Carson Brown

Related:
Create New Tag

9/13/2018 7:22 AM

Anybody know his 2019 plans? I thought he may have had better results in the nationals he entered last summer but still think he'd be a great 250 sx contender. Good to see him in moto 10, as far as riding for the camera he's got everybody beat!

|

9/13/2018 9:37 AM

contender?

|

9/13/2018 12:57 PM

Payup_199 wrote:

contender?

X2, imo some riders are racers, some have great style and cant put style and racing together. There are exceptions of course.

|

9/13/2018 1:28 PM

This kid is the real deal: the nastier the track, the better he goes.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

9/13/2018 1:29 PM

Their plan when I last talked to Duane was to be at A1 but still looking for legit help bike wise.

|

9/13/2018 1:32 PM

looks comfortable

|

9/13/2018 2:50 PM

Seen him in the AX series up here, kids got skills indoors for sure, would like to see how he does in the big stadiums.

|

9/13/2018 2:58 PM

Payup_199 wrote:

contender?

mxb2 wrote:

X2, imo some riders are racers, some have great style and cant put style and racing together. There are exceptions of course. ...more

It is true, but with a bike that can contend, I think he can contend, if that makes sense in english.

|

9/13/2018 3:09 PM

Payup_199 wrote:

contender?

mxb2 wrote:

X2, imo some riders are racers, some have great style and cant put style and racing together. There are exceptions of course. ...more

Question wrote:

It is true, but with a bike that can contend, I think he can contend, if that makes sense in english.

What level is he contending on in your opinion?

Race wins?
Championship?
Top 5?
Main Event?

Not bagging the kid, i'm just wondering where the expectations for him lie

|

9/13/2018 3:12 PM

Payup_199 wrote:

contender?

mxb2 wrote:

Question wrote:

The bike isnt holding him back.

|

9/13/2018 3:14 PM

haydos25 wrote:

What level is he contending on in your opinion?

Race wins?
Championship?
Top 5?
Main Event?

Not bagging the kid, i'm just ...more

On a good bike I could see Carson getting into the mains on a regular basis.

|

9/13/2018 3:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/13/2018 3:18 PM

mxb2 wrote:

Question wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

In your opinion what is then? I like the Seven Duece Duece but in AX last year I watched Carson constantly beat him with no problems up in Canada.

|

9/13/2018 3:19 PM

jbrown15 wrote:

On a good bike I could see Carson getting into the mains on a regular basis.

Thats kind of where i saw him as well.

I was just intrigued by people saying he would be a "contender" and wasnt sure what he was contending for. Being in most of the main events on the first go around on a privateer bike would be a successful rookie year in my opinion.

|

9/13/2018 3:36 PM

Question wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

jbrown15 wrote:

In your opinion what is then? I like the Seven Duece Duece but in AX last year I watched Carson constantly beat him with no ...more

Hard to say, maybe race. Savy. 450 is the best bike for a privateer on a budget.

|

9/13/2018 3:38 PM

He has great style and is still young (19?) I think he would do well with a full time ride.

|

9/13/2018 3:54 PM

he is best suited for the 250 right now but it takes very trick ($$) bikes and a lot of them. Big bucks. They cannot afford the pay to play that most guys do.

|

9/13/2018 6:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/13/2018 6:40 PM

TJ 755 wrote:

he is best suited for the 250 right now but it takes very trick ($$) bikes and a lot of them. Big bucks. They cannot afford ...more

He rode the wheels off of a 450 in AX when he won his title earlier this year. He's young though, he only turned Pro last October and he's only 19.

|

9/15/2018 10:53 AM

mxb2 wrote:

jbrown15 wrote:

In your opinion what is then? I like the Seven Duece Duece but in AX last year I watched Carson constantly beat him with no ...more

mxb2 wrote:

Hard to say, maybe race. Savy. 450 is the best bike for a privateer on a budget.

I don't know either where he would stand on a very competitive bike in 250 ; there are lots of good riders but as a rookie I would say a top 8 - 10 on the east isn't out of reach. So building on that each year for 2 or 3 years, i think he could contend for race wins then too. But there are so many variables on how a rider develops (gets developed) that it is hard to say "for suuuure"!

|

9/15/2018 10:55 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

This kid is the real deal: the nastier the track, the better he goes.

If it rains at mxdn can we sign him up for us!! Dude shreds the sloppy

|

9/15/2018 1:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2018 1:58 PM

I think you have to look at the kids that he went to Loretta's with with the exception of Schoolboy 1 the last year he went to lorettas. the other classes he was typically the 5th through 7th place kid basically just behind the factory racers so if I had to guess.on a good bike he should make the mains in the 250 class. . He needs to stay healthy and train down south where he can ride SX 24/7 . Maybe get a good trainer like whipple too. With all the 250 guys moving up to the 450 class soon he could have a chance the next year if he can get some results to get on a good team

|

9/15/2018 4:08 PM

I bet he's kicking himself in the ass for not sticking with Mitch. (I don't know what happened, if he left PC or if PC booted him, but regardless I am betting he wishes he was still there)

|

9/15/2018 5:00 PM

BigDaddyG wrote:

I bet he's kicking himself in the ass for not sticking with Mitch. (I don't know what happened, if he left PC or if PC booted ...more

Based on the crop coming through, there was no guarantee of him going pro and I think they would've ended up passing over him (he was with Team Green, not PC).

|

9/15/2018 6:22 PM

BigDaddyG wrote:

I bet he's kicking himself in the ass for not sticking with Mitch. (I don't know what happened, if he left PC or if PC booted ...more

I can only tell you what was told to me. The year they were riding for them at Loretta's they had a bunch of unfortunate bike issues that really hampered his results. I'll just leave it at that you can probably picture what happened.

|

9/16/2018 5:31 PM

Would’ve been my first pick in pit bike of nations for team USA for sure

|

9/16/2018 5:54 PM

BigDaddyG wrote:

I don't believe it was an issue of him not wanting to stay with PC and Mitch. From what I heard when he wanted to go pro there was nothing there for him. I'm sure he would have loved to be on a green bike with Mitch/PC.

|

9/16/2018 5:56 PM

NATEP231 wrote:

Would’ve been my first pick in pit bike of nations for team USA for sure

All anyone has to do is go to his Instagram to see him ripping on a pit bike to see how much of a beast he is on pit bikes!...lol

The stuff he jumps at his home track on his pit bikes is insane!

|