Can't wait for SX to get back....

Related:
Create New Tag

6/25/2018 6:45 AM

Too many injuries in MX.

But seriously, I'm so tired of seeing these guys get hurt. When I saw Martin laying there, it made me sick.

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

6/25/2018 6:46 AM

huck wrote:

Too many injuries in MX.

But seriously, I'm so tired of seeing these guys get hurt. When I saw Martin laying there, it made me sick.

Yep!

|

6/25/2018 7:02 AM

Too many injuries period... Wish there was a solution (many have been previously discussed) but it isn't going to change right now.

|

6/25/2018 7:33 AM

I know it's only 4 laps... but how many guys have been hurt at the 125 Dream Races so far this year?

|

6/25/2018 7:34 AM

Just goes to show you it’s not the tracks as much as is the sport.

Riding a bike on the edge of disaster is a recipe for pain, and the best ones do it for 70 mins every weekend. It’s bound to happen and it sure sucks when it does

|

6/25/2018 7:58 AM

What are the options to reduce injuries?

|

6/25/2018 8:15 AM

aFACEdismembered wrote:

I know it's only 4 laps... but how many guys have been hurt at the 125 Dream Races so far this year?

Hundreds if you count all the hurt feelings on Vital because of the reported media black out.

|

Ed Johnson

6/25/2018 8:29 AM

aFACEdismembered wrote:

I know it's only 4 laps... but how many guys have been hurt at the 125 Dream Races so far this year?

lostboy819 wrote:

Hundreds if you count all the hurt feelings on Vital because of the reported media black out.

LOL!!

|

6/25/2018 8:32 AM

This sport needs to have less horsepower on the track....these bikes are killing this sport.

|

6/25/2018 8:35 AM

Deathcross? I'm enjoying every second moto provides. Still wonder what's to come of this additional SX round speak

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

6/25/2018 8:39 AM

It’s the 4 strokes. I love mine, but in both SX and MX I’d rather see the 2 Strokes come back. The 4 strokes rut these tracks up indoors and outdoors. Add the power they generate, the lack of spin and the obstacles on the tracks, it’s a wonder anyone is healthy.

In my opinion, I think the 4 stroke is what elevated the Europeans to the level they are today. Their tracks rut up worse than ours do and they race that shit year round over there. Over the years the talent has eveolved like the sport always has and they just all go fast now. Anyone running the top 10 in the GP’s and SX/MX today would be too 5 or podium 10 years ago.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

6/25/2018 8:45 AM

Its not a safe sport and never will be. I've seen a lot of bad injuries when 125s made 16 hp.

You can do whatever you want to make a bike safer, taking away the suspension and making the motors slower, but human nature is what it is, and guys will try to go as fast as they can on whatever junk you give them, resulting in injuries.

|

6/25/2018 8:46 AM

Racer111 wrote:

It’s the 4 strokes. I love mine, but in both SX and MX I’d rather see the 2 Strokes come back. The 4 strokes rut these tracks up indoors and outdoors. Add the power they generate, the lack of spin and the obstacles on the tracks, it’s a wonder anyone is healthy.

In my opinion, I think the 4 stroke is what elevated the Europeans to the level they are today. Their tracks rut up worse than ours do and they race that shit year round over there. Over the years the talent has eveolved like the sport always has and they just all go fast now. Anyone running the top 10 in the GP’s and SX/MX today would be too 5 or podium 10 years ago.

2 stroke create more, deeper ruts.

|

6/25/2018 8:46 AM

estebanglas wrote:

What are the options to reduce injuries?

Slower, tighter tracks. Less, and smaller jumps.

I’m not going to say slower bikes because speed is all down to track design.

|

6/25/2018 8:49 AM

Racer111 wrote:

It’s the 4 strokes. I love mine, but in both SX and MX I’d rather see the 2 Strokes come back. The 4 strokes rut these tracks up indoors and outdoors. Add the power they generate, the lack of spin and the obstacles on the tracks, it’s a wonder anyone is healthy.

In my opinion, I think the 4 stroke is what elevated the Europeans to the level they are today. Their tracks rut up worse than ours do and they race that shit year round over there. Over the years the talent has eveolved like the sport always has and they just all go fast now. Anyone running the top 10 in the GP’s and SX/MX today would be too 5 or podium 10 years ago.

UpTiTe wrote:

2 stroke create more, deeper ruts.

I’ll argue that. The 4 strokes grab way more dirt than 2 strokes ever thought about. I ride and race on the same tracks today that I did 15-20 years ago and the 4 strokes tear them up way more than 2 strokes ever did.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

6/25/2018 9:02 AM

huck wrote:

Too many injuries in MX.

But seriously, I'm so tired of seeing these guys get hurt. When I saw Martin laying there, it made me sick.

Well , I'll take MX any day of the week over SX.....but I hear you on the Jmart thing. Broken collar bones , leg's , arm's , ect...are one thing. Broken back's and necks are injuries that make you take a step back and think about things. I hate seeing that too , and that knot I get in my stomach after seeing it.....aint a good feeling.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

6/25/2018 9:28 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

Its not a safe sport and never will be. I've seen a lot of bad injuries when 125s made 16 hp.

You can do whatever you want to make a bike safer, taking away the suspension and making the motors slower, but human nature is what it is, and guys will try to go as fast as they can on whatever junk you give them, resulting in injuries.

x2

|

I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

6/25/2018 9:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/25/2018 9:46 AM

Racer111 wrote:

It’s the 4 strokes. I love mine, but in both SX and MX I’d rather see the 2 Strokes come back. The 4 strokes rut these tracks up indoors and outdoors. Add the power they generate, the lack of spin and the obstacles on the tracks, it’s a wonder anyone is healthy.

In my opinion, I think the 4 stroke is what elevated the Europeans to the level they are today. Their tracks rut up worse than ours do and they race that shit year round over there. Over the years the talent has eveolved like the sport always has and they just all go fast now. Anyone running the top 10 in the GP’s and SX/MX today would be too 5 or podium 10 years ago.

UpTiTe wrote:

2 stroke create more, deeper ruts.

Racer111 wrote:

I’ll argue that. The 4 strokes grab way more dirt than 2 strokes ever thought about. I ride and race on the same tracks today that I did 15-20 years ago and the 4 strokes tear them up way more than 2 strokes ever did.

It's been proven that two strokes tear up tracks more than 4 Strokes because of the power delivery. Maybe those tracks that you're writing now that you wrote 20 years ago or different now because they're rip deeper? Since the four-stroke Revolution, they've been able to rip tracks a lot deeper without robbing the power.

it's the reason you don't see anymore hard pack tracks on the AMA circuit, they can rip the tracks as deep as they want because of the power of four stroke and that's why you have a slot car tracks every weekend.

|

6/25/2018 10:00 AM

Didn’t he collide with another rider mid air? Pretty sure the outcome would be the same if he was on a two stroke.

|

6/25/2018 10:06 AM

aFACEdismembered wrote:

I know it's only 4 laps... but how many guys have been hurt at the 125 Dream Races so far this year?

lostboy819 wrote:

Hundreds if you count all the hurt feelings on Vital because of the reported media black out.

That's F'n funny and so correct.

|

I was G before the "moto drive" to Vital

6/25/2018 10:07 AM

Yup, I am ready for supercross to start already

|

6/25/2018 10:12 AM

Huh? SX has triple the injuries as MX and is plain boring after the 2nd race. You can keep that crap.

|

6/25/2018 10:13 AM

It’s been rough this year

|

6/25/2018 10:57 AM

aFACEdismembered wrote:

I know it's only 4 laps... but how many guys have been hurt at the 125 Dream Races so far this year?

Big difference in intensity and risk taking racing for a championship vs racing for fun.

|

6/25/2018 10:59 AM

estebanglas wrote:

What are the options to reduce injuries?

Robgvx wrote:

Slower, tighter tracks. Less, and smaller jumps.

I’m not going to say slower bikes because speed is all down to track design.

Kids break bones on C tracks all fhe time... its nature of the sport. Not the tracks bikes or riders.

|

6/25/2018 11:10 AM

estebanglas wrote:

What are the options to reduce injuries?

Robgvx wrote:

Slower, tighter tracks. Less, and smaller jumps.

I’m not going to say slower bikes because speed is all down to track design.

kb228 wrote:

Kids break bones on C tracks all fhe time... its nature of the sport. Not the tracks bikes or riders.

Danger is indeed inherent. Doesn’t mean it can’t be mitigated somewhat.

|

6/25/2018 11:15 AM

I’d like to see a poll from the riders on which racing they prefer. I bet most would say SX over MX.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

6/25/2018 11:21 AM

Racer111 wrote:

I’d like to see a poll from the riders on which racing they prefer. I bet most would say SX over MX.

MX is much more grueling

|

I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

6/25/2018 11:26 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

2 stroke create more, deeper ruts.

Racer111 wrote:

I’ll argue that. The 4 strokes grab way more dirt than 2 strokes ever thought about. I ride and race on the same tracks today that I did 15-20 years ago and the 4 strokes tear them up way more than 2 strokes ever did.

UpTiTe wrote:

It's been proven that two strokes tear up tracks more than 4 Strokes because of the power delivery. Maybe those tracks that you're writing now that you wrote 20 years ago or different now because they're rip deeper? Since the four-stroke Revolution, they've been able to rip tracks a lot deeper without robbing the power.

it's the reason you don't see anymore hard pack tracks on the AMA circuit, they can rip the tracks as deep as they want because of the power of four stroke and that's why you have a slot car tracks every weekend.

Proven? Source?

One ride behind either bike tells the story. I never have to worry about following the line of a fellow 2 stroke rider before I make a move and change it up. Behind a 4 stroke I'm already on the opposite side of the track trying new lines within 50 feet of them.

|

James

6/25/2018 11:40 AM

Performance level of a modern 250 4 stroke is on par with the 2 stroke 250 therefore making it comparable to what used to be the premier class in terms of power and speed.

Bring back the 125's for 6 rounds and 6 rounds of 450's. See how it plays out for a few years.

|