Carmichael transcript

3/4/2018 8:40am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 7:58pm
Just thought I'd type out Carmichael's insightful and brilliantly executed track-side analysis from 450 main number 2 last night:

Jeff: "Ricky, what are you seeing that's happening with the whoops down there?"

Ricky: "Well, they're definitely getting beat out, ok, through the middle, like we... like we know. Ok so some guys are going to the edge of that, kinda long side... err the hay bails, like we, talked about... earlier in the broadcast. W-what you're trying to see also... starting to see - pardon me - is that they're starting to jump through them, ok, and I think [inaudible bable] and Anderson's doing it really really good, is he's getting over the first couple of whoops very very... clean, and good. He's jumping, like, over the first three. So he has a lot of momentum... into the whoops which is really helping, his cause."

Articulate, insightful stuff from a former professional rider during a live TV broadcast, right?

Honestly, get this guy off the broadcast. I know that most pro MX/SX riders aren't the last word in intelligence, but he can barely speak sometimes.
|
slipdog
3/4/2018 8:44am
Mmmmmm... I can taste the butthurt in this thread.
life_of_jaze
3/4/2018 8:48am
Just thought I'd type out Carmichael's insightful and brilliantly executed track-side analysis from 450 main number 2 last night: [b]Jeff:[/b] "Ricky, what are you seeing that's...
Just thought I'd type out Carmichael's insightful and brilliantly executed track-side analysis from 450 main number 2 last night:

Ricky: "Well, they're definitely getting beat out, ok, through the middle, like we... like we know. Ok so some guys are going to the edge of that, kinda long side... err the hay bails, like we, talked about... earlier in the broadcast. W-what you're trying to see also... starting to see - pardon me - is that they're starting to jump through them, ok, and I think [inaudible bable] and Anderson's doing it really really good, is he's getting over the first couple of whoops very very... clean, and good. He's jumping, like, over the first three. So he has a lot of momentum... into the whoops which is really helping, his cause."

Articulate, insightful stuff from a former professional rider during a live TV broadcast, right?

Honestly, get this guy off the broadcast. I know that most pro MX/SX riders aren't the last word in intelligence, but he can barely speak sometimes.
You need a hobby or something....
ProKawi24
3/4/2018 8:51am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 9:24am
lol com'on man he's the goat, he's not out there for his broadcasting skills. It does look pretty bad when you read it as a transcript like that though lol. I don't care, RC can do whatever he wants in my book.
dirtmike86
3/4/2018 8:52am
I was drunk, i just remember him standing next to a suzuki that had a shark bite taken out of the seat. Hope the rider was ok.

The Shop

slipdog
3/4/2018 8:58am
dirtmike86 wrote:
I was drunk, i just remember him standing next to a suzuki that had a shark bite taken out of the seat. Hope the rider was...
I was drunk, i just remember him standing next to a suzuki that had a shark bite taken out of the seat. Hope the rider was ok.
Wow... I read on Vital that Supercross has jumped the shark tank, but I thought it was just a euphemism.
mooch
Fantasy
449th
3/4/2018 9:00am
Just thought I'd type out Carmichael's insightful and brilliantly executed track-side analysis from 450 main number 2 last night: [b]Jeff:[/b] "Ricky, what are you seeing that's...

Sad to see that this tore you up so bad that you felt the need to take a bunch of your time to write up a "transcript". You must have a dull life.

2T42
3/4/2018 9:14am
dirtmike86 wrote:
I was drunk, i just remember him standing next to a suzuki that had a shark bite taken out of the seat. Hope the rider was...
LOL.

Vital needs like button
ProKawi24
3/4/2018 9:25am
dirtmike86 wrote:
Hahaha dam dude you made me spit up my morning coffee lmao
3/4/2018 9:37am
dirtmike86 wrote:
Laughing haha that was great!
Asimo
3/4/2018 9:44am
It's painful to watch and hear.
Blair is too PC. It really shows in his podcasts also. He can't have a negative opinion or tell the truth for fear of a job.
It was night and day change when he got the reporter job.

That makes for bad reporting.
MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
3/4/2018 10:19am
He still gets more trim than any ex pro besides MC
Brent
3/4/2018 10:32am
MX Guy wrote:
He still gets more trim than any ex pro besides MC
And how do you possess this bit of insider information? Are you his pimp?
And if you are, is the fact that he has sex with a lot of women qualify him for the track side reporters job?
Please explain, I must be missing something.
MotoMo165
3/4/2018 10:35am

You need a hobby or something....
Ha! Was thinking the same thing. This guy must have rewinded a handful of times to copy this haha
3/4/2018 10:38am
RC might not articulate things the best all the time, but I think he actually says some pretty insightful stuff when he's not being stepped over by Ralph.

Seriously, how good would you do if every time you spoke you never finished a sentence because Ralph started having an orgasm live on air?

Both RC and Jeff drop insightful stuff from the racers perspective all the time that you'd never get from most people. RC's pretty uncanny at telling the viewers the sections to watch or what might be the deciding factor in a race.

I think Blair does the same thing, and is obviously more polished in his articulation. I say replace Ralph with Blair full time and see what happens to the broadcast.
akillerwombat
3/4/2018 10:42am
Hell of a racer – pretty shitty commentator.

He could without a doubt be an amazing contribution to the broadcast (give the fact that he is the fucking GOAT) but, just as he trained his ass off for his championships, he needs to put in some serious work to grow his broadcasting skills because they are pretty poor.
fanger
3/4/2018 1:13pm
Ralph is needed, it's his job to say the obvious stuff he does. He does his job spot on every week and that's giving the new fan an idea of what's happening.
reded
3/4/2018 1:17pm
Where is this generations Jim Lampley?
wreckitrandy
3/4/2018 1:46pm
reded wrote:
Where is this generations Jim Lampley?
Gordon Solie? No other commentator compares.
Wells423
3/4/2018 7:47pm
fanger wrote:
Ralph is needed, it's his job to say the obvious stuff he does. He does his job spot on every week and that's giving the new...
Ralph is needed, it's his job to say the obvious stuff he does. He does his job spot on every week and that's giving the new fan an idea of what's happening.
They found a real diamond in the rough with Ralph. He’s been around the sport forever but somehow remains a complete idiot therefore keeping him on the same wavelength as the elusive “casual supercross fan”. That guy completely sucks at broadcasting and in my opinion brings the rest of the broadcast down. He’s constantly making stupid statements or asking idiotic questions to the point that his counterpart is overdosing on edibles in the booth. “That’s incredible Ralph”. Seriously wish Feld would send him packing.

Post a reply to: Carmichael transcript

The Latest