Canadians following Canadian MX series?

Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
Edited Date/Time 5/31/2018 5:44pm
How do you guys follow this series? What is the best website to get info. Other than the Monday Wake Up from RacerX and/or a small thread on vital here I don't see too much on this series.

DMX and GuaranteedMX have info but I'm not a big fan of their websites.

It's a pretty good series and the racing at the front for sure will entertain.
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/30/2018 9:45am Edited Date/Time 5/30/2018 9:48am
There's also MXP Mag. You probably won't like that website either. That's pretty much it.

I did a thread for each round last year but the series is now on Saturday's so I can't watch both at the same time and I prefer to watch AMA live. Might do it on the weekend's that we race and the AMA series have off.
5/30/2018 9:53am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
There's also MXP Mag. You probably won't like that website either. That's pretty much it. I did a thread for each round last year but the...
There's also MXP Mag. You probably won't like that website either. That's pretty much it.

I did a thread for each round last year but the series is now on Saturday's so I can't watch both at the same time and I prefer to watch AMA live. Might do it on the weekend's that we race and the AMA series have off.
Yeah with them being on Saturday it makes it hard. What's even worse is they have the livestreams so you can go back and watch them but you can't skip ahead on them so you either watch the whole broadcast in its entirety or nothing. Would like to see that changed as I would enjoy watching the races even if it isn't live.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/30/2018 10:18am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
There's also MXP Mag. You probably won't like that website either. That's pretty much it. I did a thread for each round last year but the...

Yeah with them being on Saturday it makes it hard. What's even worse is they have the livestreams so you can go back and watch them...
Yeah with them being on Saturday it makes it hard. What's even worse is they have the livestreams so you can go back and watch them but you can't skip ahead on them so you either watch the whole broadcast in its entirety or nothing. Would like to see that changed as I would enjoy watching the races even if it isn't live.
Archive for round 1 isn't even up yet. Not sure when it'll be uploaded but I would like to watch it. No idea what the hold up is. Saw a bit on Saturday but camera quality seemed poor. Maybe it's just me?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/30/2018 10:24am
For you guys in the US if you would like to watch the series on TV it starts airing on MAV TV on June 6th at 1pm and 4pm EST.

The series will air weekly unless it's a weekend off.

I believe they'll start airing the Arenacross series before the Motocross series but I'm not 100% sure on that.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/30/2018 10:26am
For us Canadians the series will air on Fox Sports Racing and TSN. Should start next week as well. Check your TV guides.
OldnBroken
5/30/2018 11:02am
My first impression is that it seems pretty weak. There are maybe 10 big names in the series now. How many semis are in the pits? I was hoping to find a photo showing the trucks, but I couldn't find anything. There is zero discussion on the MxForum about the series. I don't know what to think so far. I also heard that the second motos hadn't even started as of 5pm? What was the delay? Unsure
MK128
5/30/2018 11:04am
They definitely need to improve on their camera work. The quality was good, but there were so many times that you would hear the live announcing get excited about battles, crashes, or passes, and the live stream was just stuck on one rider. Stream announcers were very bland as well.

But, they are going in the right direction I feel.
5/30/2018 12:18pm
MK128 wrote:
They definitely need to improve on their camera work. The quality was good, but there were so many times that you would hear the live announcing...
They definitely need to improve on their camera work. The quality was good, but there were so many times that you would hear the live announcing get excited about battles, crashes, or passes, and the live stream was just stuck on one rider. Stream announcers were very bland as well.

Agree with you on the camera work. It basically stays on the leader and we miss the good battles further back.

I'm really only following the 250s as I follow the MX101 team.
three9zero
5/30/2018 1:14pm Edited Date/Time 5/30/2018 1:14pm
having the races on Saturdays in a bad idea......As an industry employee I can't go and watch either of the races close to me live, or watch it live as I'm at work selling bikes.
OldnBroken
5/30/2018 1:16pm
Agreed three9zero!! I don't work at a bike dealership anymore but when I did it sure pissed me off to miss the races, both on TV and local races that were held on Saturdays. Saturdays shouldn't be workdays!
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
5/30/2018 2:42pm
I agree about the Saturday racing not favoured.

To compete against the US series is no good even if I'm just following the race on twitter. I was hoping to do that last Sunday but realized the race was Saturday.
mh226
5/30/2018 4:07pm
Saturday is much better! Yes it will make the ironman days of racing Canada and US nationals on the same weekend away, but just like in the US it will prove to be better for the sport in the long run. The CMRC was notorious for long days. Hoping the new group takes after DC and MX Sports with moto's firing off at 1, 2, 3, and 4.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/30/2018 4:17pm
MK128 wrote:
They definitely need to improve on their camera work. The quality was good, but there were so many times that you would hear the live announcing...

They need to hire Koster and Travers to put some life in the announcing department. I know they're not everyone's cup of tea but I like them.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/30/2018 4:47pm
OldnBroken wrote:
My first impression is that it seems pretty weak. There are maybe 10 big names in the series now. How many semis are in the pits...
My first impression is that it seems pretty weak. There are maybe 10 big names in the series now. How many semis are in the pits? I was hoping to find a photo showing the trucks, but I couldn't find anything. There is zero discussion on the MxForum about the series. I don't know what to think so far. I also heard that the second motos hadn't even started as of 5pm? What was the delay? Unsure
To my knowledge there's 5 semi's (KTM, GDR Honda, Monster Energy Alpinestars Piller's Kawasaki, OTSFF Yamaha, Club MX/Redemption KTM). MX101 Yamaha have a big rig but their just pulling a regular trailer.

MXForum has been dead for years man. Was active up to the mid 2000's and seemed to die off not long after that.

As for the second moto's starting late it could simply because it's a new series and they ran into a few hiccups trying to fix things they didn't anticipate. Hoping they'll run a tighter ship within the next few rounds especially if they want to have it live on TV by next year.

Not much for rig pics but here's what I have.

Monster Energy Alpinestars Piller's Kawasaki

Rockstar Energy OTSFF Yamaha

Club MX Redemption KTM

kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
5/30/2018 4:52pm
mh226 wrote:
Saturday is much better! Yes it will make the ironman days of racing Canada and US nationals on the same weekend away, but just like in...
Saturday is much better! Yes it will make the ironman days of racing Canada and US nationals on the same weekend away, but just like in the US it will prove to be better for the sport in the long run. The CMRC was notorious for long days. Hoping the new group takes after DC and MX Sports with moto's firing off at 1, 2, 3, and 4.
From my comfy seat at home, everything last Saturday was decidedly worse than the old CMRC series. Somehow they were even MORE behind on schedule, the announcing was junk, the race was on at the same time as Glen Helen, etc.
Lots of work to do.. It's only round 1, but that was a step backwards in almost every way.
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
5/30/2018 4:53pm
Ramrod wrote:
How do you guys follow this series? What is the best website to get info. Other than the Monday Wake Up from RacerX and/or a small...
How do you guys follow this series? What is the best website to get info. Other than the Monday Wake Up from RacerX and/or a small thread on vital here I don't see too much on this series.

DMX and GuaranteedMX have info but I'm not a big fan of their websites.

It's a pretty good series and the racing at the front for sure will entertain.
I posted this thread a little late last week, will try to get it up every Thursday from here on out.

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Rockstar-Triple-Crown-MX…
MK128
5/31/2018 11:20am
MK128 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
They need to hire Koster and Travers to put some life in the announcing department. I know they're not everyone's cup of tea but I like...
They need to hire Koster and Travers to put some life in the announcing department. I know they're not everyone's cup of tea but I like them.
Was not a fan of them. Way back when, sure. But I never found them professional, which didn't matter back in the day, because lets be honest, the series was never seen as or presented as a top tier series (Not racing but for viewing). But I think with the way they want to portray Canadian Moto now, I think they need some professional announcing. Which I hope will come.
three9zero
5/31/2018 11:51am Edited Date/Time 5/31/2018 11:53am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
To my knowledge there's 5 semi's (KTM, GDR Honda, Monster Energy Alpinestars Piller's Kawasaki, OTSFF Yamaha, Club MX/Redemption KTM). MX101 Yamaha have a big rig but...
To my knowledge there's 5 semi's (KTM, GDR Honda, Monster Energy Alpinestars Piller's Kawasaki, OTSFF Yamaha, Club MX/Redemption KTM). MX101 Yamaha have a big rig but their just pulling a regular trailer.

MXForum has been dead for years man. Was active up to the mid 2000's and seemed to die off not long after that.

As for the second moto's starting late it could simply because it's a new series and they ran into a few hiccups trying to fix things they didn't anticipate. Hoping they'll run a tighter ship within the next few rounds especially if they want to have it live on TV by next year.

Club MX Redemption KTM

Rolled into work this morning and found this parked outside. Told them " I'm done racing, so I can't ride for you, no matter what your offering". Nice dudes in the rig. Wished them good luck this weekend.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/31/2018 12:41pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
To my knowledge there's 5 semi's (KTM, GDR Honda, Monster Energy Alpinestars Piller's Kawasaki, OTSFF Yamaha, Club MX/Redemption KTM). MX101 Yamaha have a big rig but...

Club MX Redemption KTM

three9zero wrote:
Rolled into work this morning and found this parked outside. Told them " I'm done racing, so I can't ride for you, no matter what your...
Rolled into work this morning and found this parked outside. Told them " I'm done racing, so I can't ride for you, no matter what your offering". Nice dudes in the rig. Wished them good luck this weekend.
That's cool. I think it would look even better with an orange truck or two tone like the trailer.

You work at RTR? You guys had Topher Ingalls ride a 2 stroke a few years ago. He did pretty good too.
three9zero
5/31/2018 5:02pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
That's cool. I think it would look even better with an orange truck or two tone like the trailer. You work at RTR? You guys had...
That's cool. I think it would look even better with an orange truck or two tone like the trailer.

You work at RTR? You guys had Topher Ingalls ride a 2 stroke a few years ago. He did pretty good too.
Yep I work at RTR, we moved to Kamloops last July after living in Calgary for 14 years, worked at Blackfoot for 10 of them during the race team years. Bummer that we do not have a national here anymore, and the fact that they race on Saturdays now so I cant get to the races to watch. As a sales guy Saturdays off is a no-no.
hamncheeze
5/31/2018 5:15pm Edited Date/Time 5/31/2018 5:16pm
One thing for the non-Canadians to remember about the Canadian series: It operates on a fraction of the budget that Pro Motocross runs on in the USA. From the promotion, to the TV, to the teams. So just keep that in mind as you watch the racing and try to understand why it seems so "small-time".

I was planning to be out at Popkum this Saturday, but some emergency surgery to get rid of my genetically-gifted gallbladder last night has put an end to that. Bummed out that I'm going to miss it.
three9zero
5/31/2018 5:18pm
hamncheeze wrote:
One thing for the non-Canadians to remember about the Canadian series: It operates on a fraction of the budget that Pro Motocross runs on in the...
One thing for the non-Canadians to remember about the Canadian series: It operates on a fraction of the budget that Pro Motocross runs on in the USA. From the promotion, to the TV, to the teams. So just keep that in mind as you watch the racing and try to understand why it seems so "small-time".

I was planning to be out at Popkum this Saturday, but some emergency surgery to get rid of my genetically-gifted gallbladder last night has put an end to that. Bummed out that I'm going to miss it.
Good luck with your surgery hamncheeze, hope you feel better soon.
jeffro503
5/31/2018 5:23pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
For you guys in the US if you would like to watch the series on TV it starts airing on MAV TV on June 6th at...
For you guys in the US if you would like to watch the series on TV it starts airing on MAV TV on June 6th at 1pm and 4pm EST.

I believe they'll start airing the Arenacross series before the Motocross series but I'm not 100% sure on that.
Really , really , REALLY bums me out that I can't watch these races. I don't have Mav tv. What sucks about watching these races is , they always seem to play " last years " races. Like literally 1 year behind. At least that's the way it's been. I sure would like to follow this series , but jesus christ.....they make it damn near impossible.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/31/2018 5:44pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
For you guys in the US if you would like to watch the series on TV it starts airing on MAV TV on June 6th at...

jeffro503 wrote:
Really , really , REALLY bums me out that I can't watch these races. I don't have Mav tv. What sucks about watching these races is...
Really , really , REALLY bums me out that I can't watch these races. I don't have Mav tv. What sucks about watching these races is , they always seem to play " last years " races. Like literally 1 year behind. At least that's the way it's been. I sure would like to follow this series , but jesus christ.....they make it damn near impossible.
I get what you're saying but this is a new year with a new group of owner's so there's bound to be a few hiccups here and there. Great group of people that really want to grow the sport in Canada. They have big plans and I hope they achieve them.

Having the series run through the entire year as oppose to just the summer months is going to help our guys get comfortable indoors. Jess Pettis did pretty good racing 250 SX West this past season. The goal is to develop more riders to compete on the world stage and not just Canada.

Hoping the edited races make their way to YouTube after the TV broadcast. That's why I prefered our races on Sunday. I could watch AMA Saturday and our series on Sunday. Now I have to pick one or the other since watching both at the same time. Looks like it's shaping up to be a great season up here.

Post a reply to: Canadians following Canadian MX series?

The Latest