Canadian Team Possibly Entering 2018 SX Season

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
8/28/2017 11:14am Edited Date/Time 2/5/2018 9:49pm
The Redemption KTM Racing Team is looking at entering the 2018 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Series. Their riders this summer were Cade Clason and Josh Osby.

They are currently looking at doing the entire series with 1 or 2 riders in the 450 class and if that doesn't pan out the East Coast series in the 250 class.

Quite a few guys are currently without rides and names were being thrown around. One of them Dylan Ferrandis.

Nothing concrete as of yet but it's something for everyone to keep an eye on.
|
early
Fantasy
2139th
8/28/2017 11:19am
So is Ferrandis considered French-Canadian then? Grinning
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
8/28/2017 11:23am
I don't think so lol. I'm French-Canadian and have to say their French and our French is quite different. I suppose a couple hundred years would do that.
Sodipop
8/28/2017 11:24am
Why wouldn't ferrandis end up on the same team?
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/28/2017 11:31am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I don't think so lol. I'm French-Canadian and have to say their French and our French is quite different. I suppose a couple hundred years would...
I don't think so lol. I'm French-Canadian and have to say their French and our French is quite different. I suppose a couple hundred years would do that.
Yeah, Quebecois French is different enough that my non-Francophone ears can tell the difference.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
8/28/2017 11:33am
There's no saying that he won't end up staying where he's at but when a contract is up you shop around.

Every smart rider shops around. Who knows what they have to offer. The guy who owns the Redemption KTM Team is legit.
HuskyEd
8/28/2017 11:36am
Don't think we'll see Clason unless he got his failed drug test issues resolved. Dizzy
MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
8/28/2017 11:37am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I don't think so lol. I'm French-Canadian and have to say their French and our French is quite different. I suppose a couple hundred years would...
GuyB wrote:
Yeah, Quebecois French is different enough that my non-Francophone ears can tell the difference.
French-Canadians when speaking English sound more Norwegian than French imo

It's almost like an Icelandic French accent, pretty intriguing
8/28/2017 11:41am
Isn't Ferrandis signed through 2018 with Star?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
8/28/2017 11:46am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Well if you're in the Quebec City region the French spoken there is similar to what's spoken in France from what I've been told. Then there's the rest of the Province of Quebec, Ontario French and Maritime/Acadien French.

There's French spoken in the West of Canada as well but very minimal. Eastern Canada has a lot of French people because that's where our ancestors settled when they crossed the pond. Quebec was originally known as Nouvelle-France/New-France.

It's all French but it all sounds different.

And for you Americans that might not be aware, French-Americans exists. They can be found in parts of Maine and down in Louisiana. I can't remember the percentage but in parts of Maine not only is French is their first language but is spoken at home.

Any Vital members from that part of the U.S. that can chime in on that subject?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
8/28/2017 11:55am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
GuyB wrote:
MX Guy wrote:

Honestly I think that depends where you're from. I'm from Ontario and when I speak in English you wouldn't even know I was French-Canadian unless you'd personally know me. We start learning English at a very young age in elementary school.

Quebec on the other hand I believe learning the English language is an option in parts of the Province and in other areas they have absolutely no comprehension of the language. Some want to learn and others say they have no use for it and hate the English speaking world.

To each their own but I'm happy that I'm perfectly bilingual.

This is turning into non-moto.
Adam43
8/28/2017 12:03pm
I like Redemption, they are a cool little plucky Canadian team.

But to think they will be in the running to hire Ferrandis is crazy. If he's even available, he would have his pick of much more attractive options.

8/28/2017 12:03pm
EnvyMedia wrote:
Isn't Ferrandis signed through 2018 with Star?
As I remember the press release over a year ago said he had a two year deal.. maybe it changed I don't know.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
8/28/2017 12:50pm
Names being thrown around doesn't necessarily mean they've talked to him.

I'm not sure what their plans are but I'm assuming they'll try and sign someone that can do SX and then come race our series in the summer. Possibly someone good enough to be a podium/title contender in our series.

Sure beats going out there on your own dime.
TW85
8/28/2017 1:05pm
So does this mean the Redemption team is planning on running the CMRC nationals as I believe supercross is going to overlap the jetwerx series?

It would be cool to see them hire some Canadian guys to race supercross.
dsmith
Fantasy
1294th
8/28/2017 1:10pm
it's always cool to have another team racin..I hope it all pans out to work...so what part of Canada is bob and doug mckenzie from?....wasn't it around lakeside park?
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/28/2017 1:11pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Well if you're in the Quebec City region the French spoken there is similar to what's spoken in France from what I've been told. Then there's...
Well if you're in the Quebec City region the French spoken there is similar to what's spoken in France from what I've been told. Then there's the rest of the Province of Quebec, Ontario French and Maritime/Acadien French.

There's French spoken in the West of Canada as well but very minimal. Eastern Canada has a lot of French people because that's where our ancestors settled when they crossed the pond. Quebec was originally known as Nouvelle-France/New-France.

It's all French but it all sounds different.

And for you Americans that might not be aware, French-Americans exists. They can be found in parts of Maine and down in Louisiana. I can't remember the percentage but in parts of Maine not only is French is their first language but is spoken at home.

Any Vital members from that part of the U.S. that can chime in on that subject?
My ex was from Montreal.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/28/2017 1:15pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2017 1:16pm
MX Guy wrote:

Let's move dis over dere.

I'll be oot and aboot in B.C. this weekend.
F.B
8/28/2017 1:58pm
GuyB wrote:
My ex was from Montreal.
Oh boy
bh84
Fantasy
1853rd
8/28/2017 2:02pm
GuyB wrote:
My ex was from Montreal.
You met her at Club Supersex didn't you...
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/28/2017 2:06pm
bh84 wrote:
You met her at Club Supersex didn't you...
Ha! Actually Compuserve...which should give you some idea how long ago that was.
brewrabb
8/28/2017 3:31pm
MX Guy wrote:

GuyB wrote:

Dis over der, two and a turd, tabarnac, calesse, ... and of course manger de la merde! Lived in Mallairdville for a spell.
MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
8/28/2017 3:56pm
GuyB wrote:

I heard there was a gnarly storm up there recently with some decent flooding (typical Canada)

Bring your yellow rain boots
Moto167
8/28/2017 4:01pm
Hot and dry in BC!!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
8/28/2017 4:25pm
TW85 wrote:
So does this mean the Redemption team is planning on running the CMRC nationals as I believe supercross is going to overlap the jetwerx series? It...
So does this mean the Redemption team is planning on running the CMRC nationals as I believe supercross is going to overlap the jetwerx series?

It would be cool to see them hire some Canadian guys to race supercross.
I'm not exactly sure. They might only do part of the Jetwerx series (Motocross) and forgo the Arenacross at the start of the year. They might do SX and race CMRC.

Not sure what Mark Stallybrass plans to do with CMRC but I would bet he's not just going to roll over and quit.

Mark has been at it for 25 years and has a proven platform. Jetwerx is new and could have a lot of issues in their first year of operation. Either way it'll get interesting over the next couple of months.

As for Canadians racing for them in SX that would be cool but not many riders to choose from that can ride SX and be competitive. Perhaps Cole Thompson since he's already part of the KTM team.
malachi177
8/28/2017 4:34pm
MX Guy wrote:
I heard there was a gnarly storm up there recently with some decent flooding (typical Canada)

Bring your yellow rain boots
We've had two days that there's been rain since the end of June
MXMattii
8/28/2017 4:57pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Names being thrown around doesn't necessarily mean they've talked to him. I'm not sure what their plans are but I'm assuming they'll try and sign someone...

I'm not sure what their plans are but I'm assuming they'll try and sign someone that can do SX and then come race our series in the summer. Possibly someone good enough to be a podium/title contender in our series.

Are you involved with the team? Otherwise look into Cedric Soubeyras, the kid can race supercross. That is something he proved a ton of times in Europe and in the USA (top tens) and he is also fast in Motocross when he put his mind on it. Same with someone like Valentin Teillet and Xavier Boog but the last one isn't a real supercross rider.

If the team wants to get exposure they can talk with Evgeny Bobryshev the Russian! Also Kevin Strijbos the Belgian is still looking for a ride, dunno if he's interested in learning Supercross, but he's capable of fighting for the Canadian MX Championship. The Australian Luke Cloud can race supercross and can fight for wins outdoors. But all those people, if they wanna do that, need to pack up their belongings and move to the other-side of the world so the price needs to return needs to be right.

But is Dillan Epstein already signed?
TW85
8/28/2017 5:09pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I'm not exactly sure. They might only do part of the Jetwerx series (Motocross) and forgo the Arenacross at the start of the year. They might...
I'm not exactly sure. They might only do part of the Jetwerx series (Motocross) and forgo the Arenacross at the start of the year. They might do SX and race CMRC.

Not sure what Mark Stallybrass plans to do with CMRC but I would bet he's not just going to roll over and quit.

Mark has been at it for 25 years and has a proven platform. Jetwerx is new and could have a lot of issues in their first year of operation. Either way it'll get interesting over the next couple of months.

As for Canadians racing for them in SX that would be cool but not many riders to choose from that can ride SX and be competitive. Perhaps Cole Thompson since he's already part of the KTM team.
I admit as a Canadian I should follow the series more closely then I do but even though I don't follow closely I think your right about CMRC not just going away. I don't think it's perfect but it's worked.

The Jetwerx plan of 10 months of racing crisscrossing Canada is pretty ambitious and it seems like there is a lot more questions then answers. 6-7 months away comes up pretty soon so I'm interested to see how it all unfolds. To be honest I fear that it's going to hurt Canadian moto. No Gopher Dunes on the initial press release schedule bugs me a bit as well.

I know wishful thinking on my part that a Canadian rider is hired for full time supercross by a Canadian team. Considering Thompson's family is Jetwerx I would assume he will race their arenacross series.

Anyways I hope Redemption gets something going and I'll pull for them during the supercross series regardless of who the rider(s) are. Cool to see another team involved and even better a Canadian team.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
8/28/2017 5:12pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Names being thrown around doesn't necessarily mean they've talked to him. I'm not sure what their plans are but I'm assuming they'll try and sign someone...

MXMattii wrote:
Are you involved with the team? Otherwise look into Cedric Soubeyras, the kid can race supercross. That is something he proved a ton of times in...
Are you involved with the team? Otherwise look into Cedric Soubeyras, the kid can race supercross. That is something he proved a ton of times in Europe and in the USA (top tens) and he is also fast in Motocross when he put his mind on it. Same with someone like Valentin Teillet and Xavier Boog but the last one isn't a real supercross rider.

If the team wants to get exposure they can talk with Evgeny Bobryshev the Russian! Also Kevin Strijbos the Belgian is still looking for a ride, dunno if he's interested in learning Supercross, but he's capable of fighting for the Canadian MX Championship. The Australian Luke Cloud can race supercross and can fight for wins outdoors. But all those people, if they wanna do that, need to pack up their belongings and move to the other-side of the world so the price needs to return needs to be right.

But is Dillan Epstein already signed?
I am not involved with the team. In terms of exposure I highly doubt they'd have a budget to sign a world class guy like Bobryshev or other similar guys. Besides that I'm sure Bobryshev would like to stay in the GP's.

Not sure about Epstein. I think he might be coming back to Canada next year. I think Monster Energy is pulling out of the CMRC series and NutUp Industries is taking over as the title sponsor for the Kawasaki team. Seeing as he came up here this summer on a privateer effort with NutUp he might be coming back next year but under the Team's awning. I have no clue what the plans are with him or the Kawasaki team.

There's a lot going on with CMRC and the new series that Jetwerx is putting together. We might have 2 competing series next summer. I hope that is not the case. There's no room for 2 competing series in Canada. Hopefully everything works out in the end and we see all the teams commit to the same series.

If I had to guess I think if everything pans out they'll have an American/s rider/s on the team.

I hope everything works out for the Redemption Team. They've been at it for a while now and it would give us Canadians one more thing to cheer for during the SX series.
cali11
8/28/2017 5:19pm
GuyB wrote:
MX Guy wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Honestly I think that depends where you're from. I'm from Ontario and when I speak in English you wouldn't even know I was French-Canadian unless you'd...
Honestly I think that depends where you're from. I'm from Ontario and when I speak in English you wouldn't even know I was French-Canadian unless you'd personally know me. We start learning English at a very young age in elementary school.

Quebec on the other hand I believe learning the English language is an option in parts of the Province and in other areas they have absolutely no comprehension of the language. Some want to learn and others say they have no use for it and hate the English speaking world.

To each their own but I'm happy that I'm perfectly bilingual.

This is turning into non-moto.
My wife's from Hamilton Ontario Canada & she can speak perfect French. Her brother & sisters can't. Not sure how she learned to speak it so well.
MXMattii
8/28/2017 5:21pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I am not involved with the team. In terms of exposure I highly doubt they'd have a budget to sign a world class guy like Bobryshev...
I am not involved with the team. In terms of exposure I highly doubt they'd have a budget to sign a world class guy like Bobryshev or other similar guys. Besides that I'm sure Bobryshev would like to stay in the GP's.

Not sure about Epstein. I think he might be coming back to Canada next year. I think Monster Energy is pulling out of the CMRC series and NutUp Industries is taking over as the title sponsor for the Kawasaki team. Seeing as he came up here this summer on a privateer effort with NutUp he might be coming back next year but under the Team's awning. I have no clue what the plans are with him or the Kawasaki team.

There's a lot going on with CMRC and the new series that Jetwerx is putting together. We might have 2 competing series next summer. I hope that is not the case. There's no room for 2 competing series in Canada. Hopefully everything works out in the end and we see all the teams commit to the same series.

If I had to guess I think if everything pans out they'll have an American/s rider/s on the team.

I hope everything works out for the Redemption Team. They've been at it for a while now and it would give us Canadians one more thing to cheer for during the SX series.
Bobby is indeed trying to stay in the MXGP but it isn't easy for him, same for Strijbos. For those French SX Specialists, I dunno how expensive they are to be hired.

Post a reply to: Canadian Team Possibly Entering 2018 SX Season

The Latest