Canyon mx in AZ - practice on 4/14?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/9/2019 1:42 PM

I'm coming down from WA and I'm having trouble confirming they are running a practice there on Sunday the 14th. The practice schedule doesn't seem to work right on my phone on their website and the Facebook page doesn't say.

Also are they running during the week after sunday?

|

4/9/2019 1:50 PM

looks like it is a practice day, yep.

I would go to ACP or really anywhere else.

|

4/9/2019 1:52 PM

Canyon is awesome and I may drive down this weekend as well.

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

4/9/2019 1:58 PM

This will be my first time hitting any AZ tracks I've done many of the so cal tracks though. I'll be on my yz250 smoker #90 and my friend will be in his crf/cr250 smoker #92.

|

4/9/2019 3:43 PM

I would go to ET track has been great the last few weeks.

|

4/9/2019 8:01 PM

SmokinJoe439 wrote:

I'm coming down from WA and I'm having trouble confirming they are running a practice there on Sunday the 14th. The practice schedule doesn't seem to work right on my phone on their website and the Facebook page doesn't say.

If you are going to be in AZ during the week and want to ride a private track a couple hours north of Canyon near Kingman let me know. motomojo3@gmail.com
I want to get in some laps sometime during the week and don't like to ride by myself.

|

4/9/2019 8:03 PM

SmokinJoe439 wrote:

motomojo wrote:

If you are going to be in AZ during the week and want to ride a private track a couple hours north of Canyon near Kingman let me know. motomojo3@gmail.com
I want to get in some laps sometime during the week and don't like to ride by myself.

Do NOT miss an opportunity to go to motomojo's place. It is ALL TIME.

|

4/9/2019 8:35 PM

SmokinJoe439 wrote:

motomojo wrote:

Joe, I have all of next week off from work and would love to finally get a chance to ride at your place if it is possible!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

4/9/2019 9:03 PM

bvm111 wrote:

Joe, I have all of next week off from work and would love to finally get a chance to ride at your place if it is possible!

Sure come on out any day or days next week are fine.

|

4/9/2019 10:24 PM

SmokinJoe439 wrote:

Go to ACP or ET if you can!

|

4/12/2019 12:33 PM

motomojo wrote:

bvm111 wrote:

motomojo wrote:

Joe,

Sent you text, how does Tuesday sound and is it cool if I bring another Vital member?

|

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

4/12/2019 2:53 PM

Canyon's a great track and will we open 8-4 this Sunday. Guess there's still some folks protesting because if they price increase.

|

4/12/2019 3:11 PM

JoePit wrote:

Canyon's a great track and will we open 8-4 this Sunday. Guess there's still some folks protesting because if they price increase.

You guys are $10 more for big bikes than here in So Cal, which isn't horrible. But $30 for peewee's? That's double what it is here.. How does anyone justify taking their kid on a peewee to the track for $30?

Not trying to start anything, I'm just asking a simple question.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

4/12/2019 3:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2019 3:49 PM

JoePit wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

You guys are $10 more for big bikes than here in So Cal, which isn't horrible. But $30 for peewee's? That's double what it is here.. How does anyone justify taking their kid on a peewee to the track for $30?

Can't say I agree with the pricing but they are the only track open 5 days a week that also gives us a good race series. I will agree that $30 to ride the peewee and vet track is insane though.

Little guys riding the main track though get the same amount of time on it as there big guys. They split every 20 minutes like clockwork, something other tracks in the valley will not do.

All they track are great though. Motoland is another great track in the valley

|

4/12/2019 5:09 PM

JoePit wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

JoePit wrote:

Can't say I agree with the pricing but they are the only track open 5 days a week that also gives us a good race series. I will agree that $30 to ride the peewee and vet track is insane though.

Little guys riding the main track though get the same amount of time on it as there big guys. They split every 20 minutes like clockwork, something other tracks in the valley will not do.

All they track are great though. Motoland is another great track in the valley

I like the Canyon layout and obstacles but I can't stand it when they give 6 mini's 20 minutes to ride then +60 big bikes 20 minutes to ride. Just beyond stupid. Should be 40 minutes of big bikes and 20 minutes for mini's on the main track - or 20 minute big bike experts, 20 min big bike Vet/beginners, and 20 min of mini's. Nothing worse than sitting around waiting to ride while 5-6 mini's get to ride, then a damn freight train of riders unleashes for 20 minutes straight. The kids on mini's can hit up the kid track or vet track during the 40 minutes of big bikes. ET does that same stupid crap. I love the dirt at ET, but not a fan of Jonah. Love the folks out at Motoland and spend most of our time there - amateur SX track, MX, and vet tracks (vet track was recently improved). Mark is planning to rework the national track in May, which is much needed. Motoland is super people friendly and they don't run you off if you want to stay past the designated hours. ACP is really good overall too - but they don't let you work sections of the track (good for practice), you can only spin laps, and they are sticklers about getting out of there on time. Bummer Ocotillo shut down recently. Loved that track. It wasn't for everybody, but it was our favorite all around MX track.

|

4/12/2019 6:36 PM

I like Canyon, but I agree with TbonesPop. I haven’t ridden there in a year, but the last few times I went, a flurry of bikes all hit the track at the same time as soon as big-bike practice opened. All my focus was on trying to stay out of the main line and not get run over

|

4/12/2019 7:05 PM

Don't waste your time or money on Canyon. ACP, Motoland and ET are all far better.

|

Indecision is a choice

4/12/2019 7:05 PM

JoePit wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

And no break for military! I asked politely last time at Canyon if they help Military and first responders... NO!

Both Milestone and LACR give a 5 dollar break and it’s much appreciated.

|

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

4/12/2019 10:08 PM

bvm111 wrote:

Joe,

Sent you text, how does Tuesday sound and is it cool if I bring another Vital member?

Hey Barron
Just got home and to beat to send a text with my old ass flip phone.
Tues is fine weather supposed to be nice 70's light breeze.
Been working on my tractor all day getting the block crack welded up and the frame that broke that caused the block crack welded as well what a fricking day..
If i can get it towed back to the ranch Sun i will be able to do some much needed prep Sun and Mon.
Bring as many as want to come.

Cheers
Joe

|

4/12/2019 10:50 PM

motomojo wrote:

bvm111 wrote:

Joe,

motomojo wrote:

Hey Barron
Just got home and to beat to send a text with my old ass flip phone.
Tues is fine weather supposed to be nice 70's light breeze.
Been working on my tractor all day getting the block crack welded up and the frame that broke that caused the block crack welded as well what a fricking day..
If i can get it towed back to the ranch Sun i will be able to do some much needed prep Sun and Mon.
Bring as many as want to come.

Cheers
Joe

Awesome thanks I appreciate it, anything we should bring to help with the track?

|

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250