Canard retiring

BobbyM
7/22/2017 7:28pm
Garrett314 wrote:
Looks like Trey will be announcing his retirement today per Racerx. Always a great rider to have on the circuit but he has had enough devastating...
Looks like Trey will be announcing his retirement today per Racerx. Always a great rider to have on the circuit but he has had enough devastating injuries than I'd ever care to see one person go through. I wish him the absolute best.
Probably the right decision but man he can haul ass. Kari should be very proud of him... One tough sob.... No offense Kari.
j368
7/22/2017 7:53pm
Mit12 wrote:
I like Canard but the truth is even if he wanted to race next year he could not get a ride.
davistld01 wrote:
I don't agree at all. Trey is still as fast as practically anybody out there, and has the talent/speed/potential to do top five anyplace against anybody...if...
I don't agree at all. Trey is still as fast as practically anybody out there, and has the talent/speed/potential to do top five anyplace against anybody...if he keeps it on two wheels. I certainly don't see a OEM factory picking him up, but there's little doubt that he could pretty easily find a good ride on a solid team if he needed to.

All that said, I congratulate Trey for having the courage to step away from what has been his love for so long. The injury thing has gotten too commonplace, and having to recover mentally has to be even harder than recovering physically sometimes. I hope that Trey finds his place in ministry or somewhere else where he can utilize the other gifts God has given him to make a real difference in some people's lives.
Well said, I 2nd that. Trey is very talented, and a real class act!
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/22/2017 8:10pm
moco wrote:
I feel like whatever he takes up in retirement - even if its golf - he's gonna get hurt doing it and end up in the...
I feel like whatever he takes up in retirement - even if its golf - he's gonna get hurt doing it and end up in the hospital.
Looking over some of your previous posts, it looks like you've been trying to get our attention for a while. Congratulations. You got it with this post.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/22/2017 8:36pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2017 8:38pm
I would be remiss if I also didn't say congratulations to his friends and family. You have all been instrumental in helping Trey become who he is, both on and off the track. You should be proud of yourselves, as I know you all are of Trey!

What a family, and what ambassadors you all are for the state of Oklahoma!

The Shop

TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
7/22/2017 8:41pm
Congrats to Trey for a great career in SX/MX. He was a great ambassador for our sport and will be greatly missed. Trey, I wish you all the best in the future young man. Go have some fun, have a family, and enjoy life. You will be missed.
ledger
7/22/2017 8:50pm
Very humble dude, I appreciated that he could admit that he can't represent KTM in the way that he would like, that was just total honesty on his behalf. I think he made a wise decision and he'll make it in this world just fine.
ledger
7/22/2017 8:55pm
Maybe GuyB can do a Q&A with TC in the near future......?
snackfedbear
7/23/2017 5:52am
I for one am a huge fan of Canard. His riding style was amazing and arguably one of the fastest/smoothest guys on a dirtbike on the right day. He was one of those guys that made going mach 3 look like a stick of butter sliding around on a hot skillet.

I remember the time I was riding GH and Trey passed me in a corner. I'm not very fast, so I try to be respectful of the fast guys and keep an ear out to move it over when they come up on me. I was heading down Mt. St. Helens into the left hander under the bridge to go up the hill and missed the inside line. Trey came up on me so fast and dove to that inside off camber rut that by the time I heard him and knew he was there, he was already heading up and I was getting pelted with roost.

Never had a more satisfying stone spray sandwich.
Flip109
7/23/2017 5:53am
Sucks to see him go, but at the same time happy to see him step away without any horrific injury. I think he has a TON to offer the motocross community still off the track. Best wishes to him and hope to still see him stay with the sport! He'd make a remarkable trainer or coach for a younger rider.
JRT812
7/23/2017 6:00am
Nothing but happiness for him. New chapter and bigger things!
cbuehler767
7/23/2017 6:10am
Swann wrote:
That has to be one of the most remarkably wise, mature and emotionally intelligent decisions a professional athlete has ever made. My hats off to Trey...
That has to be one of the most remarkably wise, mature and emotionally intelligent decisions a professional athlete has ever made.

My hats off to Trey. He gave some remarkable performances and, for a time, was really one of the only people that could give James Stewart a run for his money outdoors (where real motocross occurs). Some of those battles are the best ever.

Cheers to a remarkable athlete and human.
I'm wondering what in the hell you are talking about? He never battled Stewart maybe ever and never showed Stewart level speed outdoors. Although Stewart lost a notch by time Trey on 450's which still begs the question what in the hell racing have you been watching?
7/23/2017 6:15am
Swann wrote:
That has to be one of the most remarkably wise, mature and emotionally intelligent decisions a professional athlete has ever made. My hats off to Trey...
That has to be one of the most remarkably wise, mature and emotionally intelligent decisions a professional athlete has ever made.

My hats off to Trey. He gave some remarkable performances and, for a time, was really one of the only people that could give James Stewart a run for his money outdoors (where real motocross occurs). Some of those battles are the best ever.

I'm wondering what in the hell you are talking about? He never battled Stewart maybe ever and never showed Stewart level speed outdoors. Although Stewart lost...
I'm wondering what in the hell you are talking about? He never battled Stewart maybe ever and never showed Stewart level speed outdoors. Although Stewart lost a notch by time Trey on 450's which still begs the question what in the hell racing have you been watching?
Great, get started on an argument in a thread for congratulating Trey. He reads here, so rethink that.

Congratulations, Trey! Enjoy retirement. Thank you so much for being such a great role model for this sport we all love.
Crush
7/23/2017 6:47am
Good to see IMO.

Clearly wasn't attacking like he has done this year on the pumpkin and even last year looked quite reserved after his A1 sprint and crash.

And apart from that, relatively healthy for his track record... Dungey could have maybe ridden till he's 40 and crashed 3 more times, Trey, holy shit. Scary.
Excaliburbmx
7/23/2017 6:55am
moco wrote:
I feel like whatever he takes up in retirement - even if its golf - he's gonna get hurt doing it and end up in the...
I feel like whatever he takes up in retirement - even if its golf - he's gonna get hurt doing it and end up in the hospital.
I feel like whatever you do even if it's sitting in front of a key board you will still be a douche.
davistld01
7/23/2017 7:04am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2017 9:33am
Swann wrote:

I'm wondering what in the hell you are talking about? He never battled Stewart maybe ever and never showed Stewart level speed outdoors. Although Stewart lost...
Here man, let me help you out before you embarrass yourself further.

http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/member/Throwback-James-Stewart-vs-Trey-Ca…
pelted
7/23/2017 9:58am
Awesome racer, courageous individual, class act. Best wishes Trey.
Alucard
7/23/2017 11:09am
Sucks, he was one of my favorites... He had the speed and talent to become one of the best, and when he was healthy he was, but too many injuries...

Good luck to him for his life's journey after racing...
motokiwi
Fantasy
269th
7/23/2017 11:28am
Thanks for the memories Treynard.
Its been an absolute privilege to witness your career.
Phantom 661
7/23/2017 12:36pm
Wish he could have won a few more overalls before retiring. He gave it his all. Gonna miss him out there but I think it's the right decision all things considered. So long Trey!
cbuehler767
7/23/2017 12:55pm
davistld01 wrote:
Here man, let me help you out before you embarrass yourself further. http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/member/Throwback-James-Stewart-vs-Trey-Canard-2013-Spring-Creek-Motocross-National,15878/GD2,43126
Here man, let me help you out before you embarrass yourself further.

http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/member/Throwback-James-Stewart-vs-Trey-Ca…
Ok they battled one race. Trey was the only one who could keep up with James though right? Could be wrong but didn't RV rape everyone in 2013? Ya I really embarrassed myself
BikerScars
7/24/2017 5:36am
Great racer, great talent, a great guy, and he made the right decision.
ATHEIST
Fantasy
939th
7/24/2017 6:15am
trey and shorty best mx/sx ambassador there is.
FolkLoar
7/24/2017 6:32am
Trey is pure class..

It was a pleasure to watch you race, and good luck in anything you choose to do, we know you will be great at it.

Post a reply to: Canard retiring

The Latest