USADA+UFC issues

Related:
Create New Tag

12/25/2019 5:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/25/2019 5:33 PM

I read the Ping thread and something I never notice anyone bring up in these topics is the Jon Jones situation from UFC with people talk about masking agents and all that. The level of testing these days are extremely sensitive, so sensitive that in the Jon Jones case it picked up on his previous failed test in Picograms.
This topic was massively important because it would define how future drug testing would go not just in UFC but multiple other sports USADA tested. Joe Rogan did a podcast with Jeff Novitzky that was fascinating, he goes into super great detail. Worth the listen. And yes all agencies can be corrupted, but in motocross the money doesn’t run deep enough for these guys to be able to afford the drugs and masking agents, it’s very very expensive. Obviously the top few big dogs could but it’s a long shot for the rest.

Test them all, punish the guilty. Just be better at suspensions and turn around times

|

12/25/2019 6:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/25/2019 6:02 PM

Ping is pissed unloading a tirade. Havent seen him this mad since the mohhammed days..lol

|

12/25/2019 6:39 PM

PastranaWho wrote:

Ping is pissed unloading a tirade. Havent seen him this mad since the mohhammed days..lol

He’s usually pretty funny and I generally like his work, but that’s some of the thinnest skin I’ve seen in a long time.

I think it’d be just a nightmare being a commentator and being so sensitive to any criticism from anyone that you’d need to lash out like that. Just let folks do their talking and go on to your next story, interview, etc. If a commentator at a bigger sport were to be as sensitive as that, they’d stroke out after a week.

|

12/25/2019 6:39 PM

PastranaWho wrote:

Ping is pissed unloading a tirade. Havent seen him this mad since the mohhammed days..lol

Methinks someone may have spiked Mr. Pingree's Christmas Eve eggnog....that was bizarre...the normally articulate and thoughtful (and yes, sarcastic at times) guy I know went full retard....

I agree with some of the OP's comments. The biggest issue I have with making it the wild west is the horrible message it sends to upcoming kids. I hate the corrupt enforcement bodies, but letting cheating just happen is plain ignorant...

|

12/25/2019 6:40 PM

PastranaWho wrote:

Ping is pissed unloading a tirade. Havent seen him this mad since the mohhammed days..lol

APLMAN99 wrote:

He’s usually pretty funny and I generally like his work, but that’s some of the thinnest skin I’ve seen in a long time.

I think it’d be just a nightmare being a commentator and being so sensitive to any criticism from anyone that you’d need to lash out like that. Just let folks do their talking and go on to your next story, interview, etc. If a commentator at a bigger sport were to be as sensitive as that, they’d stroke out after a week.

Spot on...I stand by my eggnog theory...😬

|

12/25/2019 6:47 PM

I seriously don't even listen to podcasts. But......
Maybe David was throwing out a question for debate , and you totally took him literally , as if if it was 100% his opinion?

Again.....I don't listen , nor have any idea what you guys are even talking about. I just know Ping as a pretty level headed dude , so I dunno.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

12/25/2019 6:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/25/2019 6:48 PM

I Thought the comments on feld killing off the sponsors were very interesting , although I wonder if once Ricky and Carey stepping back from doing stuff also hurt the ability to get sponsors

|

12/25/2019 6:48 PM


|

12/25/2019 7:15 PM

Regardless of the topic being discussed there, that was just an embarrassing set of responses from Ping.

I won't even get into the ridiculousness of just allowing anyone to take whatever they want....

The reality is, you can only test for things you know to look for. The Barry Bonds/Marion Jones case was the classic example of that. Had they not been ratted out, nobody would have even known what to look for. The top people in the tops sports will be able to afford these types of doping programs... MX/SX? I think we'll just see guys getting popped for the garden variety mistakes with a few guys cheating on the more basic stuff.

Anyway, that Ping stuff in the other thread was just a head shaker.

|

12/25/2019 7:23 PM

To The Chopper wrote:

Regardless of the topic being discussed there, that was just an embarrassing set of responses from Ping.

I won't even get into the ridiculousness of just allowing anyone to take whatever they want....

The reality is, you can only test for things you know to look for. The Barry Bonds/Marion Jones case was the classic example of that. Had they not been ratted out, nobody would have even known what to look for. The top people in the tops sports will be able to afford these types of doping programs... MX/SX? I think we'll just see guys getting popped for the garden variety mistakes with a few guys cheating on the more basic stuff.

Anyway, that Ping stuff in the other thread was just a head shaker.

Agreed. Also, if anyone else called someone an ignorant shit, GuyB would be waiting with the snips. Good to be on the payroll.

|

12/25/2019 7:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/25/2019 7:28 PM

PastranaWho wrote:

Ping is pissed unloading a tirade. Havent seen him this mad since the mohhammed days..lol

He has every right to be on a tirade or “triggered” - I just listened to his comments on The show and to even question what he said or to call him retarded is laughable-

Ping said “it’s kind of a fringe topic and SOME PEOPLE in the nfl and MLB word think these athletes should just have at it” - he didn’t say that’s his opinion.

Someone gets on here misquotes him or must have been drunk when they listened and came out guns blazing and calling him names. Kinda reminds me of the comments on CNN or FOX News.

|

"I think you're pretty slow, everyone else on here knew that for years."

12/25/2019 7:28 PM

PastranaWho wrote:

Ping is pissed unloading a tirade. Havent seen him this mad since the mohhammed days..lol

Regis wrote:

He has every right to be on a tirade or “triggered” - I just listened to his comments on The show and to even question what he said or to call him retarded is laughable-

Ping said “it’s kind of a fringe topic and SOME PEOPLE in the nfl and MLB word think these athletes should just have at it” - he didn’t say that’s his opinion.

Someone gets on here misquotes him or must have been drunk when they listened and came out guns blazing and calling him names. Kinda reminds me of the comments on CNN or FOX News.

Read the end of the other thread. Valid points are made that address this.

|

12/25/2019 7:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/25/2019 7:33 PM

To The Chopper wrote:

Regardless of the topic being discussed there, that was just an embarrassing set of responses from Ping.

I won't even get into the ridiculousness of just allowing anyone to take whatever they want....

The reality is, you can only test for things you know to look for. The Barry Bonds/Marion Jones case was the classic example of that. Had they not been ratted out, nobody would have even known what to look for. The top people in the tops sports will be able to afford these types of doping programs... MX/SX? I think we'll just see guys getting popped for the garden variety mistakes with a few guys cheating on the more basic stuff.

Anyway, that Ping stuff in the other thread was just a head shaker.

tcallahan707 wrote:

Agreed. Also, if anyone else called someone an ignorant shit, GuyB would be waiting with the snips. Good to be on the payroll.

I wonder if the “Tobz” in the original thread actually listed to what ping said on the show.

|

"I think you're pretty slow, everyone else on here knew that for years."

12/25/2019 7:38 PM

From what I understood, they were saying that trace amounts of these banned supplements shouldn't warrant the suspensions they do. And also, for how short of a career the average rider has, these sentences they've been throwing at guys like 2 years is asanine. Their suspensions should be at most about 4 races. One year is like 5 in MX years.

Along with all of the other criticisms that people have of the FIM (lag time with sentencing) I think at the end, Ping sort of went nuclear with the comment about how everyone should be allowed to take anything. I don't necessarily agree with that, but I do believe that there should be a threshold for how much of a substance someone tests for along with the severity of the substance.

No more of these year-long suspensions for a trace amount of a random substance found in a protein shake that barely helps performance!

|

12/25/2019 8:22 PM

Classic ping meltdown, if you don't agree with ping then your wrong, he's always right. Been that way for years.

Talks shit about the forums and members for years but now he has a product to sell, he's all for them.

|

There are two kinds of people against dirt bikes, those who never tried and those who weren't good at them.

12/25/2019 8:22 PM

Where did the thread go?

|

Facebook.com/8tensolutions
Twitter and Instagram @8tensolutions

12/25/2019 8:24 PM

Someone in ping's position should respond in a more professional manner , similar to the way Davey Coombs responds when he gets shit. He shouldn't respond like a fellow vitard. Just my opinion.

|

12/25/2019 8:29 PM

8tensolutions wrote:

Where did the thread go?

Still up, just locked.

https://m.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Carey-Hart,1369507

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/25/2019 8:30 PM

PastranaWho wrote:

Ping is pissed unloading a tirade. Havent seen him this mad since the mohhammed days..lol

Regis wrote:

He has every right to be on a tirade or “triggered” - I just listened to his comments on The show and to even question what he said or to call him retarded is laughable-

Ping said “it’s kind of a fringe topic and SOME PEOPLE in the nfl and MLB word think these athletes should just have at it” - he didn’t say that’s his opinion.

Someone gets on here misquotes him or must have been drunk when they listened and came out guns blazing and calling him names. Kinda reminds me of the comments on CNN or FOX News.

You forget then ping went on to say this and this is a direct quote from the thread had a mental break down in, took his bat and ball and locked.

"Retarded? They’ll never be able to get in front of the masking agents, which means anybody with enough money can take whatever they want. So why fight it? I’ll sit here and wait while you give me some bullshit idea of how to handle it. Go ahead."

It was pathetic the way he acted, what a sook.

|

12/25/2019 8:30 PM

Regis wrote:

He has every right to be on a tirade or “triggered” - I just listened to his comments on The show and to even question what he said or to call him retarded is laughable-

Ping said “it’s kind of a fringe topic and SOME PEOPLE in the nfl and MLB word think these athletes should just have at it” - he didn’t say that’s his opinion.

Someone gets on here misquotes him or must have been drunk when they listened and came out guns blazing and calling him names. Kinda reminds me of the comments on CNN or FOX News.

Don’t agree , he is an employee and moderator here he should not of really gone off as he did , the idea was Floated on his show that no drug testing should be done and they joked about having guys Basically shoot up on the line ,

|

12/25/2019 8:30 PM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

Someone in ping's position should respond in a more professional manner , similar to the way Davey Coombs responds when he gets shit. He shouldn't respond like a fellow vitard. Just my opinion.

Hit the nail on the head.

I’m not a Ping fan nor hater, but after reading his responses I could only say to myself “what a douche”

|

12/25/2019 8:32 PM

If I was Guyb I'd be having a quiet chat to him, lost all respect for Ping, if somone I was paying spoke to customers like that I'd be fucking pissed.

|

12/25/2019 8:33 PM

wide open wally wrote:

I read the Ping thread and something I never notice anyone bring up in these topics is the Jon Jones situation from UFC with people talk about masking agents and all that. The level of testing these days are extremely sensitive, so sensitive that in the Jon Jones case it picked up on his previous failed test in Picograms.
This topic was massively important because it would define how future drug testing would go not just in UFC but multiple other sports USADA tested. Joe Rogan did a podcast with Jeff Novitzky that was fascinating, he goes into super great detail. Worth the listen. And yes all agencies can be corrupted, but in motocross the money doesn’t run deep enough for these guys to be able to afford the drugs and masking agents, it’s very very expensive. Obviously the top few big dogs could but it’s a long shot for the rest.

Test them all, punish the guilty. Just be better at suspensions and turn around times

You couldn't be more wrong or more uninformed
First off, Novitsky is a company man.
2nd, so is Rogan

3rd, Picograms is a result of a too late test.
Learn what half lives are.

Because they cannot prove a recent use, they used the excuse to get the whole card moved from Vegas to Calif. NSAC said fuck it. Guy failed we aren't licensing him

Calif bought the bullshit for the revenue.

The excuse is basically saying you were drunk 3 years ago, but you're still drunk. Then not, then drunk, then not, then drunk again.

Remember, Jones hid under the cage for 8 hours at Jackson Wink while usada waited for him. They knew he was there, sonewhere.

They wanted to get a warrant to go back and analyze the piss under the octagon for drugs and DNA but got denied.

That's how many times Jones tested clean, dirty, clean, dirty, clean, dirty.

Pulsing is bullshit and everyone knows it. But CAC licensed him stating the amounts weren't enough to matter, even though those amounts were low, nothing, higher, nothing, low etc.

Novitsky dodges legit questions like a kid playing dodgeball. He switched sides.

The problem is simply there are too many drugs in and out in 4 hours and limited testing resources.

They were trying to catch Dillashaw for years. Got him. Same for others.

Lately lots of drug coaches have been banned for 4 years to life. One worked for the drug manufacturers just recently. Usada puts out some great info.

|

12/25/2019 8:34 PM

There was also another thread complaining about the first thread being locked that went in the circular file after it turned into a bunch of nonsense about political beliefs.

When I get an email from someone here on Christmas Day complaining about a thread being tossed, there are clearly some people with different priorities out there. I guess that also explains much of the rest of this thread.

|

12/25/2019 8:44 PM

wide open wally wrote:

I read the Ping thread and something I never notice anyone bring up in these topics is the Jon Jones situation from UFC with people talk about masking agents and all that. The level of testing these days are extremely sensitive, so sensitive that in the Jon Jones case it picked up on his previous failed test in Picograms.
This topic was massively important because it would define how future drug testing would go not just in UFC but multiple other sports USADA tested. Joe Rogan did a podcast with Jeff Novitzky that was fascinating, he goes into super great detail. Worth the listen. And yes all agencies can be corrupted, but in motocross the money doesn’t run deep enough for these guys to be able to afford the drugs and masking agents, it’s very very expensive. Obviously the top few big dogs could but it’s a long shot for the rest.

Test them all, punish the guilty. Just be better at suspensions and turn around times

WhatchaWant wrote:

You couldn't be more wrong or more uninformed
First off, Novitsky is a company man.
2nd, so is Rogan

3rd, Picograms is a result of a too late test.
Learn what half lives are.

Because they cannot prove a recent use, they used the excuse to get the whole card moved from Vegas to Calif. NSAC said fuck it. Guy failed we aren't licensing him

Calif bought the bullshit for the revenue.

The excuse is basically saying you were drunk 3 years ago, but you're still drunk. Then not, then drunk, then not, then drunk again.

Remember, Jones hid under the cage for 8 hours at Jackson Wink while usada waited for him. They knew he was there, sonewhere.

They wanted to get a warrant to go back and analyze the piss under the octagon for drugs and DNA but got denied.

That's how many times Jones tested clean, dirty, clean, dirty, clean, dirty.

Pulsing is bullshit and everyone knows it. But CAC licensed him stating the amounts weren't enough to matter, even though those amounts were low, nothing, higher, nothing, low etc.

Novitsky dodges legit questions like a kid playing dodgeball. He switched sides.

The problem is simply there are too many drugs in and out in 4 hours and limited testing resources.

They were trying to catch Dillashaw for years. Got him. Same for others.

Lately lots of drug coaches have been banned for 4 years to life. One worked for the drug manufacturers just recently. Usada puts out some great info.

I somewhat agree but I feel fairly informed as I do consider myself a hardcore mma fan, my point was/is how advanced testing has become and it not being that easy for guys in Moto to drug and mask it in their price range. Everyone knows jones is dirty don’t get me wrong on that, but I do believe the testing is becoming so good that they are running into issues never faced before. I don’t believe Rogan to be a company man but do agree with Novitzski, that in itself is a entirely different subject.

|

12/25/2019 8:47 PM

wide open wally wrote:

I somewhat agree but I feel fairly informed as I do consider myself a hardcore mma fan, my point was/is how advanced testing has become and it not being that easy for guys in Moto to drug and mask it in their price range. Everyone knows jones is dirty don’t get me wrong on that, but I do believe the testing is becoming so good that they are running into issues never faced before. I don’t believe Rogan to be a company man but do agree with Novitzski, that in itself is a entirely different subject.

I can’t see Rogan coming out and outright bagging the ufc of Jon Jones ,

|

12/25/2019 8:52 PM

Masking agents dont hide everything, and most were just IVs and diuretics

It's better to just take the right stuff so you can duck a test for a few.
The best part of USADA coming into MX is the info will be emailed out.

Merrell’s sanction was reduced from four years to two years because she did not specifically know her coach had provided her the prohibited substance, although he did encourage her to use prohibited substance to increase her performance. -

|

12/25/2019 9:05 PM

MERRY CHRISTMAS YA SALTY BASTARDS!

|

12/25/2019 9:11 PM

GuyB wrote:

There was also another thread complaining about the first thread being locked that went in the circular file after it turned into a bunch of nonsense about political beliefs.

When I get an email from someone here on Christmas Day complaining about a thread being tossed, there are clearly some people with different priorities out there. I guess that also explains much of the rest of this thread.

Why do you always feel the need to talk down to the users of this forum, we support the forum and give you a job. Fair enough there are some idiots on here that do deserve to be clipped, but i think you need to change your attitude a bit.

You should be happy people are logging on to here at christmas and enjoy the place so much, checking work emails on christmas day sounds like your priorities are mixed up.

|

There are two kinds of people against dirt bikes, those who never tried and those who weren't good at them.

12/25/2019 9:19 PM

GuyB wrote:

There was also another thread complaining about the first thread being locked that went in the circular file after it turned into a bunch of nonsense about political beliefs.

When I get an email from someone here on Christmas Day complaining about a thread being tossed, there are clearly some people with different priorities out there. I guess that also explains much of the rest of this thread.

As a question not ment to wind you up , but likely too

Are you ok with what ping said on the original thread ?

|