Carolli pulls out of both motos.

FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:55am
His knee is shot and he pulled out of competition in both motos this weekend. Doesn't look good for MXoN. Tyla Ratray and Searle battling for Championship now.
|
Trinitite
7/20/2008 8:13pm
His last mxdn wasn't anything to write home about.

SXracerguy
7/20/2008 8:16pm
FLmxer wrote:
His knee is shot and he pulled out of competition in both motos this weekend. Doesn't look good for MXoN. Tyla Ratray and Searle battling for...
His knee is shot and he pulled out of competition in both motos this weekend. Doesn't look good for MXoN. Tyla Ratray and Searle battling for Championship now.
Oh don't tell me that. I have had to listen to 10 months of wait until RV races "Crazy Grill Carolli" on a GP style track.

The Shop

SXracerguy
7/20/2008 9:36pm
He just needed a smoke is all ... [img]http://usera.imagecave.com/brainbasket/cairoli_chops.bmp.jpg[/img]
He just needed a smoke is all ...

Actually, after looking at that pic, he needs a new front end alignment to go with that cig.....
Alex
7/21/2008 1:28am
looks like GB USA and AUS are the only healthy big teams for the MXoNBlink
jo2910
7/21/2008 1:50am
He said yesterday on the Live coverage that it wasn't his ligaments or ACL (don't know how it's called) but it looked like he had broken his menisque (meniscus?). SO he should get an operation done quickly and hopefully he'll be back soon. I'm no doctor but i think this operation is not a huge oen and he could be back for the end of the season.
7/21/2008 3:55am
The team says they will have him back by Lommel. Tyla did us proud yesterday on what looked a very tough and rutted Alkmaar.
tuz371
7/21/2008 6:46am
jo2910 wrote:
He said yesterday on the Live coverage that it wasn't his ligaments or ACL (don't know how it's called) but it looked like he had broken...
He said yesterday on the Live coverage that it wasn't his ligaments or ACL (don't know how it's called) but it looked like he had broken his menisque (meniscus?). SO he should get an operation done quickly and hopefully he'll be back soon. I'm no doctor but i think this operation is not a huge oen and he could be back for the end of the season.
You tear the meniscus, you don't "break" it. LOL. If they cut out the damaged piece he could be back in 2 wks. but if they stitch back together he should be out for a 6-8 wks.

You usualy don't tear the cartilage without having some ligament damage.
Larry
7/21/2008 8:19am
Why is he still in the B class?
Cygnus
7/21/2008 10:49am
What's funny is that even if all 3 US riders get hurt before mxdn . We could field three more guys that would win easy.Laughing
jtomasik
7/21/2008 11:53am
Cygnus wrote:
What's funny is that even if all 3 US riders get hurt before mxdn . We could field three more guys that would win easy.Laughing
Yeah. It helps when your other opponents have 1/10th the population that you do. It really isn't fair. What would be comparable is to let Europe combine their forces and enter one team of their best, regardless of which European country they came from.

The rules are dated, just like the stupid rule that pitted 450cc 4-strokes against 250cc 2-strokes.
Sinbad
7/21/2008 12:51pm
Cygnus wrote:
jtomasik wrote:
Yeah. It helps when your other opponents have 1/10th the population that you do. It really isn't fair. What would be comparable is to let Europe...
Yeah. It helps when your other opponents have 1/10th the population that you do. It really isn't fair. What would be comparable is to let Europe combine their forces and enter one team of their best, regardless of which European country they came from.

The rules are dated, just like the stupid rule that pitted 450cc 4-strokes against 250cc 2-strokes.
Life is not fair.
7/21/2008 1:06pm
Alex wrote:
Don't forget Belgium! Remember last year they were on the podium. They are allways strong.
jtomasik
7/21/2008 1:07pm
Yeah, to the simple mind it might seem that way.
Sinbad
7/21/2008 1:09pm
jtomasik wrote:
You just said that we had an unfair advantage because of are population...
jtomasik
7/21/2008 1:10pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2008 1:10pm
jtomasik wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
I take into account that MX is a relatively equally popular sport here as it is in Europe. I figure that any sensible person would naturally recognize the obvious truth.
Sinbad
7/21/2008 1:11pm
jtomasik wrote:
Sinbad wrote:
jtomasik wrote:
I take into account that MX is a relatively equally popular sport here as it is in Europe. I figure that any sensible person would naturally...
I take into account that MX is a relatively equally popular sport here as it is in Europe. I figure that any sensible person would naturally recognize the obvious truth.
So then it's not a population thing giving us an unfair advantage it's because it's popular?
7/21/2008 1:13pm
Wat about New Zeeland if they can ride with BT, Coppins and Cody C.???
jtomasik
7/21/2008 1:24pm
Sinbad wrote:
So then it's not a population thing giving us an unfair advantage it's because it's popular?
It's rider numbers. MX is comparably popular (if not more so here) in both Europe and here. The European countries size and population is similar to average size states in the US. It's logical to reason that we have a substantially larger rider base to pull from.

I'm not interested in slaughtering France. I am interested in slaughtering Europe at the MXoN. The way to do that is allow them a fair shot at us, and when we still beat them, then they can eat crow.
Sinbad
7/21/2008 1:40pm
Sinbad wrote:
jtomasik wrote:
It's rider numbers. MX is comparably popular (if not more so here) in both Europe and here. The European countries size and population is similar to...
It's rider numbers. MX is comparably popular (if not more so here) in both Europe and here. The European countries size and population is similar to average size states in the US. It's logical to reason that we have a substantially larger rider base to pull from.

I'm not interested in slaughtering France. I am interested in slaughtering Europe at the MXoN. The way to do that is allow them a fair shot at us, and when we still beat them, then they can eat crow.
It's country vs country not country vs continent. So what you want to do for the MXDN is change the rules so it's the country of USA vs the continent of Europe vs the rest of the countrys? It does not make sense to do that because it's a race where the fastest of a country are asked to race for the country as an honor.
Cygnus
7/21/2008 1:49pm
We could pull three more Fla riders and beat em . Or 3 more California riders .
Alex
7/21/2008 2:07pm
Alex wrote:
Don't forget Belgium! Remember last year they were on the podium. They are allways strong.
I didn't forget Belgium, Strijboss is injured. BT is injured for NZ and Swanepoel and Langston are injured for SA. Pourcell is still out for France and if AC gets a long termer theres only gonna be about 3 teams with a chance of riding to their full potential.
jtomasik
7/21/2008 2:12pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2008 2:12pm
Didn't RC leave himself open for an invite this year, even though he's retired? Not that I think he should race, but I thought he did say he'd go if invited, and, if he did, I'm wondering why he didn't get one as an alternate.
HuskyEd
7/21/2008 7:10pm
They said he is moving up to MX1 next year.
He has to according to FIM rules.

2) Motocross Classes: as of 2010, single cylinder engines will be used in MX1 and MX2 and multicylinder
in MX3, whether 2 or 4-stroke (open concept). The cubic capacity will be 250cc in MX2,
and up to 650cc in MX3. Discussions are currently being held about the cubic capacity in MX1. A
decision should be taken in the next three months.
Concerning the MX2 class, a maximum age limit of 23 years will be introduced. Moreover, a World
Champion will be allowed to defend his title only one time (in the following year).
7/22/2008 4:29am
No he doesn't have to move up.
As it says in your own post, that's not untill 2010.
So if he wants he can stay in MX2 for another year and if he becomes worldchampion he could stay there even in 2010.
7/22/2008 4:32am
Alex wrote:
Alex wrote:
I didn't forget Belgium, Strijboss is injured. BT is injured for NZ and Swanepoel and Langston are injured for SA. Pourcell is still out for France...
I didn't forget Belgium, Strijboss is injured. BT is injured for NZ and Swanepoel and Langston are injured for SA. Pourcell is still out for France and if AC gets a long termer theres only gonna be about 3 teams with a chance of riding to their full potential.
Strijbos WAS injured, he riding his first race tommorrow. So they will have to choose three riders from Steve Ramon, Ken de Dycker, Kevin Strijbos, Clement Desalle, Jeremy van Horebeek and even more. They'll be strong! Don't count em out. Even without Strijbos they have a good team.
jtomasik
7/22/2008 5:19am
FLmxer wrote:
His knee is shot and he pulled out of competition in both motos this weekend. Doesn't look good for MXoN. Tyla Ratray and Searle battling for...
Do they specify whether it's 2 or 4 stroke?

Post a reply to: Carolli pulls out of both motos.

The Latest