Carmichaels 2005 rm 250 factory

Edited Date/Time 1/12/2019 10:25pm
K so the platform is still the same with the engine and chassi but the forks looks different or am i wrong? Dunlop these days i remember bridgestone soon 13 years ago. She is mint as hell!

|
Gukamonster
11/4/2017 1:22am
The last supercross I went to in person was all the way back in Anaheim 3 in 2005 - Ricky smoked everyone by a mile that night. Beat Chad Reed by 20+ seconds. Part of a 5 race win streak - he was on fire that first half of '05, after the massive mudder at the opener he won 7 of the next 8. Then he kind of fell of. Pretty good start on a new bike for him after missing all 16 rounds in 2004.
11/4/2017 10:23am
The last supercross I went to in person was all the way back in Anaheim 3 in 2005 - Ricky smoked everyone by a mile that...
The last supercross I went to in person was all the way back in Anaheim 3 in 2005 - Ricky smoked everyone by a mile that night. Beat Chad Reed by 20+ seconds. Part of a 5 race win streak - he was on fire that first half of '05, after the massive mudder at the opener he won 7 of the next 8. Then he kind of fell of. Pretty good start on a new bike for him after missing all 16 rounds in 2004.
I think he was not to happy with the bike at Daytona when they tryed to improve the engine but idk they might have switched back to what he was more comfortable with before cause he was a beast pre Daytona on the new bike, and yeah definitly a crazy comeback after being of the SX in 04.

He definitly took Suzuki to another level with that RM and then he rode that rmz works bike ( used the one of rule so what he was riding was basically full on works ). But that RM 250 factory Suzuki was my favorite back in the days.
mxjon454
11/4/2017 7:18pm
The last supercross I went to in person was all the way back in Anaheim 3 in 2005 - Ricky smoked everyone by a mile that...
That was his whole "managing" a championship. Same in '03 when Reed won a majority of the 2nd half races. But the first half of '05 RC was insane on that bike. It wouldve been interesting to see if he wouldve won in '04, cause the rumor was that he was going to ride the honda 450 in supercross. I think Reed wouldve won the title in '04 regardless of Ricky riding a 2 stroke or 4 stroke. Reed was amazing on that '04 yamaha.

The Shop

11/5/2017 9:04am
mxjon454 wrote:
That was his whole "managing" a championship. Same in '03 when Reed won a majority of the 2nd half races. But the first half of '05...
That was his whole "managing" a championship. Same in '03 when Reed won a majority of the 2nd half races. But the first half of '05 RC was insane on that bike. It wouldve been interesting to see if he wouldve won in '04, cause the rumor was that he was going to ride the honda 450 in supercross. I think Reed wouldve won the title in '04 regardless of Ricky riding a 2 stroke or 4 stroke. Reed was amazing on that '04 yamaha.
Reeds favorite two stroke bike is that 04 bike or the frame. He was not happy with the aluminium. Dear god how much i hate AMA For ruining the two stroke racing at the highest level.
Juice_Mann
11/5/2017 9:14am
mxjon454 wrote:
That was his whole "managing" a championship. Same in '03 when Reed won a majority of the 2nd half races. But the first half of '05...
You are crazy if you think Reed had RC covered in any year.
PTshox
11/5/2017 11:50am
He's still rock'n fast in the video. Bet there is no one eating as much candy and such that is going that fast! )
11/6/2017 5:23am
Juice_Mann wrote:
Actually he is not. Carmichael had a hard time in the whoops pre 2005 Reed was faster. Carmichael actually confessed that himself but he made some adjustment with the new bike (team) and he got better.
Juice_Mann
11/6/2017 7:57am
Juice_Mann wrote:
Actually he is not. Carmichael had a hard time in the whoops pre 2005 Reed was faster. Carmichael actually confessed that himself but he made some...
Actually he is not. Carmichael had a hard time in the whoops pre 2005 Reed was faster. Carmichael actually confessed that himself but he made some adjustment with the new bike (team) and he got better.
Oh so because Reed was faster in the whoops he had RC covered everywhere else on the track? Okay...
11/6/2017 10:10am Edited Date/Time 11/6/2017 2:42pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
Oh so because Reed was faster in the whoops he had RC covered everywhere else on the track? Okay...
Who said that? But you stated " people are foolish to believe Reed could win over carmichael back in 03-04 season, Chad was at his best on the two strokes, and in 05 on the new aluminum frame he kept RC honest when carmichael was at his two stroke peak on a bike he (Reed) felt uncomfortable with. But when they switched to four stroke i believe RC was the better man but not on the two strokes in SX. Do you even remember how Carmichael was swapping all over the place and made some major crashes on that Honda with the bars basically sitting in his lap?
mxjon454
11/6/2017 12:06pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
Actually he is not. Carmichael had a hard time in the whoops pre 2005 Reed was faster. Carmichael actually confessed that himself but he made some...
Juice_Mann wrote:
I absolutely think in '04 that Reed wouldve taken it to Ricky (in sx). '03 was Reeds first full year on the big bike in sx and the last half of supercross he came on strong. I dont think RC wouldve been able to beat Reed for the title in '04. Reed and the '04 yamaha was to much of a lethal combination for Ricky to beat in sx on a honda. Ricky on a suzuki is a different conversation.
Juice_Mann
11/6/2017 12:26pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
mxjon454 wrote:
I absolutely think in '04 that Reed wouldve taken it to Ricky (in sx). '03 was Reeds first full year on the big bike in sx...
I absolutely think in '04 that Reed wouldve taken it to Ricky (in sx). '03 was Reeds first full year on the big bike in sx and the last half of supercross he came on strong. I dont think RC wouldve been able to beat Reed for the title in '04. Reed and the '04 yamaha was to much of a lethal combination for Ricky to beat in sx on a honda. Ricky on a suzuki is a different conversation.
If you truly believe that then okay. I don't. I believe a healthy RC beats Reed on any bike in any year they raced each other. He's the goat.
11/6/2017 2:45pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
If you truly believe that then okay. I don't. I believe a healthy RC beats Reed on any bike in any year they raced each other...
If you truly believe that then okay. I don't. I believe a healthy RC beats Reed on any bike in any year they raced each other. He's the goat.
Not on that Honda, no wonder he crashed out big time and had problems. Like MXjon454 said Carmichael on the Suzuki was a different breed even there Reed kept Carmichael honest on that Aluminium framed 05 YZ wich he disliked. Chad even asked factory Yamaha for the 04 frame but Japan would not allow it. You understimated how good reed was on the two strokes, ofc Carmichael was the goat but i cant say he was as good indoors as outdoors on the two strokes.
Juice_Mann
11/6/2017 2:51pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
If you truly believe that then okay. I don't. I believe a healthy RC beats Reed on any bike in any year they raced each other...
Not on that Honda, no wonder he crashed out big time and had problems. Like MXjon454 said Carmichael on the Suzuki was a different breed even...
Not on that Honda, no wonder he crashed out big time and had problems. Like MXjon454 said Carmichael on the Suzuki was a different breed even there Reed kept Carmichael honest on that Aluminium framed 05 YZ wich he disliked. Chad even asked factory Yamaha for the 04 frame but Japan would not allow it. You understimated how good reed was on the two strokes, ofc Carmichael was the goat but i cant say he was as good indoors as outdoors on the two strokes.
RC would've figured it out on any bike including the Honda. He figured out how to beat JS7 (who was better than Reed indoors and outdoors).
Juice_Mann
11/6/2017 4:56pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
RC would've figured it out on any bike including the Honda. He figured out how to beat JS7 (who was better than Reed indoors and outdoors).
So you cite one race where Chad got the better of RC to try and prove your point? Sometimes the better guy just has a bad night. There are too many races to count where RC and JS7 handed CR his ass. My argument? Look up the statistics. CR won the majority of his races when RC and JS were injured. When it came to a straight up race CR was the bridesmaid most of the time. On a different note that was a fun race to watch (I was there). STL SX is usually exciting. Here's a good one with all three of the boys.

https://youtu.be/DEIzzC4zilU
11/6/2017 5:34pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
So you cite one race where Chad got the better of RC to try and prove your point? Sometimes the better guy just has a bad...
So you cite one race where Chad got the better of RC to try and prove your point? Sometimes the better guy just has a bad night. There are too many races to count where RC and JS7 handed CR his ass. My argument? Look up the statistics. CR won the majority of his races when RC and JS were injured. When it came to a straight up race CR was the bridesmaid most of the time. On a different note that was a fun race to watch (I was there). STL SX is usually exciting. Here's a good one with all three of the boys.

https://youtu.be/DEIzzC4zilU
But we are talking two stroke are we not? JS got injured in 05 and came back and smoked RC on the two strokes, and Chad did the same in the last rounds? I mean come on dude you trying to tell people here RC would handle Reed cause he was the goat, RC was a beast but you cant denie how good Chad was back in 04 and claim RC would have him covered. In the end we would never know. RC was something else on the four strokes he was a beast riding those.
Juice_Mann
11/6/2017 5:51pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't RC managing a championship in the last rounds of 05? Of course he wasn't going to risk injury just to stay in front of Chad. JS7 is another story. If this sport would've stayed on 2 strokes CR would never have beat James lol. This argument is pointless so I'm gonna shut up now. I disagree with you bro, but I appreciate the civil discussion.
Juice_Mann
11/6/2017 6:37pm
JB 19 wrote:
Chad had the upper hand for about half of the series in 03' and 05', but lost by single digit points. Two examples of what Chad...
Chad had the upper hand for about half of the series in 03' and 05', but lost by single digit points.

Two examples of what Chad was doing to Ricky back then on a regular basis on two strokes.

https://youtu.be/xwzaCzrsuDU

https://youtu.be/zWgI9aOdLmA

If he was doing that to Ricky on a regular basis then why didn't he win those titles?
JB 19
11/6/2017 6:54pm
JB 19 wrote:
Chad had the upper hand for about half of the series in 03' and 05', but lost by single digit points. Two examples of what Chad...
Chad had the upper hand for about half of the series in 03' and 05', but lost by single digit points.

Two examples of what Chad was doing to Ricky back then on a regular basis on two strokes.

Juice_Mann wrote:
If he was doing that to Ricky on a regular basis then why didn't he win those titles?
Because Ricky was slightly more consistent. Reed won 4 sx's in 05 to Ricky's 6. 03' was about the same if I remember right. I think Reed won maybe 6 races.
Hank_Thrill
11/6/2017 7:44pm
I don’t remember all the details but RC has a really bad practice crash past the midway point of the 05 SX season. Pretty sure he had a concussion and beat his body up pretty bad testing for outdoors. No word was mentioned until after the season and he was all healed up.
Crush
11/6/2017 10:42pm Edited Date/Time 11/7/2017 12:52am
JB 19 wrote:

Juice_Mann wrote:
JB 19 wrote:
Because Ricky was slightly more consistent. Reed won 4 sx's in 05 to Ricky's 6. 03' was about the same if I remember right. I think...
Because Ricky was slightly more consistent. Reed won 4 sx's in 05 to Ricky's 6. 03' was about the same if I remember right. I think Reed won maybe 6 races.
Some of you should watch 03/04/05 seasons again – was some great racing and the ebb and flow of those guys –
their techniques, their machines and how they adapted was cool to watch! Some actual riding progression happened there and then obviously the technology change also into 06/07.

03 Reedy won more races in his debut year. His double crash and lose a seat effort in Minneapolis was a 7th and he got another 7th. He was quicker a lot of the time, especially when they improved half way through after a big test session. RC was fucking horrible in the whoops, he had a big lead and protected it, but he also rode his balls of and crashed a few times trying to beat Reed in those last 6 straight losses – the most he's ever suffered btw.

04, RC was going to be on 4 stroke, his words. Would have been interesting but I'd bet Chad would have won. He was on it.

05. The ali frame and Goerke going into the stands killed Reed's edge, it's hugely obvious comparing him tip-toe around turns compared to the sheer aggression he had years previous.... Whatever he had in the whoops he simply lost in the flat turns and he was going against maybe the best corner guy ever on the best turning bike. RC also got better in the whoops on the yellow bike, no doubt. Hardly saw a side numberplate all year, can't say that in 02/03 on the Honda!
gym_jackets
11/7/2017 1:29pm
Crush wrote:
Some of you should watch 03/04/05 seasons again – was some great racing and the ebb and flow of those guys – their techniques, their machines...
Some of you should watch 03/04/05 seasons again – was some great racing and the ebb and flow of those guys –
their techniques, their machines and how they adapted was cool to watch! Some actual riding progression happened there and then obviously the technology change also into 06/07.

03 Reedy won more races in his debut year. His double crash and lose a seat effort in Minneapolis was a 7th and he got another 7th. He was quicker a lot of the time, especially when they improved half way through after a big test session. RC was fucking horrible in the whoops, he had a big lead and protected it, but he also rode his balls of and crashed a few times trying to beat Reed in those last 6 straight losses – the most he's ever suffered btw.

04, RC was going to be on 4 stroke, his words. Would have been interesting but I'd bet Chad would have won. He was on it.

05. The ali frame and Goerke going into the stands killed Reed's edge, it's hugely obvious comparing him tip-toe around turns compared to the sheer aggression he had years previous.... Whatever he had in the whoops he simply lost in the flat turns and he was going against maybe the best corner guy ever on the best turning bike. RC also got better in the whoops on the yellow bike, no doubt. Hardly saw a side numberplate all year, can't say that in 02/03 on the Honda!
Sorry I don't know, but I'm more of a newer motocross fan. What happened with Goerke and the stands? I've heard people mention this before that I guess he launched into the bleachers and led to changes in supercross track design, but I've never found like a news article or video or anything on the incident. Can someone help me out in explaining exactly what it is that happened? Thanks in advance.
11/7/2017 3:57pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/11/06/223683/s1200_s1200_RC_100504_1.jpg[/img]

All i can say is : MINT
11/7/2017 3:57pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't RC managing a championship in the last rounds of 05? Of course he wasn't going to risk injury just...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't RC managing a championship in the last rounds of 05? Of course he wasn't going to risk injury just to stay in front of Chad. JS7 is another story. If this sport would've stayed on 2 strokes CR would never have beat James lol. This argument is pointless so I'm gonna shut up now. I disagree with you bro, but I appreciate the civil discussion.
Yeah well that i agree JS7 was an animal on the two strokes no doubt.
11/7/2017 4:00pm
Crush wrote:
Some of you should watch 03/04/05 seasons again – was some great racing and the ebb and flow of those guys – their techniques, their machines...

Yeah Chad was not as strong in the whoops wich is a huge part in supercross on that alu frame. Kinda bummer Chad had to adapt to that frame and lost what he felt was his strong points in 04 meanwhile RC was superconfident on that Suzuki coming into A1. And yes i love to watch those races at times, for me it felt like true motocross/supercross riding on the edge on the two strokes.

Going to watch my bar to bar from 05 again!

11/7/2017 4:01pm
I don’t remember all the details but RC has a really bad practice crash past the midway point of the 05 SX season. Pretty sure he...
I don’t remember all the details but RC has a really bad practice crash past the midway point of the 05 SX season. Pretty sure he had a concussion and beat his body up pretty bad testing for outdoors. No word was mentioned until after the season and he was all healed up.
I dont remember that at all but maybe it was around the daytona and when they tryed to improve the bike but he was not as happy?
Crush
11/7/2017 4:21pm
Sorry I don't know, but I'm more of a newer motocross fan. What happened with Goerke and the stands? I've heard people mention this before that...
Sorry I don't know, but I'm more of a newer motocross fan. What happened with Goerke and the stands? I've heard people mention this before that I guess he launched into the bleachers and led to changes in supercross track design, but I've never found like a news article or video or anything on the incident. Can someone help me out in explaining exactly what it is that happened? Thanks in advance.
Yep, Beef landed from a triple, whiskied and sent her into the stands. Berms got removed after that.

If you go watch 03/04 you can see there are berms and also watch Reed standing through flat turns, ripping. He had so much confidence in the front of the bike.

Fast forward to 05 and watch JS and RC basically ride around him in every turn even on the outside.

Post a reply to: Carmichaels 2005 rm 250 factory

The Latest