Can't believe France...

Related:
Create New Tag

10/7/2018 2:02 PM

can choose not to send one of their best riders, have another pull out, and still win the damn thing! Other nations aren't even close.

|

10/7/2018 2:07 PM

Makes you wonder if Marvin is really their best.

|

2018 KX450F
2005 KX250
2003 KDX 220
1984 KX 80
1982 RM 80
1980 RM 80
1977 XR 75
1969 Honda Mini 50

10/7/2018 2:10 PM

Marv can't beat Tomac and look how good tomac was

|

10/7/2018 2:10 PM

Good to see all the guy's from France on the podium standing, taking their hats off and singing along to their National Anthem wink

|

My favorite rider is K.C Carlyle

10/7/2018 2:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2018 2:44 PM

dkurtd wrote:

Makes you wonder if Marvin is really their best.

Maybe true actually. Might have been right to pick Febvre over him in the first place, sure seems like all the national riders are lacking behind.

|

10/7/2018 2:17 PM

To be fair, I think it is time to call a spade a shovel. If the Netherlands gets ANYTHING out of Calvin today (sucks he got injured), the Netherlands would have crushed everyone, including France. Hell, they smoked the USA in every facet of the races and scored better overall being down a rider.

Congrats to France. Consistency won.

|

10/7/2018 2:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2018 2:29 PM

TbonesPop wrote:

To be fair, I think it is time to call a spade a shovel. If the Netherlands gets ANYTHING out of Calvin today (sucks he got injured), the Netherlands would have crushed everyone, including France. Hell, they smoked the USA in every facet of the races and scored better overall being down a rider.

Congrats to France. Consistency won.

Yes sir

|

10/7/2018 2:28 PM

Loved to see how stoked Paulin was after the last moto, well deserved, Congratz France!

|

10/7/2018 2:30 PM

FeetUp wrote:

Good to see all the guy's from France on the podium standing, taking their hats off and singing along to their National Anthem wink

Yeah, it's as if they don't face extreme racism in their country!!

|

10/7/2018 2:32 PM

woody woodpecker wrote:

can choose not to send one of their best riders, have another pull out, and still win the damn thing! Other nations aren't even close.

It was real close...what are you talking about?

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

10/7/2018 2:33 PM

As long as it's still the whole world against the united states ,we're still winning.

|

10/7/2018 2:39 PM

dkurtd wrote:

Makes you wonder if Marvin is really their best.

woody woodpecker wrote:

Maybe true actually. Might have been right to pick Febvre over him in the first place, sure seems like all the national riders are lacking behind.

Well Marvins results didn't disappoint the last time he rode Mxdn. He's still one of the fastest in the world and for sure a lot faster than Tixier and probably Paulin/Febvre too...

|

#1
KX125

10/7/2018 2:41 PM

woody woodpecker wrote:

can choose not to send one of their best riders, have another pull out, and still win the damn thing! Other nations aren't even close.

BR8ES wrote:

It was real close...what are you talking about?

I'm talking about the fact that they had two better riders sitting out and still won. Can you really argue that other nations are anywhere near the level of France?

|

10/7/2018 2:44 PM

sjw450 wrote:

Marv can't beat Tomac and look how good tomac was

I knew it would only be a matter of time before someone brandished this "logic" wassat

|

BT20 👉 02/20/20 👉#TICKLETIMEBITCHES

10/7/2018 2:48 PM

woody woodpecker wrote:

can choose not to send one of their best riders, have another pull out, and still win the damn thing! Other nations aren't even close.

BR8ES wrote:

It was real close...what are you talking about?

woody woodpecker wrote:

I'm talking about the fact that they had two better riders sitting out and still won. Can you really argue that other nations are anywhere near the level of France?

I am French and not sure what you mean, who is to say they are better? France was the best today with who was there, simple as that. Dutch were on the box with 2 guys...imagine if they had 3, we probably wouldn't be speaking of this.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

10/7/2018 3:07 PM

Congrats France, lets give credit where it is due, they were good..perhaps a little lucky given Netherlands were on fire but that is racing!

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

10/7/2018 3:24 PM

And to think they were going to forfeit. Congrats to France...they earned it.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

10/7/2018 3:30 PM

Paulin made everyone eat crow today with the original controversy of his selection. Killed it.

|

James = #7. Malcolm = #27
7/27=0.259259259259259259259
Stewart return confirmed!

10/7/2018 3:41 PM

Full props to Paulin, he had an average to disappointing MXGP season but he stepped up big time today, like he always does at MXoN. He is for sure a guy who comes alive when he wears his nation's colours. And credit to Tixier, who did what he needed to do. Ferrandis was solid, I might have expected a tiny bit more from him but he was consistent and good enough.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

10/7/2018 4:50 PM

MR. X wrote:

As long as it's still the whole world against the united states ,we're still winning.

That is a true statement

|

10/7/2018 5:16 PM

BR8ES wrote:

I am French and not sure what you mean, who is to say they are better? France was the best today with who was there, simple as that. Dutch were on the box with 2 guys...imagine if they had 3, we probably wouldn't be speaking of this.

You don't think Febvre and Musquin are better than Tixier? Clearly Team France did because they were the guys they wanted over Tixier.

|

10/7/2018 5:26 PM

dkurtd wrote:

Makes you wonder if Marvin is really their best.

I am sure they realized with the fact that he has ridden in the US so long, he is no longer at the same caliber as someone they can grab from the GP's.

|

10/7/2018 5:30 PM

FeetUp wrote:

Good to see all the guy's from France on the podium standing, taking their hats off and singing along to their National Anthem wink

ktmdan wrote:

Yeah, it's as if they don't face extreme racism in their country!!

What a bunch of cheese eating surrender monkeys!

|

10/7/2018 5:32 PM

TbonesPop wrote:

To be fair, I think it is time to call a spade a shovel. If the Netherlands gets ANYTHING out of Calvin today (sucks he got injured), the Netherlands would have crushed everyone, including France. Hell, they smoked the USA in every facet of the races and scored better overall being down a rider.

Congrats to France. Consistency won.

Everyone from the Neatherlands killed it. The South African on the Netherlands team had problems

|

10/7/2018 5:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2018 5:52 PM

sjw450 wrote:

Marv can't beat Tomac and look how good tomac was

Well the last time Marv raced the MxDN he destroyed Paulin on a 250. Had Marv been on the team, France would have won by the end of Moto 2.

|

10/7/2018 5:46 PM

woody woodpecker wrote:

I'm talking about the fact that they had two better riders sitting out and still won. Can you really argue that other nations are anywhere near the level of France?

BR8ES wrote:

I am French and not sure what you mean, who is to say they are better? France was the best today with who was there, simple as that. Dutch were on the box with 2 guys...imagine if they had 3, we probably wouldn't be speaking of this.

woody woodpecker wrote:

You don't think Febvre and Musquin are better than Tixier? Clearly Team France did because they were the guys they wanted over Tixier.

Not sure what you are after, bizarre exchange here... yes, they are better statistically and such. They won with Tixier, so does it matter? I guess you like the what if game a lot.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

10/7/2018 5:52 PM

I heard they are gonna send their ISDE team next year. Their ISDE team from 1995...

|

10/7/2018 5:59 PM

We got Antoine Meo, Pierre alexandre Renet, and Charlier, who rode the ISDE and previously rode in the MXON lol, and charlier won the MXON and ISDE last year. xD Renet made the podium in 07 or 08 MXoN.


Fun facts from this Mxon.
The mexican team give one engine to the french team to rebuild tixier bike !

|

10/7/2018 6:01 PM

BR8ES wrote:

Not sure what you are after, bizarre exchange here... yes, they are better statistically and such. They won with Tixier, so does it matter? I guess you like the what if game a lot.

Dude what I'm saying is your country is clearly much stronger than others considering they don't have to send their best riders and can still win. You must be the type of guy who would argue with a brick wall.

|

10/7/2018 6:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/7/2018 6:19 PM

woody woodpecker wrote:

You don't think Febvre and Musquin are better than Tixier? Clearly Team France did because they were the guys they wanted over Tixier.

BR8ES wrote:

Not sure what you are after, bizarre exchange here... yes, they are better statistically and such. They won with Tixier, so does it matter? I guess you like the what if game a lot.

woody woodpecker wrote:

Dude what I'm saying is your country is clearly much stronger than others considering they don't have to send their best riders and can still win. You must be the type of guy who would argue with a brick wall.

That is what I am thinking with you... your point has been acknowledged and thanks for the observation, my point is that none of what you have brought up matters today. Tixier did what he had to do and France won. So it goes, yes?

|

vomiting equals disqualification.