in NC. Truck and trailer got wrapped last night...

Post a reply to: Carson Brown pro debut at high point?

The Latest