Canard, Cianciarulo, Stewart, Wilson: Bad Luck?

Celine
Edited Date/Time 2/8/2016 8:14am
Dungey finishes 2, 1, 1, 1, 2 every race, but it is also his ability to not get hurt that is truly amazing. So with that said, is it really a case of Canard, Cianciarulo, Stewart and Wilson not being able to, as many people here put it, "catch a break"?

Look, Canard, Cianciarulo, Stewart and Wilson have not finished a series in several years. Is it possible that they are making bad decisions on the machine and that it has nothing to do with luck?

There's a pattern here. And based on their histories, I predicted that all of the above riders would be injured and eliminated within 1 - 3 races into the series.

In short, "catching a break" or luck has nothing to do with it.
|
Motofinne
2/7/2016 1:48pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2016 1:48pm
In certain cases there is bad luck. Didn't Dean get hurt multiple times because of the PC bike failing?

Stewart and Trey on the other hand have a pattern that is pretty clear, there are reasons why they can't stay healthy.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
2/7/2016 1:53pm
I don't know what it is but I feel bad for this group of guys.

They have had periods of great races but to consistently finish races, or even a series lately has been almost impossible.

Some respect given to Wil Hahn's strategy this season.
Celine
2/7/2016 1:54pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2016 1:55pm
Motofinne wrote:
In certain cases there is bad luck. Didn't Dean get hurt multiple times because of the PC bike failing? Stewart and Trey on the other hand...
In certain cases there is bad luck. Didn't Dean get hurt multiple times because of the PC bike failing?

Stewart and Trey on the other hand have a pattern that is pretty clear, there are reasons why they can't stay healthy.
Cianciarulo turned pro in 2013. He has not finished a single supercross or motocross series in the 3 years that he has been a pro.

2013 Supercross: DNF
2013 Motocross: DNF
2014 Supercross: DNF
2014 Motocross: DNF
2015 Supercross: DNF
2015 Motocross: DNF
2016 Supercross: DNF

So what is the underlying cause? People post on the forum believe that these guys cannot "catch a break," which seems ridiculous.

honda123
2/7/2016 1:57pm
Motofinne wrote:
In certain cases there is bad luck. Didn't Dean get hurt multiple times because of the PC bike failing? Stewart and Trey on the other hand...

Celine wrote:
Cianciarulo turned pro in 2013. He has not finished a single supercross or motocross series in the 3 years that he has been a pro. 2013...
Cianciarulo turned pro in 2013. He has not finished a single supercross or motocross series in the 3 years that he has been a pro.

So what is the underlying cause? People post on the forum believe that these guys cannot "catch a break," which seems ridiculous.

AC didn't race sx in 2013

The Shop

Mikkis
2/7/2016 1:58pm
Stew and Canard got taken out this season

Wilson and Cianciarulo crashed out without any help from others

mxb2
2/7/2016 2:04pm
Mikkis wrote:

What about the other years for stewart and canard?
Mikkis
2/7/2016 2:07pm
Mikkis wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
What about the other years for stewart and canard?
Well, that's whole other story Grinning
Celine
2/7/2016 2:11pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2016 2:18pm
honda123 wrote:
Right. He was hired by Pro Circuit and expected to race, but he claimed that he was too "sick." He actually debuted as a pro at Budds Creek in 2013.
Mikkis
2/7/2016 2:15pm
honda123 wrote:
Celine wrote:
Right. He was hired by Pro Circuit and expected to race, but he claimed that he was too "sick." He actually debuted as a pro at...
Right. He was hired by Pro Circuit and expected to race, but he claimed that he was too "sick." He actually debuted as a pro at Budds Creek in 2013.
Nope, he missed Hangtown due sickness
Celine
2/7/2016 2:17pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2016 2:23pm
Mikkis wrote:
Budds Creek: 14 - 17 for the day.

At any rate, let's not get mired in the precise details of race day results. The more interesting question is whether these guys are making poor decisions on the track that get them hurt, or if they are simply at the wrong place at the wrong time.

For instance, Vuilleman argued that Stewart made a very poor decision cutting down on the corner just before Dungey hit him.

2/7/2016 2:18pm
Some people ride under their limit, some people ride at their limit, some people over their limit. You see it at all levels of mx racing.
Mikkis
2/7/2016 2:20pm
Mikkis wrote:
Celine wrote:
Budds Creek: 14 - 17 for the day. At any rate, let's not get mired in the precise details of race day results. The more interesting...
Budds Creek: 14 - 17 for the day.

At any rate, let's not get mired in the precise details of race day results. The more interesting question is whether these guys are making poor decisions on the track that get them hurt, or if they are simply at the wrong place at the wrong time.

For instance, Vuilleman argued that Stewart made a very poor decision cutting down on the corner just before Dungey hit him.

Yep
catatonic
2/7/2016 2:24pm
AC seems fragile......not a knock but he doesn't seem to take hits real well.
early
Fantasy
2231st
2/7/2016 2:27pm
Adam has raced 20 races out of a possible 44(?) As a pro.

Juss
2/7/2016 2:31pm
Celine wrote:
Dungey finishes 2, 1, 1, 1, 2 every race, but it is also his ability to not get hurt that is truly amazing. So with that...
Dungey finishes 2, 1, 1, 1, 2 every race, but it is also his ability to not get hurt that is truly amazing. So with that said, is it really a case of Canard, Cianciarulo, Stewart and Wilson not being able to, as many people here put it, "catch a break"?

Look, Canard, Cianciarulo, Stewart and Wilson have not finished a series in several years. Is it possible that they are making bad decisions on the machine and that it has nothing to do with luck?

There's a pattern here. And based on their histories, I predicted that all of the above riders would be injured and eliminated within 1 - 3 races into the series.

Yeah it was Stewart's fault Dungey ran into him out of control
jj welks
2/7/2016 2:32pm
I don't think it's bad luck that's just the way the "cookie crumbled"
blusmbl
2/7/2016 2:34pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2016 2:34pm
Stewart has backed it down in recent years. The last time he crashed out of the majority of a series was 2012 when he wrecked at Lakewood after winning the first 4 motos. Tomac was a repeat last year...
Celine
2/7/2016 2:35pm
catatonic wrote:
AC seems fragile......not a knock but he doesn't seem to take hits real well.
If it is not too late already, Cianciarulo is just one more shoulder injury away from a title being untenable. In other words, he is close to suffering the same fate that Reynard did. Jefferey Herlings will lose some of that legendary speed, too, if he has another one of those big crashes like he has had in the past two years.

When you think of all of the hits that a guy like Stewart has taken in his 15 year pro career, it is truly amazing the punishment that his body has sustained.
moto0852
2/7/2016 2:37pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2016 2:37pm
The ability to not get hurt might be the biggest skillset you can gain as a racer.

MC is called the "King of Supercross" because of his 72 wins but to me he's amazing because he rarely got hurt. Ryan Dungey is in the same class.

I'll say this. On the right day and in the right circumstance I believe Trey and JS7 (and Eli outdoors) can be flat out faster than RD5 but if I had to bet who would win a championship I would pick RD5 100 times out of 100.
Celine
2/7/2016 2:40pm
blusmbl wrote:
Stewart has backed it down in recent years. The last time he crashed out of the majority of a series was 2012 when he wrecked at...
Stewart has backed it down in recent years. The last time he crashed out of the majority of a series was 2012 when he wrecked at Lakewood after winning the first 4 motos. Tomac was a repeat last year...
Tomac, at Hangtown 2015, is another example of making poor decisions on the bike. Many argued that he did not need to go that fast. The risk was not warranted. Carmichael could adjust his speed, and would even slow down after he was out in front.
Celine
2/7/2016 2:42pm
moto0852 wrote:
The ability to not get hurt might be the biggest skillset you can gain as a racer. MC is called the "King of Supercross" because of...
The ability to not get hurt might be the biggest skillset you can gain as a racer.

MC is called the "King of Supercross" because of his 72 wins but to me he's amazing because he rarely got hurt. Ryan Dungey is in the same class.

I'll say this. On the right day and in the right circumstance I believe Trey and JS7 (and Eli outdoors) can be flat out faster than RD5 but if I had to bet who would win a championship I would pick RD5 100 times out of 100.
Canard, in terms of raw speed and his ability to quickly get the power to the ground is probably the best. But he's a crasher.
Crush
2/7/2016 2:44pm
Celine wrote:
Dungey finishes 2, 1, 1, 1, 2 every race, but it is also his ability to not get hurt that is truly amazing. So with that...

It's his ability not to crash.

MC had the same ability, as did Reed for the earlier part of his career. These guys rarely crashed.

RC was the exception. Mighty mouse bounced well.
downard254
2/7/2016 3:09pm
Celine wrote:

Juss wrote:
Yeah it was Stewart's fault Dungey ran into him out of control
No, we've been through this already. It was Dungeys fault he hit Stewart, it was Stewart's poor racecraft to turn down in front of a rolling 20 rider freight train led by Dungey.Smile
Gringoe
2/7/2016 3:10pm
blusmbl wrote:
Stewart has backed it down in recent years. The last time he crashed out of the majority of a series was 2012 when he wrecked at...
Celine wrote:
Tomac, at Hangtown 2015, is another example of making poor decisions on the bike. Many argued that he did not need to go that fast. The...
Tomac, at Hangtown 2015, is another example of making poor decisions on the bike. Many argued that he did not need to go that fast. The risk was not warranted. Carmichael could adjust his speed, and would even slow down after he was out in front.
How do you know Eli didn't slow down a bit when he was out front? I'm sorry did he crash that day? No.

Ricky won by gaps that big, was he going to fast?
jeffro503
2/7/2016 3:14pm
Motofinne wrote:

Celine wrote:
Cianciarulo turned pro in 2013. He has not finished a single supercross or motocross series in the 3 years that he has been a pro. 2013...

Well I know I was guilty of using that saying , but it's more along the lines of just that....just a saying. Weather it's bad luck , bad preparation or just making bad choices on the bike. " Can't catch a break " kind of covers all of it I think.
jeffro503
2/7/2016 3:15pm
blusmbl wrote:
Celine wrote:
Tomac, at Hangtown 2015, is another example of making poor decisions on the bike. Many argued that he did not need to go that fast. The...
Gringoe wrote:
How do you know Eli didn't slow down a bit when he was out front? I'm sorry did he crash that day? No. Ricky won by...
How do you know Eli didn't slow down a bit when he was out front? I'm sorry did he crash that day? No.

Side note : when Eli went down , was after he had already backed his pace way down. So a guy could say " when he decided to just cruise , is when he got hurt "...Correct?
fidiot
2/7/2016 3:18pm
I am a big believer in making your own luck.
Gringoe
2/7/2016 3:20pm
Celine wrote:
Gringoe wrote:
How do you know Eli didn't slow down a bit when he was out front? I'm sorry did he crash that day? No. Ricky won by...

jeffro503 wrote:
Side note : when Eli went down , was after he had already backed his pace way down. So a guy could say " when he...
Side note : when Eli went down , was after he had already backed his pace way down. So a guy could say " when he decided to just cruise , is when he got hurt "...Correct?
Honestly that's one of the gnarliest if not the gnarliest sections in the whole outdoors. It could've happened to anyone at anytime. For that reason I don't think there's a whole lot you can take from that crash other than a hair to much confidence.
motogrady
2/7/2016 3:25pm

Bad luck eh.

I kinda look at it this way, long term, titles wise, Dungey has run em into the ground.
Celine
2/7/2016 3:28pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Well I know I was guilty of using that saying , but it's more along the lines of just that....just a saying. Weather it's bad luck...
Well I know I was guilty of using that saying , but it's more along the lines of just that....just a saying. Weather it's bad luck , bad preparation or just making bad choices on the bike. " Can't catch a break " kind of covers all of it I think.
*whether

Post a reply to: Canard, Cianciarulo, Stewart, Wilson: Bad Luck?

The Latest