Canard and Morais Injury Updates

mrquick
1/23/2012 1:30pm
burn1986 wrote:
Positive thoughts are great, but why not put feet to these thoughts and pray for their healing and recovery. They both need all the help they...
Positive thoughts are great, but why not put feet to these thoughts and pray for their healing and recovery. They both need all the help they can get.
SL91 wrote:
Sympathetic thoughts and praying are pretty much the same thing.
Not where I come from.
MX45
1/23/2012 1:34pm
Thank you all for the updates. I hit refresh on this thread every 5 minutes. I'll relax when I hear they are on out of the hospital and on their way home.

Ryan is induced, correct? Fight of flight, he can't flee so you tend to fight when you are tied to a hospital bed. I am so glad a C-collar is the course of action. F*** HALOS! Plus having your jaw wired would be like being paralyzed from the neck UP. I could share some good liquid diet recipes, but it's easier to just put all of dinner's leftovers into a blender and suck it up through a fat McDonalds straw. Hey, he can't talk to argue back Smile
Hank_Thrill
1/23/2012 1:34pm
Sully22 wrote:
wishing Trey and Ryan full recoveries....my heart sinks everytime I watch those videos. Two of the best guys....the nicest guys in the pits! take all the...
wishing Trey and Ryan full recoveries....my heart sinks everytime I watch those videos. Two of the best guys....the nicest guys in the pits! take all the time you guys need....do not hurry back
Well said.

A year and a half ago one of my friends had a bad wreck and was in the hospital for a week. I know it seems ridiculous, stupid, whatever... but I feel just as bummed out about this wreck as I did my friend's crash. It must feel like a wide awake nightmare for those guys. And considering how Trey described his emotions after the Washougal accident on Inside The Outdoors... My heart just goes out to the both of them.

The Shop

DrSweden
1/23/2012 2:40pm
Crap, so glad they are not dead after seeing that horrible vid. Let's hope for a speedy recovery. My thoughts are with Treys mom, a fellow Vital-talker, and a damn good lady.
PressPassP
1/23/2012 3:00pm
That was one massive hit,all the best on recovery for Trey and Ryan I guess like everyone I'm glad both guys got away without sci,even though those injuries are damn awful,just take as much time as needed,just get better guys
burnside
1/23/2012 4:05pm
DrSweden wrote:
Crap, so glad they are not dead after seeing that horrible vid. Let's hope for a speedy recovery. My thoughts are with Treys mom, a fellow...
Crap, so glad they are not dead after seeing that horrible vid. Let's hope for a speedy recovery. My thoughts are with Treys mom, a fellow Vital-talker, and a damn good lady.
I agree. That was my first thought when I saw Ryan's impact. As brutal as their injuries are, at least it looks like there are no serious head injuries.
Truckdriver
1/23/2012 5:54pm
Geez I am going racing at Norman this weekend, and now I've got butterlies.
The boys are in my prayers for a speddy recovery. They must be in incredible shape to withstand a crash like that!
basalt
1/23/2012 6:07pm
moscrop940 wrote:
You know man I had this talk with my girlfriend probably 20 minutes after watching the horrific crash this morning. Im only 20 years old, but...
You know man I had this talk with my girlfriend probably 20 minutes after watching the horrific crash this morning.

Im only 20 years old, but I have the body of a 50 year old. I have arthritis in both legs feet and ankles, a back that gives out at the drop of a dime, and a bum knee that requires a full replacement ( although it wont be for awhile with healthcare the way it is, they call the replacement "optional"). I too work construction with my body the way it is and cant fathom being in my 40's and working out in the field, nor do I wish too, but luckily last week I was extremely fortunate and found a full time job operating a forklift for most of the day, but even with being off my feet the majority of the shift my lower half is still screaming for mercy at the end of the day.

Back to the point.....I love this sport, I mean I f!*#ing love this sport, it has given me so many memories that I will carry with my throughout my life, it brought me closer with my dad, and is how I met my long time girlfriend. But at the same time every single morning I wake up in pain, and not the "ouch that's kinda tender" pain, I mean "how the f!*@ am I gonna get through this today" pain. I keep seeing my friends get hurt who still continue to race, and I often think to myself "Is this really worth it anymore?" Sure back when we were all young and full of hope we didn't give a shit how we would feel when we grew up...but now that we are grown up and have responsibilities, maybe the juice might have not been worth the squeeze after all.

Just as an example, in November of last year I left for the sheriffs academy in hopes of making a life for myself. I knew it would be a struggle physically with my legs the way they are, but I can suffer silently, so I didnt think it would be an issue. Fast forward 5 weeks and I was sitting up near the top of my class overall, and was even in the hiring process with a department. But my injuries sustained from my beloved sport caught up with my and my sergeants ordered me to see a doctor because of my limp. Needless to say the doctor didnt clear me to return to training, and the next day I was out on my ass. I can never be an officer now because I am considered a liability to any department.

Point is I am now limited in what I can do for the rest of my life because I had the "screw it, lets go for it" attitude with motocross. Im not saying I regret falling in love with this sport, but had I known then what I know now, I might have toned it back a notch or two with racing. I think everyone needs to remember there is a life after motocross, and right now Im learning all about it.

I apologize for the long run-on post, its hard to convey what Ive been thinking into words since watching that crash this morning. I hope that they both come out on the other side of this healthy and as good as new.

Moscrop
Suns_PSD wrote:
I'm not trying to be a jerk but if you feel that way after a few injuries at 20 you were going to naturally be handicapped...
I'm not trying to be a jerk but if you feel that way after a few injuries at 20 you were going to naturally be handicapped anyways. I have a close friend that is like that. No injuries at all but at 40 he is moving like an old hunched over man.

Some people just feel old naturally. Poor nutrition is a huge factor.

I've broken about 20 bones and had 4 surgeries related to motorcycle accidents. (all roadracing) I'm 40 but literally feel like a 25 year old. And before I broke my back last year, I looked and acted like an energetic kid. I feel perfectly fine. Sure I have aches and pains here and there. But nothing that slows me down.

Good Luck!
moscrop940 wrote:
You know what buddy no offense taken at all. A lot of people dont get it right off the bat either because people break their leg...
You know what buddy no offense taken at all. A lot of people dont get it right off the bat either because people break their leg and walk fine, where as I hobble like a son of a bitch.

Anyway buddy I havent always felt this way, I put both of my tibia and fibula through the tops of my feet, shattering all of the bones in my feet and ankles. I have no cartlidge in between several the bones in my feet anymore which causes them to swell up like a balloon after only a few hours on them. I have to favor one leg depending on which leg is hurting worse, which causes me to lean/hobble to one side, which causes my back to start kick'n because I walk like a tard most of the time. Everyone who walks with a limp for awhile starts to develop back pain, and I walk like it everyday

That and a torn ACL,MCL,PCL,Miniscus,Growth plate, and A shattered knee cap that ALL healed up broken because my doctor never caught any of it because I wasnt complaining about my knees when I broke my legs.

Just explaining that I use to feel great, but not so much anymore. Good for your young feeling body though man.'

Moscrop
Moscrop - Thanks for sharing your experience. It is good to hear your side as well. It is easy to hear the "It was worth it 'cause I loved it" stories, but the reality check is always good too and your experience shows that there are breaks, and there as BAD breaks. Hope things get better for you.

My daughter just started riding. I hope she grows up loving the sport, but I cannot decide if I hope she starts loving to race some day.

Jason
Moto95
1/23/2012 6:51pm
Thanks for the updates, get well soon to both Ryan and Trey, prayers sent.

Post a reply to: Canard and Morais Injury Updates

The Latest