Carbon fiber skidplates

Motofinne
I have never used a carbon fiber skidplate but i found a pretty good deal(129€) on a brand new skidplate from Lightspeed for my 2016 KTM.

How do they hold up? I guess the carbon skidplate will look like crap after a few hours of riding? Or should i just buy a new Acerbis skidplate for roughly the same price?
|
RussB
Fantasy
1164th
2/23/2017 1:37am
I've got a Pro Carbon skid plate on my RMZ and it holds up pretty damn well.

It will scratch and scuff over time (20-30 hours), but a quick blast with some silicone spray or GT85 etc and it looks like new. I actually think carbon holds up better and doesn't dull as much as plastic does. If you are careful with it and don't scrape over it with a mud scraper after every ride etc then they do hold up pretty good.

The only downside I've found is that it can split or crack in places, mine has a 2cm split from an edge to a vent hole on one of the sides. Not really an issue as such but they aren't immune from damage.
2/23/2017 2:02am
i have one on me husky also surprised how well its goin , its a pro carbon , it was on the bike when i bought it but i wouldn`t pay full tilt for one , over priced my son has an accerbis one which does the job and is quieter, the carbon resonates a bit back at you , not as bad as metal though .

Motofinne
2/23/2017 2:06am
Ok, it sounds like it will look decent if it's maintained well.

I might have to get one then!

Thanks!

Post a reply to: Carbon fiber skidplates

The Latest