Good for Phil. Make that money man.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/14/2019 7:14pm
djc wrote:
He gained 2 more points tonight so he's now leading by 27 with 2 rounds to go.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/14/2019 7:31pm Edited Date/Time 9/15/2019 10:09pm
Unofficial Points Standings After Tonight

1- Dylan Wright 30pts.
2- Luke Renzland 27pts
3- Mathias Jørgensen 25pts.
4- Westen Wrozyna 23pts.
5- Logan Karnow 21pts.
6- Davey Fraser 20pts.
7- Tanner Ward 19pts
8- Jess Pettis 18pts.
9- Quinn Amyotte 17pts.
10- Guillaume St-Cyr 16pts.

1- Dean Wilson 30pts.
2- Malcolm Stewart 27pts.
3- Justin Brayton 25pts.
4- Phil Nicoletti 23pts.
5- Cade Clason 21pts.
6- Matt Goerke 20pts.
7- Cole Thompson 19pts.
8- Shawn Maffenbeier 18pts.
9- Josh Cartwright 17pts.
10- Sam Gaynor 16pts.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/14/2019 7:33pm
Round 2 of the SX Tour is on October 5th in Quebec City.
djc
9/14/2019 7:49pm
djc wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
He gained 2 more points tonight so he's now leading by 27 with 2 rounds to go.
Ohhhhhhh. There are two more rounds lol I’m a idiot. The way Matthes made it sound this was the last round for the money. My bad. Either way I hope Phil can get it done
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/14/2019 7:56pm
For those that have Fox Sports Racing the race is scheduled to re-air on the following dates:

* All Eastern Time

Sunday/Tonight at 12:30am

Sunday/Tomorrow at 5pm

September 22nd at 11:30pm

September 29th at midnight
tek14
9/14/2019 9:51pm
Awesome to see Stewart was fastest guy out there after his injury. Hope he makes it all way to Vegas this winter.
GPR245
9/15/2019 9:20pm Edited Date/Time 9/15/2019 9:23pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
[u][b]Unofficial Points Standings After Tonight[/b][/u] [b]250[/b] 1- Dylan Wright 30pts. 2- Luke Renzland 27pts 3- Mathias Jørgensen 25pts. 4- Westen Wrozyna 23pts. 5- Logan Karnow 21pts...

1- Dylan Wright 30pts.
2- Luke Renzland 27pts
4- Westen Wrozyna 23pts.
5- Logan Karnow 21pts.
6- Davey Fraser 20pts.
7- Tanner Ward 19pts
8- Jess Pettis 18pts.
9- Quinn Amyotte 17pts.

1- Dean Wilson 30pts.
3- Justin Brayton 25pts.
4- Phil Nicoletti 23pts.
5- Cade Clason 21pts.
6- Matt Goerke 20pts.
7- Cole Thompson 19pts.
10- Sam Gaynor 16pts.
Where are you getting the 250 standings from? Wrozyna was credited with 3rd overall after the ref's realized they tied with the 2nd moto being the tie breaker. I spoke with both Kingsley and Murphy personally after the event and they said they would NOT be changing their mind. That Wrozyna was given 3rd because in the riders meeting it was stated both classes would be scored using Olympic scoring.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/15/2019 10:01pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
[u][b]Unofficial Points Standings After Tonight[/b][/u] [b]250[/b] 1- Dylan Wright 30pts. 2- Luke Renzland 27pts 3- Mathias Jørgensen 25pts. 4- Westen Wrozyna 23pts. 5- Logan Karnow 21pts...

1- Dylan Wright 30pts.
2- Luke Renzland 27pts
4- Westen Wrozyna 23pts.
5- Logan Karnow 21pts.
6- Davey Fraser 20pts.
7- Tanner Ward 19pts
8- Jess Pettis 18pts.
9- Quinn Amyotte 17pts.

1- Dean Wilson 30pts.
3- Justin Brayton 25pts.
4- Phil Nicoletti 23pts.
5- Cade Clason 21pts.
6- Matt Goerke 20pts.
7- Cole Thompson 19pts.
10- Sam Gaynor 16pts.
GPR245 wrote:
Where are you getting the 250 standings from? Wrozyna was credited with 3rd overall after the ref's realized they tied with the 2nd moto being the...
Where are you getting the 250 standings from? Wrozyna was credited with 3rd overall after the ref's realized they tied with the 2nd moto being the tie breaker. I spoke with both Kingsley and Murphy personally after the event and they said they would NOT be changing their mind. That Wrozyna was given 3rd because in the riders meeting it was stated both classes would be scored using Olympic scoring.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/16/2019 7:54am
GPR245 wrote:
Where are you getting the 250 standings from? Wrozyna was credited with 3rd overall after the ref's realized they tied with the 2nd moto being the...
I looked at the results again and I believe the following should be the official points standings after Montreal if they used the Olympic scoring system for both classes.

In the 250 class, Renzland, Wrozyna, and Jørgensen all tied in points for 2nd, so the better finish in the second race determined the order for the overalls. Just like in moto they should all be tied for 2nd in the championship standings.

Pettis went 1-DNF, so he shouldn't be in the top 10.

In the 450 class, Brayton and Nicoletti scored the same amount of points with Brayton getting 3rd overall due to having a better finish in the last race.

Again, those two should be tied in points in the championship. Obviously that's all going to change after round 2 since Wilson, Stewart, and Brayton are not doing the remaining rounds.

What The Points Standings Should Look Like

1- Dylan Wright 30pts.
2- Luke Renzland 27pts
2- Westen Wrozyna 27pts.
2- Mathias Jørgensen 27pts.
5- Logan Karnow 21pts.
6- Davey Fraser 20pts.
7- Tanner Ward 19pts
8- Quinn Amyotte 18pts.
9- Guillaume St-Cyr 17pts.
10- Jayce Pennington 16pts.

1- Dean Wilson 30pts.
3- Justin Brayton 25pts.
3- Phil Nicoletti 25pts.
5- Cade Clason 21pts.
6- Matt Goerke 20pts.
7- Cole Thompson 19pts.
10- Sam Gaynor 16pts.
canciaro
9/16/2019 11:17am
Need to get some extra dirt, and maybe make the track a tad harder. I know there are a lot of amateurs in the 250 class but need to make this more attractive to US riders besides the cash. Spend a little more and get Sipes, ARay, Enzo Lopes, etc. to mix in.

The ATVs were actually pretty cool to watch, looked like a bit more fans than last year but still not at its mid 2000s peak.

If I were the series I would ditch the AX portion, add 2 MX races and maybe look at doing 4 total SX races. THe race track they made at Delaware Speedway was actually pretty damn cool I'm kinda mad they couldn't come back. I would've gone to that event as its only 2 hours away.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/16/2019 12:30pm
canciaro wrote:
Need to get some extra dirt, and maybe make the track a tad harder. I know there are a lot of amateurs in the 250 class...
Need to get some extra dirt, and maybe make the track a tad harder. I know there are a lot of amateurs in the 250 class but need to make this more attractive to US riders besides the cash. Spend a little more and get Sipes, ARay, Enzo Lopes, etc. to mix in.

The ATVs were actually pretty cool to watch, looked like a bit more fans than last year but still not at its mid 2000s peak.

If I were the series I would ditch the AX portion, add 2 MX races and maybe look at doing 4 total SX races. THe race track they made at Delaware Speedway was actually pretty damn cool I'm kinda mad they couldn't come back. I would've gone to that event as its only 2 hours away.
Sadly, the new organization has a different view. They scaled back the MX series from 10 rounds to 8 because it costs them too much money to put on for the return they get.

MX really should be the main focus up here. I've said it before, but AX should just be left to Future West. The KTM team doesn't support the AX series.

A 3 round "SX" championship series is a joke in my opinion. A mechanical or small crash and it's over.

If it was up to me:

No AX
10 rounds of MX
4 or 5 rounds of "SX"

Delaware Speedway was pretty cool last year. The best one, after Montreal.

As for Montreal, they really should use the entire floor space. Build a real SX track with some rhythm sections and a whoop section. Tame it down a bit if you have to, but not like this year. Bringing back the mezzanine would be cool too.

Seems like the event is growing so that's a good sign. Hopefully it grows back to what it used to be.
MXMattii
9/16/2019 3:29pm Edited Date/Time 9/16/2019 3:31pm
Maybe it is already asked, but anyone knows the story why Justin Brayton was in his Aussie Penrite Honda team colors and not (yet) in his new HRC colors or still in the Motoconcepts colors?

EDIT: Found my answer on the website of the team.

PENRITE HONDA RACING GO INTERNATIONAL WITH JUSTIN BRAYTON

Justin Brayton will kick start his racing campaign with Penrite Honda Racing, this weekend in Montreal, Canada.

As this is the team’s global debut, they are excited to play a role in Brayton’s racing outside of the usual Australasian Supercross Championship rounds.

“I have always wanted to explore oversees opportunities and Justin generously proposed a mutual venture. Our primary partners were excited to get involved and this weekend will mark our first foray in international competition,” said Penrite Honda Racing team director Yarrive Konsky.

Over the past decade, Brayton has become the most travelled Supercross racer throughout the world, having raced in Europe, America, New Zealand, Canada and Australia.

It has been four months since Brayton has lined up for a Supercross race so he is eager for the gate to drop.

“This Supercross attracts several top ten and podium racers, it’s always high quality racing and I certainly enjoy going toe to toe with these guys!” Brayton said.

The Australian Supercross Championship starts in five weeks and the team have been busily getting ready to defend their championship.

“It’s an exciting year for riders and teams. Four of the five rounds will be on TV and two of them will be aired live, which is a great addition to our championship and will show our sport to a wider audience,” Konsky finished.

The Penrite Honda Racing Team will announce another competitor in the coming weeks who will contend the SX2 class, stay tuned.
Ted722
9/16/2019 5:31pm
Thanks Maverick on documenting this. Just got caught up on all the going's on in the Great White North. Good to see those guys out there in the "off-season" !! Cheerful
9/16/2019 7:44pm
It's a step in a return of the Montreal SX. I did watch the race on the live stream. I was disapointed of the no commentators but if you think about it you do not have commentators if your in the stadium. Still... Canadian MX market is pretty small and to offer online stream is a huge step. I have follow mx since the end of the 80' and saw Ross Pederson, Carl Vaillancourt, JSR and probably the Gregoire brother (I was too young to remember but it's because of the Montreal SX that I felt in love with MX). I'm glad they got rid of the amateur class from the last Mtl SX events (previous from the return). I found the track pretty mellow compare to what it was last year on when I rode on it in 2009. There's still a lot of room for improvement, more public (I don't have TV and rarely listin to radio so not sure about the marketing and promotion of the vents) but at least MX still exist in Quebec and it can only bring more peolples on the track.

BTW... I can't find the Fox gear set that Dylan Wright wore sunday night. I never been a Fox fan but his kit remember me of the 90' and I might consider getting one.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/16/2019 8:21pm
charley586 wrote:
It's a step in a return of the Montreal SX. I did watch the race on the live stream. I was disapointed of the no commentators...
It's a step in a return of the Montreal SX. I did watch the race on the live stream. I was disapointed of the no commentators but if you think about it you do not have commentators if your in the stadium. Still... Canadian MX market is pretty small and to offer online stream is a huge step. I have follow mx since the end of the 80' and saw Ross Pederson, Carl Vaillancourt, JSR and probably the Gregoire brother (I was too young to remember but it's because of the Montreal SX that I felt in love with MX). I'm glad they got rid of the amateur class from the last Mtl SX events (previous from the return). I found the track pretty mellow compare to what it was last year on when I rode on it in 2009. There's still a lot of room for improvement, more public (I don't have TV and rarely listin to radio so not sure about the marketing and promotion of the vents) but at least MX still exist in Quebec and it can only bring more peolples on the track.

BTW... I can't find the Fox gear set that Dylan Wright wore sunday night. I never been a Fox fan but his kit remember me of the 90' and I might consider getting one.
The gear he's wearing is from the Fox 360 Line.

Dylan Wright

sybro
9/18/2019 6:09am
charley586 wrote:
It's a step in a return of the Montreal SX. I did watch the race on the live stream. I was disapointed of the no commentators...

They had even more amateur classes this year, but the had their final late afternoon. 50cc, 65, supermini and Ladies.

The ATV were pretty good but the buggey were boring as hell.

Post a reply to: Canadian Rockstar Energy Triple Crown Series | SX Tour | Round 1 - Montreal, QC

The Latest