Carey Hart makes TMZ with threat against looters

jeffro503
11/14/2018 7:28pm
I can't speak on how I might try to protect my neighbor's property , if it actually came to throwing lead. But my own stuff? Yes , I would defend my stuff and property with a gun and kill any asshole that thought he could take what's mine.

I think Carey and his gang have gone a little over board with this , but if it meant protecting your property or your family with deadly force.......then I'm all for it honestly. The point being......if you don't want to take a chance on getting shot , don't rob people.
Monk
11/14/2018 7:40pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I can't speak on how I might try to protect my neighbor's property , if it actually came to throwing lead. But my own stuff? Yes...
I can't speak on how I might try to protect my neighbor's property , if it actually came to throwing lead. But my own stuff? Yes , I would defend my stuff and property with a gun and kill any asshole that thought he could take what's mine.

I think Carey and his gang have gone a little over board with this , but if it meant protecting your property or your family with deadly force.......then I'm all for it honestly. The point being......if you don't want to take a chance on getting shot , don't rob people.
Let's just assume that Carey and his crew are fairly upstanding guys.. You know, wife, kids, business, etc.

And, that the people lutting and stealing aren't. You have to imagine those people who already have criminal intent might be equally armed.

So a shootout goes off and now you're lying there dying over a big screen tv... Seems kinda pointless to me... People often assume they have the upper hand in situations like this but never consider what the other camp is thinking.. Reminds me of all those guys online saying they would have beat this guys ass had he done that to them. Well crap, what if he's a better fighter then you? Or as mentioned here, packing a weapon..now what?
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3725th
11/14/2018 8:34pm Edited Date/Time 11/14/2018 8:42pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I can't speak on how I might try to protect my neighbor's property , if it actually came to throwing lead. But my own stuff? Yes...

A human life for some stuff that insurance would more than likely cover? Wow. That’s actually comical if you can’t see the flaw there...

Let’s break it down even further.

You worked a couple hundred hours at your job to buy a bunch of stuff, most of which is not necessary to own. This guy wants to steal said stuff. So, essentially, he’s stealing what was once your time. Someone stealing a couple hundred hours of your time is equal to you ending their life.

Ok

The Shop

jeffro503
11/14/2018 8:35pm
jeffro503 wrote:

Monk wrote:
Let's just assume that Carey and his crew are fairly upstanding guys.. You know, wife, kids, business, etc. And, that the people lutting and stealing aren't...
Let's just assume that Carey and his crew are fairly upstanding guys.. You know, wife, kids, business, etc.

And, that the people lutting and stealing aren't. You have to imagine those people who already have criminal intent might be equally armed.

So a shootout goes off and now you're lying there dying over a big screen tv... Seems kinda pointless to me... People often assume they have the upper hand in situations like this but never consider what the other camp is thinking.. Reminds me of all those guys online saying they would have beat this guys ass had he done that to them. Well crap, what if he's a better fighter then you? Or as mentioned here, packing a weapon..now what?
If their intent is to come on to your property and take stuff that isn't their's to begin with , and they are armed? You shoot those fucking people before they even get a shot off. It isn't about a big screen TV , ....it's about protecting yourself , family and property. You have no idea what their true intension's are......but if they come onto your property , loaded with any kind of weapon's.....you would be stupid ( and a coward to just lay there and let them take whatever they want.

I'm not built that way , nor was I born that way , to just lay over and let people take my shit. Especially if I had any family or friend's there to protect. Like I said.....you come to steal people's stuff , don't bitch when you get your head blown off.
jeffro503
11/14/2018 8:41pm
jeffro503 wrote:

A human life for some stuff that insurance would more than likely cover? Wow. That’s actually comical if you can’t see the flaw there... Let’s break...
A human life for some stuff that insurance would more than likely cover? Wow. That’s actually comical if you can’t see the flaw there...

You worked a couple hundred hours at your job to buy a bunch of stuff, most of which is not necessary to own. This guy wants to steal said stuff. So, essentially, he’s stealing what was once your time. Someone stealing a couple hundred hours of your time is equal to you ending their life.

Ok
And that is the type of attitude that criminal's want to see / hear. Let their victim's just sit in the corner and piss themselve's , while the criminal take's whatever he wants. He'll walk right by my house if he know's I mean business......and go right over to your place and take whatever he want's. Let's be honest here.....these looter's are some of the lowest forms of human being's on this planet. And no judge on planet earth would convict a guy for splattering that piece of shit's brain's all over the pavement , if they found out he was carrying weapon's and intending to rob the person who blew his head off. I would , with out a doubt , 100% blow that fucker's gut's into the next county.
zehn
11/14/2018 8:45pm Edited Date/Time 11/14/2018 8:46pm
jeffro503 wrote:

A human life for some stuff that insurance would more than likely cover? Wow. That’s actually comical if you can’t see the flaw there... Let’s break...

Ok
jeffro503 wrote:
And that is the type of attitude that criminal's want to see / hear. Let their victim's just sit in the corner and piss themselve's...
And that is the type of attitude that criminal's want to see / hear. Let their victim's just sit in the corner and piss themselve's , while the criminal take's whatever he wants. He'll walk right by my house if he know's I mean business......and go right over to your place and take whatever he want's. Let's be honest here.....these looter's are some of the lowest forms of human being's on this planet. And no judge on planet earth would convict a guy for splattering that piece of shit's brain's all over the pavement , if they found out he was carrying weapon's and intending to rob the person who blew his head off. I would , with out a doubt , 100% blow that fucker's gut's into the next county.
Actually just about every judge in the world would convict you because that’s a crime, assuming you are protecting someone else’s property which you have no legal duty or interest to defend.
Subotai
11/14/2018 9:09pm

Ok
jeffro503 wrote:
And that is the type of attitude that criminal's want to see / hear. Let their victim's just sit in the corner and piss themselve's...
zehn wrote:
Actually just about every judge in the world would convict you because that’s a crime, assuming you are protecting someone else’s property which you have no...
Actually just about every judge in the world would convict you because that’s a crime, assuming you are protecting someone else’s property which you have no legal duty or interest to defend.
Legal in Texas. True story.
JM485
11/14/2018 9:09pm
JM485 wrote:
Anyone looting an evacuated persons house should be shot right then and there, might make others think twice about being a POS to that degree.
APLMAN99 wrote:
Shooting someone that you think 'may be' committing a crime right then and there sounds good, I suppose. It worked out great here.…..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/11/14/police-chief-saddened-…
No argument on that one, that's a horrible deal all around.

I think the difference here is it would be a lot easier to tell when someone's looting, most likely due to them taking things from a home in an area that the owners of the home aren't supposed to be (I'm assuming these areas are closed to public access). I think myself, and a lot of others, are sick of this vicious cycle where people aren't allowed to defend their property because "insurance will just cover it", and then criminals just get bolder and bolder since they know they can get away with it. At the same time, insurance rates will just get higher and higher, etc, it's a never ending cycle that only screws the people doing the right thing. I just can't imagine all of the people who have lost everything, and then to have someone add to the turmoil by stealing from those who were lucky enough just to be displaced from their homes and get away with it just makes my blood boil. At some point you ask yourself what is the solution? People are constantly having their stuff stolen (especially in my area), yet you're not allowed to defend it and the people committing crimes get essentially no punishment so they just get more aggressive each time. I mean can you understand where the frustration is coming from? My first post might have been too emotional but the fact remains that this is a huge problem that's only getting worse.
ledger
11/14/2018 9:13pm
Been in a similar situation after a tornado hit the house, it's spooky to see the type of people that... just show up. I had no problem showing a double barrel to protect my wife and kids, and also salvage what we worked for, for many years. To be honest, you don't know what you will do until you have to go face to face with evil.
JM485
11/14/2018 9:42pm

Ok
Ok cool, what about the stuff that’s irreplaceable? Maybe something a now passed friend or family member gave to you that means more than any amount of money could?
jeffro503
11/14/2018 9:55pm

Ok
jeffro503 wrote:
zehn wrote:
Actually just about every judge in the world would convict you because that’s a crime, assuming you are protecting someone else’s property which you have no...
I mentioned " protecting my own property ". And again....if the guy was carrying a weapon , coming onto my property , there isn't a judge any where that would find you at fault. Criminal's are hoping you do the " cower in the corner " shit I guess , which make's people a victim. In those fires down south , if a person is protecting his property from a looter , I wouldn't think anyone could find him at fault for doing so. FWIW.....Texas has it right! In many , many different way's. That is why it thrives...and a lot of California as of late?
jeffro503
11/14/2018 9:58pm
ledger wrote:
Been in a similar situation after a tornado hit the house, it's spooky to see the type of people that... just show up. I had no...
Been in a similar situation after a tornado hit the house, it's spooky to see the type of people that... just show up. I had no problem showing a double barrel to protect my wife and kids, and also salvage what we worked for, for many years. To be honest, you don't know what you will do until you have to go face to face with evil.
And ledger.....that is exactly what I'm talking about! You stood your ground , and the thieve's went some where else. It's the point I am trying to make here.
NorCal 50+
11/14/2018 10:24pm
Every single situation is different. I think anybody would be willing to pick up a gun to defend their family. I would. But say I heard something in my garage and went out there and a homeless dude was trying to steal something- I'm not gonna blow him away on the spot.
The pic in Hart's post suggest a kind of roving band of dudes with guns. The whole thing is overblown, which I contributed to since I put up this post. If there was a pack of moto guys going around on dirt bikes blowing away looters with shotguns, it would be a different story, but I don't see that happening.
11/14/2018 10:25pm Edited Date/Time 11/15/2018 4:12am
I had to go through my Facebook account and physically unfollow Hart after I liked a post during the RCH daze because of his over the...
I had to go through my Facebook account and physically unfollow Hart after I liked a post during the RCH daze because of his over the top ad nauseam rhetoric on guns. Like if everyone had guns the world would be a safer and better place.
JAFO92 wrote:
It's not rhetoric, he's right.
Says you. Let's compare shooting figures from my country to yours. You're wrong.
Doddy
11/14/2018 10:29pm
jeffro503 wrote:

Ok
Your life means nothing to me if you are willing to break into my house where my wife and kids are.
jemcee
11/14/2018 10:36pm
Anyone saying they'd have no problem shooting a person should probably talk to someone who has..
I don't know from experience but I'd bet it's very different when you've got someone's life at the other end of your barrel, and not easily forgotten once you've ended it
jeffro503
11/14/2018 10:39pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Every single situation is different. I think anybody would be willing to pick up a gun to defend their family. I would. But say I heard...
Every single situation is different. I think anybody would be willing to pick up a gun to defend their family. I would. But say I heard something in my garage and went out there and a homeless dude was trying to steal something- I'm not gonna blow him away on the spot.
The pic in Hart's post suggest a kind of roving band of dudes with guns. The whole thing is overblown, which I contributed to since I put up this post. If there was a pack of moto guys going around on dirt bikes blowing away looters with shotguns, it would be a different story, but I don't see that happening.
I agree with everything you just said. In my scenario .....I was describing what I would do against actual real looter's , not some poor homeless guy. I'm talking....wild fires going on , and bands of thive's coming to steal everyone's shit. And if those thieve's were armed , they would have a very bad day if they came onto my property. If they werten't armed.....they aren't going to be standing up against a guy with a shotgun pointed at them , telling them to hit the fucking road. Armed?......They had better be ready to kill me , because they aint taking shit from my place. And it isn't about the big screen TV......I mean nothing! Not a piece pf paper as far as I'm concerned.
jeffro503
11/14/2018 10:44pm
jemcee wrote:
Anyone saying they'd have no problem shooting a person should probably talk to someone who has.. I don't know from experience but I'd bet it's very...
Anyone saying they'd have no problem shooting a person should probably talk to someone who has..
I don't know from experience but I'd bet it's very different when you've got someone's life at the other end of your barrel, and not easily forgotten once you've ended it
I know it isn't Jem , as I do know someone who has faced exactly that. And blood shed from a weapon , I've stood right next to someone who got the tail end of it. I'm trying to make a point here , that not everyone is willing to back down , and just " let " thieve's take whatever they want. If those thieve's come onto a person's property , that had better well know , that there may be people on that property willing to defend it. And if you are stupid enough to take another man's shit , with a loaded weapon pointed at you....you deserve you get your ass full of buckshot.
11/15/2018 4:20am
jemcee wrote:
Anyone saying they'd have no problem shooting a person should probably talk to someone who has.. I don't know from experience but I'd bet it's very...
jeffro503 wrote:
I know it isn't Jem , as I do know someone who has faced exactly that. And blood shed from a weapon , I've stood right...
I know it isn't Jem , as I do know someone who has faced exactly that. And blood shed from a weapon , I've stood right next to someone who got the tail end of it. I'm trying to make a point here , that not everyone is willing to back down , and just " let " thieve's take whatever they want. If those thieve's come onto a person's property , that had better well know , that there may be people on that property willing to defend it. And if you are stupid enough to take another man's shit , with a loaded weapon pointed at you....you deserve you get your ass full of buckshot.
I get what you're saying here, and as I posted on Halloween night, I was on my verandah with a golf club. Not because of kids trick or treating, as I did have a bucket of chuppa chups for the kids out doing that, but because some drunk piss head son of a bitch from around the corner was making threats at my dog and I. And I was willing to go long on that tee off. Still not worth killing somebody though IMO for material possessions that can be replaced where time behind bars or waiting execution can't.
newmann
11/15/2018 6:25am
jeffro503 wrote:
zehn wrote:
Subotai wrote:
Legal in Texas. True story.

peelout
11/15/2018 8:10am
looters kinda make the post-apocalypse movies look like they know what they're talking about. at the first opportunity people will break the law and commit theft among other crimes. fuck those people and if you're defending them then fuck you too.

11/15/2018 12:32pm
I don't think anyone here is defending looters, at least I'm not. More that the whole Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kids thing is a bit OTT. Suppose if you're in that situation, and given the loss of whole towns and many people, a lot of stress and probably little sleep, and then you have these fuckers stealing people's stuff in the wake of tragedy, desperate times call for desperate measures.
KMC440
11/15/2018 2:39pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Every single situation is different. I think anybody would be willing to pick up a gun to defend their family. I would. But say I heard...
jeffro503 wrote:
I agree with everything you just said. In my scenario .....I was describing what I would do against actual real looter's , not some poor homeless...
I agree with everything you just said. In my scenario .....I was describing what I would do against actual real looter's , not some poor homeless guy. I'm talking....wild fires going on , and bands of thive's coming to steal everyone's shit. And if those thieve's were armed , they would have a very bad day if they came onto my property. If they werten't armed.....they aren't going to be standing up against a guy with a shotgun pointed at them , telling them to hit the fucking road. Armed?......They had better be ready to kill me , because they aint taking shit from my place. And it isn't about the big screen TV......I mean nothing! Not a piece pf paper as far as I'm concerned.
They've arrested some 16 to 18 looters up in Paradise. Scum is scum and will never change. We can do without them.

Post a reply to: Carey Hart makes TMZ with threat against looters

The Latest