Carmichael VS Every rider right now.

Related:
Create New Tag

2/25/2019 4:52 PM

Johnny Lock wrote:

Yeah but now it’s not just the rider saying what’s up - the teams are looking at your data and muddling it up by making their ...more

H4L wrote:

I did find the science of supercross segment last night interesting coming from a guy that raced in the 80's.. There is such a ...more

Agreed. It’s what’s known in the corporate world as analysis paralysis...

|

2/26/2019 2:14 AM

Thisusernameisavailable wrote:

I remember reading an interview with the 'then' KTM MXGP team manager- MIGHT have been Kurt Nicoll, but I can't be sure. He ...more

I'm not sure which of those is more impressive.

|

2/26/2019 5:59 AM

Johnny Lock wrote:

Yeah but now it’s not just the rider saying what’s up - the teams are looking at your data and muddling it up by making their ...more

H4L wrote:

I did find the science of supercross segment last night interesting coming from a guy that raced in the 80's.. There is such a ...more

Along the same lines if you get a chance to listen to the Gypsy Tails podcast with Ben Townley he mentions something similar to this when he went to Honda. He said when he started with Pro Circuit, Mitch had a table with like 3 sets of bars and 2 different tires and a few other things and that was all the options you had. Like here is what you have take it or leave it. But when he went to Honda he showed up for testing and they would have like 300 different clutch levers to try and it just got too over whelming trying to decide if one was better or not.

|

2/26/2019 6:30 AM

Think about RC's career....

He started on a 2 stroke steel chassis with a carburetor, (Kawasaki)
then he switched brands and went to an aluminum framed 2 stroke and then a four stroke (Honda)
then switched brands and again back to a 2 stroke (Suzuki)
then back to a four stroke and ended with EFI (Suzuki)

Massive amount of change in technology and development over a short 10 year career and he won at every level on every brand he raced. That is as impressive as anything he's accomplished in my opinion. Or should I say it's incredibly impressive that he was able to adapt to all those changes and accomplish his goals each year.

|

2/27/2019 7:21 AM

Photo
|

2/27/2019 7:33 AM

Has Reed been asked about this? I'm sure he's dropped off the pace a little from his championship years, but he's still "competitive" and can probably answer this question better than anyone else.

|

2/27/2019 8:09 AM

It's similar to the guys in suits making designs on projects with their innovative ideas and stating in theory why it's a better idea. This is why new parking lots funnel the cars and incoming traffic to the front of stores where people are walking out.

|

2/27/2019 10:16 AM

westeast wrote:

Has Reed been asked about this? I'm sure he's dropped off the pace a little from his championship years, but he's still ...more

He has been. Hes said the pace isnt all that different from 04. He says nobody today is doing anything radically different.

|