Carbureted, ten-year old engine leading?

cheers_22
Edited Date/Time 7/28/2013 8:22pm
People should tell Yamaha this isn't supposed to happen.

Shout out to Ryan Morais as team manager and what he's done with those bikes.

As well as J mart!!!
|
DL
7/27/2013 11:37am
Good point!
jleews6
7/27/2013 6:00pm
I agree and have you noticed how many times the Yamahas have been up in the front on the starts? They are top three or four just about every start.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
7/27/2013 6:05pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2013 9:54pm
There is nothing wrong with carbs (engine carbs)! Fuel injection is just more fashionable in today's mx media. Carbed bikes are still very tunable, and lighter than FI.
7/27/2013 7:35pm
burn1986 wrote:
There is nothing wrong with carbs (engine carbs)! Fuel injection is just more fashionable in today's mx media. Carbed bikes are still very tunable, and lighter...
There is nothing wrong with carbs (engine carbs)! Fuel injection is just more fashionable in today's mx media. Carbed bikes are still very tunable, and lighter than FI.
+1 and they are cheaper to tune.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/27/2013 7:40pm
Also, Brad Hoffman.n
cheers_22
7/27/2013 9:41pm
burn1986 wrote:
There is nothing wrong with carbs (engine carbs)! Fuel injection is just more fashionable in today's mx media. Carbed bikes are still very tunable, and lighter...
Because people are so caught up in efi. Carbs were cut out simply because the marketing approach with Efi.

It's just a promotional platform. A poorly mapped efi bike will run just as sluggish if not worse than a poorly jetted carb.

Whatevs.. Good on Yamaha and the Myplash team for making it happen!
7/27/2013 9:53pm
wow a ten year old motor......hope its been rebuilt at least once......
silver753
7/27/2013 11:29pm
People who like carbs better are just like the old guys who still think water cooled bikes are bad. Remember those ATK ads where they made fun of water cooled bikes? I'm guessing the majority of people who don't like fuel injection have never spent much time riding one, or are afraid of the technology. My uncle won't use computers cause they "serve no purpose". He still carries a little notepad and pencil in his pocket. But, whatever suits you...................
jock
Fantasy
1st
7/28/2013 1:54am
silver753 wrote:
People who like carbs better are just like the old guys who still think water cooled bikes are bad. Remember those ATK ads where they made...
People who like carbs better are just like the old guys who still think water cooled bikes are bad. Remember those ATK ads where they made fun of water cooled bikes? I'm guessing the majority of people who don't like fuel injection have never spent much time riding one, or are afraid of the technology. My uncle won't use computers cause they "serve no purpose". He still carries a little notepad and pencil in his pocket. But, whatever suits you...................
Has your uncle ever had a virus in that notepad?.
7/28/2013 2:05am
Something that disturbs me is that I am not able to compare apple to apple:

It seems logical that a 44mm injection is better than a 38mm carb.

1. If the injection was 38mm, would the "upgrade" be so noticeable?

2. And is it possible to put a 40, 42 or 44mm carb ?
jleews6
7/28/2013 4:54am
burn1986 wrote:
I agree 100%. if you took most of the riders that say carbs are no good and put them on a well prepped carb bike and told them it was injected ,they wouldnt know the difference.
Im not saying carbs are better and in fact a FI setup is better in most ways. My son has been on injected bikes for a couple of years now and a few weeks ago I got him a new yamaha 250 and after setting up the carb he said he cant tell a difference.
Crush
7/28/2013 5:49am
I like Morais, but the Star guys have been getting good starts for ages... No doubt those bikes are good and have been for a while.

What has changed, is they don't seem to be dropping people after one season
newmann
7/28/2013 6:22am
When the cable is stretched, the hole is open and the fuel is a flowing....it's all good. Did they really come to the conclusion that the five valve head isn't better than a four valver or is four more fashionable too?
gharmon
7/28/2013 8:50am
Something that disturbs me is that I am not able to compare apple to apple: It seems logical that a 44mm injection is better than a...

Lots of time bigger is not better. Bigger can make one sluggish and make less power. This is on both sides of the engine (carb or exhaust).
cheers_22
7/28/2013 8:58am
silver753 wrote:
People who like carbs better are just like the old guys who still think water cooled bikes are bad. Remember those ATK ads where they made...
I've ridden every new model of efi bike except ktm.. Cunt.

Go play with your uncle.

People like you, who are too damn stupid to dial in a carb, are the reason they went out the door.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
7/28/2013 9:06am
cheers_22 wrote:
I've ridden every new model of efi bike except ktm.. Cunt. Go play with your uncle. People like you, who are too damn stupid to dial...

Go play with your uncle.

People like you, who are too damn stupid to dial in a carb, are the reason they went out the door.
Got a little sand in your vagina?
JW381
7/28/2013 9:11am
cheers_22 wrote:
I've ridden every new model of efi bike except ktm.. Cunt. Go play with your uncle. People like you, who are too damn stupid to dial...

Go play with your uncle.

Brad460 wrote:
Got a little sand in your vagina?
No shit, cunt.
7/28/2013 9:42am
I think efi is better for mx because there less chance of a random bog. Chad Reed in Dallas a few years ago is a good example.
mx836
7/28/2013 9:42am
silver753 wrote:
cheers_22 wrote:

Go play with your uncle.

Man, I wish I was as cool as you.
JW381
7/28/2013 9:51am
mxracer816 wrote:
This escalated rather quickly!
cheers_22 wrote:
"It did didn't it?" Great movie haha
Yeah and I stabbed a man with a trident
mynewcr250
7/28/2013 10:10am
silver753 wrote:
The majority of people who don't like carbs are the ones on the Internet looking for jetting specs cause they don't understand basic jetting
cheers_22
7/28/2013 10:26am
mxracer816 wrote:
This escalated rather quickly!
cheers_22 wrote:
"It did didn't it?" Great movie haha
JW381 wrote:
Yeah and I stabbed a man with a trident
it was on tv earlier lol
kevin204
Fantasy
2870th
7/28/2013 10:36am
I think efi is better for mx because there less chance of a random bog. Chad Reed in Dallas a few years ago is a good...
I think efi is better for mx because there less chance of a random bog. Chad Reed in Dallas a few years ago is a good example.
Detroit. 5 years ago. Wink
mulletman
7/28/2013 12:08pm
Something that disturbs me is that I am not able to compare apple to apple: It seems logical that a 44mm injection is better than a...

Carburetors have a slide, throttle bodies have a butterfly..............
watson
7/28/2013 12:47pm
EFI isn't some hi-performance/ game changing technology. Just makes life slightly easier (delivery changes are made with swapping couplers or a laptop) and slightly safer (this would depend on who you ask, though). No reason to think the current YZ duece and halfs couldn't hang with every other make.

If anything, it's like what the guys in yellow are dealing with for their 450: same bike basically since 2008, but it's also a highly developed machine because of that.

Post a reply to: Carbureted, ten-year old engine leading?

The Latest