Canadian Rockstar Energy Triple Crown Series | MX Tour | Round 5 - Sand Del Lee, ON

APLMAN99
7/22/2019 5:42am
Crossup wrote:
Looks like from the video of the pass, that Mike had the line on the inside and Phil lost rear traction and the bike squared up...
Looks like from the video of the pass, that Mike had the line on the inside and Phil lost rear traction and the bike squared up into Mike's line.
I think he was trying to "close the door" on Alessi and didn't have the gap that he was planning on. Definitely not a bad move by Alessi.

I've been as critical as most when Alessi does stupid stuff, but this certainly doesn't look like one of those times.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/22/2019 7:15am
Ramrod wrote:
I agree with this.

There must be more to the story, those penalties are really excessive!
Excessive but unfortunately that is what's written in the rulebook. I personally don't really see them reversing the decision or modifying the penalties.
Drtbykr
7/22/2019 8:08am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
If those penalties stick, the championship is pretty much over since there's 3 rounds left.
LungButter wrote:
So lame. I want to be a fan of Canadian MX, but it's always a shit show. Every year there is some BS penalty it seems...
So lame. I want to be a fan of Canadian MX, but it's always a shit show. Every year there is some BS penalty it seems like.

Guess they gotta penalize Americans so a Canadian can win I guess.
Phil needs some PR lessons from our honorary Canadian, BOBBY KINIRY.
Love the Americans coming up. Evan Laughridge. Josh F’ing Demuth, Paul Carpenter.

Bobby,
Always smiling, racing hard and then still smiling more. Lots of cool scars too.

Hey, poop happens and the Americans are treated just like Canadians.
Remember Dusty Klatt “salute” over the finish line jump.

If Phil really wants to play rough and fight, he should spend a year in Senior Hockey up here.
He will have lots of chances.

The Shop

TSCHAM101
7/22/2019 1:41pm
What mike did was flat out dirty. he knew he was punting Phil... Phil shouldnt have gone full suicide squad on Mike though..
Boudha88
7/22/2019 2:55pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2019 12:15pm
'There's no such thing as bad publicity'

Stats from my Youtube videos :

Round 4 : 184 views
Round 5 : 12067 views
Smile
nytsmaC
7/22/2019 3:35pm
Ramrod wrote:
I agree with this.

There must be more to the story, those penalties are really excessive!
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Excessive but unfortunately that is what's written in the rulebook. I personally don't really see them reversing the decision or modifying the penalties.
The penalties regarding their riding are nonsense though. I can see Phil getting something for his conduct after the race, a warning and probation would suffice but the racing part of it, nah.
byke
7/22/2019 3:42pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Phil letting Mike know what he thought about their on track incident after moto 2. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/07/20/361596/s1200_67234486_232581654384262_3848116073176204433_n.jpg[/img]
Phil letting Mike know what he thought about their on track incident after moto 2.

Dougy1 wrote:
Wow classy. In front of a child.
This guy needs a suspension for the rest of the series
That pic reminds me of that scene in Happy Gilmore where he points down and says FU...

https://youtu.be/6TsHDx0HcbQ
APLMAN99
7/22/2019 3:56pm
TSCHAM101 wrote:
What mike did was flat out dirty. he knew he was punting Phil... Phil shouldnt have gone full suicide squad on Mike though..
Just so no one has to look it up, I gave this a thumbs down.

Unfortunately it would only let me give one, not the 300 I had hoped to...….
TeamGreen
7/22/2019 4:02pm
I've got no dog in that fight and I'm a long-time fan of both riders: I don't know where the hell ANYONE would expect Mike to go when Phil bounced out of his line and DIRECTLY INTO MIKE'S line?

That was clearly a "shit happens" moment and I'm simply glad that no-one got hurt.
Period.

Also, I'm clueless as to how you "GO BACK IN TIME" & change the results of the race due to conduct...
Conduct that was -AFTER- the race. To do so screws up all the scoring.

If you -MUST- discipline the riders in question...do it via fines and probation/suspension.
APLMAN99
7/22/2019 4:08pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I've got no dog in that fight and I'm a long-time fan of both riders: I don't know where the hell ANYONE would expect Mike to...
I've got no dog in that fight and I'm a long-time fan of both riders: I don't know where the hell ANYONE would expect Mike to go when Phil bounced out of his line and DIRECTLY INTO MIKE'S line?

That was clearly a "shit happens" moment and I'm simply glad that no-one got hurt.
Period.

Also, I'm clueless as to how you "GO BACK IN TIME" & change the results of the race due to conduct...

If you -MUST- discipline the riders in question...do it via fines and probation/suspension.
Just so no one has to look it up, I gave this a thumbs up.

Sully
7/22/2019 5:03pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2019 5:07pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I've got no dog in that fight and I'm a long-time fan of both riders: I don't know where the hell ANYONE would expect Mike to...

Period.

APLMAN99 wrote:
Just so no one has to look it up, I gave this a thumbs up. Unfortunately it would only let me give one, not the 300...

Nevermind, figured it out. I'm an idiot.
APLMAN99
7/22/2019 5:06pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Period.

APLMAN99 wrote:
Just so no one has to look it up, I gave this a thumbs up. Unfortunately it would only let me give one, not the 300...

Sully wrote:
Nevermind, figured it out. I'm an idiot.
It clearly says thumbs up......

And I'm a proponent of public schools, so try not to make me look bad!!!!!

😎
Sully
7/22/2019 5:09pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

😎
I'm not making the San Diego City School System look too good today, that's for sure.
TeamGreen
7/22/2019 6:22pm
TSCHAM101 wrote:
“Dude, do you even lift?” (That’s a joke)
Reviewing the video with a coupl’a very capable pros today: that was just a racing Mis-Hap where the inertia/lines/bumps carried Phil RIGHT INTO Mike’s path.
That’s exactly what we mean when we say,”That’s just a racing thing”.

All the while...sure, maybe Phil see’s it differently AND we all can get pretty “jacked up” when we’re out there racing each-other.
TeamGreen
7/22/2019 6:28pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

😎
Sully wrote:
I'm not making the San Diego City School System look too good today, that's for sure.
Not to go all PC and soft...but...I, too, am a public school “kid” (from a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away) and a proponent of such.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/23/2019 7:49am
So with the penalties handed, Goerke gets the shaft on the overall win. It bumped Facciotti into 2nd place for the 2nd moto giving him the overall.

Phil drops from 2nd to 5th in the standings.

450 Overall Podium (Revised)

1- Colton Facciotti
2- Matt Goerke
3- Shawn Maffenbeier

450 Points Standings (Revised)

1- Colton Facciotti 240
2- Mike Alessi 213
3- Cole Thompson 202
4- Shawn Maffenbeier 192
5- Phil Nicoletti 185
6- Cade Clason 161
7- Matt Goerke 159
8- Ryan Dowd 144
9- Keylan Meston 133
10- Dakota Alix 104
nytsmaC
7/23/2019 9:49am
Wow, such horseshit. I just lost interest in the rest of the series.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/23/2019 10:02am
nytsmaC wrote:
Mike lost 7 points but the real bummer for this championship fight is Phil scoring no points.

The only one that now has a remote chance at the title is Mike but that'll be a tall order given the way Facciotti is riding. Add in Phil, Goerke, Thompson in the mix on top of the fact that there's only 3 rounds left, Facciotti is practically on cruise control at this point.

That said anything can happen.
nytsmaC
7/23/2019 10:09am
nytsmaC wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Mike lost 7 points but the real bummer for this championship fight is Phil scoring no points. The only one that now has a remote chance...
Mike lost 7 points but the real bummer for this championship fight is Phil scoring no points.

The only one that now has a remote chance at the title is Mike but that'll be a tall order given the way Facciotti is riding. Add in Phil, Goerke, Thompson in the mix on top of the fact that there's only 3 rounds left, Facciotti is practically on cruise control at this point.

As much as I think it’s excessive I at least understand Nicoletti’s DQ for his conduct. I’m scratching my head at the 5 position penalties for going backwards on the track that they both got though, when the hell did that happen?
duckdog77
7/23/2019 10:11am
“800 riding like a squirrel” that was funny! 🤣🤣🤣
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/23/2019 10:19am
nytsmaC wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Mike lost 7 points but the real bummer for this championship fight is Phil scoring no points. The only one that now has a remote chance...

nytsmaC wrote:
As much as I think it’s excessive I at least understand Nicoletti’s DQ for his conduct. I’m scratching my head at the 5 position penalties for...
As much as I think it’s excessive I at least understand Nicoletti’s DQ for his conduct. I’m scratching my head at the 5 position penalties for going backwards on the track that they both got though, when the hell did that happen?
If you watch the video on page 5 it happens after the checkered flag. They both turn around going back towards the finish line.
nytsmaC
7/23/2019 10:28am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
If you watch the video on page 5 it happens after the checkered flag. They both turn around going back towards the finish line.
I see, thanks. Considering it happened after the end of the race it still seems a little reaching and unnecessary, was anyone put in harm’s way or was it dangerous? Not that I could see but obviously I wasn’t there.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/23/2019 10:41am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
I see, thanks. Considering it happened after the end of the race it still seems a little reaching and unnecessary, was anyone put in harm’s way...
I see, thanks. Considering it happened after the end of the race it still seems a little reaching and unnecessary, was anyone put in harm’s way or was it dangerous? Not that I could see but obviously I wasn’t there.
They'll appeal it.

Did they break the rules? Yes. Was it during the race? Yes and no. You could argue no because both had crossed the finish line but yes as well since not every racer had crossed the finish line.

Was anyone put in harm's way? Having ridden Sand Del Lee a million times I know the place well and I say no. After crossing the finish line they made their way to the start straight, turned around and stuck to the side of the track.

That said, they did run the track backwards even if it was for a short distance. That goes against the rules.
RacerX8
7/23/2019 10:52am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
I see, thanks. Considering it happened after the end of the race it still seems a little reaching and unnecessary, was anyone put in harm’s way...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
They'll appeal it. Did they break the rules? Yes. Was it during the race? Yes and no. You could argue no because both had crossed the...
They'll appeal it.

Did they break the rules? Yes. Was it during the race? Yes and no. You could argue no because both had crossed the finish line but yes as well since not every racer had crossed the finish line.

Was anyone put in harm's way? Having ridden Sand Del Lee a million times I know the place well and I say no. After crossing the finish line they made their way to the start straight, turned around and stuck to the side of the track.

That said, they did run the track backwards even if it was for a short distance. That goes against the rules.
Damn, happy for Colt but more unhappy for Goerke, that sucks especially because these two had nothing to do with any of it. I’m sure Colt will take it but still not want it that way.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/23/2019 11:04am
RacerX8 wrote:
Damn, happy for Colt but more unhappy for Goerke, that sucks especially because these two had nothing to do with any of it. I’m sure Colt...
Damn, happy for Colt but more unhappy for Goerke, that sucks especially because these two had nothing to do with any of it. I’m sure Colt will take it but still not want it that way.
I agree. It sucks for Matt because it was his best race of the season. He lost the overall for something that was totally out of his control.

I'm sure Kawi will honor his win bonus. Well, I hope they do.
mx546
Fantasy
2305th
7/23/2019 2:31pm

Matt was on it!! Glad to see it in person!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/25/2019 6:04pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2019 9:35am
If my calculations are right, the points standings should look like the following after the appeals.

450 Points Standings (Revised after appeals)

1- Colton Facciotti 242
2- Mike Alessi 213
3- Cole Thompson 204
3- Phil Nicoletti 204
5- Shawn Maffenbeier 194
6- Cade Clason 161
7- Matt Goerke 159
8- Ryan Dowd 144
9- Keylan Meston 134
10- Dakota Alix 104

So Phil jumps back to 3rd from 5th after the original DQ. He didn't score any points in the 1st moto but the 5 place penalty gives him a 7th in moto 2 for 19 points.

Post a reply to: Canadian Rockstar Energy Triple Crown Series | MX Tour | Round 5 - Sand Del Lee, ON

The Latest